mrpre is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy How to recover fast in 24h

I have the recovery problem and try a lot to overcome but failed.

I have limited time so I usually do benchpress/squat on Saturday and do squat/benchpress on Sunday. Both are heavy workout on different part of my body.

BUT, I offen feel tired at Sunday even I eat a lot and sleep more than 8 hours. So at Sunday workout I can't challenge the 1RM .

Is that called "central fatigue" ? How to fix it.

I tried BCAAs but not work for me.
    Last edited by mrpre; 01-14-2020 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo

nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000)
    You aren't giving your muscles enough time to recover. Try including a rest day between heavy workouts which involve the same muscle groups.
    The only way to do something is to do it

Squat -> 255lb 5RM
    Deadlift -> 280lb 5RM
    Bench -> 185lb 5RM

mrpre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nemLifts View Post
    You aren't giving your muscles enough time to recover. Try including a rest day between heavy workouts which involve the same muscle groups.
    Thanks, It's truly work for me to add another rest day between two heavy workouts day.

But I'm confused why the leg day are influenced by the yesterday's chest day.

nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000) nemLifts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah I see what you mean now.. Your total workout volume (reps x sets × weight) might be too high for each muscle group. So for example if you do chest saturday with a lighter weight but a high amount of repetitions, your volume could be causing significant muscular fatigue. This would make the heavy chest work on Sunday to be much more difficult. Same goes for legs
    The only way to do something is to do it

Squat -> 255lb 5RM
    Deadlift -> 280lb 5RM
    Bench -> 185lb 5RM

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrpre View Post
    I have limited time so I usually do benchpress/squat on Saturday and do squat/benchpress on Sunday. Both are heavy workout on different part of my body.

BUT, I offen feel tired at Sunday even I eat a lot and sleep more than 8 hours.
    maybe I am not reading it right, but, don't you work out same muscle groups on consecutive days?

benchpress/squat Saturday=squat/benchpress Sunday

You need closer to 48 hours to load the same muscle again. Recovery can only be sped up to a point. This is a function of metabolic processes which in turn is a function of chemical reactions, which can only undergo at certain speed. I imagine if you soak in a hot tub for 24 hours following the exercise to elevate your body temperture, this perhaps could help.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrpre View Post
    But I'm confused why the leg day are influenced by the yesterday's chest day.
    ok. If one is leg day and the other is chest, then there should be no problem. you can practically do both workouts on the same day.

I think I know what the issue is. From what you are saying, that you "eat a lot and sleep more than 8", that could be a problem. Digestion takes energy, especially if we are talking "plentiful" meals. Now, this is a bit unorthodox, but try sleeping and eating a little less, I am serious, you will be surprised how it works. Catch up on your sleep and food intake on some other days, but do not crowd you precious weekend with two heavy workouts with refeed and slumber. What you describe as a "central fatigue", could be a mental fog and digestive stupor.

Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    ok. If one is leg day and the other is chest, then there should be no problem. you can practically do both workouts on the same day.

I think I know what the issue is. From what you are saying, that you "eat a lot and sleep more than 8", that could be a problem. Digestion takes energy, especially if we are talking "plentiful" meals. Now, this is a bit unorthodox, but try sleeping and eating a little less, I am serious, you will be surprised how it works. Catch up on your sleep and food intake on some other days, but do not crowd you precious weekend with two heavy workouts with refeed and slumber. What you describe as a "central fatigue", could be a mental fog and digestive stupor.
    I agree