Page 109 of 237 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 7086
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Most of the regulars joined this site around 2004-2006 but I guess nobody thought to start a chat thread earlier than late 2005. We were all pretty serious about our training answering exercise questions and posting in each other's journals. One day a regular decided it'd be good if we could all talk OT right here without going into the Misc. and the Rant thread was born.

It probably hit its peak in 2007 with several hundred posts a day but those threads were hard deleted. It was still pretty active until about 3 years ago. To be honest I don't think it's just this thread. I think a lot of people lost interest in this site altogether. Compared to 5-10 years ago there are a lot of other places you can spend your time online.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Most of the regulars joined this site around 2004-2006 but I guess nobody thought to start a chat thread earlier than late 2005. We were all pretty serious about our training answering exercise questions and posting in each other's journals. One day a regular decided it'd be good if we could all talk OT right here without going into the Misc. and the Rant thread was born.

It probably hit its peak in 2007 with several hundred posts a day but those threads were hard deleted. It was still pretty active until about 3 years ago. To be honest I don't think it's just this thread. I think a lot of people lost interest in this site altogether. Compared to 5-10 years ago there are a lot of other places you can spend your time online.
    Unfortunately yes traffic here is certainly down. Other forms of social media are taking some activity away from forums. I feel old for preferring forums now without ever getting on the twit, snap, or IG and hating FB etc.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Unfortunately yes traffic here is certainly down. Other forms of social media are taking some activity away from forums. I feel old for preferring forums now without ever getting on the twit, snap, or IG and hating FB etc.
    I think the biggest issue is how it functions on a mobile device. I'll often check it from my phone then reply from a computer. And I only bother because I've been here for a long time. Someone new might just say fk it.

Cliffs: needs an overhaul.

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think the biggest issue is how it functions on a mobile device. I'll often check it from my phone then reply from a computer. And I only bother because I've been here for a long time. Someone new might just say fk it.

Cliffs: needs an overhaul.
    I only use desktop version from my phone, mobile version is terrible

I only use desktop version from my phone, mobile version is terrible
    And that's a big problem. Desktop version might be okay on a tablet but most people will be squinting to read on a phone, especially in portrait.

The mobile version with [view image] appearing instead of an embedded image is painful. And when you click on an image it takes you to another window instead of expanding under the text. Completely kills whatever joke someone was going for or disrupts your train of thought.

Even on the desktop my reply will randomly disappear and I'll have to hit F5/refresh for it to appear. We persist with it because we're old timers here. Someone new or passing through will most likely say fk this I'm out of here.

Bottom line is the vbulletin software they're running looked old 10 years ago so it belongs in a museum today. Time to archive everything and start with a new platform.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    What up Rant? Anyone wanna talk about something else other than football? Don't get me wrong, I love the sport, but only when I am watching it.
    What do you think of ****n Kapernick?

lol@filter

TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Forums in general are just a dying breed too. I remember growing up with forums being the only social media you really have (besides MySpace) to just chat with people online who share common interests. Now people are less inclined to have conversations, more just picture sharing and making a statement (platforms like Twitter and IG where it’s all mindless posting pics and short one liners).

The mobile version of this site seriously sucks. I normally navigate by “new posts” (or Today’s Posts depending on Android vs iOS). And it never shows which sub forum a thread is in, which on laptops it does. You end up venturing into certain sections of B.B. or worse, subsections on the misc not knowing what you’re stepping into. The view image thing and inability to multi quote is annoying also.

But. I think it’s important to make the best of the situation. I doubt devs will put much effort into the forum bc it’s not a money generating part of B.B. We just have to deal with it unfortunately.

Also happy Thanksgiving!
    They said she's gone too far this time

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TrinnieBuu View Post
    Forums in general are just a dying breed too. I remember growing up with forums being the only social media you really have (besides MySpace) to just chat with people online who share common interests. Now people are less inclined to have conversations, more just picture sharing and making a statement (platforms like Twitter and IG where it’s all mindless posting pics and short one liners).
    Hello, nice to meet you.

I'm really not sure why, but I feel like a prominent social media platform is Twitter. From what I can tell, the nature of followers and attention worthy posters gets much better filtered when the posts are limited, as tweets are. If people want to speak longer, they can do a tweet thread, which is annoying imo, but serviceable and even serves to stand out more than other forms of expounding (single tweets or regular forum threads). Idunno, it's probably not the case that Twitter necessarily replaced the function of forums, but that people have less time for forums in favor of all the other inferior means of communication via social media. In Economics we call those Giffen Goods.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Don't get me wrong, I love the sport, but only when I am watching it.
    By the way, if you think your school can compete with mine or Papas, by all means, let's hear all about it! If not, feel free to do like all the others. Big day tomorrow.

I thought politics was a legit discussion until it started involving threats...?
    Threats? I really doubt there were any threats in the rant. Or it's news to me.

fantasy football is always good and WW2 was too long ago.
    Nice, sounds like it's open again.

Happy Thanksgiving, Orlando, eat a lot and try to do some lifting on Friday!
    Thanks, did good on the eat and drink part. Also a good story about the niece that didn't bring her libby non-football playing boyfriend. Maybe I'll share it later, lots of laughs and pride for her.
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Threats? I really doubt there were any threats in the rant. Or it's news to me.
    I'ma rek u m8.

PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Rant is absolutely jumping lately.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

Has experience with a Belgian Malinois

TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Hello, nice to meet you.

I'm really not sure why, but I feel like a prominent social media platform is Twitter. From what I can tell, the nature of followers and attention worthy posters gets much better filtered when the posts are limited, as tweets are. If people want to speak longer, they can do a tweet thread, which is annoying imo, but serviceable and even serves to stand out more than other forms of expounding (single tweets or regular forum threads). Idunno, it's probably not the case that Twitter necessarily replaced the function of forums, but that people have less time for forums in favor of all the other inferior means of communication via social media. In Economics we call those Giffen Goods.
    I absolutely agree. We all tend to go for instant gratification short one-liner kind of communication. Look at how texting took over calling, how now sometimes calling someone might be considered rude unless you’re close with them. It’s easier to project a certain image if people can only see you one line at a time, instead of having prolonged conversations, which I think forums are mostly made for.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I absolutely agree. We all tend to go for instant gratification short one-liner kind of communication. Look at how texting took over calling, how now sometimes calling someone might be considered rude unless you’re close with them. It’s easier to project a certain image if people can only see you one line at a time, instead of having prolonged conversations, which I think forums are mostly made for.
    I might be wrong on this, but I think the election had an impact on things. This forum's always had a pretty vital right-wing presence, so I'd doubt that it got impacted much, but stuff like twitter and ******** has a lot more general activism.
    Originally Posted by PapaBurgandy View Post
    The Rant is absolutely jumping lately.
    That's what Kris Kross will make you do.

I might be wrong on this, but I think the election had an impact on things. This forum's always had a pretty vital right-wing presence, so I'd doubt that it got impacted much, but stuff like twitter and ******** has a lot more general activism.
    There's a good reason why there's an R&P section — to keep it out of threads like this one. No question it had drove a few people away. Those same people don't care for firearms discussion and there's a thread for that too.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't want Hill and Bill back in the saddle so I'm guilty as charged with election talk.

I've since disengaged completely from politics both US and Oz. It's a waste of time. After sleep, work, and other responsibilities, how many hours free do you really have? Why waste them? Furthermore why waste anyone else's time discussing it? Find what makes you happy and spend more time invested in those things.

That's what Kris Kross will make you do.
    Do you mean BB as a whole and it directly impacted this thread? This last election was definitely polarizing, which has its own pros and cons. I think a lot more people are engaged in politics now than before the election, but at the same time a lot of them are focusing too much on our differences and finger pointing (on both sides) instead of just realizing that when you sabotage the left or the right, everyone suffers.

There's a good reason why there's an R&P section — to keep it out of threads like this one. No question it had drove a few people away. Those same people don't care for firearms discussion and there's a thread for that too.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't want Hill and Bill back in the saddle so I'm guilty as charged with election talk.

I've since disengaged completely from politics both US and Oz. It's a waste of time. After sleep, work, and other responsibilities, how many hours free do you really have? Why waste them? Furthermore why waste anyone else's time discussing it? Find what makes you happy and spend more time invested in those things.
    I have accidentally entered R&P once or twice. Too many close minded people. I'm sure y'all have the same experience irl too with debating with friends and family about politics. Normally it's not so bad, but this last election everyone takes a disagreement as a personal insult for some odd reasons. I used to read the news five times a day. Now I don't even bother because it's the same shyt every day. I still pay attention to local politics though because that actually might impact me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mainly had my sights set on the Bernie crowd. Not that I disagreed with the spirit of Democrat reform, but it was just too antagonizing opposite Republicans.
    I think a lot more people are engaged in politics now than before the election, but at the same time a lot of them are focusing too much on our differences and finger pointing (on both sides) instead of just realizing that when you sabotage the left or the right, everyone suffers.
    That's what I was meaning by general activism. I just see a lot more of people talking about an issue with simplifying it down to one umbrella problem with people.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

There's a lot to see in the world and first hand adventure to partake rather than whine about Trump while coasting on a segway.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

And I was saying that I'd think this forum didn't get impacted much given the sociopolitical conduct of the Misc and otherwise politically independent outlook in other forums aside from maybe the Nutrition section. I can only imagine the harsh words you had for Hillary, Dom, but I feel it's healthy to express your reserves on such matters in any general setting.

There is no singular topic that everybody will care for.

I don't care for tennis discussion and there is a forum for that, too (not just a thread, but an actual official Sports section). But then the entire Rant is off topic and doesn't really belong since this section is for "Exercises" sooo

There is no singular topic that everybody will care for.

I don't care for tennis discussion and there is a forum for that, too (not just a thread, but an actual official Sports section). But then the entire Rant is off topic and doesn't really belong since this section is for "Exercises" sooo
    Point about tennis was noted and I took that to the relevant Misc. thread over 3 years ago. O occasionally brought it up when the US Open rolled around but that would have been a handful of posts.

I never laid down any strict rules about what can and can't be discussed, nor did Vox, but I did say fantasy football, guns, and politics would eventually drive people away... and it did. Can't argue with the fact it went from several 8K threads a year to a trickle. Something changed*.

*And as discussed earlier I don't believe it's just this thread. Traffic is down right across the board on this site. Poor mobile experience is the first thing I'd be addressing. Archive all this stuff and start afresh.

Point about tennis was noted and I took that to the relevant Misc. thread nearly 4 years ago. O occasionally brought it up when the US Open rolled around but that would have been a handful of posts.

I never laid down any strict rules about what can and can't be discussed, nor did Vox, but I did say fantasy football, guns, and politics would eventually drive people away... and it did. Can't argue with the fact it went from several 8K threads a year to a trickle. Something changed*.

*And as discussed earlier I don't believe it's just this thread. Traffic is down right across the board on this site. Poor mobile experience is the first thing I'd be addressing. Archive all this stuff and start afresh.
    The people who posted in here a lot simply stopped posting, it seems, is what happened.

Yes to all the general forum and vbulletin/mobile issues

The people who posted in here a lot simply stopped posting, it seems, is what happened.
    That's pretty much it. TAAB, Kvk, and Chaz probably racked up close to a thousand posts a thread.

Point about tennis was noted and I took that to the relevant Misc. thread over 3 years ago. O occasionally brought it up when the US Open rolled around but that would have been a handful of posts.

People don't like to lose. Look how many times they said they can't wait for us to get the D in nov. But there were tons of good debates when the dems won.

Nobody complained about ffb that one odd year when I actually lost a lot.

And who could possibly not like guns?

I blame taab, he must have got a real job.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    The Rant was fun when it was all about everyone busting each other's balls, talking about random BS, when it moved fast, and when D1 was around to hand crap posters their ass.

TaaB and KvK did their best to keep it going and were the heart of the Rant after D1, W8, BluntD, Mindy and some of the earlier ranters left. Those two, specifically, asked people not to flood the Rant with Fantasy Football talk, and mindless arguments, but nobody wanted to listen. So they left and then then things really got boring. To be fair, the thread was already declining by then because of a general decrease in forum traffic. But new potential Ranters would probably take one look and see a FF or Political debate and just go somewhere else.

I doubt this thread will ever see a resurgence. But if it's ever going to it would take a concerted "recruiting" effort get anyone into this ghost town.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    TAAB
    KvK
    Darinaldi
    D1
    W8
    Chazzy
    Lencho (et al)
    Tyrbo
    Mindy
    gecko
    Turco
    Shoup
    therorschach
    BluntD
    CYTX
    -Lucifer
    Greenfeather
    Strongforgood
    SDflip
    Drekkor
    mAssholio
    Ctrainer
    jmonty
    demike
    medjen
    ossizen
    skizbees
    Screamin
    Spirit

... and that's just a small list of people who were simultaneously active in the Rant off the top of my head.

☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    The Rant was fun when it was all about everyone busting each other's balls, talking about random BS, when it moved fast, and when D1 was around to hand crap posters their ass.

TaaB and KvK did their best to keep it going and were the heart of the Rant after D1, W8, BluntD, Mindy and some of the earlier ranters left. Those two, specifically, asked people not to flood the Rant with Fantasy Football talk, and mindless arguments, but nobody wanted to listen. So they left and then then things really got boring. To be fair, the thread was already declining by then because of a general decrease in forum traffic. But new potential Ranters would probably take one look and see a FF or Political debate and just go somewhere else.

I doubt this thread will ever see a resurgence. But if it's ever going to it would take a concerted "recruiting" effort get anyone into this ghost town.
    Not sure you have the names right, or misspoke. Taab, Chaz, and Farley were the pioneers of fantasy football in here. Taab would regularly pm about ffb stuff as well and posted a lot about the league. His big rule was not to talk about other leagues you're in. Many ranters played over the 5 year stretch. kvk I can believe, you'd have to be blind not to see how big of a twat he was.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Not sure you have the names right, or misspoke. Taab, Chaz, and Farley were the pioneers of fantasy football in here. Taab would regularly pm about ffb stuff as well and posted a lot about the league. His big rule was not to talk about other leagues you're in. Many ranters played over the 5 year stretch. kvk I can believe, you'd have to be blind not to see how big of a twat he was.
    There's a difference between participating in a league and doing nothing BUT talk about it. For instance, going on and on and on and on about BS like who is the "champion" or some nonsense at every opportunity.

Also, Kvk is 5000x the Ranter you'll ever be. He was actually clever, even when you didn't agree with him. You're simply a tiresome racist who should have been shown the door long ago.

But I'll give you credit. In the end of the day, trolls like you won. So feel free to add it to your sig.

... and that's just a small list of people who were simultaneously active in the Rant off the top of my head.
    That's a lot of people and how many actually went and posted elsewhere on these forums?

That's a big red flag for me. I mean if they were still posting on this site you could squarely blame the state of this thread but to my knowledge they're not. They just stopped logging in.

Flogging a dead horse here but I think the excruciating mobile experience is a bigger issue than they realize. 10 years ago it was all laptops and desktops. Now as you know a large % of the traffic is from a mobile device. The last time I attempted a reply on my phone was worse than a trip to the dentist.

The Rant was fun when it was all about everyone busting each other's balls, talking about random BS
    And that was the key. On any given day it was a melting pot of random topics. Once it dropped anchor with those 3 topics it became predictable and went into a tailspin.

Miss D1. Used to stay in touch via email but I haven't heard from him in some time.

That's a lot of people and how many actually went and posted elsewhere on these forums?

That's a big red flag for me. I mean if they were still posting on this site you could squarely blame the state of this thread but to my knowledge they're not. They just stopped logging in.

Flogging a dead horse here but I think the excruciating mobile experience is a bigger issue than they realize. 10 years ago it was all laptops and desktops. Now as you know a large % of the traffic is from a mobile device. The last time I attempted a reply on my phone was worse than a trip to the dentist.

And that was the key. On any given day it was a melting pot of random topics. Once it dropped anchor with those 3 topics it became predictable and went into a tailspin.
    Yea, to be sure there are a lot of factors. The terrible mobile experience, the decrease in popularity of forums in general, the fact that you can't even find the forums from the front page of BB.com, etc.

But I do think that the conversational / topical state of the thread still needs to shoulder some of the blame. It was always true that people stopped posting and would leave the site. But back in the day they were replaced with new Ranters because the thread was interesting and had critical mass.

Miss D1. Used to stay in touch via email but I haven't heard from him in some time.
    I think D1's sarcastic posting style influenced more than a few Ranters and resulted in the thread having a little extra edge to it. I'd have a beer with the dude.

Too bad he was never a mod, because he'd have rustled the misc. right into oblivion.

Lucifer's the only one I didn't know posted here on a regular.

+1 on bustin' balls. That was something to start your day for sure.

I was only here for a matter of a couple of years I think, but at one point I felt like people started talking about ffb not really that long after the last season had passed. It was kinda confusing, but I could be confused myself.

Also, Hisihad. What a guy that one.

Page 109 of 237 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast