Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Protein source, and timing of consumption.

I have a question regarding the source of my proteins and when they are taken pre and post workout. My problem is on an average day I hit my calorie goal (this can be slightly adjusted.) with too high of a protein intake. So my question is, right now I can consume up to about 300 grams of protein a day. (typically 250-280.) Which is simply too much, and has been harsh on my digestive system.

Right now I take 75 grams of supplemented protein, divided accordingly between pre and post workout. In order to cut out some added protein would it be more beneficial to take out the supplemented pre/post workout protein, and adjust the timing of the protein I am already consuming throughout the day. Or should I cut back on food source protein and continue taking protein pre/post. Also if I cut out supplemented protein (currently 25g pre and 50g post, its Dymatize Iso-100 so it's a pretty high quality and fast digesting source), with what and when before and after workout should I consume a real food source?

I think it's a matter of quality of protein and timing of consumption... As I would have no issue eating the proper amounts of proteins through my diet choices. In case anyone is curious, my daily protein sources are mainly from ground turkey, liquid egg whites, and salmon. All three are the normal daily foods. I actually drink the egg whites so maybe this could be used as a pre/post?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and let me know if you need more information if this isn't sufficient.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's a solution: consume ~200 grams of protein per day. Eat when you're hungry and consume protein rich food that you enjoy, like fatty cuts of ribeye steak, salmon, whole eggs, full-fat dairy products, etc.

Drop all the silly supplements, silly timing of intake and the other nonsense.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You are getting no special benefit from that much protein. Depending on your training, you need no more than 180-200 grams of protein a day.

Don't drink raw egg whites period!

Pre and post workout protein is secondary to making certain you get an adequate amount of all macro nutrients a day.

Start reading here as soon as possible and forget everything you have read in muscle magazines.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Verint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mylambo90 View Post
    I actually drink the egg whites

I would cut back on the supplements, I just like eating my calories instead of drinking them. And when you drink your protein shake does not matter, you don't NEED a post workout shake or a pre workout shake.

Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mylambo90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    You are getting no special benefit from that much protein. Depending on your training, you need no more than 180-200 grams of protein a day.

Don't drink raw egg whites period!

Pre and post workout protein is secondary to making certain you get an adequate amount of all macro nutrients a day.

Start reading here as soon as possible and forget everything you have read in muscle magazines.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    Just out of curiosity... What is your reasoning for not drinking egg whites?? Is there a health reason other than bacteria purposes, or simply not a good source of protein. Just some added info, these whites are heated to kill bacteria so they are safe on that aspect.

By no means am I trying to disagree, I'm just curious of the reasoning so I can change accordingly

itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Here's a solution: consume ~200 grams of protein per day. Eat when you're hungry and consume protein rich food that you enjoy, like fatty cuts of ribeye steak, salmon, whole eggs, full-fat dairy products, etc.

Drop all the silly supplements, silly timing of intake and the other nonsense.
    This. You're wayyy over thinking it...

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just out of curiosity... What is your reasoning for not drinking egg whites?? Is there a health reason other than bacteria purposes, or simply not a good source of protein. Just some added info, these whites are heated to kill bacteria so they are safe on that aspect.

By no means am I trying to disagree, I'm just curious of the reasoning so I can change accordingly
    Mostly bacteria, and I guess low bioavailabity, but mostly just cause it sucks and is disgusting/can make you sick.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Of course pasteurized is better, but there is enough evidence for me, that suggests the bioavailability of the protein is greatly reduced raw versus cooked eggs. Also there is evidence that the same is true for biotin. For some this is controversial, but I see no logical reason to eat raw eggs.

Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Of course pasteurized is better, but there is enough evidence for me, that suggests the bioavailability of the protein is greatly reduced raw versus cooked eggs. Also there is evidence that the same is true for biotin. For some this is controversial, but I see no logical reason to eat raw eggs.
    For me its a matter of convenience, really no science behind it... If I can grind up some oats, add a little of this, and a little of that... And have a total breakfast in a matter of 60 seconds between mixing and drinking. It simply fits my lifestyle.

The whole issue of biotin, I haven't experienced anything negative (that I know of) or simply at my age I may not know the difference as I've never had my test levels tested... This is where the issue of biotin would come into effect I believe??

Either way, I have a lot of work to do with my diet... So I greatly appreciate the tips, and points of interest.