Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Over training signs???

Guys I have been training now for 5 straight months on nearly daily basis and I am loving it, but lately I have been feeling these wired pains in my rest bones and shoulders while lifting. So, I asked my trainer and he told these are signs of over training and advised me to take 2 weeks off, but am really not convinced and I am afraid if I took his advices to lose my gains, that came after lot of hard work. So, I need your though is this really signs of over training and if yes should I take time off or what should I do? Thanks

RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    take the time of 5 months straight is a good period and a break would do u really good ,u will prob come back more focused and energized as ever, take the advice from your coach Good Luck!

ps you wont lose gains in that short time of just keep your nutrition up .

MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTG88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RussAnderson View Post
    take the time of 5 months straight is a good period and a break would do u really good ,u will prob come back more focused and energized as ever, take the advice from your coach Good Luck!

ps you wont lose gains in that short time of just keep your nutrition up .
    Thanks Russ

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anything that you lose will be picked back up in a week.

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Describe the pain. Where is it exactly coming from?
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sulo-Eno has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MTG88 View Post
    Guys I have been training now for 5 straight months on nearly daily basis and I am loving it, but lately I have been feeling these wired pains in my rest bones and shoulders while lifting. So, I asked my trainer and he told these are signs of over training and advised me to take 2 weeks off, but am really not convinced and I am afraid if I took his advices to lose my gains, that came after lot of hard work. So, I need your though is this really signs of over training and if yes should I take time off or what should I do? Thanks
    2 weeks off...you will lose little if anything at all. You might consider workout out a decent split so that you're not at the gym everyday...that's only my opinion, but I have overtrained in the past and it's easy to pick up small injuries that stay with you (from overtraining).
    Good luck.
    Sulo

RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ps u may also consider a day on and day of rotation to let the body recover and repair itself ,u prob would make better gains that way and still stay hungry for the gym.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah. I would take it as my body is trying to tell me that it needs rest. I would take the time off and get some Super Cissus RX.

I've trained using 3-4 day splits, 6-7 days straight, as well as low volume 2 a days. Even so, when I start to get ligament/joint pains I listen to them. Think about it....If you train through the pain will your workouts be the same quality? Maybe so, but probably not....
    Let your body recover dude, you only get 1. And like the others above said the gains aren't gonna go away in a week. You might be a little rusty the first day you restart, but once you get back in the rhythm, it's nothing and you may very well be stronger from letting your body recover. After 5 months, it deserves it.

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You will know when you are overtrained.

You will feel like you're in a hole that you're never going to get out of. You will hate yourself and your life.

Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Francostheman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are weight training intensely odds are you are overtraining on that schedule. I'm guessing you're also doing cardio work? Also, if you have been training intensely then two weeks off will only do you good.

Originally Posted by jammyo40 View Post
    Describe the pain. Where is it exactly coming from?
    well Jammy while doing my biceps curl I feel this pain in my rest bone from the elbow tell the hands and I feel it toward the end of my reps and right after I finish. for my shoulders i feel it, while upper chest training.

Originally Posted by Francostheman View Post
    If you are weight training intensely odds are you are overtraining on that schedule. I'm guessing you're also doing cardio work? Also, if you have been training intensely then two weeks off will only do you good.
    man i train cardio in the morining and weights at night.

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    More detail about your shoulder pain. It could be an issue with just your form or RC and not general overtraining.
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

Well, Jammy I started to feel this pain in my shoulder in my right shoulder on an off day and the next day I felt the same thing in my other shoulder. so, i used i deep heat spray to ease the pain. while training i usually feel it while am doing a negative rep for ex: flat chest (back of my shoulder) or upper chest (the upper front). the pain is like semi circle line on the top my shoulders.

boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) boroboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by avodo View Post
    You will know when you are overtrained.

You will feel like you're in a hole that you're never going to get out of. You will hate yourself and your life.
    This

you are overtraining when you feel mentally unprepared for a workout. Like when you think "oh no, i really don't want to train today. I'm getting sick of it". I personally think overtraining is a central nervous system thing more than a muscular thing. More nerve fatigue if anything.

take the week off though, to rest the joints and ligaments.

people who say "ooohhhh don't train 6 days a week, thats overtraining!" grate on me. If you feel physically and mentally prepared to do it, then by all means go for it.

signs to me of overtraining:

- going to a workout and thinking "lets just get this over with"
    - feeling **** as soon as you wake up, knowing you must work out later on.
    - Feeling sore all the time.
    - Constant bad moods and negative outlook on life.

i have been in a state of overtraining a couple of times. It's not a pleasant feeling.

unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    overtraining is not real. it is an excuse lazy people make to get out of training. people undertrain more then overtrain.
    ((((((((((())))))))))))

gandzubas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by boroboy View Post

I feel very tired past 7 days. On monday I went to the gym and when I started to run on treadmill I already knew that this workout is going to be crap. I was already tired after first set. Then I just finished another 2 sets without any fulfilment. I'm training only 2 months but now I have all these signs. Should I take 5 days off?

man I guess your partially right overtraining is psychological as well as physical..

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aches and pains are very normal when training hard and definitely are not indicative of over training.

Like someone mentioned above, you will KNOW when you are over training.

MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by unicornsRreal View Post
    overtraining is not real. it is an excuse lazy people make to get out of training. people undertrain more then overtrain.
    very wrong. you can easily overtrain. but why to overtrain?? and how do you describe the lazy people?

Jax81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't take two weeks off, I would try something totally different a couple of times a week for maitenance. Crossfit, Suspension Training?
    I recently started taking glucosamine and calcium supplements, and I really feel much better and recover faster.

unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MarkH86 View Post
    very wrong. you can easily overtrain. but why to overtrain?? and how do you describe the lazy people?
    no you cant. very few ever come close. only a few elites in the world ever do. average people who post in here need to work much harder not less. fear of overtraining is the road to bad habits.
    ((((((((((())))))))))))

MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100) MarkH86 is not very well liked. (-100)
    no you cant. very few ever come close. only a few elites in the world ever do. average people who post in here need to work much harder not less. fear of overtraining is the road to bad habits.
    its easy to overtrain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if you do all the machines in the gym- its overtraining.
    if you do 4 exercises for abs, each ex. 3 sets- its overtraining.
    if you do bench and then dips and then military press for 3 sets each until failure- is it overtraining?

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by boroboy View Post
    This

you are overtraining when you feel mentally unprepared for a workout. Like when you think "oh no, i really don't want to train today. I'm getting sick of it". I personally think overtraining is a central nervous system thing more than a muscular thing. More nerve fatigue if anything.

take the week off though, to rest the joints and ligaments.

people who say "ooohhhh don't train 6 days a week, thats overtraining!" grate on me. If you feel physically and mentally prepared to do it, then by all means go for it.

signs to me of overtraining:

i have been in a state of overtraining a couple of times. It's not a pleasant feeling.
    This, overtraining is a condition of the nervous system.

If you have to ask, you arent overtraining, you will know 100% if you are, and then the only solution is rest

Edit: I laugh at those who say overtraining doesnt exist, try making your training truly intense and then maybe you will understand what its like to wake up in the middle of the night in sweat, to vomit from anxiety pre-workout, to have insomnia every night, and to have zero energy during the day.
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

Originally Posted by XShreddedX View Post
    This, overtraining is a condition of the nervous system.

If you have to ask, you arent overtraining, you will know 100% if you are, and then the only solution is rest

Edit: I laugh at those who say overtraining doesnt exist, try making your training truly intense and then maybe you will understand what its like to wake up in the middle of the night in sweat, to vomit from anxiety pre-workout, to have insomnia every night, and to have zero energy during the day.
    maybe its cancer or aids.
    ((((((((((())))))))))))

jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000) jsanchez311 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been taught that overtraining was a CNS issue and not a muscular issue. Like people have said, it comes with constant fatigue, bad moods, etc.

If you're really having pain in your joints, take a week off. Listening to your body is one of the most important lessons you can learn.
    Misc fear boner crew
    raping back 1K+
    **Los Angeles MISC CREW**

Originally Posted by jsanchez311 View Post
    I've been taught that overtraining was a CNS issue and not a muscular issue. Like people have said, it comes with constant fatigue, bad moods, etc.

If you're really having pain in your joints, take a week off. Listening to your body is one of the most important lessons you can learn.
    Guys for me it’s not about that am feed up and got bored, I love going to gym everyday I just do , it is simple physical pains.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guys for me it’s not about that am feed up and got bored, I love going to gym everyday I just do , it is simple physical pains.
    Your choices for giving it a break are not limited to either no break vs one week or 2 weeks off. I recommend taking off 2 or 3 days and then see if you have recovered sufficiently or can at least tell the nature and extent of any "damage". The thing with the hands and forearms hurting from curls. That is so stereotypically common amongst anyone that curls at all, especially when you start increasing the weight and doing more sets.

99% of the time your body adapts and it just simply goes away.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    well in my opinion everyone has different definitions of overtraining. but for me and my body i know i'm overtraining when my body starts feeling drained, sickly and i get all sorts of joint and muscle pains which i dont usually have. actually the last couple weeks i've been experiencing those types of pains in my elbows, knees and a bit in my shoulders. funny thing is today i'm actually having minor surgery done so i'm being forced to take some time away from the gym. i'm gonna be off of weights for about two weeks or so and even then i'll have to come back really slow so i wont get injured and be out longer. so i say take some time off if you feel you need it. 2 weeks is kinda long for me but i say take a week off, go back to the gym and see how you feel man. if you see you're feeling much better and energized then hit it hard but if you still feel somewhat down and hurt take a few more days off.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whatever you say guy.