Page 196 of 324 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,880 of 9707
    BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Coachbombay View Post
    She said straight up that they go to people who have a relationship with them, and I laughed and said it's proving pretty hard to build one.
    Par for the course these days. I'm nobody special at my AD, but they know I've bought a few things from them and referred friends. A couple visits ago they asked if I was interested in a BLRO, because they could get me one. Another time when I mentioned I didn't like Tudor because of the chunkiness, she offered to go in the back and get a BB58 and insisted I try it on. Shows that just being an existing customer means at least kind of something, even if you're not a VVVIP.
    Be the dog Iceman thinks he has
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BigRangs View Post
    Another time when I mentioned I didn't like Tudor because of the chunkiness, she offered to go in the back and get a BB58 and insisted I try it on. Shows that just being an existing customer means at least kind of something, even if you're not a VVVIP.
    The AD I went to for a polish on my girlfriend's cartier, and to buy the Tudor Bronze... it was the first visit but we were geeking out back and forth on watch stuff. I told him the one rolex i'd probably seek out to own one day is the Sky-Dweller and i asked if had handled one in store recently. He told me he had 2 regulars who put money down for one, the wait was supposed to be 6 months but it has been a little over a year and they still haven't gotten any in.

I thought that was his way of telling me "to fuk off, nice try". But I was lurking TRF and read some threads where guys who had 80k+ spend with their AD still hadn't gotten the call for a Sky-Dweller.

Can confirm rapport is everything though. When i was in england checking out tudor for the first time. I was having a coffee and chat with the sales lady about what i was looking for and why i was checking out tudor. Despite being initially told "everything they had was on display", 20 minutes into banter and laughs a manger magically "found" a BB-GMT for me to try on. Sadly, to BigRangs point, it was laughably chunky, the date window design looks lazy, and the watch just all around gives off "poor man's rolex vibes".
    DCA'ing FXS since Sept2022
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interview went decent that i had on Monday, so may be relocating to VA from NY. If so, i may go into my AD and mention that i'm moving out of the area for a positive work opportunity, and would be very interested in a BLNR like i said when i got my AK....
    MFC
    Misc Cologne Crew | **BBC** | Aventus Friday Crew

RIP YGST

Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kabananga View Post
    Ridiculous? Maybe to an obtuse troglodyte such as yourself, son. Educate yourself. Vintage 1950's and 1960's Omega is miles better than most of the new line-up, same goes for Rolex by the way. Modern watches are made to wear, so you would get them serviced more often. The steel used for modern internals is much softer than the old steel. Modern day Rolex and Omega internals show heavy signs of wear after 5-10 years (and all parts need to get replaced during service) while vintage watches can still be pristine inside after 60 years without a single service, even when worn daily for decades. That does not mean that every vintage watch will still be in good condition, but there are plenty of gems to find for cheap.

But don't take my word for it. After all, what do I know about the subject? I'm but a professional watch dealer who specializes in Omega
    Can confirm. Found a Carl Bucherer that belonged to my dad in a storage unit. Movement still working despite being in a box for over 30 years. Also got a Wittnaur and my great grandfathers Elgin pocketwatch. All being serviced.

Also will add that I bought a Speedy last year that lasted 2 months before it died and had to be sent back to the manufacturer.

My friend just had to send his Batman to Rolex because it died. Only reason he is keeping it is for resale.
    Last edited by Clockbro; 01-15-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Trudope View Post
    Got a call from the AD yesterday, said they had a surprise for me and it was the Daytona in black. They also had a SD43. I told them I'd take both

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iSRduBf.jpg[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nn8xqmu.jpg[img]

Jesus dude. Well fukking done.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    two new incomings for 2020

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And on that note I'm out of this thread ^^
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    AP's are definitely growing on me.

Going to need more disposable income though!

Need to get on getting these rental properties...
    MFC

RIP YGST

BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EnforcerOTF View Post

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DTUIxCg.jpg[/mg]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/GUmSykD.jpg[/mg]
    Dam son, nice pickups. 2020 off to a good start for MWC.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got a call from the AD yesterday, said they had a surprise for me and it was the Daytona in black. They also had a SD43. I told them I'd take both

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iSRduBf.jpgg]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nn8xqmu.jpg[g]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DTUIxCg.jpg[mg]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/GUmSykD.jpg[mg]
    I can only assume you bros bothered with the SD43 because of collection purposes. I always thought the SD was a bulkier, less aesthetic submariner and both of you already had way less boring stuff in your collection.

Originally Posted by twovalvekid View Post
    AP's are definitely growing on me.

Going to need more disposable income though!

Need to get on getting these rental properties...
    I like the standard selfwinding 41mm version. Can't get with the offshores.

Well if you're moving to VA at least now you'll actually have a chance of being able to afford a rental lol. Fuk trying to get into the NY real estate market.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

Originally Posted by W1LLW View Post

Well if you're moving to VA at least now you'll actually have a chance of being able to afford a rental lol. Fuk trying to get into the NY real estate market.
    It's not so bad up here in Upstate NY. In my area, i could easily get stuff rented and getting into houses around the 200k mark. Problem is the sunk costs to get in. In NY, closing costs alone (outside of down payment naturally) is 10K. That's a lot of purchasing power disappearing when youre looking at purchasing condos and townhomes to get rented.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Offshore is too large for my poverty wrists, but looks good on yours bro.

Originally Posted by W1LLW View Post
    I can only assume you bros bothered with the SD43 because of collection purposes. I always thought the SD was a bulkier, less aesthetic submariner and both of you already had way less boring stuff in your collection.
    SD43 fits surprisingly well but i still find it too large. I don't think it will stay in the collection long. AD won't care if I chop if as it isn't very difficult to get. Also I have a Batman so the SD43 is redundant. I don't get people who have a GMT, a Sub, and Seadweller. They are literally 3 very similar watches with minimal differences. Worst are people who have multiple subs or GMTs

Same for me. I was playing with my friend's a couple weeks ago when I was drunk, and was thinking of making him an offer for it since I know he's not crazy about it. Somehow I managed to take pics of it on my wrist and saw them the next day and was like damn that chit is way too big for me. Enforcer can pull it off.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

Also I have a Batman so the SD43 is redundant. I don't get people who have a GMT, a Sub, and Seadweller. They are literally 3 very similar watches
    okay yeah we can be friends, your logic doesn't piss me off lol
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

SD43 fits surprisingly well but i still find it too large. I don't think it will stay in the collection long. AD won't care if I chop if as it isn't very difficult to get. Also I have a Batman so the SD43 is redundant. I don't get people who have a GMT, a Sub, and Seadweller. They are literally 3 very similar watches with minimal differences. Worst are people who have multiple subs or GMTs

[img]https://i.imgur.com/0Wm6LLe.jpg[/mg]
    What sort of timeframe was there on the BLNR?
    MFC

RIP YGST

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

[img]htctps://i.imgur.com/iSRduBf.jpg[/img]

[img]httcps://i.imgur.com/nn8xqmu.jpg[/img]
    Mirin hard.

Meanwhile over here on poverty SKX island, I wear the Seiko more than anything these days.

Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    Mirin hard.

Meanwhile over here on poverty SKX island, I wear the Seiko more than anything these days.

Always loved the way the SK's looked. Love the all black/Mercedes hands modded ones too. One of those is definitely on my list.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What sort of timeframe was there on the BLNR?
    Got it in early 2018 and waited for a week.

I have a long relationship with the AD though and just purchased an 1815 chronograph.

Got it in early 2018 and waited for a week.

I have a long relationship with the AD though and just purchased an 1815 chronograph.
    Gotcha. Recently got my first, and have what i would say is at least a "positive" relationship with my AD. Being local in the small, touristy town helps. I may be moving soon though for a pseudo promotion, and may stop in if i hear anything and mention it.

They were all super nice so i ended up getting the guy that worked with me a growler of beer he liked. lol. Don't give a fukk, im a business oriented person and enjoy putting smiles on faces. He had a very positive response to it about having things for me in the new year.

So we'll see...
    MFC

RIP YGST

Pretty much blew though my watch budget for the year in the first month..

Last edited by Trudope; 01-17-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Cant see chit captain. Maybe I'm being cucked by IT....but imgur usually isn't.
    MFC

RIP YGST

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cant see chit captain. Maybe I'm being cucked by IT....but imgur usually isn't.
    The web proxy blocks imgur at my work too.

Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    The web proxy blocks imgur at my work too.
    I can go to imgur and look around. I put the link in separately in browser and it loaded....a blank post.
    MFC

RIP YGST

I fcked up the link. Fixed

I fcked up the link. Fixed
    Hnnnng. I dunno what it is about VC's. But it hits the hnng button for me.
    MFC

RIP YGST

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IUSJhp8.jpg[/im]

You're on a roll. Congrats bro! Random buy or have you been eyeing it?
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

Cool

You're on a roll. Congrats bro! Random buy or have you been eyeing it?
    I have been eyeing it for awhile but was reserving judgement until I actually saw it in person but my ad never had one in stock. Went in yesterday and they randomally had one.

Blue dial is spectacular and the easy strap change nice to have as the watch looks really good on rubber, so I bought it.

Will say the royal oak is still a bit nicer. Overall just better finishing on the bracelet and case.

No more watches for me until Christmas unless a nautalis comes available to me at retail lol

I have been eyeing it for awhile but was reserving judgement until I actually saw it in person but my ad never had one in stock. Went in yesterday and they randomally had one.

Blue dial is spectacular and the easy strap change nice to have as the watch looks really good on rubber, so I bought it.

Will say the royal oak is still a bit nicer. Overall just better finishing on the bracelet and case.

No more watches for me until Christmas unless a nautalis comes available to me at retail lol
    A few years ago a friend asked me what he should buy (already had Rolex, AP, Panerai), I told him to get a 5711. Lightly used were going for 25k or so. He lost interest so I said fuk it I'll buy one. Then I lost interest and can't tell you how many I turned down at 25-26k. And now here we are LOL.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

A few years ago a friend asked me what he should buy (already had Rolex, AP, Panerai), I told him to get a 5711. Lightly used were going for 25k or so. He lost interest so I said fuk it I'll buy one. Then I lost interest and can't tell you how many I turned down at 25-26k. And now here we are LOL.
    yeah it's pretty nuts. I am actually not a big fan of the 5711 (obv if i was offered one at retail I would take it and either sell/trade) but I love the 5712.

Does your AD carry patek? Unfortunately the AD i have a relationship with doesn't carry it (they carry Rolex, Lange, VC, AP). The AD who carries patek around here is one of the worst dealers I have ever dealt with

yeah it's pretty nuts. I am actually not a big fan of the 5711 (obv if i was offered one at retail I would take it and either sell/trade) but I love the 5712.

Does your AD carry patek? Unfortunately the AD i have a relationship with doesn't carry it (they carry Rolex, Lange, VC, AP). The AD who carries patek around here is one of the worst dealers I have ever dealt with
    Between two ADs I use they sell pretty much anything except PP and AP, which unfortunately are the two that I'm interested in right now. I've been slowly chipping away at the PP AD I met a year or so ago, but it's not easy. I stop by every couple months, went in with a friend who bought some jewelry...
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

Page 196 of 324 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 ... LastLast