Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation So You Wanna Troll The Over 35 Forum With Fake Stats???

I have to get this off my chest, “Things not to do In the Gym”
    1. Sit on the only lat pull down in the gym on a busy day while reading a newspaper!
    2. Park in the handicap parking and go in and jog or do aerobics for an hour!
    3. Flat bench 35 lbs dbs and drop them on the floor each set!
    4. Take over a flat bench leave your items on the bench then go to the other side of the gym and talk to a friend for an hour!
    5. Start a rumor in the gym about someone you do not have the balls to confront!
    6. Leave your weights out on the floor or bar when finished!
    7. Give out advise when no one asked for it!
    8. Sit and stare at the person next to you!
    9. Do your stretching or warm-up’s in between the cross over cable area so no one else can use the cross over cables
    10. Hire a personal trainer because your personality is so vile that you have no friends who would workout with you!
    Please if I forgot a few add to the list.

This member was in question the moment he signed up. Here is an example of how things do catch up with you sooner or later. Many members PM'd me about his "e-stats" and well let's face it...he was full of it.

Read page 9
    Last edited by fitnessman; 10-24-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Forever cutting..... Blake Austin's Avatar
    Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brilliant post.
    ~I'm an egomaniac with a inferiority complex...

~I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic,
    awful, beautiful life.........

thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    #7 is my challenge.

it's hard to see half squats and faces turned up to the sky. still, i won't bother unless they actually ask and will listen.

Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I find annoying the people who are there to socialize, in between sets. They catch up on the past, talk about their weekends (must be in a loud voice also, even though they are two feet from each other), blah blah blah. All while using the the Pec Dec fly machine. So it takes them about 20 minutes to complete 3 sets apiece!!

STFU, do your sets, and talk outside the gym!!!!!

Registered subduer stephenlouis's Avatar
    stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000)
    One that does bother me is people who take five minutes to "catch their breathe" between sets, and do not move away from the cable machine so others can work in between their extended breathers.
    There is no gravity, the earth just sucks.

Oh I think I have the best one.....the people in the gym who talk on their cell phones!! AHHHH!! Why would you even bring your phone into the gym with you??

They should be launched into the sun. Now. Today.

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    11. Curl in the Squat rack.
    12. Leave 8 plates on the leg press when lots of women want to use it.
    13. Leave one DB of a set in another part of the gym where nobody else can find it.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

I never would have guessed we all work out at the same gym!
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000)
    I really hate the weight dropping. If you bought them OK, if not place them back on the floor.

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    14. The famous two person bench press - one pressing half the weight, one spotting the other half.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

Buzz363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No posing in the gym. No exceptions. Even if you're 20 years old with 15 inch arms and a tank top.

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Never......... and i mean never
    pass gas when it's only you and a hot cardio bunny. Cuz the very second that it leaves your ass and reaches smell maturity. The aforementioned bunny will decide it is time for some light DB action.
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All that **** is the reason I started working out at home.

I do miss #8, but I would be slick about it and use the mirrors to check out the hot chicks.

Alot of people use the gym as a social gathering, and I can respect that, but thay need to get the hell out of the way.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hapkido
    I have to get this off my chest, “Things not to do In the Gym”
    1. Sit on the only lat pull down in the gym on a busy day while reading a newspaper!
    2. Park in the handicap parking and go in and jog or do aerobics for an hour!
    3. Flat bench 35 lbs dbs and drop them on the floor each set!
    4. Take over a flat bench leave your items on the bench then go to the other side of the gym and talk to a friend for an hour!
    5. Start a rumor in the gym about someone you do not have the balls to confront!
    6. Leave your weights out on the floor or bar when finished!
    7. Give out advise when no one asked for it!
    8. Sit and stare at the person next to you!
    9. Do your stretching or warm-up’s in between the cross over cable area so no one else can use the cross over cables
    10. Hire a personal trainer because your personality is so vile that you have no friends who would workout with you!
    Please if I forgot a few add to the list.
    That is one complete list.

I have reached the point in my life where I will confront people when they violate simple rules of etiquette, like those which you have mentioned. Ways I have tried to confront the above:

1. Ask to work in, even if it is not my back day. I will do this until they get the hint.

2. Say "Hey, I've seen you work out...the last place you need to park is in the handicap spot".

3. Offer to spot them because dropping the weights like that will surely not only hurt the weights, it will lead to elbow problems (gets 'em everytime).

4. Move their stuff.

5. I don't see this one too often...

6. First time after observing it for several times: ask them if they are done with the bar. When they say yes, I say, "I'll put the weights away for you then." This often works. The second time, I will tell them that I don't want to pick up after them every time, and out of consideration they should put the weights away. If they leave them on the floor, I will immediately tell them that this is very dangerous.

7. When someone gives me advice that I did not ask for and I do not know them, I introduce myself to them, shake hands, and say "I'll consider that the next time I am doing this bodypart." They usually catch on. I will add if it is someone who knows what they are doing, I will listen and discuss because I assume that they must have seen something.

8. I'm not sure about this one. Usually I see this with guys who are ogling girls. I usually tell them to get back to work and give the girls a break. If someone is staring at me, I assume its because of the weight I'm handling or the exercise I'm doing.

9. See item one above.

10. I tell anyone who will listen to never hire a personal trainer, especially one who is on staff at a gym.

Ray
    Last edited by pastorgbc; 09-06-2006 at 10:44 AM.
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Utah...but I'm taller batteryrequired's Avatar
    batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Running shorts are ok for runners, but do not wear them in the gym for lifting. Long basketball shorts are better, pants are preferred however....especially if you NEVER train legs (please, for the love of Pete... cover those pencil calves up) Spandex pants? Need I really say anything about this one?

Acceptable beverages to drink at the gym, water, gatorade, or any similar type of sports drinks (except pink colored ones or anything that looks or smells like Kool_aid)

As an add on for No.3, Do not grunt while bench pressing with 35lb DB like your gonna paint the walls in front of you either. Its not impressive.
    Double T Sponsored Athlete!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

"If you are going through hell... keep going" Sir Winston Churchill

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man, last night at the gym, the place was full of dumbbell droppers.
    I was terrified for my feet!

That and all the people who left weights on bars, and dumbbells on the floor, or a single bell in a mysterious place...

Here's a couple:

Do not leave your sweat all over the bench. Get a towel. Use it.

Do not flail around like a fish on a hook to get the weights where you want them to go. (A variation: Do not do an exercise if you have no earthly idea how to do it, or what body part you are working.)

That last one cracks me up. I see guys doing DB raises, flexing their hips and back and rocking back and forth to get the weights up - or hanging from the lat bar, lifting their asses several inches with each rep and flailing back and forth to get the weight to move with momentum. What *is* the point?

jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcote is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by empresscat
    Man,..... or hanging from the lat bar, lifting their asses several inches with each rep and flailing back and forth to get the weight to move with momentum. What *is* the point?
    Why, the point is to *empress* you!

--JEFF, 36, 6'3", 230LBS
    Effort.Commitment.Dedication.Perseverance.Ambition.
    Turn off the computer, Get in the gym, Shut-up and Lift!

Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This afternoon a guy came and asked me, "how much longer are you going to take on this machine? " I'd just done my last of 3 sets of 20 with a 30 second pause, so it's not as if I were reading the newspaper or had fallen asleep. Damned rude in my opinion. And the gym was almost empty!

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

The dude walks up to the dumbbell rack lifts off a pair and starts lifting right there. If anyone wants to workout within range of the pair he's using...wait.

Course if the dude is half blind at least up close and personal in the mirror is the best place to check out his progress.

------------------

I like the one where the dude squeezes of a nice "loud" fart and then smiles like Chehire cats in the Walt Disney movie. You can't help laugh and no one gives a flip, but the chicks that wanna be indignant.

I just laugh... warms up the place, eh?

If you can't tell. I'm never torqued off much. I've got about 10-14 exercises I plan to do. If I don't get just what I want I'll workaround. I guess I learned that from being on the road.
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by Ruth
    This afternoon a guy came and asked me, "how much longer are you going to take on this machine? " I'd just done my last of 3 sets of 20 with a 30 second pause, so it's not as if I were reading the newspaper or had fallen asleep. Damned rude in my opinion. And the gym was almost empty!
    Hey! I've done that many times. I'm not into mind reading, or trying to scope out what someone is gonna do next. The time I have for workouts is planned, and I go for it. When people ask that ain't rude...when they just work in that's kinda rude.

Most people will ask "how much longer are you going to take on this machine?" or similar stuff. I just tell'em... 1 set to go of 10s, etc. I could care less. I think you're being too sensitive about it.
    Last edited by domineaux; 09-06-2006 at 01:56 PM.
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

Don't talk to me in the middle of my set!

True story. I was doing decline dumbell presses. There was a medicine ball about three feet away from me. Three feet, and I'm doing decline presses. Up comes this mental midget of a dude, in his 40's, he knows how to work out because he has some muscles/muscle tone, but he proceeds to ask me, while I'm in the middle of my set, "ARE YOU USING THAT MEDICINE BALL?"!!

I was like WTF man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the same dude who would profusely sweat on cardio machines and benches, and NEVER, EVER, wipe them down. No gym manners whatsoever.

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't consider it a problem to politely ask how much longer a person is going to be on a piece of equipment. Based on their answer, I may wait or I may go and do something else for a while.

One pet peeve I've run into recently is guys who grab a couple of DBs off the rack and then do their exercise RIGHT IN FRONT of the DB rack so that no one else can get near the rack. The real winners are the guys who do their DB rows with one hand on the rack. How sociopathic can ya get?

Later,
    Steve

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Seriously...you've actually seen someone do that?!

#6 drives me up the wall. That and re-racking the plates in a completely half-assed manner. I don't want to dig through 5 45's to get to the 2.5 plate. The pegs on our plate racks are all marked with numbers - I wish people would give a damn about the next person enough to pay attention to that.

People who set up too close drive me nuts. The other day a woman plopped down on an exercise ball about 6 inches from the rack during a set of squats. The bar's travel path was basically through her skull. I avoided her as best I could, and then tried to nicely point out what kind of damage should could incur...

hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Yes all are true storys.....

Originally Posted by r_graz
    Seriously...you've actually seen someone do that?!

#6 drives me up the wall. That and re-racking the plates in a completely half-assed manner. I don't want to dig through 5 45's to get to the 2.5 plate. The pegs on our plate racks are all marked with numbers - I wish people would give a damn about the next person enough to pay attention to that.

People who set up too close drive me nuts. The other day a woman plopped down on an exercise ball about 6 inches from the rack during a set of squats. The bar's travel path was basically through her skull. I avoided her as best I could, and then tried to nicely point out what kind of damage should could incur...
    I could not have made that up, this guy comes in now and then dresses for heavy lifting, Knee straps on Big I mean a Big lifters belt on and news paper in hand and sits there , does a set of three or so reps and resumes reading his newspaper, It take's the cake!
    I have also seen a few book worms take up space as well!
    What ever happend to the good old days when you could be beatin for such offences?

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jtroster
    13. Leave one DB of a set in another part of the gym where nobody else can find it.
    This happens all the time at my gym! (Not cause of me though ).

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have also seen a few book worms take up space as well!
    What ever happend to the good old days when you could be beatin for such offences?
    My wife used to grade student papers while she was on the leg press machine. Beatings were not an option. I just pretended that I didn't know her. I eventually solved the problem by introducing her to squats. It's hard to squat and read at the same time.

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sytennison
    One pet peeve I've run into recently is guys who grab a couple of DBs off the rack and then do their exercise RIGHT IN FRONT of the DB rack so that no one else can get near the rack. The real winners are the guys who do their DB rows with one hand on the rack. How sociopathic can ya get?
    Oh man this one drives me nuts too. What, now we all have to wait for you to finish your set to rack or grab weights? They should paint a yellow border on the floor and make the 3 feet in front of the DB rack a "No Parking" zone like at the airport: This section is for the immediate loading and unloading of dumbells only - No Parking!

I'll add another thing to not do:

Don't ever be that Guy-Who-Wears-Sunglasses-In-The-Gym.

And a random gym pet peeve:

The indifferent staff who never, ever, ever enforce their own house rules - rules about gym bags on the floor, rules dropping and re-racking weights and ESPECIALLY rules about wiping down equipment when you get sweat all over it. I get my balls busted when I forget my ID card once a year yet all this stuff goes on every hour of every day and they do nothing.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by batteryrequired
    Acceptable beverages to drink at the gym, water, gatorade, or any similar type of sports drinks (except pink colored ones or anything that looks or smells like Kool_aid)
    I'd be thrown out of your gym. Xtend's Watermelon flavor is as pink as it gets
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Utah...but I'm taller batteryrequired's Avatar
    batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [QUOTE=FlyingV]
    I'll add another thing to not do:

Don't ever be that Guy-Who-Wears-Sunglasses-In-The-Gym.
    QUOTE]

Richare Petty works out at your gym? If its not him, I would kick him out....lol. Bet the guy wears 'grills' too.
    Double T Sponsored Athlete!!!!

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

"If you are going through hell... keep going" Sir Winston Churchill

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FlyingV

The indifferent staff who never, ever, ever enforce their own house rules - rules about gym bags on the floor, rules dropping and re-racking weights and ESPECIALLY rules about wiping down equipment when you get sweat all over it. I get my balls busted when I forget my ID card once a year yet all this stuff goes on every hour of every day and they do nothing.
    Oh, man - I've seen three people fall off the back of treadmills (not just stumble, but fall, with banging of shins and all), one of whom was a minor - and no staff member come up to be sure they were OK.

Now, they might not care - but if someone is injured and no one even talked to them... well, can you spell l-a-w-s-u-i-t?

That's what I get for signing up at Bally's. Committed for three years, thinking this was a way to be sure I would stick with things... now I'm wishing I'd gone with a small gym focused more toward weightlifting.