Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

how to republicans respond to the accusation of voter suppression?

ive been exploring each sides of the political playing field. one of the issues is voter suppression. democrats are very certain that republicans use voter suppression o win. is this true? is it false? if so, how/why are the democrats wrong?

a few ways i've found are:

-requiring an id
    -preventing mail in votes
    -taking away voting centers

aware me.

edit: i feel like both sides find a way to suppress votes.
    be the turtle in the race.

scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) scheal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Cadet4life View Post
    ive been exploring each sides of the political playing field. one of the issues is voter suppression. democrats are very certain that republicans use voter suppression o win. is this true? is it false? if so, how/why are the democrats wrong?

-requiring an id

aware me.
    Why is requiring an ID considered voter suppression?

Are you saying certain people are too dumb to obtain an ID

topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) topperstyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Brb alcohol-buying suppression for asking my ID when buying a cold snack

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

-requiring an id

aware me.

First i'd like to say that it's a very commendable approach to take towards politics and really anything in life that you want to learn more about. Really try to hear the arguments and perspectives of both sides and why they tend to think and feel that way.

-gerrymandering (re-organizing district lines and boundaries to help win votes)
    -discounting mass minority-area votes because of 'technicality'
    -resistant to national holiday for voting

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Requiring an ID is not suppression.

Mail in voting can and is very easy to manipulate and cheat, although to a lesser extent we've seen that stuff with actual ballots as well.

Unaware of removing voting centers, if they are, I'd like to know why and if it was hindering some people's ability to vote. That's something I could see, and if it is happening regardless of whether it's to trim away rural (R) or urban (D) votes, that's bullchit. Providing there isn't some history of corruption of cheating, although even there you'd think it's possible to just get new people in charge and assign someone to watch over them.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scheal View Post

Its really only a problem if your A) Illegal (tho some states give state IDs to illegals now) and B) your underage or too lazy to get a state issued ID (like a drivers license...)

Yet that doesnt stop democrats from trying to decriminalize illegally being here, giving illegals drivers licenses, and letting them legally vote in local elections. And that hasnt stopped people like House leader Nancy Pelosi from saying people under the age of 18 should be allowed to vote.

And good luck cleaning up voter rolls when all the democrats do is turn around sue you and cry about voter suppression. Apparently having dead people, illegals, dead cats, and people that have moved out of state, on voter rolls, is perfectly fine for democrats. Its only "suppressing the vote" when you try to make potential fraud more difficult. Kinda makes you wonder why theyre so worried about that.
    EMT/Firefighter Crew

Bench 405
    Deadlift 700
    Sqaut 550

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just another false rumor among many that the dems and far left fabricate in an attempt to rile their base.

Dems push mail-in voting, but they ignore the fact that out of thousands of people involved in the logistics, including the US Postal Service which is largely not Republican, that fraud will occur and in a big way.

Let New York be a smaller sample of what will happen on a national basis if we implement mail-in voting. It is a monster cluster-fuk.

New Yorkers’ right to vote was ‘left to chance’ due to ‘systematic failures’ at Board of Elections, U.S. Postal Service, federal judge finds

”Systematic failures” at the state Board of Elections and U.S. Postal Service resulted in nearly one in 10 absentee ballots cast in the June 23 primary being invalidated, a federal judge wrote, detailing a bureaucratic debacle that will cast a shadow over the looming presidential election.

Manhattan Federal Judge Analisa Torres’s 48-page decision ordering the counting of thousands of absentee ballots that had previously been invalidated also provided a detailed analysis of government failure to protect the right to vote.

“Whether an individual’s vote will be counted in this race, therefore, may depend in part on something completely arbitrary—their place of residence and by extension, the mailbox or post office where they dropped off their ballot,” Torres wrote in a ruling Monday evening.....

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...74i-story.html
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They make it a pain to get an ID. They make it a pain to go vote. They purge voter roles of valid voters.

Politics is a game and Democrats counter by using dead people. Using people who don't typically vote. Registering illegals.

Politicians are skilled at lying, spin and manipulation. They both play games and I suspect it balances out most of the time.

Mail in voting has major issues IMO. I think they should be able to mail a ballot and then have you fill it out and drop it off.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

-requiring an id

aware me.

if you are truly interested, here is 1 reporters discussion.

http://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/repu...fair-and-free/
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AriGhold has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Your words, Cletus.

azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

-requiring an id

aware me.

ID is required for many things but only seems to be an issue when it comes to voting
    I know a family who keeps receiving a voting card for their dead parents. Can they just mail in a vote for them?
    St. Louis Blues Crew
    I cannot suck my entire dong but I can lollipop the head crew
    It might be short but it sure is skinny crew
    RICHSTRONG's personal s*x toy

Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

democrats are saying so...

Originally Posted by ispy View Post
    Originally Posted by topperstyle View Post
    Brb alcohol-buying suppression for asking my ID when buying a cold snack
    das it mane

Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    First i'd like to say that it's a very commendable approach to take towards politics and really anything in life that you want to learn more about. Really try to hear the arguments and perspectives of both sides and why they tend to think and feel that way.

-gerrymandering (re-organizing district lines and boundaries to help win votes)
    -discounting mass minority-area votes because of 'technicality'
    -resistant to national holiday for voting
    thanks. its tough because i feel like today's political landscape is so polar. i can look into a issue like the epa and both sides have such a drastic viewpoint. i guess it really boils down to my own personal values.

-don't both sides gerrymander?
    -can you go into detail/specifics about discounting mass minority areas? like what exactly is happening?
    -ill look into the national holiday thing, not sure about it.

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Requiring an ID is not suppression.

Mail in voting can and is very easy to manipulate and cheat, although to a lesser extent we've seen that stuff with actual ballots as well.

Unaware of removing voting centers, if they are, I'd like to know why and if it was hindering some people's ability to vote. That's something I could see, and if it is happening regardless of whether it's to trim away rural (R) or urban (D) votes, that's bullchit. Providing there isn't some history of corruption of cheating, although even there you'd think it's possible to just get new people in charge and assign someone to watch over them.
    yeah the id thing is strange. the argument is that college id's and other forms of identification should be accepted instead of a drivers license. many democrats are saying minorities are not able to get a drivers license because they don't have a social security card, proper bill address, ect.

so ive read that georgia is ground zero for voter suppression. i think what is being failed to being recognized is that voting centers require people to work them. if there aren't enough staff, that center cannot be open. but then democrats see this as voter suppression. idk. long lines, technical difficulties, ect are said to be considered voter suppression.

Originally Posted by Jrd86 View Post
    Its really only a problem if your A) Illegal (tho some states give state IDs to illegals now) and B) your underage or too lazy to get a state issued ID (like a drivers license...)

Yet that doesnt stop democrats from trying to decriminalize illegally being here, giving illegals drivers licenses, and letting them legally vote in local elections. And that hasnt stopped people like House leader Nancy Pelosi from saying people under the age of 18 should be allowed to vote.

And good luck cleaning up voter rolls when all the democrats do is turn around sue you and cry about voter suppression. Apparently having dead people, illegals, dead cats, and people that have moved out of state, on voter rolls, is perfectly fine for democrats. Its only "suppressing the vote" when you try to make potential fraud more difficult. Kinda makes you wonder why theyre so worried about that.
    i agree with your points. it's really interesting democrats are ok with people voting who don't have proper identification. but isn't that the base group they are appealing to? good ending point.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Just another false rumor among many that the dems and far left fabricate in an attempt to rile their base.

Dems push mail-in voting, but they ignore the fact that out of thousands of people involved in the logistics, including the US Postal Service which is largely not Republican, that fraud will occur and in a big way.

Let New York be a smaller sample of what will happen on a national basis if we implement mail-in voting. It is a monster cluster-fuk.

New Yorkers’ right to vote was ‘left to chance’ due to ‘systematic failures’ at Board of Elections, U.S. Postal Service, federal judge finds

”Systematic failures” at the state Board of Elections and U.S. Postal Service resulted in nearly one in 10 absentee ballots cast in the June 23 primary being invalidated, a federal judge wrote, detailing a bureaucratic debacle that will cast a shadow over the looming presidential election.

Manhattan Federal Judge Analisa Torres’s 48-page decision ordering the counting of thousands of absentee ballots that had previously been invalidated also provided a detailed analysis of government failure to protect the right to vote.

“Whether an individual’s vote will be counted in this race, therefore, may depend in part on something completely arbitrary—their place of residence and by extension, the mailbox or post office where they dropped off their ballot,” Torres wrote in a ruling Monday evening.....

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...74i-story.html
    i personally do not trust the usps. the are fukin chit and even worse since covid hit. that's my issue. democrats are pro mail-in but the reality of the chitty servicee of usps does not seem to be taken into account. the notion that this is voter suppression is interesting.

Originally Posted by ispy View Post
    damn. "they don't have the knowledge". racist, right?

Originally Posted by lsiberian View Post
    They make it a pain to get an ID. They make it a pain to go vote. They purge voter roles of valid voters.

Politics is a game and Democrats counter by using dead people. Using people who don't typically vote. Registering illegals.

Politicians are skilled at lying, spin and manipulation. They both play games and I suspect it balances out most of the time.

Mail in voting has major issues IMO. I think they should be able to mail a ballot and then have you fill it out and drop it off.
    i fukin hate politics. a coworker was spouting off stuff about how trump is truly evil so ive been investigating his accusations.

Originally Posted by azzspankr View Post
    ID is required for many things but only seems to be an issue when it comes to voting
    I know a family who keeps receiving a voting card for their dead parents. Can they just mail in a vote for them?
    das it mane

fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessislife has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AriGhold View Post
    Your words, Cletus.
    Your actions.
    "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied,
    demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

- PJ O'Rourke

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm curious OP, if voter ID laws suppress voting why do so many countries with voter ID laws have greater voter participation than the US?
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Never forget, when a Democrat accuses you of something, that is exactly what they are guilty of...and you can take that to the bank.
    * Trad Archery Crew

If you allow the Govt to break the law because of an emergency, they will always create an emergency to break the law

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the goal for a true democracy should be to facilitate easy voting for as many people as possible

repubs dont want that

the screech about voter fraud with zero evidence, fight against national voting holidays, gerrymander, demand various voter ID rules, shut down polling centers, lie about voting times and dates, and try to remove mail in ballots and make people stand in line physically for hours during a pandemic to vote

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    I'm curious OP, if voter ID laws suppress voting why do so many countries with voter ID laws have greater voter participation than the US?
    that sounds like a claim that should be supported by some sorta link or evidence

because, ya know, you might just be totally making it up

Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrd86 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sandaltan View Post
    the goal for a true democracy should be to facilitate easy voting for as many people as possible

repubs dont want that

the screech about voter fraud with zero evidence, fight against national voting holidays, gerrymander, demand various voter ID rules, shut down polling centers, lie about voting times and dates, and try to remove mail in ballots and make people stand in line physically for hours during a pandemic to vote
    We are not a "true democracy." We are a republic with 50 states.
    EMT/Firefighter Crew

Bench 405
    Deadlift 700
    Sqaut 550

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if you take away the entire issue of mail in ballots and just look at the number of polling stations closed, I think it is quite clear there is voter suppression happening.

One issue I would disagree with many on this board on.

I've only seen evidence of republicans using this tactic, not democrats, but I could be wrong.

Gerrymandering is a way to rig the game though that both democrats and republicans are equally guilty of.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    if you take away the entire issue of mail in ballots and just look at the number of polling stations closed, I think it is quite clear there is voter suppression happening.

I've only seen evidence of republicans using this tactic, not democrats, but I could be wrong.

Gerrymandering is a way to rig the game though that both democrats and republicans are equally guilty of.

The entire state of california does that to republican voters.
    EMT/Firefighter Crew

Bench 405
    Deadlift 700
    Sqaut 550

We are not a "true democracy." We are a republic with 50 states.
    we're actually a democratic republic

are you saying we're not a democracy?

lmao

that sounds like the kinda claim that should be supported by some sort of link or evidence

because, ya know, you might just be making it up

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd be interested in seeing the evidence to support that claim. I'm not saying I don't believe you, simply am unaware of the evidence if it does exist.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barteh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_Identification_laws

I guess basically the entire world is surpressing voters then. Or maybe we don't want do be a banana republic with rampant election fraud. It's literally the only logical way to run a fair election.

Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thankless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

repubs dont want that

Sandaltan do you genuinely believe voter fraud doesn't exist?

Who is against national holidays for voting?

Democrats despise Gerrymandering except when they get to do it.

Nothing wrong with strict voter ID rules. Every state should require people registering to vote to provide proof of their citizenship, and then issue a free photo voter ID card with every registration. federal registration forms should also require it.

If people can stand in line everywhere else during the pandemic, I don't see why standing in line to vote would be an issue. Create 2 lines, 1 for people aged 60-65+ and a line for everyone else. Give the high risk seniors and the morbidly obese a flash pass and be done with it.

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    beats me, thats why im asking lol.

Originally Posted by Chowboy View Post
    Never forget, when a Democrat accuses you of something, that is exactly what they are guilty of...and you can take that to the bank.
    awfukbye

repubs dont want that

im going to play devils advocate and counter your statement. democrats seem to cater to illegal immigrants and poor minorities, typically people who are misinformed. is it logical to allow these people to vote?

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post

can you be specific on a location or locations that have been closed? i see this accusation alot but im wondering if it's just a matter of not having the staff to have run the voting center.

Originally Posted by Barteh View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_Identification_laws

I guess basically the entire world is surpressing voters then. Or maybe we don't want do be a banana republic with rampant election fraud. It's literally the only logical way to run a fair election.
    politics is stupid. we can spin things however way we want.

edit: i've been trying to investigate why these polling centers are closing other than being ok with the answer of "republicans are suppressing votes". if someone could give me a place and example that'd be great. i feel like there is a bigger reason why the polling station is closed other than voter suppression. wouldn't hurt both the dems and reps. if the polling center is closed? can't vote for either party?

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A real head spinner........

Breaking: Trump backtracks on Florida mail-in voting: ‘I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail’

President Donald Trump on Tuesday said that he wanted “all” people to vote by mail in Florida.

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail!”
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    if you are truly interested, here is 1 reporters discussion.

http://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/repu...fair-and-free/
    i wasn't able to read the article because i don't have a subscription. instead i looked into who bill moyers is. it looks like he is a liberal. that being said, i feel like he will have bias in his words.

i wasn't able to read the article because i don't have a subscription. instead i looked into who bill moyers is. it looks like he is a liberal. that being said, i feel like he will have bias in his words.
    i don't have a subscription and i could post and read it; additionally you can read things from both sides and come to a conclusion based on reason and logic.