Closed Thread
Page 18 of 268 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast
    HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Essentially it just gives you two choices of width of grip vs one choice for width. Thats all really. The football bar gives 3 choices, so thats why I will pick that up also... If I could demo the stuff, I would, but since I can't, I'll just buy all the bastards.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    I already have the swiss bar coming which has straight handles.

I'm thinking I should probably pick up the 7' double angle handles...

DONE. Just used pay pal and ordered:

Ok, I'll go order the football bar now... At least I'll be able to compare all this stuff and have a solid opinion when all is said and done.
    I have the football arm bar and really like the angled handles, but as described, it is an arm bar and want fit in the rack for presses (I have the short one, I assume you are talking about getting the longer one). However, the short football bar is great for overhead presses and tricep and bicep work. I tried the 7ft T-Grip at Golds and although it was a quality bar and I liked it, it had straight handles which I didn't like as much as the angled ones on the football bar. Therefore, I'm thinking about purchasing the 7ft with the double angled handles (the one you purchased). I think you made a good choice. Curious to hear your thoughts after trying all of these.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Essentially it just gives you two choices of width of grip vs one choice for width. Thats all really. The football bar gives 3 choices, so thats why I will pick that up also... If I could demo the stuff, I would, but since I can't, I'll just buy all the bastards.

Comparing the football bar and the T-Grip, I would say the T-Grip is a much higher quality bar. The T-Grip is solid, like a normal barbell, whereas the football bar, is hollow and appears to have been made out of Gas pipe. I'm guessing the weight capacity of the T-Grip will be higher.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    I have the football arm bar and really like the angled handles, but as described, it is an arm bar and want fit in the rack for presses (I have the short one, I assume you are talking about getting the longer one). However, the short football bar is great for overhead presses and tricep and bicep work. I tried the 7ft T-Grip at Golds and although it was a quality bar and I liked it, it had straight handles which I didn't like as much as the angled ones on the football bar. Therefore, I'm thinking about purchasing the 7ft with the double angled handles (the one you purchased). I think you made a good choice. Curious to hear your thoughts after trying all of these.
    Yes, I will order the long football bar for the rack. I ordered the 7ft T-Grip as shown, but not sure how long it takes to arrive. Does the T-Grip have bearings? It says "rotating Olympic sleeves"

I'm realyl happy cause the Swiss Barr from elite FTS/willams strength looks like the best 'straight grip' bar. and this T-Bar will be the great angled grip bar. The football bar will simply be good to compare because it has 3 grip positions instead of 2, even if it is gas pipe made in china, lol!

Yes, I will order the long football bar for the rack. I ordered the 7ft T-Grip as shown, but not sure how long it takes to arrive. Does the T-Grip have bearings? It says "rotating Olympic sleeves"

I'm realyl happy cause the Swiss Barr from elite FTS/willams strength looks like the best 'straight grip' bar. and this T-Bar will be the great angled grip bar. The football bar will simply be good to compare because it has 3 grip positions instead of 2, even if it is gas pipe made in china, lol!
    I don't know whether the T-grip has bearings or bushings, but it has rotating sleeves like a normal olympic bar.

My football bar, is in fact, gas pipe made in china (it has rotating sleeves too - just not real high quality - maybe they will be more substantial on the long bar).

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)

NEW UPDATE: You can now specify the Football Bar with our extremely smooth twin roller bearing sleeves.

The GymRatZ Olympic Football Bar is slightly different in appearance to it's American cousin. Rather than 'bolted -in' elbows given a rounded appearance, we prefer to offer the 90 degree welded version (much tougher).
    Translation: Sissy american football bar?

View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Atlantis changed their power racks ( both models were on the website last week, now its just the new models ) and now with the new slot spacing it is 4 inches between slots ( a bad move imo ).

http://www.atlantis-fit.com/en/our-p...machine/racks/

Originally Posted by jormone View Post

Translation: Sissy american football bar?
    that Fat Bar version of the Poliquin Football bar looks cool. They offer uprgaded bearings also.... hmmmm.

Originally Posted by View 1 View Post
    Atlantis changed their power racks ( both models were on the website last week, now its just the new models ) and now with the new slot spacing it is 4 inches between slots ( a bad move imo ).

I knew they were in transition to emulate power-lift. The polequin rack is still available, it is just different in the sense you simply add the fat bar pullup on one side and the parallel pull-ups on the other side. Either way, I'll have to speak to Yosi about the hole spacing.

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I knew they were in transition to emulate power-lift. The polequin rack is still available, it is just different in the sense you simply add the fat bar pullup on one side and the parallel pull-ups on the other side. Either way, I'll have to speak to Yosi about the hole spacing.
    I am also of the opinion that the EFS Swiss bar is great, ordered one myself after trying it out. Don't think you'll regret that one...I really like banded skull crushers on this bar. It's really great for accessory work and variation. Those Poliquin bars and some other stuff they have look great, too bad it's in the UK - I shot them a mail anyways to see if they ship to the US. Really like their Grapple Handles.

As for Atlantis, I'm pretty glad I ordered when I did - I really like the C-109. I bet you could still get the other rack and it's accessories (or at least the accessories) if you called them. The rack and it's accessories are still on the site...just need the direct link. I don't like the 4 inch spacing, it's definitely more Power-Lift esque though. I think I like the tubular steel better as well. What do you think?

By the way, do you have any more pics of your rack to share? Mine comes this week so I'm pretty excited.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)

Somewhat lame. It seems pretty standard that every fitness equipment manufacturer has a laser cut slot system like that with the 4" spacing. Hopefully they'll keep the other rack as an option.

View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The whole spacing is right on the spec page.

14 slots spaced at 10.2 cm/4" intervals for safety beams, bar hooks and accessories.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that Fat Bar version of the Poliquin Football bar looks cool. They offer uprgaded bearings also.... hmmmm.
    will you please quit showing me this stuff..your killing me. seriously those look sweet. I've got to stay away from this thread, not good for my habit.

The whole spacing is right on the spec page.

14 slots spaced at 10.2 cm/4" intervals for safety beams, bar hooks and accessories.
    Apparently they used mixed guage steel in the past... but also have done complete 7 guage steel. Now they are always 7 guage steel 100%. I have voiced my concern regrading the hole spacing. My main concern is is we can continue to get the previous power rack design and also in complete 7 guage steel. This was possible previously and I hope it will continue to be so... The close hole spacing was outstanding. I left Yosi a message and will discuss what is going on shortly.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 03-29-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Originally Posted by jormone View Post

I like the fact they offer upgraded bearings as an option as well.

What are people's opinions here on fat grips and fat bars vs standard grips (in general). I'm debating on whether or not to get the FAT bar version of the above or the standard. I think this bar with the upgraded bearings option stands a chance to be better than the gas pipe, football bar. I'm curious whether you guys would pick standard or fat grip.

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What are people's opinions here on fat grips and fat bars vs standard grips (in general). I'm debating on whether or not to get the FAT bar version of the above or the standard. I think this bar with the upgraded bearings option stands a chance to be better than the gas pipe, football bar. I'm curious whether you guys would pick standard or fat grip.

Personally I'd pick the standard version of any bar, and buy fat gripz to put over them;
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=3181
    so you have the choice of both standard and fat without having to buy two bars. They can make just about any bar or attachment a ~ 2 1/2 inch diameter fat version.

They look a bit gimmicky, but they're awesome.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Personally I'd pick the standard version of any bar, and buy fat gripz to put over them;
    so you have the choice of both standard and fat without having to buy two bars. They can make just about any bar or attachment a ~ 2 1/2 inch diameter fat version.

I can see some logic in that.

I would like further discussion however on how people feel about fat bars and fat grips vs standard grips. Also, there i a big difference between 2" fat grips and 2.5" fat grips. I think 2.5" is getting excessive. From what I can tell, it is almost the opposite of using wrist straps. I guess the idea of using fat grips is to work your forearms and grip more? While that is great, you don;t always want the weakest link to be your grip strength. Is there something else I am missing on fat grip diameter? benefits and negatives vs a standard grip?

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I would like further discussion however on how people feel about fat bars and fat grips vs standard grips. Also, there i a big difference between 2" fat grips and 2.5" fat grips. I think 2.5" is getting excessive. From what I can tell, it is almost the opposite of using wrist straps. I guess the idea of using fat grips is to work your forearms and grip more? While that is great, you don;t always want the weakest link to be your grip strength. Is there something else I am missing on fat grip diameter? benefits and negatives vs a standard grip?
    I was gonna suggest what essexlad did but he beat me to it. If you know you want to work extra on your grip and forearms everytime you use the bar then get the fat grip bar but otherwise and for me personally I'd get the standard version for more versatility and get fat gripz or whatever kind of grip fattening device you want to supplement the grip/forearm work on your own terms.

I have a 2 inch Black Iron Strength bar currently and have several pairs of fat gripz and grip4orces ordered. I can give you a comparison once the grips come in.

keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) keeko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Advantages of fat bar/fat grip work goes beyond forearm and grip improvement: namely, cns activation! However, I personally think that cns activation is particularly effective when alternating between standard and fat bar diameters, in which case getting the standard and fatgripz would be best. however, if the quality goes significantly up on the fat bar then it might be worth getting both, seeing as cost is no object...
    Last edited by keeko; 03-29-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    labor vincit omnia

video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Your correct it makes it harder to hold onto as you cant wrap your thumb over your fingers. You really have to press your thumb into the bar to get a grip.

Some benefits I can think of, are obviously increased grip strength, but they also put less pressure on the elbows and shoulders during pressing movements in particular so they are good for deloads or you have an injury. They are also, I find, good at teaching you to squeeze the hell out of the bar for the duration of the lift when you go back to standard which really helps with keeping tight.

The downside is on any 'pulling' exercise you'll initially be using much less weight. This will improve, but you'll never lift as much as with a standard bar.

I have a separate grip routine, and use them a lot. But I also use them for some accessory work in my main lifting routine as well.

The difference of 2-2.5 you won't notice much on pressing moves, on pulls it'll probably be a bit more of a weight drop. I don't have any 2" so I can't compare, but I have used 3" fat bars before and they are very humbling.

On a side note: Anyone see "Spartacus Blood and Sand" Watched the last episode on Blu Ray last night. FN awesome!!! Sorry for the OT, but that series just rocks. Highly recommended on blu ray.

Pulled the trigger on the Poliquin "UK" GymRatz bar

Ultra Smooth Revolving Sleeves
    SKU: gr-revolving-GR-ends 158 1 £79.95
    ex vat £15.99 £95.94
    Poliquin Olympic Football Bar
    SKU: gr-oly-football-bar 398 1 £199.00
    ex vat £39.80 £238.80
    Subtotal £334.74
    Postage £25.25
    Points 556
    Total £359.99

Still pumped up from last nights episode: KILL THEM ALL!

By Jupiter's COK!!! If you mixed Gladiator, 300, and CALIGULA, you'd get SPARTACUS, Blood and Sand!

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)

ex vat £15.99 £95.94
    ex vat £39.80 £238.80
    Subtotal £334.74
    Postage £25.25
    Points 556
    Total £359.99

By Jupiter's COK!!! If you mixed Gladiator, 300, and CALIGULA, you'd get SPARTACUS, Blood and Sand!
    That show rocks! The lead actor has lymphoma though, which is totally screwing up season 2. I think they're working on a prequel series and then starting season 2 with a new Spartacus. It really is a shame, because it seems like this show was his big TV breakthrough.

Yes, Andy Whitfield had to be replaced. It just a shame all around. I hope he gets a cure and a strong comeback. Then he can reappear in Season 3. They are filming season 2 right now to be released in 2012. I preordered the prequel "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena"

http://www.amazon.com/Spartacus-Aren...1446544&sr=8-3

"KILL THEM ALL!!" That was just incredible season finale

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe Whitfield's replacement can wear a helmet all through season 2 and then we can have him back.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You won't be disappointed with "Gods of the Arena". It gives a great history of the characters and kind of follows the rise of Crixxus from nothing to champion. You also learn about the history between Batiatus and Selonious. Definitely worth watching.

ex vat £15.99 £95.94
    ex vat £39.80 £238.80
    Subtotal £334.74
    Postage £25.25
    Points 556
    Total £359.99

Didn't realise you were getting this from our side of the pond.
    Gymratz stuff is actually built by a company called Watson;
    http://www.gymequipment.uk.com/
    Never seen anything bad made by them.

How the hell are you only paying 25 for shipping, that's got to be a mistake.

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Didn't realise you were getting this from our side of the pond.
    Gymratz stuff is actually built by a company called Watson;
    http://www.gymequipment.uk.com/
    Never seen anything bad made by them.

How the hell are you only paying 25 for shipping, that's got to be a mistake.

Was thinking the same thing, I emailed about the Grappling Handles to see if they were sold as individual handles or individual pairs and I was told that it'd be 53 pounds for shipping alone. I'm pretty surprised the price is for individual handles as well. If I just went through the checkout, it lists it at like 12 or something...so pretty sure he just went through the checkout.

Originally Posted by mroc17 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing, I emailed about the Grappling Handles to see if they were sold as individual handles or individual pairs and I was told that it'd be 53 pounds for shipping alone. I'm pretty surprised the price is for individual handles as well. If I just went through the checkout, it lists it at like 12 or something...so pretty sure he just went through the checkout.
    The adjusted price came back:

1gr-revolving-GR-ends Ultra Smooth Revolving Sleeves 158£ 79.95 ex vat £15.99 £95.94
    1gr-oly-football-bar Poliquin Olympic Football Bar 398£199.00 ex vat £39.80 £238.80

Subtotal£334.74

Postage£25.25

Delivery Surcharge.£220.00

Total £579.99

Which is equal to $929.10 as of todays exchange... and then you have to wire the money apparently. Definitely not worth it. I'm going to pass on that. Good product for the UK folks though :-) Just too expensive to ship here.

Closed Thread