Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah you're way leaner now than last prep's starting point. Quads even have some separation. Took a bit to get to that point last time out.

Brass ring baby!!!
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

My sport is your sports punishment

Tricks are something whores do for money...or candy.

Team BK

Training journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148831101

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lower back and abs look great this far out, E!

Time to do some damage!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000) DFisco is just really nice. (+1000)
    Legs are looking like you put some mass on them.
    Accomplishments are just excuses to talk and spit.

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120442141

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    that's a pretty damn good starting spot E. muuuuuch better than you were in '09 at the jump off. as usual, i am incredibly jealous of your perfect abs.

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lookin great for the start Eric. You have definitely made some gains, gonna look awesome when you get diced.

tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is my first time following so can't compare to before but you are definitely looking like you will be doing some damage.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    Looking great quelly
    thank you
    Originally Posted by ekmi View Post
    subbed for the pro card! time flies, I remember the day you started your old log
    me too! feels like it was a lifetime ago and yesterday at the same time....weird
    Originally Posted by DREhova 87 View Post
    I was looking through some OG journals of ya... You def are starting this out leaner with great improvement! It's your time dude!
    thanks man
    Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    So much better this time. Very excited about what is next for you Mr. Helms!
    Me too buddy
    Originally Posted by goddaloveme View Post
    Looks like you have a great starting point! Best of luck brotha!
    Thnks Matt!
    Originally Posted by COZ999 View Post
    aww hell yea for similar macros. It would make sense since were similar weight and body types. Kill it Eric! 15 weeks away for both of us!
    our year buddy
    Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    Wheels look hyooge, Abs already lookin great, and the Christmas tree is already out to stay.... NOICE!
    Thanks Jason means alot coming from you
    Originally Posted by ehlisl View Post
    Looking great E! Noticable improvements in the back and chest!

You are at a great starting point for this years run. Can't wait to see the Eric Helms that hits the stage!
    Thanks Luke, glad to hear you see some improvement
    Originally Posted by healthybodies View Post
    Show off

Looking good Eric. It begins.
    lol, thanks brad
    Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    Yeah you're way leaner now than last prep's starting point. Quads even have some separation. Took a bit to get to that point last time out.

Brass ring baby!!!
    Yeah I'm liking starting 2 months ahead of 09 lol
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Lower back and abs look great this far out, E!

Time to do some damage!
    Thanks! You know it
    Originally Posted by DFisco View Post
    Legs are looking like you put some mass on them.
    Glad to hear that!
    Originally Posted by bwelch1985 View Post
    that's a pretty damn good starting spot E. muuuuuch better than you were in '09 at the jump off. as usual, i am incredibly jealous of your perfect abs.
    Thanks man
    Originally Posted by Rsardinia View Post
    Lookin great for the start Eric. You have definitely made some gains, gonna look awesome when you get diced.
    Thanks Robbie
    Originally Posted by tsajdak View Post
    This is my first time following so can't compare to before but you are definitely looking like you will be doing some damage.
    Let's hope so!
    Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    I think i have the worse lower back genetics on this site lol.

Looking great for this far out E! Those seem like some pretty agressive macros, you refeeding just once a week??
    We all have parts of us that stand out and parts that we want to improve, over all I think you have a very good package Paul.

And my current Macros are pretty all over. I have 4 days of lifting weekly, my refeed of 500g is on chest and back, shoulders/arms and quads/calves are 250g, and glutes/hams is 200g. I have 3 days a week I do 150g of carbs, 2 days of those are MISS, one day off completely.

BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking solid! Great offseason from the looks of it in terms of staying lean, legs in particular.

Is that an xmas tree? ;]
    www.youtube.com/flexxinator
    www.3dmusclejourney.com
    www.blogtalkradio.com/nattytalk

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    I think i have the worse lower back genetics on this site lol.
    I hate to call in the Whambulance on this one, but I think I got you beat there brah.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

January 18th Day 6

Intro

Man my body isn't used to reps above 6-8 lol, hypertrophy work is kinda fun when I get over how much weight I have to drop, especially after the first few sets. Well, I have a feeling my strength-endurance will start improving quickly.
    Did shoulders and arms today, tomorrow will be just some easy cardio and carbs will be a lot lower. Then friday off with the same macros and then big 500 with chest and back on saturday. From there I hope to see at least one 197.something weigh in next week.

Nutrition

60/250/250

Training

Shoulders and Arms Hypertrophy

Seated DB Shoulder Press
    80's x 8 (2 sets)
    65's x 12

DB Lateral Raises, strict
    35's x 10
    30's x 12

Barbell Curls
    100 x 8
    90 x 8
    60 x 12

Close Grip Bench
    185 x 8 (2 sets)

Seated DB Overhead Tricep Extensions
    90 x 10
    80 x 10
    70 x 12

Debrief

Sick pump...not that it matters besides it looking and feeling neat, and so far I've been totally relaxed about prep and want to keep it that way as long as possible. There has been no "flip the switch brah" or "time to put it in high gear", it's just, less food, more activity, and reduced training volume to match my slower recovery. A solid smart plan, and I'm letting the fat loss happen without focusing on it to the point of obsession.
    I like it

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like it, too. That mentality makes it seem a lot nicer. Hope you can keep the midset. As far as the hyper work... you should be able to progress in the rep ranges you aren't used to... Can you imagine something that crazy??? Progressing during a prep? Sorry forget I mentioned it.. can't be done

You want it go get it anti-steroids's Avatar
    anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like it, too. That mentality makes it seem a lot nicer. Hope you can keep the midset. As far as the hyper work... you should be able to progress in the rep ranges you aren't used to... Can you imagine something that crazy??? Progressing during a prep? Sorry forget I mentioned it.. can't be done
    yeahh....who does that? also same question I asked berto is HITT going to be card you play later in the game or no?
    "you can always think of many reasons not to do anything. But how many people are willing to search for a reason [a good one] to do something" " in life there are good choices and bad choices and in between there are doors"

youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/ANTISTEROIDSX2
    exist to inspire!
    greatness is upon you ACT LIKE IT!

CANT BE DONE!!!!
    Originally Posted by anti-steroids View Post
    yeahh....who does that? also same question I asked berto is HITT going to be card you play later in the game or no?
    if needed, I'll probably go to 3x/week MISS at 500kcals before I add in a HIIT session though. I doubt I'll do more than 2x/week at 15 intervals though even at the hardest point in prep. I think that is right on the border of too much for me....funny thing is that's where I started in 09 lol

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    Intro

Debrief

Sick pump...not that it matters besides it looking and feeling neat, and so far I've been totally relaxed about prep and want to keep it that way as long as possible. There has been no "flip the switch brah" or "time to put it in high gear", it's just, less food, more activity, and reduced training volume to match my slower recovery. A solid smart plan, and I'm letting the fat loss happen without focusing on it to the point of obsession.
    I like it
    Nice....I like this. When the bodyfat takes a major dive, there will be plenty of time to become OCD about the fat loss. Enjoy the relaxed approach for as LONG as possible. Im trying to do the same thing, myself.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Fears Chuck Norris JimmyChitwood's Avatar
    JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like it
    Relaxed come-what-may frame of mind. Sounds like Eeyore. Just don't fall asleep on the treadmill.

Oh, and I'm in before the 100th page.
    Start point looks great, Eric. If I could get my legs to look like that...I'd consider my prep done! Holy ham bellies in that side shot! Back and chest are showing off the work you've done too. Nicely played offseason.
    ~Forgiven~

My Training Log and Record of Adventures:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441433851

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like it
    That's one of the few things I regret about my prep. I wish I'd been able to begin with this mentality. I was pedal to the floor from week 1. I think it will help later on because inevitably it will get really real and you don't want to be burned out at that point. You and Alberto are some smart dudes.

Next time, I'll set myself up better and have the ability/experience to approach it this way.

Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's great advise. Berto told me that he wants things to gradually happen... Rather than "muscling" the fat out of me. I think this is what he meant by it... Just let things fall into place.

Originally Posted by JimmyChitwood View Post
    Relaxed come-what-may frame of mind. Sounds like Eeyore. Just don't fall asleep on the treadmill.

Oh, and I'm in before the 100th page.
    Start point looks great, Eric. If I could get my legs to look like that...I'd consider my prep done! Holy ham bellies in that side shot! Back and chest are showing off the work you've done too. Nicely played offseason.
    Eeyore kinda had the clinically depressed thing going too....yeah not so much for me lol, and thanks Jimmy
    Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    That's one of the few things I regret about my prep. I wish I'd been able to begin with this mentality. I was pedal to the floor from week 1. I think it will help later on because inevitably it will get really real and you don't want to be burned out at that point. You and Alberto are some smart dudes.

Next time, I'll set myself up better and have the ability/experience to approach it this way.
    Originally Posted by DREhova 87 View Post
    That's great advise. Berto told me that he wants things to gradually happen... Rather than "muscling" the fat out of me. I think this is what he meant by it... Just let things fall into place.
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Nice....I like this. When the bodyfat takes a major dive, there will be plenty of time to become OCD about the fat loss. Enjoy the relaxed approach for as LONG as possible. Im trying to do the same thing, myself.
    It takes a lot of mental energy to be totally focused on burning fat 24/7, and it doesn't actually help with anything lol. I'm still weighing my food and doing everything I planned on, I'm just not obsessing over everything in other less tangible ways that really serve no purpose except to elevate stress. Yeah I recommend it lol

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eeyore kinda had the clinically depressed thing going too
    HA HA! Yep.....dont want to be Eeyoring your prep. From there, post contes blues could be real bad.

It takes a lot of mental energy to be totally focused on burning fat 24/7, and it doesn't actually help with anything lol. I'm still weighing my food and doing everything I planned on, I'm just not obsessing over everything in other less tangible ways that really serve no purpose except to elevate stress. Yeah I recommend it lol
    Solid. Yup....ive been trying the same thing. And I dont know if its mentality or supplementation or the fact that im starting so much leaner or a combo of all......but im feeling really good at this bodyfat level. Like I havent before. There is a lot to be said for keeping the stress low. I dig it!

Hey I missed the start point pics here......I went back to have a look. Man, you are in a nice spot. Mid section is TIGHT for the very beginning. And like Jimmy said.......those freaking hammies are unreal. They are gonna come in handy when it comes to impressing the judges.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Aw, you're no fun. Being OCD is part of the fun of prep and part of what makes us bodybuilders
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000) Stoner90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great conversation from everyone. That is what Jeff has been telling me, and will undoubtedly need to continue to preach/stress to me. Those who know me even a bit, know I am one Hyper OCD Mofo!

I get all amped up, too amped up for my own good sometimes. No dang reason to stress about all this, especially since I have you guys(Team 3DMJ) doing my prep.

I can hear it right now from Jeff, "Relax, you will be fine, there is plenty of time." He is like a cross between Yoda, The Zen Master, and Confucius.

He is so calm, he should be called Stoner not me. Ha.
    Luis Stoner Jr.

Stay patient. This game is a marathon not a sprint.

"Sure there are days when I wish I could just be 'average' and eat three meals a day like everyone else. Then I look around and see what kind of shape the 'average' person is in and the thought passes quickly." - Tom Venuto, natural bodybuilder.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130527583

strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strebla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Use the force Eric! No but seriously...what is the worst that can happen? You lose a show...big deal. Just keeping enjoying each day of training and the show is an added bonus.
    Yoda out!

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    HA HA! Yep.....dont want to be Eeyoring your prep. From there, post contes blues could be real bad.

Solid. Yup....ive been trying the same thing. And I dont know if its mentality or supplementation or the fact that im starting so much leaner or a combo of all......but im feeling really good at this bodyfat level. Like I havent before. There is a lot to be said for keeping the stress low. I dig it!

Hey I missed the start point pics here......I went back to have a look. Man, you are in a nice spot. Mid section is TIGHT for the very beginning. And like Jimmy said.......those freaking hammies are unreal. They are gonna come in handy when it comes to impressing the judges.
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Aw, you're no fun. Being OCD is part of the fun of prep and part of what makes us bodybuilders
    Originally Posted by Stoner90 View Post
    Great conversation from everyone. That is what Jeff has been telling me, and will undoubtedly need to continue to preach/stress to me. Those who know me even a bit, know I am one Hyper OCD Mofo!

I get all amped up, too amped up for my own good sometimes. No dang reason to stress about all this, especially since I have you guys(Team 3DMJ) doing my prep.

I can hear it right now from Jeff, "Relax, you will be fine, there is plenty of time." He is like a cross between Yoda, The Zen Master, and Confucius.

He is so calm, he should be called Stoner not me. Ha.
    Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    Use the force Eric! No but seriously...what is the worst that can happen? You lose a show...big deal. Just keeping enjoying each day of training and the show is an added bonus.
    Yoda out!
    Dude....we should all listen to some Bob Marley and get baked

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed to this! BTW man, do you know or have a good guess on what your bf% is? 12-15%ish? Also, what weight did you compete at the last time you were on stage?
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!

January 19th Day 7

Intro

Low carb day along with cardio today. Also classes started yesterday, I'm taking Trends and Issues in Fitness, Fitness for Special Populations and Ethics of Sport for the first half of the semester, then the second half of the semester is Wellness Seminar II and Sport Nutrition. Got a lot of studying in today, participated in some discussion, listened to the lecture, and did some reading.
    For my cardio I took a brisk walk around the park near my house for just under an hour. Strapped on some wrist weights, and downloaded a sports medicine conference onto my itouch and listened to lectures on exercise physiology, sports conditioning and sports training for special populations. Made it go a lot faster.

Nutrition

60/150/250

Training

Cardio
    ~400kcals burned brisk walking with wrist weights

Debrief

nothing special to report at this time, tomorrow is an off day and same macros

Originally Posted by My_Legacy View Post
    Subbed to this! BTW man, do you know or have a good guess on what your bf% is? 12-15%ish? Also, what weight did you compete at the last time you were on stage?
    yeah right in there, probably 14% or so. Last time I competed my lowest, first thing in the morning weigh in, nude after I peed and before I ate was 180.8, on stage I was like ~185 or so.

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah right in there, probably 14% or so. Last time I competed my lowest, first thing in the morning weigh in, nude after I peed and before I ate was 180.8, on stage I was like ~185 or so.
    Ah ok, I guess that's the good thing about competing is you already have a general number where you need to be, so it's probably easier to estimate where you are throughout your prep.
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!

Originally Posted by My_Legacy View Post
    Ah ok, I guess that's the good thing about competing is you already have a general number where you need to be, so it's probably easier to estimate where you are throughout your prep.
    you can ballpark, but early on when you can still make measurable progress in stage weight you have to just go by how you look. 09 was new for me, since I had competed for the first time in 07 after just 3 years of lifting. So I competed at 178, and that was a weigh in at the venue, probably at 6-7% bodyfat in 07. 09 I was in the low 180's and 4-5%. So I gained a good chunk of muscle. Now that I've been at it longer the variance will be less pronounced. I would be happy to be 180 again, but leaner (which I think I can still get a touch leaner compared to 09), that would show I put on a few pounds since 09.

XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) XManPaul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can ballpark, but early on when you can still make measurable progress in stage weight you have to just go by how you look. 09 was new for me, since I had competed for the first time in 07 after just 3 years of lifting. So I competed at 178, and that was a weigh in at the venue, probably at 6-7% bodyfat in 07. 09 I was in the low 180's and 4-5%. So I gained a good chunk of muscle. Now that I've been at it longer the variance will be less pronounced. I would be happy to be 180 again, but leaner (which I think I can still get a touch leaner compared to 09), that would show I put on a few pounds since 09.
    That is well said and not a lot of people discuss contest morning bodyweight from season to season, and whether or not they made a gain/improvement.

Based on your pics at 201lbs, i think you have a shot to be between 179-181 the morning of the show and be a tad leaner than 09 (just because you were already shredded and close to that final level of conditioning).

Currently you are deceivingly lean, and your legs from every angle have good size and shape. People will start to take some serious notice at you when your at around 191lbs in the morning and below.

Good non-obsessing fat loss approach. Maybe soon i will begin a journal for my next contest prep.
    Paul Iatomasi Jr.
    WNBF Pro
    Contest Prep Coach

Originally Posted by XManPaul View Post
    That is well said and not a lot of people discuss contest morning bodyweight from season to season, and whether or not they made a gain/improvement.

Based on your pics at 201lbs, i think you have a shot to be between 179-181 the morning of the show and be a tad leaner than 09 (just because you were already shredded and close to that final level of conditioning).

Currently you are deceivingly lean, and your legs from every angle have good size and shape. People will start to take some serious notice at you when your at around 191lbs in the morning and below.

Good non-obsessing fat loss approach. Maybe soon i will begin a journal for my next contest prep.
    Paul I really appreciate the insight, and I'd love to come in around the same weight and leaner, that would mean a successful offseason and prep

You should definitely make a log, every post I've read of yours is golden!