dyeguy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hydroxycut Day-by-Day Experiment Review

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums and decided I'd contribute some them.

So I'm a college student who's decently active. I play paintball twice a week and try to go to the gym everyday even though it's practically a hike across campus. The only thing that I had trouble was finding a decent review of this product for the type of people that are just average in the sense of muscle size and ability to cope with a rigorous workout routine.

Stats:

19 years old
    5'7"
    155 pounds
    19.5% Body fat

I decided to try hydroxycut mixed with a reduced calorie diet. Now for this I'm combining theories from other supplements that I have read about before. Namely that HIIT mixed with lifting, in addition to days of medium calorie intake mixed with low are the best way to go. Currently, I do not vindicate using this type at all. This is an experiment that I am going to try over the next 8 weeks to see if this can work for the average joe.

Workout Routine:

M, W, F: 30 mins low intensity Biking, 30 mins avg. of HIIT running
    From ripped-system: first session is 30 secs sprinting with minute rest repeating 12 times, second is 45 seconds sprinting minute thrity rest repeat 9 times, thirs is 90 seconds sprinting with 2 minute rest repeating 6 times
    T,Th, Sat:
    3 sets 10-12 reps on all

Hammer Curls
    Barbell Curls
    Chest Fly
    Frech lying press
    wrist curls
    Delt Fly
    Bench Press
    Leg Press

All done on varying schedules to "trick" the body as many products guides support.

Sun: Rest

Yet again I'd like to say I currently have no idea if this will work.
    I'm only testing the major ideas I found in many books and supplements to try and lose body fat and body fat alone.

Supplements:
    GNC Mens Sport Multi-vitamin (two a day)
    L-Glutamine (3000mg)
    Amino-Acids
    Hydroxycut

Mutli-vitamin is just a personal health factor. L-Glutamine is used based on the statment that it protects muscle tissue. Amino-acids are to help with growth of muscle. Hydroxycut is for help with fat loss.

In addition I am keeping my diet below 2000 on low calorie days, and below 2500 on high calorie days. This theory is taken from a book, basically you can't continually cut calories suddenly because the body will think you are starving it so "alternating" days with low and higher calories will let the body know you are in no way in need of sudden storage.

So lets begin the test:

From yesterday:
    Day 1
    Starting ramping stage of Hydroxycut. Taking half doseage to asses tolerance.

So far so good.

Took 1 hydroxycut an hour before breakfast. And 1 before lunch. None, before bed to ensure no sleeplessness.

Weight according to Tanita Body Fat scale:
    19.1% body fat
    Calories on day: 1956
    Cardio Day

No nausea or headaches to report. Feeling energized and looking forward to seeing if this works.

and just realized I posted in the wrong place. well look for my review at the end of it all. Sorry to bother.

RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Link to your log in this thread this should be intresting.
    If you let the devil ride he is going to want to drive

My ZMP super sleep log with ZIMA Nutrition
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=942428

8 Week Cycle of Hydroxycut Advanced With a Three Week Cycle of Methyl Lean

Starting Weight: 155 Lbs
    Ending Weight: 141.8 Lbs

Starting Body Fat: 19.5%
    Ending Body Fat: 15.3%

Total Weight Lost: 13.2 Lbs
    Total Fat Percentage Reduction: -%4.2

155 x .195 = 30.225 Lbs Fat Start
    141.8 x .153 = 21.6954 Lbs Fat End

Total FAT loss: 8.5296 Lbs
    Total LEAN loss: 4.67 Lbs

Overall I am happy with the product. It definitely gave a boost in energy that was lacking from the carb reduction. The use of the Methyl Lean was due to the fact that I tried to use the 24 hour version of Hydroxycut that uses a night-time formula. For some reason it had a loose bowel effect, so I stopped that immediately and looked elsewhere. Methyl Lean fulfilled the role. However, I believe the LEAN was more of a placebo than anything else looking back over my data. It seemed to possibly ?help? the process, but when I was off them for the other 5 weeks the weight loss stayed fairly consistent. The nice thing about the product was the larger weight loss attributed to fat. However, I am wondering if the fat loss was due to the workout program involved. From past experience, though, I believe that this product helped me stay motivated and helped me break through a plateau I hit MUCH faster than it has in the past when I was doing it natural.

Rankings:

Effectiveness: 7/10

Motivation: 8/10

Health Issues: 9.5/10

Convenience: 9/10

Dosage/Ease of Taking: 9.7/10

Overall: 8.5/10

I?d recommend this product to anyone trying to find a good solid fat burner, with little side effects apart from occasional and very minimal stomach cramps after you take them and just before you eat. This is most likely due to the caffeine in them and the fact that you are taking them on an empty stomach. The food cured the pain in all cases. Another nice thing is that it basically gave you time to prepare your food. It gives you a window to prepare your meals and keeps you conscious of the diet at all times.

Advice: The first two weeks you are pretty motivated, then there?s a slump due to decreased consumption of food. But if you stick with it your want for food overall decreases. The need to eat a big meal doesn?t really exist anymore. The nice high cal days help a lot in keeping you motivated and I?m sure there?s some effect it has on keeping your body?s metabolism high. The only thing I would change in the future would be to possibly add carb tapering to the diet. KEEP A DIET JOURNAL IN EXCEL. It helps a bunch to be able to graph your progress and see that daily flutuations are generally leading in an overall trend downward. Avoid caffeine like the plague while on these because if you get used to too high a level coming off these is gonna suck...a lot.

Hope this helps guys.

vignesh3072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Hydroxycut hardcore

All, I was trying to search a thread on hydroxycut so that I can share my experience.
    I am a software professional, not really active sitting in front of the computer all the time until it dawned on me one day to get myself fit. My stats:
    34 years old
    Height - 5'4
    Weight - 165 Pounds (overweight)
    BMI - 27.5

I started the gym initially with more cardio atleast 4 times a week for an hour and that was not getting me any benefit in terms of weight loss but it started me with the enthusiasm to get fit and kind of get myself to the gym. I was doing this for almost 3 weeks and then I didnt see the kind of results that I wanted to see in myself.
    So I talked to the dietitian at the gym and she suggested a high protein diet with all the bad fats cut out and medium carbohydrates. The trainer also suggested to start with "Circuit Training" initially 2 times a week and then 3 times a week after 2 weeks along with cardio on the other 2 days. This prompted me to go to the gym more often. I was kind of getting used the routine and this helped me break the mental block about working out.

2 weeks into this routine, I was feeling the workout but I still didnt see a whole lot change in the weight. THIS was the time when I was researching on fat burners and based on the advertisements and reading the forums and understanding the side effects, I decided that If I DID try a fat burner, why don't I try the strongest of the ones??? So I narrowed down on HH and started it. I started the first 3 days with exactly 1 pill starting on a Friday. This way, I had the ability to decide for myself if this was going to workout for me over the weekend. Initially I got a few mild headaches, nothing bad, slightly high heart beats (already mentioned in the side effects), but the energy was enormous. So after 3 days, started taking 2 of those everyday in the morning on an empty stomach and after 5 days, started taking 2 in the morning and 2 before the workout. I could see that I had tremendous energy in the gym to pump myself up and get an excellent tiring workout. There were days when I used to do 4 different types of leg exercises (3 sets each) and do 4 types of chest workout(3 sets each). I would call it an "exercise accelerator" as opposed to a fat burner .

There were days in between where I felt that the energy was too much and I couldn't handle it and I would cut the dosage to 2 in the day. I have been doing for a month now and the results are good primarily based on the amount of tiring workouts that you do in the gym and the fact that it reduces your appetite. When I look at fried foods, it gives you a nauseating feeling.

So now, I have lost 11 pounds. So I am at 154 pounds now and have developed lean muscle too. I have started to supplement my workouts with Muscletech's Nitrotech and CELL tech and this is all coming together. So in my opinion if you do this regulated, you can definitely see results along with avoiding a whole lot of side effects. The side effects primarily are:

1. Mild HEADACHES
    2. Queasy nauseating feeling in the stomach.
    3. Increased heart beating
    4. If taken in the evening beyond 3:00 p.m, you develop insomnia.

One more thing to note, is I didnt feel a lot of the side effects if you took a multivitamin tablet along with this and also I almost drink 5Litres of water every day.

I plan to do this on and off every alternate days ensuring I take it on the workout days. I will keep you posted. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Thanks
    Vignesh
    Last edited by vignesh3072; 04-10-2007 at 01:59 AM.