anugrah1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need to know if program suits goals :)

Hi,

I'm trying to cut from 29% BF @205 lbs at 179cm tall, am ingesting roughly 18-1900 clean cals and getting min 500 cals from proteins daily. My workout is the A/B alternate type, heavily based on SS. Off days I walk at least 10k steps:

Sample Workout:

Workout A:
    Squat: Bar 2x5
    95 1X5
    115 1X5
    145 1X3
    175 1X1
    185 3X5 ( Work sets)
    OHP: Bar 2X5
    55 1X3
    65 1X1
    75 3X5 ( work sets)
    Deadlift: 135 1X5
    165 1X5
    185 1X3
    205 1X1
    230 1X5 (1 work set)

Workout B:

Squat ( similar to A)

Incline BP: Bar 2X5
    65 1X5
    85 1X3
    105 1X1
    115 3X5 ( work sets)

Deadlifts ( similar to A)

Assistance only on workout B:
    Chinups: 60 1x8
    80 1X8
    100 1X5
    120 1x3
    140 2X8 ( worksets)

TLDR: Workout A : Squat & OHP 3X5, Deads 1X5
    Workout B: Squat & IBP 3X5, Deads 1X5, Chinups 2x8

In about 14 weeks my lifts have gone up thus:

Squats: 65 to 195
    Deads: 95 to 230
    OHPresses: 45 to 75
    IBPs: 65 to 115

Weight has gone down from 205lbs to 192 lbs, but with strength increase and moderate but visible size and definition gains in upper and lower body.

After steadily progressing in weights every workout for 10-12 weeks, I've been stalling and deloading and gaining like 5 lbs say every 3-4 workouts for squats and deadlifts and OHP has stalled completely, IBP is slightly better but very slow.

My question is, I know that since I'm cutting strength and mass gains are not expected but can I adjust the frequency/intensity/warm up sets of any workout or add any modifications like accessory movements to this or should I keep going like this until I get to about 10-12%? I'm losing fat @ about 1.5-2lbs every week.

Is there some other workout available here ( All pro?) Which would be better suited for my goals as of now?

Thanks so much in advance

Anugrah
    Last edited by anugrah1987; 04-21-2018 at 01:29 PM.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by anugrah1987 View Post
    After steadily progressing in weights every workout for 10-12 weeks, I've been stalling and deloading and gaining like 5 lbs say every 3-4 workouts for squats and deadlifts and OHP has stalled completely, IBP is slightly better but very slow.

My question is, I know that since I'm cutting strength and mass gains are not expected but can I adjust the frequency/intensity/warm up sets of any workout or add any modifications like accessory movements to this or should I keep going like this until I get to about 10-12%? I'm losing fat @ about 1.5-2lbs every week.

Is there some other workout available here ( All pro?) Which would be better suited for my goals as of now?

Thanks so much in advance

Anugrah
    You should be triggering a deload every 4-6 weeks and averaging a 2.5-5% increase to your calcuated 1RM each deload. On a bulk those numbers would be doubled and you would be gaining 25% every 60-90 days, and triggering a deload every 60-90 days.

So it sounds like you are on point, but do not like the post 90 day "the honeymoon is over" phase of SS. You are meant to be failing every month or 2, that is how the pattern works.

You didnt put in your height, but assume you will only have a bmi of 24-25 at 12% unless you are gods gift to lifting.

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey there,

your plan will put on muscle, as will SS, but they both ignore posture and joint health....

Generally don't advise switching programs to people that are already on half-decent ones, but I think it would be beneficial to move over to Fierce 5 Novice Routine (deadlift variant). It was made specifically in response to programs like SS that ignore several key movements for a more balanced physique and posture / joint health.
    Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!
    https://tinyurl.com/fluidzF5

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post

So it sounds like you are on point, but do not like the post 90 day "the honeymoon is over" phase of SS. You are meant to be failing every month or 2, that is how the pattern works.

You didnt put in your height, but assume you will only have a bmi of 24-25 at 12% unless you are gods gift to lifting.
    I suppose you're right, I'll get used to the failure and deloading soon By the way I'm 179cm, could you explain your last sentence?

Originally Posted by fluidZ View Post
    Hey there,

your plan will put on muscle, as will SS, but they both ignore posture and joint health....

Generally don't advise switching programs to people that are already on half-decent ones, but I think it would be beneficial to move over to Fierce 5 Novice Routine(deadlift variant). It was made specifically in response to programs like SS that ignore several key movements for a more balanced physique and posture / joint health.
    Hey,
    Thanks so much for the response Do you think it's better to switch to fierce 5 or something less speedily progressive like all pros, considering I'm cutting?
    Last edited by anugrah1987; 04-22-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What you've done already is a great start, but I would worry that the pull ups aren't enough to balance the pushing away from chest of the bench (should have some row), for it to be good long term.

Fierce5 is a great all-around program, AllPro too.

To be honest both are very good, and the bigger factor by far will be how consistently and hard you run them long term rather than which one of the two you picked. So don't over think this... just pick the one of those two you like the look of the most and concentrate on consistency and long term hard work.

Good luck, enjoy

Edit: Good gains for 14 weeks, you should be proud of that
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 04-22-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    What you've done already is a great start, but I would worry that the pull ups aren't enough to balance the pushing away from chest of the bench (should have some row), for it to be good long term.

Fierce5 is a great all-around program, AllPro too.

To be honest both are very good, and the bigger factor by far will be how consistently and hard you run them long term rather than which one of the two you picked. So don't over think this... just pick the one of those two you like the look of the most and concentrate on consistency and long term hard work.

Good luck, enjoy

Edit: Good gains for 14 weeks, you should be proud of that
    Thanks, this is great to hear I'll definitely check both of them out and then stick to one consistently! Shall post pictures and tag you guys soon