OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000)

I've been asked to compete !!! - will I be humilated?

Hi guys,

well this came out of left field, this morning while I was training with my trainer.... and feeling pretty pumped.... he stands back looks me up and down and says " You know, I think you should compete, you'd place pretty well....I could have you competition ready by March" ..... what the ...???!!! ..... the thought had never crossed my mind but he's got me wondering now....could I do it....am I really good enough.... in my mind I'm still that skinny kid from years ago.... fairly small guy, still only weigh 158lbs..... there's lots of bigger more ripped guys than me around....

so what should I do.....could I be setting myself up for the ultimate humiliating experience.... I'm about to turn 47, who would have thought.....

but one thought immediately crossed my mind when he suggested it... I've got my 30 year high school reunion next year.... havent seen any of them since I was that skinny 17 year old kid...... wouldn't that knock their socks off......

hmmm, I dunno..... I need some encouragement guys....

OZBB

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kinda hard to tell without pics....
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyingDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go for it! although I think you could get a lot of useful insight here if you had some pics. But if your trainer thinks you can do it give it a shot it would be a tremendous experience.
    Live Free or Die!

That what does not kill you, will make you stronger.

blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, it's REALLY hard to tell without pics!!!

Peace...
    God is always with me and I'll never give up...

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go to a local contest. Sneak backstage while the competitors are preping to go on stage. Visit with the athletes. Smell the tanning creams and baby oil. While in the audience watch the athletes and rate them. critique their posing. Site, sound and smell. If you don't come away somewhat jazzed up then do not compete. It's not in your genes.

OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I havent got any recent pics, but my trainer said he'd take some in the next week or so.... he's also setting up a web site for his business and asked me if I could be one of his "before & after" shots..... so I've got pics coming.... if I do it, I know I'm going to have to get my diet and training dialled in to perfection..... up till now its just been a casual thing so I wasnt too serious about diet..... maybe for once I might actually get to see my abs LOL.....

I might grab some shots while I'm working out this week and post them here, so stay tuned.

OZBB

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't see why you'd be humiliated. Even if you make last place, you still won a personal accomplishment by even making it to the competition. Go for it!
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm the last person in the world that could tell if someone is a good bodybuilder or how they would do but I think in general competition is good for anyone as a person. To me all the gym lifts in the world don't matter if you don't put it out there either on a field or a stage or a platform. I have nothing but respect for all the preperation and dedication competitive BB's must go through to do their thing. Good luck to you.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you pick the right show you wouldn't be humiliated at all. For your first show you want to pick a local contest that has novice classes. That way you would be competing against other novices. Just go into it as a learning experience and have fun with it. Who knows? You may just get hooked.
    Jesus saved my soul...I'm still working on my body.
    1 Corinthians 9:27

Registered User alec_braithwait's Avatar
    alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Above all, you have to do it for your own reasons

Those reasons can change as you get closer to contest time, but you can't do it because your trainer wants you to and thinks he can get some good before and after pictures for his business web site.

When you are just a few weeks out, you don't want to feel like he is fighting you for changes to your diet and routines. You have to want to change to improve and get on stage.

As for being a loser. Any person, male or female that gets up on stage is a winner. It takes a lot of doing to get up there, pose and say here I am, judge me.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alec_braithwait View Post

As for being a loser. Any person, male or female that gets up on stage is a winner. It takes a lot of doing to get up there, pose and say here I am, judge me.
    Well put!!
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OZBB View Post
    Hi guys,

well this came out of left field, this morning while I was training with my trainer.... and feeling pretty pumped.... he stands back looks me up and down and says " You know, I think you should compete, you'd place pretty well....I could have you competition ready by March" ..... what the ...???!!! ..... the thought had never crossed my mind but he's got me wondering now....could I do it....am I really good enough.... in my mind I'm still that skinny kid from years ago.... fairly small guy, still only weigh 158lbs..... there's lots of bigger more ripped guys than me around....

so what should I do.....could I be setting myself up for the ultimate humiliating experience.... I'm about to turn 47, who would have thought.....

but one thought immediately crossed my mind when he suggested it... I've got my 30 year high school reunion next year.... havent seen any of them since I was that skinny 17 year old kid...... wouldn't that knock their socks off......

hmmm, I dunno..... I need some encouragement guys....

OZBB
    Post of some pics we will tell you if you will be put to shame or not
    On the list for Bannukah

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Kind of hard to give meaningful encouragement without pics. Without knowing the truth anything we say will just be a platitude. An honest answer requires pics.

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agreed on the pics. Check out a local natty show and see what you think. I've been to plenty and there are usually a handful of awesome physiques and the rest look like starved runners, so I wouldn't worry too much about being blown off the stage.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Agreed on the pics. Check out a local natty show and see what you think. I've been to plenty and there are usually a handful of awesome physiques and the rest look like starved runners, so I wouldn't worry too much about being blown off the stage.

thank you, thank you.....I've been put down here for saying that......

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post

thank you, thank you.....I've been put down here for saying that......

and for that reason, OP, you SHOULD get out there and compete!

oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have one life to live...live like it is.
    You're only as successful as the effort you put into your success.

OK I've posted some pics - check my other thread..

be kind...

OZBB

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112359661
    Last edited by OZBB; 12-01-2008 at 08:02 PM.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't know anything about competing, but congrats on kicking the skinny kid to the curb. We're around the same size and I was a stick boy in high school also.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500) Noviomagus is not very helpful. (-500)
    age is not of a problem if you dont have any injuries etc.

I know a man who competed at age 48 for the first time.it was not a big contest but still.
    he won.

he did some pills though .not extreme by any means :-P