Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Xtreme Formulations UP Whey - Arctic Lemonade

First off, biiiiiiig thanks to Illa for sending me a couple scoops. But I was pretty sure I wanted this, so before Illa even hit me with those, I had a tub on the way

The coolest part was that Bob (Layzie) offered to put up the cash for it since I was(am) broke. However, he didn't go away empty handed... instead I'm sending him a 5lb of Peanut Butter Chocolate Isoflex to show my graditude. That's how much this XF Whey means to me.

But now, on to the review....

XTREME FORMULATIONS - ARCTIC LEMONADE

NUTRITIONAL PROFILE

Unless you're shopping for an isolate, it doesn't get much better than this - 2 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbohydrates and 23 grams of quality (WPI/WPC) protein per serving. Another plus is the lack of sketchy sweeteners. No complaints here.

MIXABILITY

I like my shakes on the thicker side, which can often lead to chunkiness, but that was not an issue with the XF Whey. I was able to get a consistency I liked even with just a cup and spoon. The foam was a bit of a surprise, but that just added to the ambiance, which sadly most supplement companies overlook.

COST

I think we can all admit we've paid at least $35 for a less than satisfying whey, so to get something of this quality for around $.50 per serving is very nice...it's cheaper than tuna (and won't make you smelly).

TASTE - IN WATER

As I was mixing this up, I remembered that I don't really like Lemonade, despite being enamored with the Raspberry Lemonade Cytofuse. I tried not to let that bother me as I dug in. The flavor is very strong, and it definitely tastes like lemonade...you could probably fool your mother with this stuff, it's like homemade. What I didn't like is that I couldn't taste any raspberry, which was disappointing. However, you'll note that the flavor IS called Arctic Lemonade, not Raspberry Lemonade. So if you're expecting Cytofuse, get Cytofuse. That's not to say this isn't good though.

TASTE - WITH RASPBERRY CRYSTAL LIGHT

As wrong as it felt to try to enhance an XF product, I decided to see what would happen if I threw some Raspberry Crystal Light in there. In addition to turning this extremely red (I think they need to go easier on the dyes), this tasted very similar to Cytofuse...the Lemonade flavor was bold enough to stand out and worked well with the Raspberry.

TASTE - WITH COTTAGE CHEESE

Yes, I realize this sounds absolutely disgusting. However, this may be my favorite way so far of enjoying this. The milkiness of the cottage cheese works extremely well and this tasted like an epic Lemon Pudding...if XF did blind taste tests between this and Jello pudding, it would be the whey hands down.

I'll update with more concoctions once I dream them up.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

Watchout ur comments bro^ FLPump's Avatar
    FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FLPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nice review! I havent tried this flavor yet...the mocha was great though. This will be the next one I try.
    **Dirty South Crew**
    *Florida Gators Crew*
    ~Walk like I was anally raped the day after leg day crew~

NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    I rep back (PM if I forget)

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your my boy Brian, and I apprecaite you throwing up this Review.. trying making some lemonade smoothies with bananas.

soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FLPump View Post
    nice review! I havent tried this flavor yet...the mocha was great though. This will be the next one I try.
    To each his own...I didn't like Mocha but I am not a coffee drinker. But what I noticed with the Mocha and this is that the flavor is EXACTLY what the label says. I don't know how Dave does it but he nails the flavoring for each one.

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Your my boy Brian, and I apprecaite you throwing up this Review.. trying making some lemonade smoothies with bananas.
    Can't thank you enough man - I'm thinking something like a Lemon Ice would be great with this.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Good lookin out Brian. The cottage cheese is a crazy idea, but i am glad it suited you well. You know what i am pushin Dave towards next: Blueberry

Bob-O, appreciate you grabbing that for him, that was def a stand-up move worth of applause
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    Good lookin out Brian. The cottage cheese is a crazy idea, but i am glad it suited you well. You know what i am pushin Dave towards next: Blueberry

Bob-O, appreciate you grabbing that for him, that was def a stand-up move worth of applause
    If you get that Blueberry going I will be in heaven...although I can't wait to see the Watermelon and PB.

And I think this definitely sealed Bob's good bro status.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by soundcheck129 View Post

Can't thank you enough man - I'm thinking something like a Lemon Ice would be great with this.
    Man .. Mocha ROCKS! if you have any you do not want, send it to me, ill paypal you instantly.

Your a good bro,
    you work for a great company, and dave is a standup guy. XF has nothing but respect from me.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fix the foam and this is 100% win. I don't think anyone can possibly explain just how much foam this stuff makes. That said, once the foam is gone.... holy god this is great stuff. I don't think I've ever looked forward to drinking protein this much. I'd drink it if it was just a regular beverage, without the protein. How many protein flavors can you say that about?

I'd kill for some cherry or fruit punch now! Imagine mixing a bit of cherry with the lemon... mmmmm.

Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good stuff dude. Solid review.

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    Fix the foam and this is 100% win. I don't think anyone can possibly explain just how much foam this stuff makes. That said, once the foam is gone.... holy god this is great stuff. I don't think I've ever looked forward to drinking protein this much. I'd drink it if it was just a regular beverage, without the protein. How many protein flavors can you say that about?

I'd kill for some cherry or fruit punch now! Imagine mixing a bit of cherry with the lemon... mmmmm.
    I really don't think the foam is that big of a deal. It doesn't interfere with the taste at all...and I agree, this would be worth it even without the protein. But I'll take it

Originally Posted by Team Punishment View Post
    good stuff dude. Solid review.
    Thanks.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I really don't think the foam is that big of a deal. It doesn't interfere with the taste at all

The foam is a killer for me. I really can't even drink it with the foam. I have to wait for it to die down... or mix it in a way to minimize the foam. But then I'm really picky about foam on all proteins. In some cases foam has come close to making me hurl when drinking it... this isn't quite that bad but it ruins the taste a bit for me.

I think the problem with the foam is that when I'm drinking something flavored like lemonade I want it to be smooth and thin like lemonade... lemoade flavored foam... not very appetizing to me.

But like I said, the flavor is good enough that I can put up with it... I just will go through it a bit slower. Once the foam problem is sorted out I'll be buying boatloads of it.

TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TASTE - IN WATER
    What I didn't like is that I couldn't taste any raspberry, which was disappointing. However, you'll note that the flavor IS called Arctic Lemonade, not Raspberry Lemonade. So if you're expecting Cytofuse, get Cytofuse. That's not to say this isn't good though.
    But..... Illa told me it was ras lemonade Still want to try regardless
    Betancourt Nutrition Representative

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcour/bcourt.htm

Originally Posted by TTewell View Post

It's def not ras lemonade. I don't taste the raspberry at all anyhow. But that's good because I like plain old lemonade and this stuff hits the spot perfectly!

Originally Posted by TTewell View Post
    I was under the same impression. But it is an excellent lemonade flavor, you can always toss in some berries or jello mix if you want.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

mastapro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastapro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastapro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    where can you even buy this? also, does this only come in 10lbers? if so, i'm willing to put up like 5$ if someone can just get me like 4 scoops of this.. (i don't wanna be stuck with a 10lber if i dont like it)

TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mastapro View Post
    where can you even buy this? also, does this only come in 10lbers? if so, i'm willing to put up like 5$ if someone can just get me like 4 scoops of this.. (i don't wanna be stuck with a 10lber if i dont like it)
    Black Star Labs. It comes in 5 lbers
    Betancourt Nutrition Representative

http://www.betancourtnutrition.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcour/bcourt.htm

Originally Posted by mastapro View Post

If you like lemonade and lemon tasting products you will like it. But you're not gonna find this in anything smaller than 5lb tubs. Don't think there are plans for 2lb'ers even.

So, after figuring out how good this could taste in a creamy, pudding-like way, I decided to kick it up a notch.

TASTE - IN CHEESECAKE

As you can see from the picture, this was so good that I couldn't resist downing a piece before snapping a shot of it. Delicious, the flavor was bold and stood out, worked very well with the raspberries and whipped cream. A lot of wheys tend to lose their flavor when incorporated into recipes, but the UP Whey made this taste great. Brb, getting thirds
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

So, after figuring out how good this could taste in a creamy, pudding-like way, I decided to kick it up a notch.

TASTE - IN CHEESECAKE

As you can see from the picture, this was so good that I couldn't resist downing a piece before snapping a shot of it. Delicious, the flavor was bold and stood out, worked very well with the raspberries and whipped cream. A lot of wheys tend to lose their flavor when incorporated into recipes, but the UP Whey made this taste great. Brb, getting thirds
    I just came!

Twice

Don't make fun of me for it

B, that really looks good. Purts andd I need to put together a recipe thread for XF and rep all the contributors
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

B, that really looks good. Purts andd I need to put together a recipe thread for XF and rep all the contributors
    If you need some ideas with UP 2.0 or XF whey i would be glad to contribute the massive amounts of protein recipes i could make

I just came!

Twice

Don't make fun of me for it

It's ok Josh, I had to bake this without pants...and let's just say my apron will be in the wash for a while.

An epic XF recipe book would be money, I bet you'd have a lot of willing contributors. And taste testers
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

mastapro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastapro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mastapro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok i'll get a 5lb.. when is this available again

Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shabang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That looks f****** good!

purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That cheesecake up there looks freaking delicious.

Post your pictures/recipes in that thread if you feel like sharing. It will probably get more views... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112503161

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shabang View Post
    That looks f****** good!
    Haha it is bro belive me.

Originally Posted by purts View Post
    That cheesecake up there looks freaking delicious.

Post your pictures/recipes in that thread if you feel like sharing. It will probably get more views... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112503161

Thank you!
    That thread is like the Holy Grail
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

A little more traditional this time:

TASTE - IN OATS

A classic combo here, if you haven't mixed oats and whey then you probably haven't been around BB.com very long. The texture was very cakey, and the flavor was toned down again and tasted much more like lemon pudding or cobbler than lemonade. Again, no sign of the raspberry flavor (except for the actual raspberries, which was a nice touch of flavor). I'll definitely be doing this again. The flavor seemed to stand up to the mixing more than a lot of other wheys I've done this with.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000) JPTuning is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great review, mine came in a couple of days ago and I'll probably never drink anything else as long as they keep it on the market. Everything is perfect .. except for the foam when mixing, did you have any issues with this? I've tried a shaker bottle & blender, the foam completely filled my blender to the top. I let it sit, went down a little but still a lot. Not sure if there is anything I can do to stop the foam but it deff. won't turn me away from XF, amazing product!

Originally Posted by JPTuning View Post
    Great review, mine came in a couple of days ago and I'll probably never drink anything else as long as they keep it on the market. Everything is perfect .. except for the foam when mixing, did you have any issues with this? I've tried a shaker bottle & blender, the foam completely filled my blender to the top. I let it sit, went down a little but still a lot. Not sure if there is anything I can do to stop the foam but it deff. won't turn me away from XF, amazing product!
    If you let it sit long enough the foam will fanish.

I actually use my blender at the slowest setting and let it go for 15 seconds or so. Then poor it into a cup and stick it in the fridge. I get it 10-15 minutes later and most of the foam is gone.

The foam actually will fanish quicker when not in the fridge... so try making it with a bit less water then when the foam goes down throw 2-3 ice cubes in and enjoy ice cold lemonade!

Originally Posted by JPTuning View Post
    Thanks man. This is a great product indeed, very versatile.

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    If you let it sit long enough the foam will fanish.

I actually use my blender at the slowest setting and let it go for 15 seconds or so. Then poor it into a cup and stick it in the fridge. I get it 10-15 minutes later and most of the foam is gone.

The foam actually will fanish quicker when not in the fridge... so try making it with a bit less water then when the foam goes down throw 2-3 ice cubes in and enjoy ice cold lemonade!
    Mixing it slowly and using less water does keep the foam down. And if you mix it in with other things like oats it won't foam at all.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

So I guess the question becomes, when will more be in stock... and I believe I saw some anti-foaming stuff was going to be added to a future batch. Did that make it into the next batch or is it one batch away still?