eagentebuddy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help incorporating deadlifts for strength into my kettlebell/bodyweight program

Hi everyone,

I've recently starting a program for conditioning and power that looks something like this: Monday and Friday: (soft style)Kettlebell swing and push press for 6 min, then 3 circuits of beyond-the-range push ups, pull ups, and weighted sit-ups, doing each exercise close to failure. I would like to incorporate deadlifts for raw strength say on Wednesday, but I don't know how many sets and reps to do considering I would only be doing deadlifts once a week and as part of a program that is very different in terms of how it hits the body. I'm still a novice in terms of strength and athleticism and my program is basic M-W-F routine, if that helps.

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just do something simply like 5/3/1. A quick google search will give you the basics.

Registered User FirstGenFighter's Avatar
    FirstGenFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BombDonald View Post
    Just do something simply like 5/3/1. A quick google search will give you the basics.
    Definitely go with this one. Google is your friend.
    My advice to you is to try out some "intuitive lifting". Or in other words feel out your reps and sets, and see what you feel like could bring you the best results for what your goals are. Hope that helps a smidgen brotha, good luck and have fun!

Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eagentebuddy90 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've recently starting a program for conditioning and power that looks something like this: Monday and Friday: (soft style)Kettlebell swing and push press for 6 min, then 3 circuits of beyond-the-range push ups, pull ups, and weighted sit-ups, doing each exercise close to failure. I would like to incorporate deadlifts for raw strength say on Wednesday, but I don't know how many sets and reps to do considering I would only be doing deadlifts once a week and as part of a program that is very different in terms of how it hits the body. I'm still a, novice in terms of strength and athleticism and my program is basic M-W-F routine, if that helps.
    Don't you find that calisthenics(pullups, pushups, situps etc) leaves you too fatigued and affects your form when doing girevoy sport?
    Strength without endurance, is as useless as, endurance without strength

*Eternal Virgin Crew*

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deadlifts for raw strength? I thought people did deadlifts because they wanted big forearms.

Originally Posted by Pluto1998 View Post
    Don't you find that calisthenics(pullups, pushups, situps etc) leaves you too fatigued and affects your form when doing girevoy sport?
    Well I do my 6(instead of 10 so I can do more weight) minute swing and press first, and then do 3 rounds of calisthenics.

Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post
    Deadlifts for raw strength? I thought people did deadlifts because they wanted big forearms.
    Haha, yeah I hadn't really thought about the redundancy.

Thanks for the advice fellas. I'll google the 5/3/1 for sure.