Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got some deadlifts in today!

Squats: Barx8, Barx8, 135x5, 185x3, 225x3, 285x2, 300x1, 315x0, 295x1, 295x1, 295x1, 295x1 (attempted 2, failed second)

FOLLOWED BY...

Deadlifts: 225x5, 315x3, 365x1, 405x2, 405x1 (held for 20 seconds), 405x1 (held for 15 seconds)

I ripped my hand open again. Need to get some super glue so this stops happening, considering I've got a callous under a blister under a broken blister. LOL
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Serious. I'm kind of sick of misc, but here's my current "issue"...

I met this very cute girl while I was out clubbing that I felt some chemistry with, and she was with a group of friends. We talked for a bit, but then I gave her her space since she was celebrating her friend's birthday. I got her number earlier on, and sent her a text after we separated telling her to have a great night and to tell her friend happy birthday from me...

She was like "hang out soon! xoxoxo"

I responded "Yesss! Have fun."

I ended up running into her again when she was leaving, and she hugged me and said "It was really nice meeting you. Text me."

Five minutes later, I get a text: "hit me up. soon."

I ended up texting her and asking if she had plans for yesterday, and she said "not yetttt" so I said that we should do something if we're both free. Yesterday rolled around, and she had friends visiting from out of town. No biggie. I told her to let me know if she's free this weekend, and that I might be staying with my friend in Miami.

She was like "ok ", and later on I sent her a message when I was heading to the beach saying that it's too bad that she can't make it with a wink...

I really don't want to come across as needy here, but I'm completely new to this area and really don't know anyone... I'd love to entertain myself with friends and all, but I can't really play off the detached and somewhat mysterious person I usually am with girls given my lack of a social network at the moment.

Advice? I'd like to call her and set something up for tonight, but my 3 AM "you up?" text message didn't get a response and neither did the beach comment. Like I said, I don't want to be perceived as needy by contacting her a third time after two no responses, despite the two things I sent being things that don't necessarily need a response...

****!

Should I just go pump for two hours and come back with my natural high and call her? Probably going to do that.

Where did my balls go?

Also:

Leg death, or shoulder day despite sore shoulders (legs are sore from lots of biking over the past few days, too)??? Could also go for a deadlift marathon, though I'm still sore there too.

Update:
    Called said girl pre-workout. No reply. Left a voicemail saying that I just wanted to see what's up, and said "text me when you get this."

No text. No response. Why do people lead others on like this? Giving this one more day until I deem her a **** that's not worth my time.
    Def. don't reply anymore. It will come off as clingy for sure.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Serious. I'm kind of sick of misc, but here's my current "issue"...

I met this very cute girl while I was out clubbing that I felt some chemistry with, and she was with a group of friends. We talked for a bit, but then I gave her her space since she was celebrating her friend's birthday. I got her number earlier on, and sent her a text after we separated telling her to have a great night and to tell her friend happy birthday from me...

She was like "hang out soon! xoxoxo"

I responded "Yesss! Have fun."

I ended up running into her again when she was leaving, and she hugged me and said "It was really nice meeting you. Text me."

Five minutes later, I get a text: "hit me up. soon."

I ended up texting her and asking if she had plans for yesterday, and she said "not yetttt" so I said that we should do something if we're both free. Yesterday rolled around, and she had friends visiting from out of town. No biggie. I told her to let me know if she's free this weekend, and that I might be staying with my friend in Miami.

She was like "ok ", and later on I sent her a message when I was heading to the beach saying that it's too bad that she can't make it with a wink...

I really don't want to come across as needy here, but I'm completely new to this area and really don't know anyone... I'd love to entertain myself with friends and all, but I can't really play off the detached and somewhat mysterious person I usually am with girls given my lack of a social network at the moment.

Advice? I'd like to call her and set something up for tonight, but my 3 AM "you up?" text message didn't get a response and neither did the beach comment. Like I said, I don't want to be perceived as needy by contacting her a third time after two no responses, despite the two things I sent being things that don't necessarily need a response...

****!

Should I just go pump for two hours and come back with my natural high and call her? Probably going to do that.

Where did my balls go?

Also:

Leg death, or shoulder day despite sore shoulders (legs are sore from lots of biking over the past few days, too)??? Could also go for a deadlift marathon, though I'm still sore there too.

Update:
    Called said girl pre-workout. No reply. Left a voicemail saying that I just wanted to see what's up, and said "text me when you get this."

No text. No response. Why do people lead others on like this? Giving this one more day until I deem her a **** that's not worth my time.

Ok, first stop contacting her for the next 5 days.. see what happens..
    1 of 2 things will occur.

1: She will notice your not initiating anything and she may perceive this to you not being interested in her anymore.. RESULT. She may contact you and want to get your attention because she now realises your a young man with plenty of options..

2: You dont contact her for those days and she will be like ''ok his over me now'' good.
    Maybe she didnt like you the way you liked her and she was being polite which is why she was replying.. let me guess did she ever text you.. no it was you texting her..

Thats my opinion. But son dont worry about girls lol. Worry about increasing your 400 and something deadlift
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MotherSuperior is banned FUUUUUUUUUU!! He was a funny fuk. I think he walked straight into the lions den..
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Update:

hehe. Calm down bro. Women do this. You or I, or indeed every man will NEVER know what the fuck goes through a woman's mind apart from shoes.

We've all been there. There could be a million reasons why she hasn't text back. Hell, maybe shes just outta credit.

Dont call or text again. Wimmenz are funny about over texting. They read waaaaay too much into shit like that. The fact that shes not texting back just makes you want her all the more . I'd def give t a few days. Play the cool card.

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    MotherSuperior is banned FUUUUUUUUUU!! He was a funny fuk. I think he walked straight into the lions den..
    Yeah, check out the Rant thread. He basically asked for it with scott_donald. Was only a matter of time. He tried the same thing with dom a while back but dom didn't bother buying it.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Ok, first stop contacting her for the next 5 days.. see what happens..
    1 of 2 things will occur.

1: She will notice your not initiating anything and she may perceive this to you not being interested in her anymore.. RESULT. She may contact you and want to get your attention because she now realises your a young man with plenty of options..

2: You dont contact her for those days and she will be like ''ok his over me now'' good.
    Maybe she didnt like you the way you liked her and she was being polite which is why she was replying.. let me guess did she ever text you.. no it was you texting her..

Thats my opinion. But son dont worry about girls lol. Worry about increasing your 400 and something deadlift
    Well that's the thing - she was initiating all the texts the night that we met, and mentioned "text me" or "we need to hang out soon!" at least four times. It's no big deal, and I'm going to ignore her. I just needed to vent.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:

Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is this a dead lifting thread or an episode of Dr phil?
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703993

Originally Posted by jrahe42 View Post
    is this a dead lifting thread or an episode of dr phil?
    ahhahahahhha
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Todays deads boy:

225x6
    275x6
    325x3
    355x1
    355x1

My grip strength is slowly catching up to what the rest of me can pull. good to be off deload too
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    is this a dead lifting thread or an episode of Dr phil?
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1068394/

Video log:

Today was shoulders day, but I threw in a few sets of deadlifts after my clean and presses.

315x3, 365x2, 405x2. All without a belt - felt great, and was fast off the floor. My deadlifts have gotten a lot quicker ever since I started cleaning regularly.

Video log:

IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

UPDATE: 6/13/10 Lifts

Got 460 for 4 and 500 for 2 +1 rep hitched.

I am working on taking the rounding out of my back, that is why everything is from the side/

Originally Posted by IITUFFTOBEATII View Post

I am working on taking the rounding out of my back, that is why everything is from the side
    Nice pulls!

Video log:

Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today was shoulders day, but I threw in a few sets of deadlifts after my clean and presses.

315x3, 365x2, 405x2. All without a belt - felt great, and was fast off the floor. My deadlifts have gotten a lot quicker ever since I started cleaning regularly.

that really helps huh?
    Journal:

that really helps huh?
    lmao!

Video log:

matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

I am working on taking the rounding out of my back, that is why everything is from the side/

[youtube]6RXhCHQjVlQ[/ youtube]

[youtube]D40XAVOBzX8[/ youtube]
    Awesome stuff man.

Not much rounding I could see.

Is that your own home gym? Looks kinda small to be a public gym.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Nice man. great stuff/

that really helps huh?
    Lulz J.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IITUFFTOBEATII is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    Awesome stuff man.

Not much rounding I could see.

Is that your own home gym? Looks kinda small to be a public gym.
    It's the gym where I work.

I get to go to Gold's Gym tomorrow for my week trial! So pumped.

Those 150 pound dumbbells might actually get used! I want to be rowing them by the end of summer.

Video log:

Guess what? Gold's Gym in Fort Lauderdale DOESN'T HAVE A POWER RACK. WHAT THE ****?!

And they don't allow chalk, either...

Video log:

your not having much luck these days music man!

failed at a 465 dead lift today. feels bad, but the best part about failing is i just want to succeed even more now.
    Journal:

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz

dont know if it really matters but watch out for looking up like that. i keep hearing horror stories of people hyperextending their neck

not really, and great lift breh, only 145lbs(raw) til i catch up.
    Last edited by 400Lb Gorilla; 06-17-2010 at 07:05 AM.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

failed at a 465 dead lift today. feels bad, but the best part about failing is i just want to succeed even more now.
    Feels bad man. i have been there done that, but it really makes you feel shi.t
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Threw some light deads into my full body mid-deload. I was supposed to take a week off but I just decided to hit the gym and I hit it hard. I got a couple squat PRs 365x5 and then 2 sets of 385x2. ExRx 1RM calc says my max is now just over 405. I'll go for it next week. Did some DB Rows 3 sets of 120x6 with the fattest grips I've ever held on a DB and then I did 3 sets of 315x5 with short rest and as explosive as I could. Throw in some bench and some SohP in there and you got my random full body mid-deload workout.

Nice lifts man. I'm going to catch you. And soon. Just decided lol.

Guess what? Gold's Gym in Fort Lauderdale DOESN'T HAVE A POWER RACK. WHAT THE ****?!

And they don't allow chalk, either...
    That sucks. That really sucks. What are you gonna do now?
    Planted like a tree beside the river of truth.

Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post
    That sucks. That really sucks. What are you gonna do now?
    I found another gym that allows chalk and still doesn't have a power rack for squatting, but at least they don't mind powerlifting. There is an overhead press cage that I can use, though... I just have to fall backwards if I fail at a squat.

I'm copy/pasting this from my log, since it's too good not to share:

I had the most amazing experience today!

"Chest" day:

Clean and push press: 45x8, 95x5, 115x1, 135x1, 145x1, 155x0 (ended up doing two sets of three partial reps)

Bench press: 135x5, 185x3, 210x4, 215x4, 225x0 (the presses really wore me out)

Deadlifts: 225x5, 315x4, 405x1, 435xfail

I went to the gym an hour after waking up, and wasn't feeling too with it as far as strength goes. What followed, however, is probably going to be one of the best things that happened to me all summer.

I saw some guy deadlifting 5 plates, and walked by him and said "cheers." We started talking, and it turns out that he used to be the third top powerlifter in the world (at 53, he still pulled 550 like it was nothing). I spent about an hour and a half talking to him, and he invited me to train with him. I found out that he's also a third-degree black belt in jiu-jitsu, and he invited me to train tomorrow morning.

Gotta get up bright and early to get my ass beat at 8:30 AM! So excited.

Video log:

there was a guy at my old gym that set a record at a meet for 21 year olds. he dead lifted 765. idk how much he weighed back than but now hes 23 and is easily 250+ seeing as hes 6ft3ish and bulky. I use to watch him rack pull 7 plates for reps
    Journal:

there was a guy at my old gym that set a record at a meet for 21 year olds. he dead lifted 765. idk how much he weighed back than but now hes 23 and is easily 250+ seeing as hes 6ft3ish and bulky. I use to watch him rack pull 7 plates for reps
    Insane!

This guy said he peaked at 42, at which point he was squatting 765+, deadlifting 765+, and benching 460+ in the 100 kg weight class.

Video log:

wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Deadlift day today!

Going for 430x5. Shouldn't be a problem.. i'll record it again and post it here

yeaaaaa budddddy
    My Madcow Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136450181