SkinnyFart is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arms Bulked vs Small Chest and Back

Hi need help,

Every time I workout and the results I am getting I notice my arms get more bulked than my chest shoulders and back.

I am really looking to get a wide upper body as my chest and shoulders are very narrow and weak.

I do basic free weights and the machines but again everytime I finish my work out my arms get bigger but it's looking hard to notice any improvement in the back / chest / shoulders.

Any tips?

Begginer, only for 4 months in the gym

philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is this a serious question?
    If you want to develop your chest/back/shoulder, do compound exercises which focus on your chest/back/shoulders etc. There is a whole datavse of exercises available on here, and you can even filter them by body part.

Work your traps and deltoids to get the boulder shoulders.
    Work your lats for those bat wings.
    Work your chest, for a good solid pair of chesticles.

More importantly however is your nutrition and diet. If you want the muscles to grow, then you need to be eating a slight calorie surplus (approx 200 cal a day will keep your fat gain to a minimum).
    If you are eating in a deficit, then all your body will be able to do is lose fat. It won't have the required input to build muscle. Therefore, depending on how underdeveloped these body parts are in the first place, you will not see any noticable size gains, and it's likely that what little lean muscle mass you already have is centralised in your arms, making them look "bigger", when really all is happening is they are getting leaner, therefore you are stripping the fat back to expose the muscle that is there - and also expose the lack of muscle in the surrounding areas.

In the most basic sense, choose:
    Eat in (slight) surplus, lift heavy, grow muscles.
    Eat in (slight) deficit, lift heavy, lose fat.

Thanks a lot!

The question is that when I workout exercises specified for shoulders and back, it feels I am working my arms more rather than those areas. As we always have to use the arms in the end of my workout arms look buffed, back shoulders and chest not so much. But I will look into your recommendations.

Thanks

wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like you're talking about the pump. Having a pump has nothing to do with progress or effectiveness of your workout.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172508601
    PR’s per January 2018
    Hibar squat: 160kg
    Paused bench: 115kg
    Deadlift: 185kg
    OHP: 77,5kg

FMH Crew, Euro Degenerate in SEA

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wowter View Post
    Sounds like you're talking about the pump. Having a pump has nothing to do with progress or effectiveness of your workout.
    ^ This.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Makes sense!!

Perfect, lets see how I will progress..

Thanks