blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500)

Question The correct Nutrition at the correct time? [Reps for help] [Thanks]

I'm a newbie to the whole gym scene 3 months in and wanted to get an answer for something that's been bothering me about my dietplan currently this is what i do

9am - Breakfast (Oats or egg's)
    12am - Red meat with either rice or potatoes
    3pm - white meat with either rice of potatoes
    6pm - Eat Tuna with sweetcorn
    7pm - gym
    8pm-8:30pm depending on how long the gym session takes - Protein shake
    11pm - Pasta, Cottage cheese with toast

Then hit the sack at 12 for 9 hours sleep obviously if i wake up at 8 i start from 8 till 11 basically eat every 3 hours

What im wondering is does the 3 hour gap between meals matter? or do i just have to hit my daily macros no matter when i eat? because its a burden sometimes forcing myself to eat especially mornings. My main concern is not knowing when and what to eat before going to gym? am i better of eating or just having a pre-workout shake and then eating after? if anyone can help me ill appreciate it

- Cliffs

-Diet plan above
    -Wondering if its any good
    -Is there a specific time your ment to eat
    -Whats the best time to eat before hitting the gym
    -Also does it make a difference in these times based on bulking or cutting

Im bulking btw

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Meal frequency and timing are irrelevant. You listed 6 meals, but cramming that into 2-3 meals would have no impact on the outcome of your bulk. Don't like breakfast? Don't eat it.

To answer your questions:

- I think your diet is boring. You need more variety in your diet. There's no such thing as specific foods that cause you to gain or lose fat. Read the stickies. At the end of the day, what matters is hitting your targeted calorie range, including your macros.

- There's no such thing as an optimal time to eat. Set your own schedule, and it does not have to be 6 meals.

- Meal timing and frequency have no impact on either goals -- bulking or cutting. It comes down to whether or not you're feeding your body more than it needs (bulk) or less (cut).

Read these threads:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500) blazevic is not very helpful. (-500)
    Thanks for the really quick reply, repped

I read through the threads and basically it makes sense to me now :P making sure i hit my macros is more important then timing

You mentioned my diet is very boring could you maybe give me some suggestions on how to change it and what 2 eat i want to try increase my vitamin intake

Thanks again

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by blazevic View Post

I read through the threads and basically it makes sense to me now :P making sure i hit my macros is more important then timing

You mentioned my diet is very boring could you maybe give me some suggestions on how to change it and what 2 eat i want to try increase my vitamin intake

Thanks again
    In my opinion, one of the worst things someone can do on the forum is prescribe an entire diet or specific types of food to eat. I think you need to think about food you enjoy eating, whether it's eggs, pop-tarts, cheese cake, ice cream, filet mignon, etc., find out their nutritional value, and work them into your daily calories and macros.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by blazevic View Post

Thanks again
    Good thread on how to liven-up your meals:
    *IIFYM: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...41&p=879533181

Vitamin and mineral intake can be aided with lots of fruit and veg as well as a wide variety of complex carb sources.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayzor84 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One thing I do notice as the above posted said was a serious lack of fruit and vegetables. These are where alot of your vitamins and minerals come from, aside from a good multi which I would highly suggest as well. The fruits/veggies also add some fiber which is always good, and a little extra water. But I can't stress the multivitamin enough, and fish oil as well.

Thanks for the replies guys im working on adding more fruits and veg to my diet

also sorry for the late reply from me ive been working all week

repped

cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your body is quite catabolic in the morning so yes breakfast is important. your eating away at your muscle mass if you dont eat with in an hour of waking up.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cyborg_seadog View Post
    Your body is quite catabolic in the morning so yes breakfast is important. your eating away at your muscle mass if you dont eat with in an hour of waking up.
    This is utterly wrong.

cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyborg_seadog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what does your body use for fuel with nothing in your stomach then?? are you a hybrid? and whats all that talk about casein before bed to avoid catabolism while you sleep?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    what does your body use for fuel with nothing in your stomach then??
    Liver glycogen stores. They'll keep you going for days.

and whats all that talk about casein before bed to avoid catabolism while you sleep?
    It's bull**** perpetrated by the companies that sell casein supplements.

You should start reading here:
    *Emma-Leigh's Nutrition for noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what does your body use for fuel with nothing in your stomach then?? are you a hybrid? and whats all that talk about casein before bed to avoid catabolism while you sleep?
    well,that talk might be supported by supplement companies,that try to sell their casein.also,especially bigger meals often need up to 72 hrs to be fully digested.So no need to fear having "nothing in your stomach",as it won´t be empty after ~8 hrs of sleeping...

bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunnydelacruz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    loooooooooool.
    i guess i have none left then?
    If you're having curl problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a bench ain't one

What I ment was your body releases a catabolic hormon in the morning after a fast. worded wrong

Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000) Hightower8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow. STRONG Broscience.

Originally Posted by Hightower8 View Post
    Wow. STRONG Broscience.
    What I ment was your body releases a catabolic hormon in the morning after a fast. worded wrong

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No it doesn't. Stop listening to supplement companies and magazines!

And let's say it did, how does your body know it's the morning?
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

Waking up is actually a stressful time on the body and in an effort to “ready itself” the body releases several catabolic hormones in order to produce energy for the fasted person. The main two hormones released are cortisol and glucogen both of which can be catabolic to muscle tissue.-Doctor Layne Norton.