Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brian looking absolutely nuts! 4 more weeks is going to do crazy things to your physique!
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    Looking really good man, great for 4 weeks out im 2 days out your making me feel terrible right now
    Best of luck with rest of the prep!
    Ahh, dont sell yourself short dude, you look money! So how did the show go?

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    datass.jpg
    Glutes before lower abs......atypical is how I roll!

Originally Posted by chuntbaby View Post
    holy sh!t you look great for a natural competitor - hell you look great if you weren`t haha
    good job man
    Haha thanks dude! I wake up each morning flat as a pancake looking like a 13 year old noob.

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Brian looking absolutely nuts! 4 more weeks is going to do crazy things to your physique!
    Thanks Matt! Tryin to get Jansen'd lean

31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 31FleuRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Had a the first full good night's sleep in awhile last night, and my training today certainly reflected it. Felt very strong today. Lately I think I have inadvertently underestimated the importance of good sleep on my performance in the gym. Easy to point out the low calories, and being drastically below your setpoint as reasons for lethargy. Obviously there are a number of contributing factors, but at this stage I gotta remind myself to rest hard too, espec this close to the show.

WILL hit the 170s this week. Body has been fightin back a bit harder than previous weeks, but glad Berto has my back in situations like this so I can just focus on executing a gameplan and not make impulsive over aggresive decisions.

One more thing!

This last week I got word that I am officially a published author! I recently received my MS in Health and Exercise science from Colorado State University, where I researched in a lab interested in the whole body protein wasting process associated with aging. My thesis dealt with the timing of nutrient intake around aerobic exercise in older individuals, with nitrogen balance as an outcome measure. What set our research apart was that we had hypocaloric, eucaloric, and hypercaloric cohorts thus controlling for energy balance. We used NBAL since it represents WHOLE BODY protein balance, but I'll be the first to point out that it does NOT provide inferences directly into skeletal muscle protein metabolism, or the direct roles of synthetic of degradation processes. Having said that, whole body protein wasting (negative protein balance) is an issue in the aging population which is what we are interested in. Our manuscript got accepted and was just published online. I cant post a link yet but I here is the citation for those interested:

Energy Balance Changes the Anabolic Effect of Postexercise Feeding in Older Individuals
    Brian D. Minor; Daniel E. Heusinger; Edward L. Melanson; Karyn L. Hamilton; Benjamin F. Miller
    The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences 2012; doi: 10.1093/gerona/gls080

Mission Accomplished!:)

First, I seriously have not been up to snuff on updating this log! Will do my best from here on.

So, went to Boise this past weekend and competed in the NGA Northwest Natural Atlas, and wound up winning my class and the overall earning my pro card in the NGA! It is going to be a permanent memeory etched in my brain forever. All the training, cardio, and dieting for 27 weeks leading up to this was all SO worth it Saturday night.

I had competed once before but honestly was not in a position conditoning wise the first time around to notice much of a difference with my first ever "peak week". This time was different. I woke up Saturday and felt I looked good at prejudging but really flattened out mid afternoon. I noticed I was peeing constantly (like every 5 minutes), so although Berto didnt mess with my water, I wasnt replacing at the rate I needed. I had a REALLY bad headache and at one point felt like I may vomit. Sent some pics to Berto who had me add a lot of water back in and boy, 30 min later it was night and day. I wound up looking better at night than at prejudging. Very very full. Just goes to show the hr to hr fluctuations that can occur on show day, especially with anxiousness and nerves contributing to my output Gave us some knowledge of what to expect moving forward. Which brings me to my next point...

I'm making my pro debut this Saturday at the NGA Mountain States in Ogden, UT. The pressure is really off me at this point, so I am realy looking forward to seeing how I fare at the pro level. I certainly wont be the biggest guy, but I'm hoping my conditioning and symmetry can work to my advantage. Either way, its gonna be FUN. I am waiting for stage pics from the show but I attached a couple from the morning before prejudging. Will update soon! Promise.
    Attached Images

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy $hit. Thick, tight, juicy, everywhere! lol

Congrats on the PC! Kick ass this wknd buddy!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pics look awesome man, glad to hear you guys were able to make some changes to bring you in that much better. My water wasnt played with much either but like you I started to flatten and feel bad and berto added in some water between pre j and the finals and I was pretty sharp that and some extra chocolate goobers haha. Have fun this weekend man your leading the way and fulfilling a dream of much of us young guys being a pro!
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Holy $hit. Thick, tight, juicy, everywhere! lol

Congrats on the PC! Kick ass this wknd buddy!
    Haha thanks JP. Will do my best this weekend. Really looking forward to it. And great job at your show dude. Are you still going or you done for the season?

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Pics look awesome man, glad to hear you guys were able to make some changes to bring you in that much better. My water wasnt played with much either but like you I started to flatten and feel bad and berto added in some water between pre j and the finals and I was pretty sharp that and some extra chocolate goobers haha. Have fun this weekend man your leading the way and fulfilling a dream of much of us young guys being a pro!
    Thanks for the compliments Matt. With your work ethic and potential you WILL be one of many future pros coming out of 3DMJ. Gonna soak it in this weekend.

Ya, I think its the nervous energy of waiting around backstage. I remember the same thing happened my first show. I would literally walk out of the bathroom and want to walk right back in. Water was high, but definitely keeping water higher this weekend to account for that. Pumping up at night show I was pretty stoked we managed to turn it around into what we did in such a short period of time.

Ya know, Berto had told me to have Goobers on hand and Albertson's there didnt carry it. I had thought it was just jelly and pb in one, but your chocolate comment just threw me for a loop! On a mission now Berto said I was to free to have 1 free meal post show to celebrate and like a lot of us guys, it felt a bit akward. Everywhere was closed so my girlfriend and I ordered some artisan pizzas from Dominoes. With pizza you know that you have to set a stopping point aside in advance lol. Ate 5 SMALL thin crust slices and a couple pieces of cheesy bread, felt content, and went to bed. Woke up to a new low by full lb 2 days later. Nice little boost there Fine line between helping out and setting yourself back with that post show meal. Glad we nailed that one.

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 31FleuRoy View Post
    Haha thanks JP. Will do my best this weekend. Really looking forward to it. And great job at your show dude. Are you still going or you done for the season?
    Thanks man, appreciate it!

My season is done, time to growwwww! Cup cakes and deadlifts brah

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pics are awesome, Brian! Looked razor sharp. Good luck in your first pro outing!!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sick pics man thats great conditioning and size congrats on the pro card and best of luck in the this weekend!
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Pics are awesome, Brian! Looked razor sharp. Good luck in your first pro outing!!
    Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    Sick pics man thats great conditioning and size congrats on the pro card and best of luck in the this weekend!
    Thanks a lot fellas! Hopefully come in a bit tighter still this weekend. Have too!

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Thanks man, appreciate it!

My season is done, time to growwwww! Cup cakes and deadlifts brah
    You compete in powerlifting yet? Really helps attenuate that urge to compete every year when you have a performance goal in the offseason. Really enjoyed lifting like a performance athlete this last offseason and prep and not aimlessly chasing a pump. Im sure your offseason will be productive!

jlburch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats man! Your hard work shows! Maybe La Fav will throw in those sponsorship posing trunks we talked about now And thanks for not being an ******* during your prep....it's been nice to still have a friend and to be able to have someone to come to for advice who didn't just tell me to pound sand. I'm proud of ya man...you really did prove that a smart plan doesn't have to mean tilapia and brown rice. It's nice to see that dogma going to the wayside. And for anyone else out there reading this, I've seen this man since before his prep and all throughout his prep and as unconventional as his methods may have sounded, it was legit and the results speak for themselves. Now that you're a professional bodybuilder, I guess I'm just gonna have to try my luck next to you on the powerlifting floor rather than the bodybuilding stage. August it is!!! Congrats man!

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Congratulations on getting your card!
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just got off the phone with Minor! I have a feeling he will do okay tomorrow
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Update from pro debut May 5th

Have been waiting to post in here as I am still waiting on pictures from the show(s), but I figured I would at least update for the time being. Well, first pro show went better than I could have EVER expected! Went in with no expectations at all and ended up placing second out of nine at the NGA Mountain States in Ogden, UT on May 5th Had a blast and met A LOT of good people. Came in a good bit fuller than the week before, and really enjoyed my time up there.

Next up for me is the NPC Mile High Natural in Denver on June 2nd. Will be competing as a middleweight so have been wringing out another lb or 2 before then. This is the same show I did in 2010 so I'm anxious to see how I stack up this time around. After this show I will take a bit of a diet break to rehab the metabolism, enjoy some time with family and friends, and then decide what my plans are after that. Have been advised by some judges to go for some of the late year NGA shows, but I also know the stage will always be there. One thing is for sure, I wont compete unless I know I will be better from a size and/or conditioning standpoint. With that short time frame it would have to be moreso conditioning, and in that case it may be best to wait and take at least a year off. So if I go that route I'm thinking 2014 or 2015. I have that competitive itch now but also want to play it smart and make improvements show to show.

Either way, this season has been a huge success and I couldnt be any happier!

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Just got off the phone with Minor! I have a feeling he will do okay tomorrow
    Ha! What a weekend!

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Congratulations on getting your card!
    Thanks dude! Anxious to see you employ some dominance on the platform these next couple years.

Originally Posted by jlburch View Post
    Congrats man! Your hard work shows! Maybe La Fav will throw in those sponsorship posing trunks we talked about now And thanks for not being an ******* during your prep....it's been nice to still have a friend and to be able to have someone to come to for advice who didn't just tell me to pound sand. I'm proud of ya man...you really did prove that a smart plan doesn't have to mean tilapia and brown rice. It's nice to see that dogma going to the wayside. And for anyone else out there reading this, I've seen this man since before his prep and all throughout his prep and as unconventional as his methods may have sounded, it was legit and the results speak for themselves. Now that you're a professional bodybuilder, I guess I'm just gonna have to try my luck next to you on the powerlifting floor rather than the bodybuilding stage. August it is!!! Congrats man!
    Thanks J. If 2014 is the next year I compete I expect to be eating the top secret tortilla chips together haha. Before then, you have raw elite to achieve!

One from Boise PQ. Will post A LOT more when I get the photo CDs Otherwise just have a bunch of low res cell phone shots.
    Attached Images

Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah brah, for certain, saw your contest pic in the 3DMJ page...congrats and well done, GREAT WORK!!!
    Prepping for Summer 2013 w/Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting

"You Either Build or Destroy"-Jay Electronica

Originally Posted by Crazyups View Post
    yeah brah, for certain, saw your contest pic in the 3DMJ page...congrats and well done, GREAT WORK!!!
    Thank you! Was actually just reading in your log dude. You are gonna be a FREAK by the end of it all. Good luck!

Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks brah, here's hoping that my backside gets dialed in like yours, lol....only bad thing about bein 6'5" NO.ASS.AT.ALL, lol
    Prepping for Summer 2013 w/Ahlstrom Fitness Consulting

"You Either Build or Destroy"-Jay Electronica

Straight up FILTHY! Great job brah! What an amazing season!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★