andrealynn1218 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 weeks out- First Time Bikini "Best Body" Competitor

Hi Everyone! I'm a first time bikini competitor getting really excited to compete on November 12. As I'm sure you can imagine--i'm super nervous as well! I've attached some progress photos taken at exactly 4 weeks out. Below is my diet/supplement plan. I would love to hear your criticism/advice on what I need to work on/any adjustments I need to make between now and competition day.

Also, one thing I'm really iffy about is what to do the week before the competition in terms of any changes to my diet/training schedule. All advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

This is my diet at the moment:

Meal 1: 4 hard boiled egg whites. 4 oz oatmeal (measured uncooked)
    Meal 2: Whey protein shake (Usually just use protein powder and water but sometimes i'll add 1/2 a banana or peanut butter) or 4 slices deli turkey + 10 almonds
    Meal 3: 6 oz grilled chicken, 4 oz veggies (either asparagus or spinach), 1/2 of a sweet potato
    Meal 4: Rice cake with peanut butter or 4 slices deli turkey and tablespoon of peanut butter
    Meal 5: 6 oz grilled chicken, 4 oz veggies (either asparagus or spinach)
    Meal 6: Cottage Cheese (no salt added) or Whey Protein Shake.

The supplements I'm taking are:

CLA
    Lcarnatine
    Women's Opti Multi Vitamin
    CoQ
    Vitamin C
    Calcium
    Argenine
    Glutamine

Sometimes I drink 1/2 an energy shock before I lift because I need a lil extra boost. I also drink black coffee throughout the day.
    Attached Images

J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks good! do you know your macronutrient breakdown?
    NASM CPT

Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    Looks good! do you know your macronutrient breakdown?
    i don't! :-( how do I figure it out?

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    At this point you look like you've made good progress without worrying about the macronutrient breakdown. If I were you, I'd keep following the plan you have here and don't change anything. Maybe an extra cardio session or two per week. There's no need for any real drastic changes. People try to do too many drastic things the last week and end up wasting their time. You don't need to do any carb loading or any of that other stuff for the bikini division.

The only thing you might want to do is increase your water intake Monday-Friday night and then decrease it a bit on Saturday morning. Just a few sips throughout the morning before judging. It'll help you to tighten up just a bit and keep the mid-section tight and flat.

J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    go to nutritiondata.com and find out your macro breakdown. I do not agree with above poster, I think you will have much better results if you know exactly how much you are eating, and adjust macronutrients as needed to come in conditioned for the show.
    NASM CPT

FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cot dayum
    Cavs / Browns / Buckeyes / Indians

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    go to nutritiondata.com and find out your macro breakdown. I do not agree with above poster, I think you will have much better results if you know exactly how much you are eating, and adjust macronutrients as needed to come in conditioned for the show.
    She's doing the bikini division and she's four weeks out. She's in good shape and she just listed what she's eating. While macronutrient tracking is fine, her diet isn't going to change much anyway. "Conditioning" isn't a factor in bikini like bodybuilding divisions.

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    "Conditioning" isn't a factor in bikini like bodybuilding divisions.
    Conditioning isn't a factor? Tell that to IFBB bikini competitors. It's a HUGE factor!! To lean you're marked down, to fat and you're marked down. There's a fine line as to what conditioning is ideal for this division.

4 wks, you still have time but I think you still need to lean out a little more.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    Conditioning isn't a factor? Tell that to IFBB bikini competitors. It's a HUGE factor!! To lean you're marked down, to fat and you're marked down. There's a fine line as to what conditioning is ideal for this division.

4 wks, you still have time but I think you still need to lean out a little more.
    ^this.

You need to be very conditioned. not like figure, but still in spot on condition. The balance is to not "jiggle" when you walk(lots of bikini competitors will have a jelly a$$ when they walk, and they get marked down for it) but also not be hard. Soft but not carrying much fat.
    NASM CPT

canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FatWhiteKid View Post
    Cot dayum
    i see this going downhill...
    ah Misc
    GJDM OP

Come on, you know conditioning is referring to being spot on dry and ripped for bodybuilding. That is not the bikini division look. This is her first show and not an IFBB event. Being lean enough but still soft and not too muscular is the look she has right now. 4 more weeks of her current diet and adding some more cardio and she'll do well. Don't scare the girl into thinking she has to do something extreme to get ready for a local show.

Come on, you know conditioning is referring to being spot on dry and ripped for bodybuilding. That is not the bikini division look. This is her first show and not an IFBB event. Being lean enough but still soft and not too muscular is the look she has right now. 4 more weeks of her current diet and adding some more cardio and she'll do well. Don't scare the girl into thinking she has to do something extreme to get ready for a local show.
    I agree that doing what she is doing will make her look better, and your logic is fine, but when I give someone advice, I am going to advise them on how to come in as good of possible shape as they can, not to "fit in at the show, its only a local show."

Why settle for looking decent when you can find out your macros, dial it in, and look amazing?

-OP, let me know if you need someone to coach you on a diet and prep for the show, I will put you in touch with someone.
    NASM CPT

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Agreed....Bikini is going to a much harder look, close to what figure was a couple of years ago. She definitely needs to tighten up.....
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolabgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I respectfully disagree with this. I think judges are looking for bikini girls to go softer again. Take a look at Jamie baird. She's doing awesome right now and she doesn't have hard defined abs!

OP i think you need to measure your body fat and use that as a guage. From what I've read in interviews with IFBB pros shoot for around 16% body fat. I think you look great but everyone has room for improvement. Definately looks like you could stand to drop some water weight before the show just to tighten up.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!
    Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    Agreed....Bikini is going to a much harder look, close to what figure was a couple of years ago. She definitely needs to tighten up.....

Originally Posted by lolabgood View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this. I think judges are looking for bikini girls to go softer again. Take a look at Jamie baird. She's doing awesome right now and she doesn't have hard defined abs!

OP i think you need to measure your body fat and use that as a guage. From what I've read in interviews with IFBB pros shoot for around 16% body fat. I think you look great but everyone has room for improvement. Definately looks like you could stand to drop some water weight before the show just to tighten up.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!
    My good friend's wife just took the overall at a regional show last weekend and qualified for nationals at about 11 percent Bodyfat. She did not drop much water though, so she did not have the "hard look", but she did not shake or "jiggle" anywhere when she walked. It was a runaway win. That being said, I have seen a few like stated above, a softer look. I would get your diet Down so that if you feel a little too lean, just don't worry about depleting water much, and see where that gets you. It's much easier to come in. Little softer when you are about too lean, than lose 4 lb of fat in the last 3 days before the show because you are too soft.
    NASM CPT

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What are you talking about?

First, conditioning means the way you look. It has nothing to do with ripped or shredded. A fat guy has a certain level of conditioning as does a an IFBB pro on stage. What level is required is the question. You're thinking that conditioning only means no BF!

Second, If I had a client that I could train to be comparable to an IFBB pro then why the hell wouldn't I try and take her there?

Third, when did I say she had to do anything extreme? All I said was that you have 4 week left and I still think you need to lean out a little.

I have a good friend that is an IFBB pro and was just competing at the O. She looked amazing but then again so did all the girls. Judging bikini must be harder than judging figure and that's hard enough. Are politics involved ... I won't go there

I agree with dazzle, I think figure has turned down the hardness just a little! Bikini really is a LOOK. You need just the right amount of curves in just the right places, and bring a face to match to do well. That's assuming you've brought the right "conditioning" I think bikini requires more specific genetics than figure.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Judging bikini must be harder than judging figure and that's hard enough. Are politics involved ... I won't go there
    Bikini really is a LOOK. You need just the right amount of curves in just the right places, and bring a face to match to do well. That's assuming you've brought the right "conditioning" I think bikini requires more specific genetics than figure.

This is going to make me sick, didnt a 14 year old just win a show?

OP- Seriously, you look good, just keep up the work and keep in mind the best thing you can do for your first show is have someone to hold your hand through the last 3 weeks and the show itself, and be an objective third party that can help you come in tight, make sure you color is right on, and can teach you all about stage presence. Those three things, along with a GREAT smile are keys to doing well at a bikini show.
    NASM CPT

This is going to make me sick, didnt a 14 year old just win a show?

OP- Seriously, you look good, just keep up the work and keep in mind the best thing you can do for your first show is have someone to hold your hand through the last 3 weeks and the show itself, and be an objective third party that can help you come in tight, make sure you color is right on, and can teach you all about stage presence. Those three things, along with a GREAT smile are keys to doing well at a bikini show.
    Miss Bikini Olympia 2011 is 19yrs old and according to her at the post show seminar the next morning she worked "300% to prepare for this show". Phil even rolled his eyes when she blurted that one out.

Anyhow, I'm not here to bash the division. I think it has it's place on stage and brings a different audience to the sport. Bodybuilding is slowly dying and people are opting for divisions that are more appealing, more marketable and easier achieved for the avg person. When you want revenue in business you usually try to appeal to a larger demographic.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You look good for 4 weeks out. Just keep pushing forward and tightening up.

Thank you all for your advice!

I've continued with my diet/training schedule as it was for the last week. I will post more progress photos soon!

Hi All! As promised--photos from 3 weeks out. Advice appreciated!

i forgot to mention I didn't hire a trainer/coach, but I've been working with an experienced figure competitor throughout the process so I haven't ben entirely on my own, howver, I just found out that she won't be in town on the day of the competition so I'm FREAKING OUT! Any advice on what I should do/expect the day of the show (I really appreciate this since I'm going to be all alone now!)
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by andrealynn1218 View Post

i forgot to mention I didn't hire a trainer/coach, but I've been working with an experienced figure competitor throughout the process so I haven't ben entirely on my own, howver, I just found out that she won't be in town on the day of the competition so I'm FREAKING OUT! Any advice on what I should do/expect the day of the show (I really appreciate this since I'm going to be all alone now!)
    Keep on the diet, if you were my client I would want you a little leaner still.
    Have you got your suits/shoes and tanning purchased and sorted out yet? Along with how you're going to prepare the skin and how and when to apply tanner?

You have a really good face, hair and overall shape. Keep it going for a few more weeks and you should do well.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

How much cardio are you currently doing?

AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AmandaKay524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by andrealynn1218 View Post

Who wrote your diet? I noticed its not very balanced, for example, your last meal is either cottage cheese OR Whey shake. You may want to consider casien before bed as it is slower digesting. Or another one of your meals was rice cake with PB OR turkey with PB, so one option is carbs and fats, and the other option is protien and fats.. I'd also stay away from processed foods like the deli meat, especially as you are getting closer to the show.. VERY HIGH in sodium. But drinking lots of water will help flush your body, just be sure to switch to distilled or spring the week of the show.
    Your pic is looking good. have you worked on posing with anyone?
    I compete in Texas, and they say Texas is one of the hardest states. We bring out alot of competitors. and yes there is the fine line of what those judges like. Just train hard and remember this is your first show, use it as your learning experience. You may go in looking the best you have ever looked in your life, and be proud of that. and know that each show you will just get better and better from how you look to your confidence and posing etc. I did 3 shows this year. Didn't make top 5, just right outside of it, and I looked better each show, but its those 7 judges.. so don't get discouraged. Just have fun!

I'm now just 10 days from the show and getting very excited! I'm going to a workshop on sunday to help me with my posing and hopefully learn as much as I can. I've got my suit, my shoes, and my hair/makeup all figured out, and I just ordered PRO TAN's bikini kit. I've changed my diet up a tiny bit, mostly by cutting carbs. I do still feel like I have a bit of water weight to lose, so I'm taking a water pill for the next few days to see how my body reacts. I started almost 11 weeks ago at about 118lbs and 20% body fat. I'm now weighing in at 105 and 15% body fat. I've attached some progress photos from 2 weeks out.

I really do appreciate all of the advice you have given me on this thread! More is, of course, welcome :-)

Thanks!
    Attached Images

eunicefurstenb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice! Im also a first time compettetor. I have heard from various scources that whey protien takes a lkt of water out the system so in the last 6 weeks one should cut out whey as far as possible and saty on "natural" prtiens .. goodluck!! X

MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MilaGroski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by eunicefurstenb View Post
    Nice! Im also a first time compettetor. I have heard from various scources that whey protien takes a lkt of water out the system so in the last 6 weeks one should cut out whey as far as possible and saty on "natural" prtiens .. goodluck!! X
    that post is 4 years dead
    2014 1st place Bikini Master's Northern Canadian Classic
    2014 4th place Bikini Master's Western Canadian Naturals
    2015 4th place CFBB/IFBB BC Provincials

Upcoming:
    2015 CFBB/IFBB Canadian Nationals - Pro Card

@fawnlavonne
    www.********.com/pages/Fawn-Lavonne-Bikini-Competitor/1498615020387842