Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xMerTreKx View Post
    i not skipped i do it at the end of m day... and i cant order a scale since i dont have a home address.. i have very limited space im doing as much as i can i was able to get a propane cooking stove so i can actually make food now so thats a step in the right direction
    Scale isn't necessarily necessary. Just keep try to keep track of your macros with myfitnesspal. But as much as lifting will help someone feel better, always put priority to the more important things in life first, like getting a job / apartment etc if those are also your goals.
    But hitting the gym and fixing those things both is of course preferred.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Scale isn't necessarily necessary. Just keep try to keep track of your macros with myfitnesspal. But as much as lifting will help someone feel better, always put priority to the more important things in life first, like getting a job / apartment etc if those are also your goals.
    But hitting the gym and fixing those things both is of course preferred.
    i have the job working on a living situation just places to rent here are stupid expensive.. but its in the works and my calorie intake yesterday was 1200

clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000) clwhoops44 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have the job working on a living situation just places to rent here are stupid expensive.. but its in the works and my calorie intake yesterday was 1200
    Where is "here"?

xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by clwhoops44 View Post
    Where is "here"?
    Colorado , Denver

Colorado , Denver
    Sorry its been a while since i have updated on my progress been super busy but i have lost 10.5 lbs which is nice and i have been eating 2k calories up from my 500 i was eating its still really weird to be eat so much makes me feel like a fat person lol but least im making progress

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry its been a while since i have updated on my progress been super busy but i have lost 10.5 lbs which is nice and i have been eating 2k calories up from my 500 i was eating its still really weird to be eat so much makes me feel like a fat person lol but least im making progress
    2000 calories is not a lot, to get up to over 400 lbs you were probably eating 5000 calories a day at least.

Make sure you're tracking and weighing everything, otherwise you really have no idea how much you're eating.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 09-02-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by alexhennry123 View Post
    Do exercise with the dedication & take proper healthy food instead of junk food. Eat more & more protein in your diet and cut off the carbohydrate in your diet.
    I personally wouldn't recommend cutting off an entire macronutrient category from one's diet. Achieving the right balance is one thing, but he doesn't need to cut out carbs in order to succeed.

If you read this thread, you'll note that OP has specific challenges to deal with that mean he might have to do with what he can get. Cutting out carbs altogether may not be feasible.

Originally Posted by mckajdos View Post
    I personally wouldn't recommend cutting off an entire macronutrient category from one's diet. Achieving the right balance is one thing, but he doesn't need to cut out carbs in order to succeed.

If you read this thread, you'll note that OP has specific challenges to deal with that mean he might have to do with what he can get. Cutting out carbs altogether may not be feasible.

everything is at a stand still at the moment anyways since im in the hospital with a very serve case of cellulitis and a mild heart attack...once i dont feel like death warmed over ill get back on track and and to the person that said i eat 5k calories a day thats alot of food if u ready my thread you now i spent the last 5 years only eating 3 ramen noodles a day and drinking soda and just sitting around not being active at all

Chesterkyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So i have recently become home less and i have always been a big dude. i don't really remember what happened that made me just give up and not care. be i got a gym membership just so i can shower since i live in my car and i figured if i'm in the gym already i might as well try getting back in shape. i started just doing stuff in the pool like walking and jumping up and done running in place and doing the bike in the water just to get everything moving i don't now what else i should try. i have 3 protein shakes a day and one ramen noddles and just drink water,, all i can really do in my situation atm i sometimes will eat a meal at a diner if i have a little extra money... i am currently 440 pounds and my all time goal would be to be 250. Any advice or comments would be welcomed

Hey buddy,

It's great that you're making a change to your body. Besides counting calories, the type of food you eat matters as well, for example, nutrient dense vs non-nutrient dense food. Here's an article I've written and I hope this will help you in your weight loss journey:

Are you eating clean now in an effort to see a change in your weight? That’s great! But if you ever find yourself using the words “cheat day”, you’re most probably fighting the urge to indulge in your favorite foods and feel resentful about your current meal routine. So how long do you see yourself sustaining this diet plan? At some point in time, you’ll break away from your plan and start eating like the way you’re used to and before you know it, that goal you had in mind will drift further and further to a land far far away.

Here’s the big question, why do you see people licking on ice cream and munching on chips but still have the body of a Spartan that came straight out from the movie 300? The answer to this question is that they are in control of what they eat and they CHOOSE to eat those sweet treats knowing exactly that it will not affect their usual nutritional routine. In this article, I’m going to share some ways this group of people manage to keep their physique without worrying about the type of food they are consuming.

1. Good nutritional habits, start somewhere

Start by listing a few good nutritional habits and pick the easiest one for you to follow. Then try to sustain it for a week. After a week, pick another habit and add on to the first habit that you have already achieved. Repeat this cycle till you have achieved all habits on your list and chances are you’ll see a change in your body. If you do not know what are some of the good nutritional habits, you can download my nutritional guide for free and take a look at the nutritional habit challenge at the last page.

2. Pick your healthy favorites

Write down a list of your favorite foods and identify the healthier ones. From there, simply shuffle them around to make up your daily meal routine. You may refer to the sample below:

My favorite food list

Grilled salmon with brown rice

Macdonald’s Big Breakfast

Oatmeal

Milk tea

Black coffee

KFC fried chicken

Yoghurt

Chocolate cake

Pasta

Grilled chicken salad

Steamed chicken

Coke

Water

Potato chips

Mixed nuts

Fruit juice

My meal sample

Breakfast: Oatmeal (I can add bananas and skimmed milk to make it more tasty), black coffee with no sugar.

Lunch: Grilled chicken salad (I can replace thousand island dressing with olive oil), bottle of water.

Pre-workout meal: Pasta (I can choose pasta made out of whole wheat), sparkling water.

Post-workout meal: Greek yoghurt (I can choose to add honey and berries), freshly squeezed orange juice.

Dinner: Steamed chicken (without skin), bottle of water.

3. Familiarize yourself with servings

Almost everything you eat comes with calories and eating in large quantities even if it’s healthier food choices will cause you to put on additional weight. One great way to gauge your calorie intake is to eat till the point of satisfaction and not fullness. To learn more ways to gauge your calorie intake, download my free nutritional guide here.

Of course, having a good eating habit does not mean that you have to totally give up on the sweet treats. In fact, taking a break from your usual nutrition routine may help in losing more weight when you get back on track again. While it is obvious that having ice cream and chips every two days causes weight gain and potential health problems, having them once in a while (every 3 - 4 weeks) won’t kill you either. The key take away is to have everything in moderation.

Use the tips above and try to develop a good nutrition routine that’s unique to you, and hopefully one day you’ll be joining those people licking away at an ice cream and munching on chips while having a great physique!
    Last edited by dj924s; 09-14-2019 at 09:36 PM.

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    everything is at a stand still at the moment anyways since im in the hospital with a very serve case of cellulitis and a mild heart attack...once i dont feel like death warmed over ill get back on track

...[snip]...
    Wow, man - hope you recover quickly!