Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    This trainwreck has been so fascinating to watch.
    I mean this stuff isn't exactly straightforward

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tybittz3 View Post
    Microchip architecture isn't straightforward either but it hasn't stopped me from using a smartphone. I'm not smart enough to understand it but am smart enough to know it doesn't matter for what I need to do with it.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I had an argument with someone over the concept of supply and demand determining price.
    There was an Amazon distribution center about 10 miles north of me. They employed 1500 people. The facility had a 15 year moratorium on property tax. 14 years and 11 months later the Amazon facility moved about 200 miles away. Lots of people left this town. If they had a bank loan on the house, they just let the bank have the house back. SUPPLY.

Nobody is moving to this town, there is no DEMAND.

I ended up buying a bunch of bank foreclosures, furnishing them with everything from a full kitchen, washer/dryer, bedrooms, living rooms and renting them out by the week to refinery contractors. My job at the time was giving pre-access drug screens to refinery contractors.

A motel room with 2 beds is $500 a week. I'd charge $750 a week for a 3 bedroom place with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, smart tv, etc. Those 3 bedroom places were $9500. I didn't inspect them because I figured the bank did that before they gave the loan. After the 2nd foreclosure we realized the key for the front door was the same for every place. We'd find a foreclosure and just let ourselves in with the keys from previous purchases.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's a full time job. Repairs, mowing, maintenance, cleaning, and promoting the rentals. Some of my tenants look at me and see this sign on my forehead that says "I'm a counselor". I'm not a counselor but I try to give them counseling.
    Current rankings

jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100)
    this typically for compound lifts that focus on building strength.

Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Microchip architecture isn't straightforward either but it hasn't stopped me from using a smartphone. I'm not smart enough to understand it but am smart enough to know it doesn't matter for what I need to do with it.
    sure, I get that but I'm just trying to figure out why I'm going to do 3×5 when I'm trying to build muscle. 3x5 is going to take extra heavy weight. I'm not looking to powerlift.
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-24-2024 at 08:35 AM.

why I'm going to do 3×5 when I'm trying to build muscle.
    I do 4x12-20.
    Current rankings

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm just trying to figure out why I'm going to do 3×5 when I'm trying to build muscle. 3x5 is going to take extra heavy weight.
    And I'm trying to figure out why only 4 out of 8 cores are hyperthreaded on my phone's SOC.

I need to figure this out before I can make phonecalls.

sure, I get that
    No. You definitely don't
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're definitely a troll, right?

How many times does a person need to be told by 10+ individuals the same thing?

You're exhausting my dude.

Just follow Fierce 5 earnestly for a few months, then you'll understand.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Current rankings

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    sure, I get that but I'm just trying to figure out why I'm going to do 3×5 when I'm trying to build muscle. 3x5 is going to take extra heavy weight. I'm not looking to powerlift.
    This isn't a concern until you're actually lifting "extra heavy weight" and you can no longer progress on the novice program. Then you move onto an intermediate program.

Intensity is one of the keys to building strength and hypertropjy. Lifting in the low to moderate rep ranges allows to bring the intensity and learn your limits so you can develop a considerable base of strength. When you know what failure or near failure feels like at 5 reps, you will be much more successful should you choose to move to a program where you are working in higher rep ranges. If you start out in higher rep ranges, you're more likely to mistake fatigue for failure and strength gains will be a lot slower.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    This isn't a concern until you're actually lifting "extra heavy weight" and you can no longer progress on the novice program. Then you move onto an intermediate program.

Intensity is one of the keys to building strength and hypertropjy. Lifting in the low to moderate rep ranges allows to bring the intensity and learn your limits so you can develop a considerable base of strength. When you know what failure or near failure feels like at 5 reps, you will be much more successful should you choose to move to a program where you are working in higher rep ranges. If you start out in higher rep ranges, you're more likely to mistake fatigue for failure and strength gains will be a lot slower.
    gotcha

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Sure!

Brand name / name of machine works

Photos are better because there are different versions but it's ok

Point is, your gym is sure to have what you need to get big if you don't want to use freeweights

Personally, I don't use freeweights much any more, but they were very good at getting me big when I started out

Eventually when you get strong enough, front squatting 400+ lbs for reps, it's just a better peace of mind using a machine, but it takes years to get there, most never get there
    there's a chance I may also switch to planet fitness since the nysc closed. the issue is they only have smith machines for the barbell exercises. my understanding is those aren't as effective as the free weight barbells?

so I started doing the Fierce 5 dumbell novice routine but it says that the intermediate routines are for people who've exhausted their newbie gains and are unable to add weight every week. I can't tell if I'm still in the newbie gain stage or not and usually struggle to go up in weight every week. should I still stick to the novice routine?

Waiting on photos of your gym equipment

I actually ended up going with the dumbbell routine to make it easier. I'm hoping this is a good program for me. I usually have trouble adding weight every week and I'm not sure if I'm done with newbie gains which made me think I should go intermediate.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post

I went with the Fierce 5 dumbell novice program. it suggests that the intermediate programs are for people who have issues adding weight every week which also sounds like me. so I wasn't sure if I should maybe go with an intermediate one. also how do I know if I've exhausted my newbie gains?

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so I started doing the Fierce 5 dumbell novice routine but it says that the intermediate routines are for people who've exhausted their newbie gains and are unable to add weight every week. I can't tell if I'm still in the newbie gain stage or not and usually struggle to go up in weight every week. should I still stick to the novice routine?
    Are you at the following strength level?

1 x Bodyweight Bench Press, 3 sets for 5 reps
    (For example, you weigh 180 lbs, can you do 180 lb bench press for 3 sets of 5 reps?)
    1.5 x Bodyweight Squats, 3 sets for 5 reps
    (For example, you weigh 180 lbs, can you do 270 lb squat for 3 sets of 5 reps?)
    2 x Bodyweight Deadlifts, 1 set for 5 reps
    (For example, you weigh 180 lbs, can yoi do 360 lb deadlift for 1 set of 5 reps?)

If the answer is no, you are not likely close to intermediate

Do the novice barbell program

Show me pictures of your gym equipment, i'll help you out

Or ignore me and good luck
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► Progress Pictures

Are you at the following strength level?

1 x Bodyweight Bench Press, 3 sets for 5 reps
    (For example, you weigh 180 lbs, can you do 180 lb bench press for 3 sets of 5 reps?)
    1.5 x Bodyweight Squats, 3 sets for 5 reps
    (For example, you weigh 180 lbs, can you do 270 lb squat for 3 sets of 5 reps?)
    2 x Bodyweight Deadlifts, 1 set for 5 reps
    (For example, you weigh 180 lbs, can yoi do 360 lb deadlift for 1 set of 5 reps?)

If the answer is no, you are not likely close to intermediate

Do the novice barbell program

Show me pictures of your gym equipment, i'll help you out

Or ignore me and good luck
    in regards to the bodyweight stuff, should I test that out to decide? my guess is it would probably be a struggle though. And are you saying I'd be better off with the barbell program than the dumbell program? I think do remember the original fierce 5 post saying you would have to move on to barbells eventually to be fair. should have photos soon. appreciate your help and I'm sorry for giving you guys a hard time.
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-26-2024 at 09:10 AM.

1. Get on a real program.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631

2. Use this as your source of nutrition information:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

3. Don't lose more than 1% bodyweight a week on average or you can look forward to extra loose skin when you're done dieting down

4. Weight loss can stall for up to 3 weeks at a time. If after 3 weeks you're not losing enough weight, eat less.

Good luck

----

Lose up to 1% body fat a week until you hit your goal body fat %, normally 10% to 12% for most people

Losing any faster results in extra loose skin and muscle loss

If you can't handle dieting that long, take a break at maintenance for a bit, then get back to dieting down

For trained lifters, it takes a long time to build muscle tissue, so bulk for as long as you can without getting out of hand fat

Aim to gain up to 0.5% bodyweight a week for as long as possible, 18% to 22% body fat for most people

Gaining any faster will result in unnecessary fat gains and stretch marks

This will help:

Also this:
    ► Progress Pictures

3. Don't lose more than 1% bodyweight a week on average or you can look forward to extra loose skin when you're done dieting down

4. Weight loss can stall for up to 3 weeks at a time. If after 3 weeks you're not losing enough weight, eat less.

Good luck

----

Lose up to 1% body fat a week until you hit your goal body fat %, normally 10% to 12% for most people

If you can't handle dieting that long, take a break at maintenance for a bit, then get back to dieting down

For trained lifters, it takes a long time to build muscle tissue, so bulk for as long as you can without getting out of hand fat

Aim to gain up to 0.5% bodyweight a week for as long as possible, 18% to 22% body fat for most people

This will help:

Also this:
    if I was to do the barbell program did you say I would I be substituting the barbell bench press and squat with something else? I may end up having to do the db program for convenience if I have to switch gyms. I'll try to see what I can take pictures of. also I wouldn't be trying to lose weight.
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-26-2024 at 01:28 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if I was to do the barbell program did you say I would I be substituting the barbell bench press and squat with something else?
    I think he said you could use small, medium & large sized dogs, depending on the exercises and progression protocol. Or maybe that was someone else.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I think he said you could use small, medium & large sized dogs, depending on the exercises and progression protocol. Or maybe that was someone else.
    can someone just answer me seriously....this really isn't funny or helping me at all. I'm just trying to learn here and listen to you guys for once without being difficult
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-27-2024 at 04:01 AM.

Good luck

----

This will help:

Also this:
    and should I still send you photos? I wasn't sure if that was a serious suggestion. I can't tell who's trolling in this thread and seriously going to help me. I'm hoping you're still willing to help
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-27-2024 at 04:04 AM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can someone just answer me seriously....this really isn't funny or helping me at all. I'm just trying to learn here and listen to you guys for once without being difficult
    Aside from being a general troll with your endless threads, you haven't listened to a single thing anyone has said to you in any of them. Trolling works both ways.

While you think my previous advice below from your past threads is negative and unhelpful - it is the only thing that will help someone like you... if you choose to actually hear what is being said.

Some people find ways to make no progress year after year in the gym.
    you and your effort, mindset, coinsistency & discipline are the biggest variables in the equation.

You're too busy asking a thousand pointless questions - about what gains you'll make, what's normal, whether something you heard is true, your special/customized needs etc. - to make any gains.

Classic time waster and excuse maker. It's not discouragement or negativity - it's the truth dude.

Until you get serious with true effort under a proper program - and stop talking about it - you'll just be spinning your wheels endlessly.

Aside from being a general troll with your endless threads, you haven't listened to a single thing anyone has said to you in any of them. Trolling works both ways.

While you think my previous advice below from your past threads is negative and unhelpful - it is the only thing that will help someone like you... if you choose to actually hear what is being said.
    I swear on everything I'm not trying to troll though. and I'm trying to figure out how to view those past threads. is the first bubble implying that I'll never see results?

I swear on everything I'm not trying to troll though. and I'm trying to figure out how to view those past threads. is the first bubble implying that I'll never see results?
    Case in point, it's like you didn't even see the second bubble. Everything goes over your head dude, that's why - when all your threads are factored in - people all think you're trolling.

Case in point, it's like you didn't even see the second bubble. Everything goes over your head dude, that's why - when all your threads are factored in - people all think you're trolling.
    I saw it I just didn't acknowledge it. I'm sorry for giving everyone a hard time I'm just trying to do better

I saw it I just didn't acknowledge it. I'm sorry for giving everyone a hard time I'm just trying to do better
    See second bubble.

When you stop talking & start lifting under a proper program, any proper progam - without asking endless Qs about whether it's good for you, whether the rep range is right, whether you can do all the bb exercises in a smith machine, whether you can do all the exercises with dbs etc. etc. - then maybe you can make some progress.

At some point you actually have to get in the gym and lift to build muscle. You're like all the people who think they're going to lose weight by endlessly talking about losing weight.

See second bubble.

When you stop talking & start lifting under a proper program, any proper progam - without asking endless Qs about whether it's good for you, whether the rep range is right, whether you can do all the bb exercises in a smith machine, whether you can do all the exercises with dbs etc. etc. - then maybe you can make some progress.

At some point you actually have to get in the gym and lift to build muscle. You're like all the people who think they're going to lose weight by endlessly talking about losing weight.
    I've started the dumbell program although I'm still wondering if the barbell one is better. I wish the gym near me didn't close because it had all the equipment. and then I also feel awkward asking for spotters

I've started the dumbell program although I'm still wondering if the barbell one is better. I wish the gym near me didn't close because it had all the equipment. and then I also feel awkward asking for spotters
    It's like sitting at a poker table with 6-8 guys at the table. Everybody at the table knows that one person is always going to lose money. If you're at the table and don't know who that person is, that person is you.
    Current rankings