Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ivankannan View Post
    My dear friend Victor - the problem is with your motivation level. Keep your chin up, eat and eat some more and you will be fine.

I am an asian too and just like the way you said, my parents are thin and they never lifted. I went to gym irregularly for two years and nothing happened. Instead I put on some fat. I thought that's it, I can't grow, its written down in the genes.

Some time back, I thought enough was enough and I read through Vince Delmonte's scheme. That was a major motivational booster. I realized I haven't been eating well. Since then I have upped my calories level and I eat lot. Even though I am not entirely sure how much muscles I have put than fat, I think I am growing. Everytime I go to the gym, I can lift more than I did last time and that motivates me. At least I am gaining strength.

Vince says there is no such thing as a hardgainer. Its just that people don't eat properly. People blame it on genes and that he calls is stupid. Even though I am not debating this, I told to myself I am not a hardgainer. I eat, I grow. I saw some before and after pics of an asian guy and I was sure I can make it.

So even if I am in this to lose, I will give it a fight.

Reset everything and start afresh. You can make it.
    Thanks man.

victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nefariousx1 View Post
    I guess you have never seen a sumo wrestler? Look at asian sumo wrestlers Op they may ridic fat but in retrospect they have an extreme amount of muscle probably more that alot of top bodybuilders. I know they are a very very low percentage but they eat their a$$ off and they get big and strong from it.
    I agree, sumo wrestlers are huge as hell because they eat their ass off haha.........oh wait I just solved my own problem lol.

adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adrewl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Asians in my gym are pretty friggin big. Though for some reason i havent seen one that is big and ripped, just beefy.

My weight changes frequently. I think my peak if i eat regularly is around 147-150... might be a genetic thing. i consume about not sure... a typical day goes like this

oatmeal eggs
    panini sandwich
    afternoon subways or panini again
    and then fuken rice.(a bowl approximately)
    then ****load of vegetables. LIKE ****LOAD. Not to the point where it makes ur doodle turn green, but you know a good amount.

i have much to learn.

Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yawnie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think its apples and oranges man, asians are IN GENERAL, more slightly built than some other nationalities, but the positive of that is that it is sometimes easier to stay thin, which can be a help if u want to cut?

AznBoi817 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile hmmm... i started off 162lbs, i am now 186lbs and its been a little over 6months.

This is what I did, I multiply my weight by 20 and that's how much calories I have to eat a day and I split them up to 6 evenly meals. I eat every 3 hours as well... I am Asian and we do eat a lot of rice, we that gotta stop. Wanna gain weight? Eat like American do. Asian foods aren't as fatty... and it hard to count the calories in our food. Just eat eat eat! And take protein 1g per body weight. Keep track of your strength using notepad and keep your reps between 12-10-6. Learn how to perform correctly. Bodybuilding is a hard sport, you just gotta do it correctly. How fast does muscles grow? Well its slowwww.... you'll gain 5-10lbs per year but imagine 6 years from now, you'll gain 30-60lbs of solid muscles! Just keep at it and remember eat, eat, EAT! Goodluck!

AznBoi817 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What to eat?

I almost forgot to tell you that chicken breast is cheap and has 23g of protein, take it with your protein shake! And add in like brown rice, broccoli, 2 teaspoon of peanut butter, 6 egg whites and 2 whole w/yoke. Hope this gives you a example brah! GL!

Originally Posted by AznBoi817 View Post
    This is what I did, I multiply my weight by 20 and that's how much calories I have to eat a day and I split them up to 6 evenly meals. I eat every 3 hours as well... I am Asian and we do eat a lot of rice, we that gotta stop. Wanna gain weight? Eat like American do. Asian foods aren't as fatty... and it hard to count the calories in our food. Just eat eat eat! And take protein 1g per body weight. Keep track of your strength using notepad and keep your reps between 12-10-6. Learn how to perform correctly. Bodybuilding is a hard sport, you just gotta do it correctly. How fast does muscles grow? Well its slowwww.... you'll gain 5-10lbs per year but imagine 6 years from now, you'll gain 30-60lbs of solid muscles! Just keep at it and remember eat, eat, EAT! Goodluck!

peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AznBoi817 View Post
    I almost forgot to tell you that chicken breast is cheap and has 23g of protein, take it with your protein shake! And add in like brown rice, broccoli, 2 teaspoon of peanut butter, 6 egg whites and 2 whole w/yoke. Hope this gives you a example brah! GL!
    Or:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

Nice bump btw.

DracoUltima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Asians (in general) are naturally smaller compared to other races. It really ticks me off when someone says that it's just because I'm not lifting and eating enough. Well, that's easy for them to say, since they can put on mass so quickly. Stereotypically, Asians ate rice and vegetables with little to no meat and did not require much muscle to survive back then. As for black people, they HAD to be muscular to survive. Slave owners would pick their biggest men to breed with the biggest women to get the good muscle building genes. Selective breeding. So while it is harder (sometimes MUCH harder) for Asians to gain muscle, anyone can do it. The human body was programmed to be able to build muscle. It's about how much dedication you're willing to put into it. And besides, if you do manage to get buff and you're Asian, you'll stand out amongst all the other Asians. How about that?