muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Request for alternative exercises for: triceps, biceps, and back please.

I like to have two exercises for each muscle group so I can alternate, diversify, and be flexible with my full-body workouts. But I need to drop 3 exercises and would love some replacement ideas please:

Muscle Group: Triceps
    Exercise to be continued: V-Bar Tricep Pushdowns
    Exercise to be changed: Skullcrushers
    Reason for need to change: Even when I lowered the dumbbell weight, I found I could not stabilise my elbows, and so I was not isolating the muscle. I could never get good form.
    Alternative: Something that works each arm separately, and maybe focuses on a different part of the muscle?

Muscle Group: Back
    Exercise to be continued: Seated Cable Rows
    Exercise to be changed: Bent Over Rows
    Reason for wish to change: When I last upped the weight from 15kg to 17.5kg dumbbells, my left SI joint (always a weak point for me) was thrown out. Think I'm struggling to stabilise my core at that weight, and have had to go back to 15s, and fearful of advancing. 
    Alternative: Something that means my lower back won't have to take the pressure, perhaps simply doing these on an incline bench (but only one in my whole (tiny) gym, often in use) so other suggestions appreciated.

Muscle Group: Biceps
    Exercise to be continued: Alternating dumbbell curls
    Exercise to be changed: Preacher curls
    Reason for wish to change: Accidentally added wrong weight when doing preacher curls once, got distal bicep tendonitis, now the wrist position the EZ bar uses for preacher curls always re-aggravates the injury when I try to go back to them
    Alternative: Anything that might work the bicep in a different way

All ideas welcome! Thank you!

muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscrester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would really appreciate any suggestions!

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You shouldn't be running your own program if you don't understand this

This is what you should follow instead for actual progress

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When you follow the Fierce 5 with its compound movements, your arms are going to be worked enough so that you don't really need to do isolation work.

With that being said, I do the Fierce 5 but still add isolation movements to my arms. But I'm a 60 year old woman that has to carry 2 grandkids and a big bag of dog food around, so my arms need to be built up.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparo
    TolerntLacoe: Oosum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicidGripMe: Falco
    Mpocket: Owl
    Air2Fak: Wease
    Steo9: Fert
    Caarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Pauinanas: Coyot
    Sals: Wlf

jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Single arm overhead tricep extensions with the cable.

Pull ups duh.

Incline dumbbell curls
    2022 -- Just maintaining and doing the van life
    April 2021.................16 week cut.................168 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............186 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Single arm cable triceps extension. Do them any direction you like, but I suggest something basic like a downward motion at midline of body.

For back, rows aren’t really easy to replace if the hip stabilization is the issue. As far as the basic arm pulling mechanics, coupled with the cable row, standard machine rows should be fine with emphasis flaring and stretching the back as you pull.

Biceps exercises are interchangeable for the most part. The main difference is going to be how technical they are to do right, so whatever you choose just work on form and endurance.

Registered User munirashraf9821's Avatar
    munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) munirashraf9821 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by muscrester View Post
    I like to have two exercises for each muscle group so I can alternate, diversify, and be flexible with my full-body workouts. But I need to drop 3 exercises and would love some replacement ideas please:

Muscle Group: Triceps
    Exercise to be continued: V-Bar Tricep Pushdowns
    Exercise to be changed: Skullcrushers
    Reason for need to change: Even when I lowered the dumbbell weight, I found I could not stabilise my elbows, and so I was not isolating the muscle. I could never get good form.
    Alternative: Something that works each arm separately, and maybe focuses on a different part of the muscle?

Muscle Group: Back
    Exercise to be continued: Seated Cable Rows
    Exercise to be changed: Bent Over Rows
    Reason for wish to change: When I last upped the weight from 15kg to 17.5kg dumbbells, my left SI joint (always a weak point for me) was thrown out. Think I'm struggling to stabilise my core at that weight, and have had to go back to 15s, and fearful of advancing. 
    Alternative: Something that means my lower back won't have to take the pressure, perhaps simply doing these on an incline bench (but only one in my whole (tiny) gym, often in use) so other suggestions appreciated.

Muscle Group: Biceps
    Exercise to be continued: Alternating dumbbell curls
    Exercise to be changed: Preacher curls
    Reason for wish to change: Accidentally added wrong weight when doing preacher curls once, got distal bicep tendonitis, now the wrist position the EZ bar uses for preacher curls always re-aggravates the injury when I try to go back to them
    Alternative: Anything that might work the bicep in a different way

All ideas welcome! Thank you!
    Hey, it's great that you're paying attention to your body and willing to adjust your routine. It's crucial, especially when you're dealing with injuries or weak points. Here are some alternatives for you:

For Triceps:

If you're looking for something that works each arm separately, consider Single-Arm Tricep Pushdowns. You'll be able to focus on each arm, and it's a good way to isolate the tricep muscle.
    For Back:

Have you tried Lat Pulldowns? They're much easier on the lower back and still offer a great workout for the lats. If that machine is taken, Single-Arm Dumbbell Rows on a bench could also be a safer option for your SI joint issue.
    For Biceps:

You could try Hammer Curls. The neutral grip could be easier on your wrists and tendons, and it also targets the brachialis, giving your arms a fuller look.
    Hope this helps!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and advice, I'll try them out and see which I get on with best!

x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) x824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can recommend dips and pull-ups/chins variations.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are a physique athlete, you have to be careful of overworking the bicep. If you do a lot pulling with a supinated grip, such as with chin ups, you can have an overdeveloped bicep. Likewise with pushing, narrow grips develop the tris. From a physique standpoint, variety is probably the best option on those little muscle. You need to develop a good looking arm.

The back is a little different. It's got big strong muscle. I like to hit it with a horizontal, such as a barbell row, where I can load it, and a vertical pull, such as a pull up or pull down. The back needs to be hit from different angles, so deadlifting is a must for me. Don't forget something for the traps if it's not developing. And tie in a rear delt movement. Having a nice back takes effort and dedication. It takes a plan.