dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)

Ideas for homemade reverse hyper bench

I want to make a reverse hyper extension bench. I dont have 2K dollars for one so I want to build one. I was going to buy a bunch of 2X4s and one long piece of wood to cover the top. Would that work??

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=reverse+hyper

I want to make this.

But I cant weld so all I can do is use wood. So for the pendelum I would have a wood piece with wood holding the plates. I already have reverse hyper straps.

Is that plausible two make with to men and only wood, a hammer, drill, and screws???

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dolphinsfan270 View Post
    I want to make a reverse hyper extension bench. I dont have 2K dollars for one so I want to build one. I was going to buy a bunch of 2X4s and one long piece of wood to cover the top. Would that work??

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=reverse+hyper

I want to make this.

But I cant weld so all I can do is use wood. So for the pendelum I would have a wood piece with wood holding the plates. I already have reverse hyper straps.

Is that plausible two make with to men and only wood, a hammer, drill, and screws???
    IMO it's a solid design. I plan on building one like it when I get the space.

You will have to use some form of metal for at least the axle though if you plan on loading it with any sort of decent weight, don't go trying to use wood for that!
    Last edited by Essexlad; 05-26-2009 at 06:33 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    IMO it's a solid design. I plan on building one like it when I get the space.

You will have to use some form of metal for at least the axle though if you plan on loading it with any sort of decent weight, don't go trying to use wood for that!
    Ok thanks for the tips. I repped you

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    THere is a site with home made equipment that made a wooden and pipe reverse hyper attachment for a rack. I'll see if I can dig it up. THey used plywood, and plumbing fittings to make one.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Found the link.

It should be pretty easy to build the bench.

The best thing on this site is how they hung the weights.

http://www.geocities.com/fightrainin...ehyrevised.htm

Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That standalone RH looks amazing. You could easily get away with Pipe nipples and flanges and the such for the metal swing bar. Little bit of grease on the crossbar and a somewhat close fitting outer pipe and you have a nice little diddy.

I'm planning on making this same piece in the coming weeks, does anyone have a clue as to what height and width this should be? I figured 4-5 feet high and 3-4 feet wide, but I literally have no first hand experience to base it off of.

Get on youtube and watch a few videos 4-5' would be way way high. It only needs to be a bit over waist high to work.

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^ agreed.

If you look at the picture;

From the size of an average 45lb plate, that one is between 3 and 4ft tall. maybe 3ft wide. And the guy who built it is 6' 1, and he said it worked perfectly.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22