Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cottage cheese

kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cottage cheese

i just purchased some cottage cheese but i dont know how to use it in foods etc. has anyone got any recipes or their favourite meals that they use cottage cheese in? thanks!

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I usually just eat it plain. Or maybe with a little pepper. I have mixed it with some Tabasco / Red-Hot sauce and that wasn't bad. It seems to pretty much pick up the flavor of anything you mix it with.

My wife likes mixing it with Peanut Butter...or using it on a potato instead of sour cream (but she's funny that way).

Does that help?
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100) DFW Guy is not very well liked. (-100)
    with fresh berries or granola.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kim4fitness View Post
    i just purchased some cottage cheese but i dont know how to use it in foods etc. has anyone got any recipes or their favourite meals that they use cottage cheese in? thanks!
    i like to add a cubed apple, some cinnamon and a couple of sugar substitute packets. i will also sometimes break up a few rice cakes over the top.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50) LogPressing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just add a little pepper and eat it that way too.

It's pretty good with canned peaches too, but that's not on the diet.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Plain, eating a bowl right now before hitting the hay.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cottage Cheese +:
    honey + cinnamon
    tuna
    apples
    on whole wheat toast
    as a side dish with your steak + a tomato
    almonds
    Blueberries
    Peanut butter

bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50) bilnv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I add 10 grams banana protein powder to mine. I can't stand it plain.
    Journal @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=681128

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We mix it with some chopped parsley and some ground pepper and some milk to dilute it to make it as a salad dressing.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I eat it as desert quite often. Put some grapes or berries on top and sprinkle on some cinnamon.

kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies guys. will have to try some of these. yum!

halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I spread in on some crisp bread and add something for taste like capers or gerkin or olive etc

Try a Google Image search for "crisp bread and cottage cheese"
    http://images.google.co.jp/images?hl...cottage+cheese

Also here's how to create your own cottage cheese
    http://www.nibbledish.com/people/Enc...cottage-cheese

Also Eggs with spinach and cottage cheese
    http://www.nibbledish.com/people/jua...ch-and-cottage
    Last edited by halogenic; 05-25-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try adding a little all-fruit (no sugar) jam.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like it with some almonds and lately I've been mixing a little peanut butter in with it too and that tastes good to me. It's the first and last thing I eat every day and no complaints so far.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I usually buy it then put it in the fridge.

Every few days I look at it and think I should eat it but hate the taste.

then I leave it in there until it expires then throw it away.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10) elzool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1 Serving CC
    1 Serving Nat PB
    1 Serving Almond Butter
    1 Serving Flax Oil
    1 Serving Sugar Free Strawberry Jam

=YUM

AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50) AFChief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    I usually buy it then put it in the fridge.

Every few days I look at it and think I should eat it but hate the taste.

then I leave it in there until it expires then throw it away.
    yeah, thats my routine

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some chopped walnuts and chives are quite tasty.

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One thing I have found is that cottage cheese varies a great deal from brand to and some of the most expensive brand names taste like crap to me.

Lately I like Winn Dixie regular large curd with a half cup of frozen (almost thawed) mixed berries or with a teaspoon of olive oil based salad dressing.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I eat it plain or mix it in things. It goes good with about anything like spaghetti, beans/rice, eggs, etc...
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) X-ring is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Add 1/2 pkg of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing w/ some chopped onion. Makes a good dip for baked taters, warm french bread. Yes, I know it's not healthy!!!!!
    Sheepdog#47
    ★cVc★
    Panama
    OIFx3
    OEF

dmvx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cottage cheese (rinsed) with fresh fruit (especially berries, cherries) and some oats for breakfast. Or thrown into a blender with my protein shake!

BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10) BuffDad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lot of great ideas in this thread so I summarized them below and added a suggestion to the top of the list.

- 1 Cup CC with grapes, peaches and a small scoop of light cream

- I usually just eat it plain. Or maybe with a little pepper. I have mixed it with some Tabasco / Red-Hot sauce and that wasn't bad. It seems to pretty much pick up the flavor of anything you mix it with.

- My wife likes mixing it with Peanut Butter...or using it on a potato instead of sour cream (but she's funny that way).

- with fresh berries or granola.

- eat it plain or with a little pepper.

- mixing it with Peanut Butter

- i like to add a cubed apple, some cinnamon and a couple of sugar substitute packets. i will also sometimes break up a few rice cakes over the top.

- It's pretty good with canned peaches too

- Cottage Cheese +: honey + cinnamon tuna apples on whole wheat toast as a side dish with your steak + a tomato almonds Blueberries Peanut butter

- mix in some Salsa and eat it with chips

- I add 10 grams banana protein powder to mine. I can't stand it plain.

- We mix it with some chopped parsley and some ground pepper and some milk to dilute it to make it as a salad dressing.

- I eat it as desert quite often. Put some grapes or berries on top and sprinkle on some cinnamon.

- I spread in on some crisp bread and add something for taste like capers or gerkin or olive etc

- Try adding a little all-fruit (no sugar) jam.

- I like it with some almonds and lately I've been mixing a little peanut butter in with it too and that tastes good to me.

- 1 Serving CC 1 Serving Nat PB 1 Serving Almond Butter 1 Serving Flax Oil 1 Serving Sugar Free Strawberry Jam =YUM

- Some chopped walnuts and chives are quite tasty.

- half cup of frozen (almost thawed) mixed berries or with a teaspoon of olive oil based salad dressing.

- It goes good with about anything like spaghetti, beans/rice, eggs, etc...

- Add 1/2 pkg of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing w/ some chopped onion. Makes a good dip for baked taters, warm french bread. Yes, I know it's not healthy!!!!!

- Cottage cheese (rinsed) with fresh fruit (especially berries, cherries) and some oats for breakfast. Or thrown into a blender with my protein shake!

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    i like to add a cubed apple, some cinnamon and a couple of sugar substitute packets. i will also sometimes break up a few rice cakes over the top.
    This sounds freaking aweome!! Going to add this to the menu!!
    I'm a sad little man

thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried a little maple syrup yesterday and liked it a lot.

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dmvx4 View Post
    Cottage cheese (rinsed) with fresh fruit (especially berries, cherries) and some oats for breakfast. Or thrown into a blender with my protein shake!
    Just curious, why rinsed?
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread made me eat 1/2 cup or so right out of the container - yum

Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jtroster View Post
    Try adding a little all-fruit (no sugar) jam.
    Same.

I'll also dice up some canned pineapple.
    "Never let weakness convince you that you lack strength" -

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like to mix it with sugar free jello or yogurt.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink My favorite is

mixed with a bit of ff/sf pudding, a bit of water and some protein powder. For example: chocolate cheesecake (this is one I believe I found on this site's recipes) 1c ff cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 TBSP ff/sf pudding mix and then enough water to make it blend. I also did a search on Google that brought up a zillion recipes for bodybuilders to use.