Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2917
    jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do you find the low fat diet bro? I got down to around 35 at my lowest (although my carbs werent as high as yours) and was struggling to get through workouts, lol even stepping out of my car was a serious effort! You find yourself legarthic at all or does the higher carbs help with that?

[this was before I knew about IIFYM and proper dieting principles, just trying to compare experiences haha]
    "Dont rush to get grown, drive slow homie"

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jiveinhere View Post
    How do you find the low fat diet bro? I got down to around 35 at my lowest (although my carbs werent as high as yours) and was struggling to get through workouts, lol even stepping out of my car was a serious effort! You find yourself legarthic at all or does the higher carbs help with that?

[this was before I knew about IIFYM and proper dieting principles, just trying to compare experiences haha]
    I've discovered that I respond best to low fat/moderate carb when I'm looking to lean up. The side effects you were suffering weren't necessarily due to a low dietary fat intake but instead a low total caloric intake. Most likely you didn't notice the lack of energy until you were deeper into prep which means you had been running a deficit for a significant amount of time. At eight weeks out I was running 240/150/40 for my normal days and 200/200/35 for my high days and it definitely took it's toll with 5 days of training and 6 days of cardio. I operate just fine like this as long as it's short term, which it will be because I don't plan on staying in a deficit past December.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000) jiveinhere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ahk, yeah well that was what my prep coach/mate had me on. I got as low as 250/90/35 (and yes, I was eating ultimate bro food lol) and was struggling to function. I also lost a lot of muscle mass so for me that was a lesson in what NOT to do.

Just out of interest, when you say you respond best to low fat/moderate carb, do you mean in regards to having energy and feeling alert or as in you lose weight faster? Also, is that still within the guidelines from the sticky in the Nut section, or is it ok to use that as a starting point, and then adjustments made accordingly, even if they go beyond whats recommended. Not that I want to just yet, Im merely interested in what I might respond to best, as I havent really tried much else. Sorry to bombard you with q's bro, like I said you really have inspired me with your success on IIFYM, so Im just trying my best to fully understand how you approach it

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ahk, yeah well that was what my prep coach/mate had me on. I got as low as 250/90/35 (and yes, I was eating ultimate bro food lol) and was struggling to function. I also lost a lot of muscle mass so for me that was a lesson in what NOT to do.

Just out of interest, when you say you respond best to low fat/moderate carb, do you mean in regards to having energy and feeling alert or as in you lose weight faster? Also, is that still within the guidelines from the sticky in the Nut section, or is it ok to use that as a starting point, and then adjustments made accordingly, even if they go beyond whats recommended. Not that I want to just yet, Im merely interested in what I might respond to best, as I havent really tried much else. Sorry to bombard you with q's bro, like I said you really have inspired me with your success on IIFYM, so Im just trying my best to fully understand how you approach it
    Low fat/mod carb is the best for me in terms of both rate of fat loss and sense of well being. As far as the sticky goes, your mileage may vary. Everybody is different when it comes to macronutrient needs.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Holy feek! How long were you running that low of carbs for? Personally, I would have you on higher carbs and cut back a bit of that protein, but that's just me. I sure hope he had you refeeding, if not, ouch! lol
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Holy feek! How long were you running that low of carbs for? Personally, I would have you on higher carbs and cut back a bit of that protein, but that's just me. I sure hope he had you refeeding, if not, ouch! lol
    Man, I was at about 100g for 4 weeks, and then dropped to 90 for the last 2... no refeeds either. Just eating chicken, broccoli and sweet potato for just about every meal too haha, fuk that was bad! That was me religiously following what my prep coach (who I now realised has almost no nutritional knowledge) told me to do. I was literally a zombie lol! I wish Id done the reading Ive since done PRIOR to putting myself through that... oh well, live and learn

strong thread derail though :P Erick post some tasty eats or crazy lifts to get back on track!

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strong thread derail though :P Erick post some tasty eats or crazy lifts to get back on track!
    better yet post offseason update pics nooodzz !
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Man, I was at about 100g for 4 weeks, and then dropped to 90 for the last 2... no refeeds either. Just eating chicken, broccoli and sweet potato for just about every meal too haha, fuk that was bad! That was me religiously following what my prep coach (who I now realised has almost no nutritional knowledge) told me to do. I was literally a zombie lol! I wish Id done the reading Ive since done PRIOR to putting myself through that... oh well, live and learn

Today is deadlift day so you know I'm going to bring it!

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    better yet post offseason update pics nooodzz !
    Soon.

5/3/1 Week 3 - Deadlift

Deadlift
    225 x 5
    275 x 5
    325 x 3
    380 x 3
    435 x 3
    495 x 5

Pull-Ups
    BW x 8, 6, 4

DB Incline Row
    70 x 8 (3x)

BB Curl
    95 x 8

Occluded Incline DB Curls
    20 x 10 (3x)

Seated Calf Raise
    135 x 10
    90 x 12
    45 x 20

Nutrition

194/197/34

Notes

- I thought I'd be able to pull 495 x 8 but I suppose I can only expect so much when I'm in such a large caloric deficit.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sorry if i missed it bro how long have you been cutting for now ? and what are your goals ?
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Nutrition

194/197/34

Notes

- I thought I'd be able to pull 495 x 8 but I suppose I can only expect so much when I'm in such a large caloric deficit.
    Do you think your low (just < 1g/lb bw) protein intake could be affecting performance and recovery?
    Especially in such a "large caloric deficit"?

Id be braindead on <.2g/lb in fat too, but I know you prefer your carbs.
    Ever consider dropping the 50g for P and F and refeeding 1x a week.

Just wondering. Keep up the great progress though.
    Big division game this weekend.
    Last edited by determined4000; 11-03-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    sorry if i missed it bro how long have you been cutting for now ? and what are your goals ?
    I bounced in and out of a deficit all Summer but I think I've only been seriously dieting since August.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Do you think your low (just < 1g/lb bw) protein intake could be affecting performance and recovery?
    Especially in such a "large caloric deficit"?

Id be braindead on <.2g/lb in fat too, but I know you prefer your carbs.
    Ever consider dropping the 50g for P and F and refeeding 1x a week.

Just wondering. Keep up the great progress though.
    Big division game this weekend.
    Nah, I've been at 200g of protein since I began working with Berto almost a year ago. The macronutrient ratios I'm rolling with right now are fine as far as energy and overall function goes, I'm just not setting PRs every day. Not a big deal, only a matter of weeks left at this.

Eff the Aints.

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu awesome work on the deads, sir!
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great deads bro! I started pulling again yesterday after not having done them from the floor in 12 weeks from a recovery standpoint and then the injury berto suggested taking them from a rack. Got back at em yesterday, not exactly like riding a bike i felt so slllloooooowwww
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

5/3/1 - Military Press

Military Press
    60 x 5
    75 x 5
    95 x 3
    105 x 3
    120 x 3
    145 x 3

Side DB Laterals
    15 x 10 (3x)

Incline DB Rear Laterals
    10 x 10 (3x)

Nutrition

199/203/32

Notes

- Quick but satisfying workout today.
    - The scale isn't moving for shiit lately and I'm getting frustrated but all I can do is keep pushing. 190 or bust!

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - The scale isn't moving for shiit lately and I'm getting frustrated but all I can do is keep pushing. 190 or bust!
    Maybe a week or two just at maint, E?
    Could be conservative and use the low end. 200 x 12 = 2400.
    You're at like bw x 10 right now which is damn low. Could help with a 7-14 day stint, IMO.

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Maybe a week or two just at maint, E?
    Could be conservative and use the low end. 200 x 12 = 2400.
    You're at like bw x 10 right now which is damn low. Could help with a 7-14 day stint, IMO.
    We'll see what Berto says if no whoosh happens by Sunday.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    5/3/1 - Military Press

- Quick but satisfying workout today.
    just 10 more brah.....you can do it!!
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I feel a whoosh coming tomorrow morning

areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wonder what term people would use if Lyle never introduced "whoosh." lol
    Fat to Fit to Fat to Bodybuilder

2011 OCB Presidential Cup:
    1st in Debut
    1st in Novice Lightweight
    2nd in Open Middleweight

Originally Posted by areya2005 View Post
    I wonder what term people would use if Lyle never introduced "whoosh." lol
    "One big dump."

Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000) Jstamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed! I watch you too

85 pages... that's a lot of ketchup
    2022 Strongman Corp National Champion u200
    4x Oregon's Strongest Man
    BSc in Exercise Science & Nutrition

YouTube - https://youtube.com/@JoeyStampke

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/joeystampke

My Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135732481

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well hell, apparently I unsubbed to this one too while browsing on my phone.

Great stuff in here lately boys.

Erick: hope that whoosh comes for you
    Billy: hope that hammie is healing up nicely, time off from the gym is agony IMO

jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000) jdudeck1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    "One big dump."
    Eric the things you say always have me cracking up! Keep killing it bro!

Weight

198.6 - Finally!

Conditioning

1 Hour of TRX Training

Nutrition

202/205/32

Notes

- After an entire frustrating and demoralizing week at above 200, I finally got a whoosh and dropped below the dreaded two bills. I think my body was just procrastinating with the fat loss and soon I'll be well on my way to my goal of 195 by Thanksgiving.

^^Awesome job on the new low, Eric. I knew it was coming!^^

So I feel like I haven't posted an update in like forever! The hammie feels much better now and I'm going to hit a lower workout tomorrow. I did some bodyweight squats yesterday and everything feels good to go (fingers crossed). I've been doing well on my mini cut. Woke up to a new low of 167.2 today! It's also my refeed day, so I'll probably be up around 170 tomorrow lol. I've been eating pretty bro the past two weeks (yeah, I know, can you believe it?!) but I've been pretty aggressive on this mini. Not doing much cardio at all (only 2, 20 min sessions a week) so I'm relying on macros. Haven't been using my bodymedia, so I've been losing very well on 55/225/225 with a refeed of 55/525/190-200. I'm going to see what my weight is in the AM and decide if I'm going to walk carbs up slowly to see if it eeks out fatloss. It's as good a time as any to see what I can get away with, seeing as this diet is just to clean up a bit. Anyway, here's some "exciting" foods I've fit in the past couple weeks.

cinnamon vanilla overnight oats w pb and blueberries

choco choco chip pancakes w pb

giant proats

beef and egg tacos

Edy's touchdown sundae

3DMJ protein layer cake

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^holy fuk on the protein concoctions, what brand of protein do you use?!

sludge, frosted cheerios, low fat strawberry pop tart

whites, strawberry waffles

toasted chicken and marinara, capn pb and choco crunch

whites, apple cinnamon oats, english muffin w jelly

double cheese, fries, rice cakes w pb and sf jelly

bread pudding w vanilla sludge

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    awesome to hear that the hammie feels better Billy, and the eats are ballin as always! there's been some discussion been goin around that things like the body media are a small technicality away from an eating disorder, i.e. people are getting WAY to obsessed with their diet while wearing one. whats your take on it? (just curious, thought it might be a good discussion)
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Originally Posted by jon1995 View Post
    ^^holy fuk on the protein concoctions, what brand of protein do you use?!
    Thanks! I use Myofusion milk chocolate, ON casein and Dymatize gourmet

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    awesome to hear that the hammie feels better Billy, and the eats are ballin as always! there's been some discussion been goin around that things like the body media are a small technicality away from an eating disorder, i.e. people are getting WAY to obsessed with their diet while wearing one. whats your take on it? (just curious, thought it might be a good discussion)
    I'm totally going to agree with that. After my contest season I had an issue with food. I literally couldn't stop thinking about it and the fear of getting fat was definitely very real. I got my bodymedia because I thought "Hey, this way I will stop worrying about whether I'm eating too much or too little." What started out as a good idea, kind of turned on me. I found myself doing extra cardio on some days because I wanted to eat more, etc. The more bodyfat and weight I put on though, the less desire I had for food and less I was thinking about it. I honestly think it can be a good tool just to see what you burn daily, but as far as long term use goes, I honestly think it can lend itself to developing an ED.