sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Let’s try this again? My log.

2018 had been a difficult year, my self confidence dropped to an all time low. It’s to the point where my relationship suffers as I can’t stand my beautiful fiancé to see what I’ve become. I keep a shirt by the bed so when I get up there’s no chance she will see the weight I’ve gained (This is ridiculous, I know). But listen, I’ve always been so confident. 3 years ago I was switching jobs from a detention officer weighing in at around 212lbs. I was strong and confident. And I’ve slipped down hill since then. I’m 260lb right now, and have lost most of my strength. I’ve reached a point where I’m almost willing to stop eating because I’ve failed 2 or 3 times now to lose the weight. But wait, I’m not going to. I’m tougher than that and I’ve got a gym downstairs. It’s not the greatest but there’s a cable machine, a sad excuse for a free weight set, an elliptical, seated bicycle, and a couple treadmills. I know it’s january 2nd but this is going to kill me as diabetes, cancer, and heart problems run in both sides of my family, I need to do this. I don’t accept no for an answer with anything else in my life so why start now. I have 3 problems, I’m lazy, I over eat, and I eat incorrectly. I can fix the laziness with a mindset. I can eat better portions with a mindset. And I can start eating correctly with some research. The New Years thing won’t apply because the majority of people I’ve told have said that I won’t stick with it, and I’ve made a point in my life to prove people wrong when they say I “can’t” do something. So stick around if you wish and follow my journey as I try to get back to a point of strength and confidence. I’ll start with a banana and a cliff bar with some water thismorning instead of my usual 2 slices of pizza and an energy drink from the gas station. 260lb thismorning. Idk if I can add pics to this but I’ll try tomorrow to take some and upload them. The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. I’m fat, I’m gonna fix it. Constructive criticism as well as positive guidance is welcomed as I’m slightly uninformed and ignorant as to what I could be doing other than some basic weightlifting and some better dieting. I could definitely use help setting up a workout program that would actually work with my gym (as I cannot afford a membership right now while I pay off the massive amount of credit card debt I racked up by ordering food delivery almost every night last year) thanks guys, you rock. I’m gonna kick my own ass this time.

sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10) sdriz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So day 1 pre workout scale says 259 with my gym clothes on (no shoes). Workout consisted of:
    1 Mile < 15min

3 sets 10
    *Shoulder press 50lb
    *Chest Flys 80lb

2 sets 10
    Flat bench Sit-ups
    Curl bar w/ 57lb
    *Pulldowns 70lb
    *Bench 50lb

1/4 mile any pace

* indicates cable machine

The workout managed to make me dry heave when I got back upstairs so I think that’s good. Worked out on an empty stomach, gonna have a protein shake now and a little yogurt cup for breakfast. Leftover Cajun chicken and rice for lunch here in a few hours. Scale just showed 257.5 so I did a good job of sweating. Need to figure out another workout, maybe a leg day and a core day since today seems like upper body. Thoughts? I’ll check in again on Monday I think. Maybe tomorrow night too. Depends on what I find out! Thanks everyone

Keep on swimming! scrossmaggard's Avatar
    scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Give this a go! It’s a great read and has lots of good info, plus pictures!

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/b...SABEgJlm_D_BwE
    Nothing worth having in life comes easily!

Originally Posted by scrossmaggard View Post
    Give this a go! It’s a great read and has lots of good info, plus pictures!
    Awesome I’ll check it out. I’ve got a couple gift cards I could use on it!

Hello everyone I’m happy to report that I haven’t failed. I’ve been so dedicated. Every morning I’ve been having 3 egg whites with some onion, 3 pieces of jimmy dean turkey sausage, 1/3cup fiesta blend cheese, and 2 tbls of members mark fresh cilantro salsa (I hate eggs but the salsa and onions make it tasty). For lunch I’m eating between 5-7oz of tilapia and plain white rice (no sauces). Dinner has changed every night but remained mostly healthy... little bit of cheese here and there tho lol. Every day I have hit the gym hard, a few days I could barely move when I left! But after each session I’m having a protein shake (2oz 2% milk, 6-8oz water, 1 scoop syntha6 banana protein). I had my first milestone yesterday. I did a mile in 11:46 which is the fastest I’ve ever done, so I’m incredibly proud of that. The scale showed 250.2 in my boxers thismorning so I have definitely lost weight as the other day it was 257ish (had gym shorts on). I’m excited for the 240s and I’m hoping to be there by next Monday (maybe Even mid 40s). Not sure if I’m losing weight too fast, but I’m keeping my fats and my carbs lower but my protein really high. I feel better than I have in a long time and when I’m at the gym I feel unstoppable. Friday I’ll go pick up some bcaas and some preworkout I think. Sorry for the long post.. I’m just super stoked, this is awesome! And I’ve discovered that my gym isn’t as bad as I thought, as I can move the benches around and do so many different things. I still get hungry and have urges to overeat, but I’ve just made it a mindset and suppressed it. If your on the same journey as me, or want to start. Go for it, you can do it!

scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000) scrossmaggard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keep it up!

Keep it up!
    thanks! I’m doing my best, excited for this journey

What’s up guys! Not much scale movement. Hovering around the low 250s, which is fine because I’m strength training as well as cutting fat. My reps have gone up from 10 to 12 and I’ve even added a 3rd set to some exercises. I’m starting to notice small changes like my pants being a bit looser or shirts hugging a bit less. Today was the first day using a preworkout and I pretty much went beast mode on my chest! Still sticking to diet. Protein farts all day, let’s GO!

Okay guys, so Saturday night I left to go on a mini vacation with my fiancé, sister, her husband, and their baby. Stayed over night in a hotel. Saturday night dinner wasn’t even remotely healthy, Sunday breakfast was alright, lunch and dinner was pizza. So basically 3 full cheat meals in 24 hours. Feel bad about it but it’s whatever. I’m ready to hit the gym and the diet hard again this week. Supplements arriving today. Got creatine, pre workout, and a replacement for my test booster. You know... after a week of super healthy food, those 3 cheat meals didn’t even taste good. Would’ve rather had some rice and chicken or some fish!

Okay guys! Back on the wagon after the vacation. Yesterday’s meals = healthy x3! Hit the gym and did chest. Killed it, preworkout is nice, only took one scoop tho and it didn’t kick as hard as I’d have liked so I may take the recommended 2 scoops. Scale showed 251 thismorning, however I haven’t gone to the restroom since Saturday... so I’m hoping I can make that happen today, run my ass off and work legs super hard today, and make it under 250 by tomorrow! Gonna skip my cliff bar snacks as breakfast today was a few more calories than usual (didn’t feel like cooking so I made a shake) 240s here I come, and I’m kicking your ass. Let’s freaking go!

Been 3 days! I’m slacking on my updates! Been sticking with it tho! Yesterday I broke into the 240s, and today I’m still there at 249.6 lbs! I’ve bumped up my cardio to 5mph for 10 minutes, then lift, then walk 3.5mph for 5 minutes. I’ve incorporated creatine into my post workout protein shake. I’ve upped sit-ups post workout from 3 sets 12 to 1 set 50. I’m starting to see some results, and I love it. I want more!

Dudes. I need to stay focused and dedicated. I’ve still been eating healthy, just not as healthy, Friday is sushi night so I always consume a bit too much cuz it’s my favorite food. But I also skipped legs yesterday, NOOOOOO I knowwww!!!! But it’s a new day, I’m gonna smack it in the face, gonna do some intermittent fasting Sunday and Monday and hit the cardio harder. I jumped up to 252 today from 249 the last two days for some reason, but I expect some fluctuation. I’ve notice the weight hasn’t been just falling off like it was so I need to stay real consistent and try to push a little harder. What interests me is I’m definitely smaller in some areas, even tho my weight is kind of maintaining. Could it just be muscle gain is matching the fat loss??

So, scale isn’t really moving, I’m consistently back in the low 250s. I had taken 3 days off from the gym to allow myself to fully recover as I was having a difficult time staying motivated. I hit the gym hard today in a fasted state, knocked out 10 minutes of jogging 5mph and another 25 minutes of walking 3.5mph with some incline. Had my best chest day ever. I upped my bench weight to 60 from 50 (don’t judge me), I also completed my standing curls and hammer curls, but didn’t feel anything hardly so I upped the weight to 15 from 10 and did an extra 3 sets. I need to up my weight for my chest flys as well. Coming up on February which is when I’ll get my legit gym membership. Still around, haven’t failed and I won’t fail. I’m still seeing positive results.

Stay consistent and don’t weigh for a while. See how that goes.

Stay consistent and don’t weigh for a while. See how that goes.
    yeah I’m running into time constraints. But making it work best I can, the diet is really playing into it I think. I can still diet even if I can’t make it to the gym that day, that being said I’m still going minimum 4-5 times a week, and I’m really enjoying it. I can’t wait until I have an actual gym to use. We are also buying a dumbbell set for home use since the ones downstairs are incredibly limited. So that’ll be good because I can still work out some without spending time away from the wife

So this may be small and stupid for most of you. But I just did 5 push-ups just
    To see if I could. A month ago I couldn’t do one with decent from, due to both a shoulder injury a few years ago but also due to lack of muscle. I think I could’ve knocked out 10 if I really tried. This is day 3 intermittent fasting, worked really late yesterday so didn’t have time for legs (however I walk a lot of steps so it wasn’t a lost cause). I didn’t eat very much yesterday. Only 1200 calories and I feel fine. Good protein count just real low fat sugar and moderate carbs. So far so good. Can’t wait to see where this takes me.

Hello anyone who may be following this thread. Still here, still winning scale broke into the 240s again yesterday at 249. Came down to 248 today. I know I should only weigh once a week but it’s become part of my routine in the morning. I guess at this point I don’t really care what I weigh because the difference in my physique has already been substantial. That being said I would definitely like to keep losing fat and becoming leaner. I think the intermittent fasting has been helpful, however it’s proving hard to hit those protein goals.

It’s been like a week since I updated! Sorry guys! Got my gym membership! Been working hard at the exercise and the diet. I’m down consistently in the 240s now, sometimes even hitting 246! I’m thinking about starting an instagram to log pictures and stuff of my journey from time to time. Anyways, thanks for checking in. I’ll have some numbers on Monday to share with u guys. Did a lot of measuring this last Monday so, we will see if there’s any change!

Wish I never stopped. 271 thismorning. I’m giving myself a month to hit 250. We’ll see how it goes.

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    20 lbs in a month is a challenge, you will have to run such a calorie deficit you may end up putting the weight back on. anyways just wanted to wish you well - it sucks when you come of the wagon but if you keep trying you will get whatever balance you need to be sustainable in the end.

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sdriz View Post
    Wish I never stopped. 271 this morning. I’m giving myself a month to hit 250. We’ll see how it goes.
    How are you tracking calories? Do you know your daily/weekly maintenance numbers? Be careful not to go too fast... More often than not, rapid losses are followed by hellish rebounds. Slow and steady wins the race in my view. The slower the better...
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    20 lbs in a month is a challenge, you will have to run such a calorie deficit you may end up putting the weight back on. anyways just wanted to wish you well - it sucks when you come of the wagon but if you keep trying you will get whatever balance you need to be sustainable in the end.
    Thanks, yeah it’s a tough goal but I’m eating a deficit and running. I have done some pretty impressive stuff before but if I don’t hit 250 in a month I’ll be fine. Just wanna get as much weight off as possible before an event.

Originally Posted by 1stCoachJoe View Post
    How are you tracking calories? Do you know your daily/weekly maintenance numbers? Be careful not to go too fast... More often than not, rapid losses are followed by hellish rebounds. Slow and steady wins the race in my view. The slower the better...
    I’m not really tracking calories. Just limiting portions and eating healthier foods. Salads / fruit instead of pizza for lunch. Tonight my wife is making this Stromboli stuff so instead of 1/4 loaf like usual I’ll get 1/8 and have some green beans on the side. Just stuff like that.

Staying motivated. Keeping myself accountable for my actions and what I eat. Gym feels good to go to. Started tracking calories, keeping them pretty low. Workout was a little difficult yesterday but I’m still having beginner pains from having been so long since working out.

266.6 thismorning. Gym time here in a few. Keeping it simple and staying motivated

Seem to be maintaining mid 260s despite daily gym sessions. Just gonna keep it simple and keep doing what I’m doing. May toss in a bit of extra cardio.