Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beginner Here

HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    I'll repeat my point from before that you should be using a different weight for each exercise. You mentioned adding reps and sets, which is perfectly fine, but adding weight should be your first form of progression. If you can hit the top end of the rep range for every set for a particular exercise, increase the weight the next week.

Do you do the exercises in straight sets, supersets or as a circuit?
    Well on my Upper Workout yesterday, I managed to use the Dumbbells for 10KG. Except for Shoulder Press (I had to deload the weight on a second set.) Hammer Curls, I found these were too hard for 10KG. So I dropped it down.

Today's legs workout I used the 10KG Dumbbells all the way through. I still found Split Squat the most challenging on this one. (Btw it is Day 4). Deadlifts weren't too bad. I think I should really be lifting heavier for these.

The only reason I was increasing sets by 1 or a couple of reps per week to make it so I didn't stall too quickly. I have 5 weeks left on this Dumbbell workout.

I do the exercises in straight sets on these workouts.

(Currently paranoid if my form is correct) Sorry, I think I suffer from Paranoia sometimes.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HelixFuse View Post
    Well on my Upper Workout yesterday, I managed to use the Dumbbells for 10KG. Except for Shoulder Press (I had to deload the weight on a second set.) Hammer Curls, I found these were too hard for 10KG. So I dropped it down.

Today's legs workout I used the 10KG Dumbbells all the way through. I still found Split Squat the most challenging on this one. (Btw it is Day 4). Deadlifts weren't too bad. I think I should really be lifting heavier for these.

The only reason I was increasing sets by 1 or a couple of reps per week to make it so I didn't stall too quickly. I have 5 weeks left on this Dumbbell workout.

I do the exercises in straight sets on these workouts.

(Currently paranoid if my form is correct) Sorry, I think I suffer from Paranoia sometimes.
    Ok, good - straight sets means less times you have to change the weight, so that's good. I wouldn't worry about stalling - does your program have a built-in procedure for what to do when you fail at a weight? Usually you try the same again and if you fail again, reduce the load by 10-15% for the next workout.

It should be normal to expect some lifts to progress faster than others. Using the same weight for a dumbbell bench/floor press and a dumbbell row makes sense (although I would definitely get more reps with the row), but using the same weight again for curls should be impossible - the bicep are much smaller muscles than the chest and back.

HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, good - straight sets means less times you have to change the weight, so that's good. I wouldn't worry about stalling - does your program have a built-in procedure for what to do when you fail at a weight? Usually you try the same again and if you fail again, reduce the load by 10-15% for the next workout.

It should be normal to expect some lifts to progress faster than others. Using the same weight for a dumbbell bench/floor press and a dumbbell row makes sense (although I would definitely get more reps with the row), but using the same weight again for curls should be impossible - the bicep are much smaller muscles than the chest and back.
    It doesn't have anything about if not hitting the sets this. It just says on it do this for 12 weeks with the same weight for exercise. Then, as a progression do a 5 Day Dumbbell routine from their site. This is from Muscle and Strength website.

it also mentions just doing the required sets and aim for rep ranges of 8-10, or 15 etc. I could link it if poss:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-upper-lower-workout-routine

Yeah, I did find Bicep Curl was tricky doing 10KG on it. So I did deload on this as well. I think once I am doing with this program. I might move onto the Fierce 5 Program you have here.

I choose this program because I wanted to have a routine I could stick to at home for 12 weeks and gain muscle. So all tips you guys have given me has been great so far!

Tomorrow I weigh in for the week. I got a feeling my weight hasn't increase to half a pound like I wanted. However, I do feel my midsection feels a bit 'bloated' or 'fluffy' in my opinion. Especially around my back. Is this normal?

Is this a sign of mirror blinding my eyes? lol

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Maybe check the battery on your scales. Sounds like they are dodgy, assuming you donned no extra clothing?
    Or get different readings depending where on the floor the scales are and how you stand, this is quite a big factor with my bathroom scales.

AlexSays on " you must spread..." for single arm suggestion

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Or get different readings depending where on the floor the scales are and how you stand, this is quite a big factor with my bathroom scales.

AlexSays on " you must spread..." for single arm suggestion
    Same here, so it's important to always have the scales in the same place.

Thanks for the link OP - the program seems fine to me except for the lack of progression - if you hit the top end of the rep range for every set you really need to be going up in weight. Again, I think using different weights for each exercise is pretty crucial to your success. For example, these are roughly the weights I would use for the first upper day:

BO Dumbbell Row - 23kg
    DB Bench - 23kg
    DB Lateral Raise - 8kg
    DB Pullover - not sure
    DB Bicep Curl - 15kg
    DB Tricep Extension - 20kg (one dumbbell)
    DB Shrug - not sure

Same here, so it's important to always have the scales in the same place.

Thanks for the link OP - the program seems fine to me except for the lack of progression - if you hit the top end of the rep range for every set you really need to be going up in weight. Again, I think using different weights for each exercise is pretty crucial to your success. For example, these are roughly the weights I would use for the first upper day:

BO Dumbbell Row - 23kg
    DB Bench - 23kg
    DB Lateral Raise - 8kg
    DB Pullover - not sure
    DB Bicep Curl - 15kg
    DB Tricep Extension - 20kg (one dumbbell)
    DB Shrug - not sure
    Yeah, I agree. I have the scales placed in the exact location every day, and I have moved it a few times and the weight is the same. So at least that is sort of consistent.

I planned each week to hit an extra set if possible as my own progression through this program. At the start I used light weight to get a feel of the program then upped.

I will try next week with the 10KGs or higher if possible (On the main compounds). I Might have to swap to the Barbell for some of these exercises, which I can load more weight on.

Do you think I should be hitting the sets and recommended rep ranges that the program says? E.G Dumbbell Row 4 Sets of 8-10 or should I aim for more if I can with a heavier weight?

Also, I weighed in today and it was lower again. I am going to maintain at 3200 calories next week to see what happens again. For a 5 ft 6 guy, I thought I would be gaining slightly by now jeez.

Yeah, I agree. I have the scales placed in the exact location every day, and I have moved it a few times and the weight is the same. So at least that is sort of consistent.

I planned each week to hit an extra set if possible as my own progression through this program. At the start I used light weight to get a feel of the program then upped.

I will try next week with the 10KGs or higher if possible (On the main compounds). I Might have to swap to the Barbell for some of these exercises, which I can load more weight on.

Do you think I should be hitting the sets and recommended rep ranges that the program says? E.G Dumbbell Row 4 Sets of 8-10 or should I aim for more if I can with a heavier weight?

Also, I weighed in today and it was lower again. I am going to maintain at 3200 calories next week to see what happens again. For a 5 ft 6 guy, I thought I would be gaining slightly by now jeez.
    Some programs have you doing an AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) for your final set, which is a perfectly good way to gauge your progress. Given that the program already comes with a rep range, I would just increase the weight (by the smallest amount your plates allow) when you are able to hit the top end of the rep range for every set, e.g.

DB Rows (8kg)
    10, 10, 10, 10 - increase weight to 10kg
    10, 9, 8, 8 - maintain weight
    10, 10, 9, 9 - maintrain weight
    10, 10, 10, 10 - increase weight to 12kg

Some programs have you doing an AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) for your final set, which is a perfectly good way to gauge your progress. Given that the program already comes with a rep range, I would just increase the weight (by the smallest amount your plates allow) when you are able to hit the top end of the rep range for every set, e.g.

DB Rows (8kg)
    10, 10, 10, 10 - increase weight to 10kg
    10, 9, 8, 8 - maintain weight
    10, 10, 9, 9 - maintrain weight
    10, 10, 10, 10 - increase weight to 12kg
    Alright, I will give it a shot tomorrow. Hopefully it should be good for 10KG tomorrow. I suppose if I hit all sets, I could always use the last set as an AMRAP.

But would AMRAP hinder the next exercise in the sequence? Or rest for a couple of minutes and press on

Alright, I will give it a shot tomorrow. Hopefully it should be good for 10KG tomorrow. I suppose if I hit all sets, I could always use the last set as an AMRAP.

But would AMRAP hinder the next exercise in the sequence? Or rest for a couple of minutes and press on
    It would a little, but resting for longer would help. The main thing is to make sure you're training close enough to failure to get a decent growth stimulus. Extra sets aren't going to help you if you're training 5+ reps from technical failure.

Also I noticed this program is already quite high volume for a beginner program, so I would avoid adding sets altogether.

It would a little, but resting for longer would help. The main thing is to make sure you're training close enough to failure to get a decent growth stimulus. Extra sets aren't going to help you if you're training 5+ reps from technical failure.

Also I noticed this program is already quite high volume for a beginner program, so I would avoid adding sets altogether.
    I am not sure if I am training to near failure on the main compounds in these. But this is what I did and what weights I used. I am quite paranoid about my form being correct tbh.
    I found lateral raise I failed on even at 5KG. I had been using 2.5KG recently.

BO Dumbbell Row - 10kg
    10, 10, 10, AMRAP 20 achieved

DB Bench - 10kg
    10, 10, 10, 10

DB Lateral Raise - 5 KG
    10, 8, 8

DB Pullover - 10 KG
    10, 10, 10

DB Bicep Curl - 10 KG
    12, 10

DB Tricep Extension - 10 KG (One Dumbbell)
    12, 12

DB Shrug 20 KG
    20, 20, 20

Then, on Upper day I always add some Press Ups in at the end on Dumbbells to try and hit the chest as much as possible. I aim for 15 reps, 3 sets if possible. Normally to failure if form drops. So next week, do I increase reps or sets. Or add more weight where possible.

Thanks again.

I am not sure if I am training to near failure on the main compounds in these. But this is what I did and what weights I used. I am quite paranoid about my form being correct tbh.
    I found lateral raise I failed on even at 5KG. I had been using 2.5KG recently.

BO Dumbbell Row - 10kg
    10, 10, 10, AMRAP 20 achieved

DB Bench - 10kg
    10, 10, 10, 10

DB Lateral Raise - 5 KG
    10, 8, 8

DB Pullover - 10 KG
    10, 10, 10

DB Bicep Curl - 10 KG
    12, 10

DB Tricep Extension - 10 KG (One Dumbbell)
    12, 12

DB Shrug 20 KG
    20, 20, 20

Then, on Upper day I always add some Press Ups in at the end on Dumbbells to try and hit the chest as much as possible. I aim for 15 reps, 3 sets if possible. Normally to failure if form drops. So next week, do I increase reps or sets. Or add more weight where possible.

Thanks again.
    Definitely add weight to the rows - An AMRAP of 20 means you likely stimulated zero growth with the first three sets as you weren't training close enough to failure.

As for the rest, I would go up in weight if you hit the top end of the rep range for every set, provided your form was fine (doesn't have to be perfect, but you want to have a full ROM on every rep and not use momentum).

Going up from 2.5kg to 5kg on lateral raises is s huge jump percentage wise. That would be like going from a 50kg squat to a 100kg squat! In cases like that, it's best to increase reps. You could go back to 2.5kg and aim for 3 sets of 15-20 before going back to 5kg, or you could keep pushing with the 5kg, as you hit the rep minimum for each set - which is fine provided you weren't cheating on form.

I would not ever recommend adding sets with this program as the volume is already very high for a beginner. Your focus should be on getting the most out of every set by working with suitably challenging weights. If you're worried about form, watch some YouTube videos on the lifts you are concerned about.

Definitely add weight to the rows - An AMRAP of 20 means you likely stimulated zero growth with the first three sets as you weren't training close enough to failure.

As for the rest, I would go up in weight if you hit the top end of the rep range for every set, provided your form was fine (doesn't have to be perfect, but you want to have a full ROM on every rep and not use momentum).

Going up from 2.5kg to 5kg on lateral raises is s huge jump percentage wise. That would be like going from a 50kg squat to a 100kg squat! In cases like that, it's best to increase reps. You could go back to 2.5kg and aim for 3 sets of 15-20 before going back to 5kg, or you could keep pushing with the 5kg, as you hit the rep minimum for each set - which is fine provided you weren't cheating on form.

I would not ever recommend adding sets with this program as the volume is already very high for a beginner. Your focus should be on getting the most out of every set by working with suitably challenging weights. If you're worried about form, watch some YouTube videos on the lifts you are concerned about.
    Right, okay then. With the Rows if my form was on point. Not sure maybe. Should I raise the weight and use a Bar instead?

Regards to range of motion, I don't think I have been using momentum as such at all. (Well I hope not).

Regarding Lateral Raise, I will drop the weight back down next time like you recommend to make sure I get it right! These are tough for me. Shoulder seem to lack strength lol.

Right, note taken. I won't add anymore sets for now. I am currently on the 8th Week of this lifting program. I have been following youtube videos for form, it is never the same as someone else watching and saying yes good, or no bad.

Did lower Body today, I traded Plie Squat for Front Squat. I felt this would be fine. Was tough. Legs will probably ache tomorrow like they normally do for two days after...

Bit sceptical on calories still. Currently running at 3200 and weight hasn't gone up. I will see how this week weigh in goes, and then add more in I guess. I have been eating some 'bad' foods alongside to get calories up. Normally 80-20 or 85-15

I do my measurements on my body this Sunday and picture comparisons so time will see if it's not just water and fat I have added.

Apologies if I am not allowed to revive thread :-)

So this week is my 8th week completion out of the 12 on this program. I am glad I am lifting heavier after all your advice above. So thank you for this. Here below is my update

Overall, my lifts seem to be getting better on adding weight. Hardest I am finding to really progress on is Lateral Raise, Split Squats, Shoulder Press. But I will get there. I hope.

You can guess it my weight... it has not increased, it in fact has averaged in at lower this week at (-0.43) Pounds instead of a 0.5 pound increase.

Week 1: 120.62
    Week 2: 119.66
    Week 3: 117.5
    Week 4: 117.42
    Week 5: 117.32
    Week 6: 117.39
    Week 7: 117.28
    Week 8: 116.85

Body Measurements for all body parts have pretty much stayed the same from Weeks 2 - 8 now, or gone down. Luckily my waist has remained the same, but I do feel a bit flabby when I bend down... which is roughly around 27.5Inches.

Calories have remained at 3200 this week. I am going to up them slightly next week to 3400 and see what happens this week. Diet is still around 80-20 Wholefoods VS Processed Foods. Keeps me sane at least.

Cardio wise I will remain it the same around my routine to make it consistent. So Workout will be:

Monday - PE With Joe Wicks 20-30 Mins HIIT/MIIT + Upper Body Workout
    Tuesday - Lower Body & Abs
    Wednesday - PE With Joe Wicks 20-30 Mins HIIT/MIIT, Weighted Joe Wicks Circuit 30-35 Minutes
    Thursday - Upper Body Workout
    Friday - Lower Body Workout
    Saturday - HIIT Workout 20-30 Mins & Abs
    Sunday - Rest

This week's workout above is the last week of all the cardio (Week 9).When I go into Week 10 commencing 27th July, I am going to be reducing the cardio down to just Wednesday. Going forward it will be after this week:

27th July:
    Monday - Upper Body Workout
    Tuesday - Lower Body & Abs
    Wednesday - HIIT/MIIT 20-30 Minutes + Weighted Circuit & Tabata 30-35 Minutes
    Thursday - Upper Body Workout
    Friday - Lower Body Workout
    Saturday - Abs
    Sunday - Rest

Unfortunately work patterns remain the same. But hopefully, I can get more sleep in next week to recover better. I find by Friday after Lower Body Workout I am tired in the evening at work, and Saturday.

So progression for me is definitely is get more Sleep. Currently only getting 5-6 Hours maximum due to working early shifts in mornings. Going to aim for 7-8 Hours where possible. Even if it means going bed at 8PM.
    Adding Weight each session where possible whilst not losing decent form. If it means moving to a Barbell for this it may benefit me to do so.

Progress pictures will be on my Bodyspace.

Thanks again guys.

Put simply, if you want the number on the scale to go up, you need to eat more. Try adding 200 calories daily and check after 2 weeks. If it hasn't changed, add another 200 calories.

Expect lateral raises to progress slowly - it's a tiny isolation lift and you're better off adding reps before weight.

Oh, and don't fret over a bit of belly fat - a 27.5 inch waist is tiny and everyone has rolls when they bend over. Trying to avoid this will get in the way of a successful bulk.
    Last edited by RapidFail; 07-19-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Put simply, if you want the number on the scale to go up, you need to eat more. Try adding 200 calories daily and check after 2 weeks. If it hasn't changed, add another 200 calories.

Expect lateral raises to progress slowly - it's a tiny isolation lift and you're better off adding reps before weight.

Oh, and don't fret over a bit of belly fat - a 27.5 inch waist is tiny and everyone has rolls when they bend over. Trying to avoid this will get in the way of a successful bulk.
    Cheers for that.

I meant to ask. How long do you guys think I should be bulking in a surplus for?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Cheers for that.

I meant to ask. How long do you guys think I should be bulking in a surplus for?
    A long time. Not trying to be mean. Really: A long time.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    A long time. Not trying to be mean. Really: A long time.
    A long time eh? lol. Thanks, mean or not. I am on here for tips and advice. So thank you.

Generally you want to bulk for as long as possible without getting to an unhealthy body fat percentage (no need to measure it, just the mirror test will.do). Aiming to gain about 1kg per month should keep your gains mostly lean.
    Last edited by RapidFail; 07-23-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Generally you want to bulk for as long as possible without getting to an unhealthy body fat percentage (no need to measure it, just the mirror test will.do). Aiming to gain about 1kg per month should keep your gains mostly lean.
    Apologies to revive my old thread here. I felt it would be better than making a new one.

I have attached images of my body so far today of Front, Side, and Back with a pinch test front. Am I bulking too severely? I am not sure if I am gaining too much fat. My weight on the scales didn't really gain much. I have attached my weighgrapher graph as well.. I have been aiming for 0.5IBs per week to lean bulk.

I am currently running Fierce 5 to the best I can ATM. My compound lifts are all going up week by week, but they are not impressive yet in KG yet.

Over the period of time I have been cycling calories ranging from 2200 - 3400. But lately for consistency I have been sticking to 2880 for the last 2-3 weeks. I set MFP to 'Very Active' because of the step count below, workouts and weight wasn't moving much. I can provide more data if needed.

Am I gaining fat too fast guys? (Just wondering because of body composition) If I cut now, I feel like I will be 'spinning' my gears.

According to multiple sites I have calculated my maintenance I think to around 2300-2400 due to working/dog walking which comes to around 12000-20000+ steps a day.

So yeah any feedback would be great Please remove the (*) to get the images. Thanks everyone. :-)

h*ttps://postimg.cc/67DCdYRH
    h*ttps://postimg.cc/XBWFPqsd
    h*ttps://postimg.cc/JDZZKZ5R
    h*ttps://postimg.cc/H8t51mNK
    h*ttps://postimg.cc/jwHv2G96
    h*ttps://i.postimg.cc/9r8bDPxk/SideA.jpg
    h*ttps://i.postimg.cc/VJJRnSpk/SideB.jpg

h*ttps://postimg.cc/R6Kpf33H
    Trending Weight 121.33 IB
    Recorded Weight Today 120.25 IB
    One Week Change -0.47 IB
    One Month Change - -0.30 IB
    One Month Prediction - 120.83 IB

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you are losing weight, you can't be gaining fat too fast. Increase calories - I would add 200 cals now and wait until your lifting progress slows down then add more.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you are losing weight, you can't be gaining fat too fast. Increase calories - I would add 200 cals now and wait until your lifting progress slows down then add more.
    Well, the only reason I thought this was because some of my clothes have started to feel quite 'tight' and my belly feel a bit 'loose'. It might be a psychological thing.

Also, it isn't helping that my scales are being a little weird. I probably need a new set.

It's doing this: I weigh myself in the morning after the toilet etc. Example says 123 Pounds, then literally no changes at all, I hope onto it again is says 121 Pounds. Then, to confirm for a 3rd time I hop on again and it tells me the 121 Pounds still.. weird!

I am going to see how this week goes, and then up by 200. Well, that's if the gyms aren't closed after today in UK....

Well, the only reason I thought this was because some of my clothes have started to feel quite 'tight' and my belly feel a bit 'loose'. It might be a psychological thing.

Also, it isn't helping that my scales are being a little weird. I probably need a new set.

It's doing this: I weigh myself in the morning after the toilet etc. Example says 123 Pounds, then literally no changes at all, I hope onto it again is says 121 Pounds. Then, to confirm for a 3rd time I hop on again and it tells me the 121 Pounds still.. weird!

I am going to see how this week goes, and then up by 200. Well, that's if the gyms aren't closed after today in UK....
    My scales do that too - they need to 'tare' first before giving an accurate weight.

To answer the question - I agree with SP. You.should be gaining 2lb per month and if you're not, you should slowly increase calories until you are. You'll gain a little fat with it, but don't let that scare you off the process. You could go for a slower, 1lb per month rate of gain which could be all muscle, but personally I would find that more difficult in terms of tracking.
    Last edited by RapidFail; 10-12-2020 at 04:19 PM.

My scales do that too - they need to 'tare' first before giving an accurate weight.

To answer the question - I agree with SP. You.should be gaining 2lb per month and if you're not, you should slowly increase calories until you are. You'll gain a little fat with it, but don't let that scare you off the process. You could go for a slower, 1lb per month rate of gain which could be all muscle, but personally I would find that more difficult in terms of tracking.
    Oh right, that's weird then. Perhaps it is 'tearing' them lol. Well it did the same today.

I am not too paranoid about the fat gain as much, just that I am doing things right! I will see how this week goes. My graph currently shows sort of a constant weight average. I guess they say you don't get big if you don't eat big.

I meant to update as well. Meal timings are still around these sort of times:
    Breakfast 4.30AM - Proats with Peanut Butter & Strawberries
    Post Workout 12-13PM - Protein Pancakes & Fruit
    Lunch 15-17PM Salad, + Canned Fish with Legumes
    Dinner 19-20PM - Chicken/Fish + Vegetables & Sweet Potato with Cheese
    Late Evening Snack 21-22PM (Normally a bowel of oats with nuts)
    Between Meals sometimes something a bit 'junky' but I stick to max 500 calories on junk 80-20

But looking over this thread, and what I am doing now. It does feel like I am going in circles. But alas, I will keep going.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

scales sometimes have a short term memory - so they duplicate readings if they are repeated at (amost) the same level. This can be sidestepped by weighing something light (like your foot) between taking your real readings.

Just focus on weight gain over time and ignore the other red herrings.