ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best Gyms To Work At?

give reasons. . pay, environment, client availability ect. . .?
    Certified NASM Personal Trainer

Workout Program (P/RR/S):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ny58 View Post
    give reasons. . pay, environment, client availability ect. . .?
    I worked at XSPORT (LI, NY)

PROS:
    -huge, well-equipped gym
    -steady stream of new members as potential clients
    -good location
    -open 24 hours

CONS:
    -gym can be busy
    -pay was $15-25/hour + sales commisions.
    -company is new to the north east so management is not up to speed
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think you can really get a good answer to that question since every city has a different dynamic depending on affluency, population, lots of variables.

Also depends on what's most important to you. As a trainer though, I can tell you right now that once a trainer becomes pretty experienced, most will leave the big gyms and go to smaller, private gyms. It's the way of things as all the big gyms simply take too much of a cut. Any trainer worth his salt will eventually get fed up with that and go private.

gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50) gischer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So far I have enjoyed working at 24 hour fitness. In the end, if you have 3 outside certifications they take about 50-55% of your profits commission and hourly factored in. It's a pretty hefty cut, however, they give you a ton of clients at first. Personally, i think it's a great place to get started with before moving into the private sector.

You do have to deal with a little managerial pressure to hit certain targets, but other than that they are pretty hands off. It comes down to meeting for 30 minutes once or twice a month, so not to big of a deal.

This is my first training job, so I can't really compare to anywhere else though...

After three months my paychecks are ranging between 15-28 bux an hour. Once my clientel gets a little less sporadic and I have built some long term clients I expect to consistently be between 20-30 an hour commission factored in.

ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    I worked at XSPORT (LI, NY)

PROS:
    -huge, well-equipped gym
    -steady stream of new members as potential clients
    -good location
    -open 24 hours

CONS:
    -gym can be busy
    -pay was $15-25/hour + sales commisions.
    -company is new to the north east so management is not up to speed
    interesting. . thats not too far from me. . so they pay u per hour or is that only per hour if u r training. . do they give health benefits?

BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoDanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sicshift View Post
    I don't think you can really get a good answer to that question since every city has a different dynamic depending on affluency, population, lots of variables.

Also depends on what's most important to you. As a trainer though, I can tell you right now that once a trainer becomes pretty experienced, most will leave the big gyms and go to smaller, private gyms. It's the way of things as all the big gyms simply take too much of a cut. Any trainer worth his salt will eventually get fed up with that and go private.
    Agreed,

It depends on what district you are in. But there are some corp things that will be true about all of a companys gyms.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    interesting. . thats not too far from me. . so they pay u per hour or is that only per hour if u r training. . do they give health benefits?
    it's per hour if training...

when I was there, they would pay you $8/assessment (called a PTX) or you can clean up weights for the same.

they had blue cross/blue shield for full timers

when I was there, they would pay you $8/assessment (called a PTX) or you can clean up weights for the same.

cool thanks man. . i may look into that. .also this is the one located at roosevelt field .. do they make u stand in the mall and try and solicit people?

Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    L.A. Fitness - $12/hour training + commission...nothing if not training which sucks. The sessions are only 30 minutes.

Gold's Gym - $19/hour training, $24 for semi-private, $6.50/hour on the floor + commission. I personally didn't like it there, but it was an interesting experience. People didn't really seem to care about the clients...they just wanted to make money.
    Owner @ Gymless Fitness: http://gymlessfit.com

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Man... they'd pay you to pick up weights? I only get paid per session at mine and it's $7.50 per PTX I believe... Sometimes if there's a no show we can pull the ticket, but that depends on notice and whatnot. Overall, I enjoy the atmosphere and the trainers I work with, so I'd say Xsport is overall a pretty sweet gig. Lot's of chances for advancement as it's a growing company too.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

cool thanks man. . i may look into that. .also this is the one located at roosevelt field .. do they make u stand in the mall and try and solicit people?
    No, that's the sales people doing that, not the trainers.

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Man... they'd pay you to pick up weights? I only get paid per session at mine and it's $7.50 per PTX I believe... Sometimes if there's a no show we can pull the ticket, but that depends on notice and whatnot. Overall, I enjoy the atmosphere and the trainers I work with, so I'd say Xsport is overall a pretty sweet gig. Lot's of chances for advancement as it's a growing company too.
    they did pay us for clean-up when I was there. we could also pull the ticket for a no-show with no notice or other manager approved scenarios.

you probably have a better experience since XSPORT is well-established in your area...they're still trying to figure out what works best in NY.

It's Supposed to Hurt! Thuirwyne's Avatar
    Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any of the Sports Club LA locations.

Great pay, benefits, hours, atmosphere.

They put leads in your inbox, and all new members get 3+free sessions, which you are paid $25+for sessions to start...you also get $8+ for "floor hours," and it's full-time work because they give health insurance, 401K, etc. You get bonuses depending on how many sessions you have.

The only down sides are that some of the other trainers and clientele can be a little "bourgeois," and if you're a woman and wear pants instead of shorts, you have to wear those pants that look like opaque panty hose...
    Last edited by Thuirwyne; 04-25-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Food Aggressive