Seaside13110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body by Jake: Tower 200

Whats your take on the Tower 200?
    Has anyone tried this and do you think its worth the investment?

Google: Bodybyjake tower 200.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    POS.

There are far better band systems out there for half the cost.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Seaside13110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    POS.

There are far better band systems out there for half the cost.
    Can you recommend any? Is there any benefit of band systems over weights? Aside from being cheaper... I'm moving in 4 weeks and had to cancel my gym membership so I need an alternative I can do at home for the next month or so while I get settled into my new place and find a gym.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    These are good:

http://bodylastics.com/

But for just a month I would put together a good hard bodyweight program. I wouldn't worry about buying anything you are only going to use for a month.

The only benefit they have over weights is that you can fit a complete workout with significant recistance in a suitcase.

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Check out bodyweightculture.com.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cball30 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    These are good:

http://bodylastics.com/

But for just a month I would put together a good hard bodyweight program. I wouldn't worry about buying anything you are only going to use for a month.

The only benefit they have over weights is that you can fit a complete workout with significant recistance in a suitcase.

bodylastics are awesome i was going to recommend them myself. They will be good for that month for sure. I work at a gym and have those at my house that i use on occasion to get an awesome bicep workout anyways if price, size, and ease of use are necessary this is a great product. mine got shipped to me in like 2 days too, but i also live in florida and they come from tampa or miami or something....lol anyways yes these are awesome and i'd recommend them too.
    I've got a very unique style
    http://plyomedfitness.blogspot.com/

Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the bodylastics TO bands. They are great, but the whole concept of having them clip to your door is a great idea! I think the Tower 200 looks great...
    INTENSITY
    Fueling-Body-Mind-Spirit

"The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Seaside13110 View Post

investment? lol....I just went to the site and it was 14.95 with free shipping!

looks like something to take with you when you go on vacation and will have no access to a gym....

http://www.thetower200.com/default.aspx?adid=twr9003

kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, if it's good enough for Randy Couture, then it's good enough for you.

*rolleyes*

JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVAisGod will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Call me crazy, but I was under the impression that there was a "Workout Equipment" forum specially designed for these questions.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JVAisGod View Post
    Call me crazy, but I was under the impression that there was a "Workout Equipment" forum specially designed for these questions.
    Crazy.

bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100) bodybuid201 is not very well liked. (-100)

man i bought the Tower 200 about a month ago and every other day im doing a full body work out and this regimen hasn't failed me yet. depending on your needs you may need to buy higher resistance bands but its worth the cheap price. do this and take 6 star muscle creatine powder and you'll get bigger and stronger pretty fast.

Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Empythree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bodybuid201 View Post
    man i bought the Tower 200 about a month ago and every other day im doing a full body work out and this regimen hasn't failed me yet. depending on your needs you may need to buy higher resistance bands but its worth the cheap price. do this and take 6 star muscle creatine powder and you'll get bigger and stronger pretty fast.
    Ahh bro-science. What would we do without you.

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post

looks like something to take with you when you go on vacation and will have no access to a gym....

I just had to point out that if if you don't send it back within the 30 day trial period you will be charged "four easy payments of 39.95" so the cost would be $15 for just a months worth of use (plus return shipping which they don't mention covering) or a whopping $175.00 to own the thing forever. To put it differently they want almost a buck per pound of resistance.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just had to point out that if if you don't send it back within the 30 day trial period you will be charged "four easy payments of 39.95" so the cost would be $15 for just a months worth of use (plus return shipping which they don't mention covering) or a whopping $175.00 to own the thing forever. To put it differently they want almost a buck per pound of resistance.
    wow, thanks for pointing that out, TIM, in fact, I had a suspicion about that, as It seemed to good to be true! LOL......

again, I see it strictly as an easy, " I'm away with no access to the gym" kind of thing......

If you were actually thinking about a product like this the Bodylastics bands are about half the cost per pound of resistance and they are even more portable, they also seem to be more versaile.

Acerone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bodybuid201 View Post

Any updates... I thought about getting one myself...

PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post

I looked and it's about $175 when all is said and done.

I have something similar to it that I got a few years ago at Walmart for like $25. It's called the Altus door gym. It's kind of weird to use compared to weights or even to regular cable machines. That resistance feels different, and your muscles don't get pumped the same way. Hard to explain without actually using one. I still mess around with it once in a while, but it would never replace a gym or even bodyweight exercises.

namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^^^^
    Yeah what an effin joke!
    They almost had me on this. I thought it was $14.95 total w/free shipping
    I see on the payment page the 4 payments of $39.95 there after!
    I guess this...dont buy anything Randy Couture endorces.....This Tower 200 and FIZOGEN!!

tdog12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down ??

dude there know way your lifting that much i'm 6 foot 4 270 pound and 10% body fat and i'm a power lifter. the only way you could lift that much is on juice . i can dead lift 300 pound 30 times and squat 400 pounds 30 time there know way that you are lifting the right way. your 164 pound that dose not sound right. i'm a CPT

sengratt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Thank you!

Hey, thanks to everyone who responded about the Tower 200 and recommending Bodylastics instead. I did a quick search for Tower 200 reviews on Google when I saw this place, and am so glad I didn't get hooked into an overpriced system.

I just bought the Bodylastics maximum tension set and look forward to trying it out! It seems very quick and easy to use, which is a key factor when trying to stick to a routine.

I'll come back here after I give it a go and post how it's working for me (if anyone cares! :-)

Steve

MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMarshall_76 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wrote a review in this thread if you're interested:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119572161
    Martin Rooney - If you want to become something you have not been before....
    You need to do things you have not done before!

If you're reading this... Thank a Teacher
    If you're reading this in English.... Thank a Veteran!

PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.amazon.com/Altus-Athletic.../dp/B000ITVZ8E

Product I mentioned before. You could buy two for half the price of the Tower 200 if you really want to.

It's actually a pretty decent product, but obviously not a one stop fitness solution. I use it for rotator cuff work when I don't go to the gym, and for hip exercises I don't want to do on the cables in the gym. I also use it for some explosive movements, and ab work. Fifteen minutes here and there when I'm around the house.

markstern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    any body out there been using this for more than a month?

by the way, today is January 16, 2010 and the trial offer has been discontinued. Now, when you order the Tower 200, they charge your card the full $175 the day it ships and you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. but not sure when the 30 days starts - is it when they ship it, or when you receive it?

DiSpLiFF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by markstern View Post
    any body out there been using this for more than a month?

by the way, today is January 16, 2010 and the trial offer has been discontinued. Now, when you order the Tower 200, they charge your card the full $175 the day it ships and you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. but not sure when the 30 days starts - is it when they ship it, or when you receive it?
    I'm also really curious about this product, I stopped going to the gym it takes about 2 hours out of my time for an hour and 10 min workout + 20 min there and back travel time, shower etc. I work out every other day, i'm more into working out show muscles and never really train my legs which I supplement with an exercise bike. Anyways the one thing that really attracts me to this system is that it resembles pretty much anything you can do on a cable machine at the gym (which is my favorite machine, free weights being second).

I have limited space in my apartment, but i've never tried these rubber band type exercises. I'm not exactly looking to have a body builder body and would really like to cut weight and have that "cut" look.

Basically i've been looking at either trying this system out.

Trying the Bodylastic system.

Or just buying a couple of free weights and doing that (only problem is I don't really have room for a bench to complement the free weights).

I was leaning more towards the tower 200, or just doing free weights. But i've read a couple of people saying the bodylastic system is probably the best. But I dunno it just looks kinda girly...

DiSpLiFF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nevermind i'm just going to get the bodylastic system, seems like its the same thing as the tower 200 but is half the price, has better customer service reviews.

I'll do this till I own a house where I can dedicate a room for workouts and get into the free weights.

lopac1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome information, thank you so much everyone. I was considering purchasing the Tower 200, so did a search to where I could buy it in a store, found that sears has it for $180, and that started me on a search to find the real price and the worth of that $180. I think I'll be picking up that Bodylastics set for when I move in another 2 months.

Again, thanks for all the smart info about these.

NAVYK77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking I like it

I bought one from Target and use it everyday. I haven't had any problems with it. After I bought it, I saw the Weider X factor at Dick's Sporting Goods for 75 bucks cheaper and wish I would've bought that instead, but psychologically I have fallen for the Couture endorsement and it motivates me to work out....LOL...I know, I know...