Thread: good mournings

Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Larocque1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

good mournings

does anyone have any input about this ex. thinkin about throwing it into my back routine.?

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    great lower back and ham exercise. start light to gauge strength and keep your back straight through out the motion. easy lift to blow a disk on if you start to heavy or bend your back from to much weight.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't feel them much in my lower back, but they are a great hamstring/glute exercise for me. They are one of the few exercises that are almost always part of my lower body work
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 90redlx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    great lower back and ham exercise.
    Yep, Good mornings are much like a staight leg dead lift but with the weight on your shoulders so it stresses the lower back a little more than strait legs. It is one of those exercises that you can do for back or leg day in my opinion. I don't really do them anymore, I tend to lean tward strait leg deads on leg day.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go, but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
    -Henry Rollins-

Registered User dethmetalanimal's Avatar
    dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    awesome lower back exercise! i've been doing it for the past couple of months. make sure to keep strict form with it.

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jneves View Post
    I don't feel them much in my lower back, but they are a great hamstring/glute exercise for me. They are one of the few exercises that are almost always part of my lower body work
    have you tried doing it with your head down? changes it completely...

OP, good mornings are a great accessory lift. there are several different ways to do them too:

-conventional
    -olympic style
    -wide stance
    -from chains/pins
    -staggered stance
    -seated
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great exercise for the posterior chain , i like doing them explosively

good exercise to learn if your at all interested in olympic lifting as well.
    Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.

I rep back.

I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crofty22 View Post
    great exercise for the posterior chain , i like doing them explosively

good exercise to learn if your at all interested in olympic lifting as well.
    yes!

/shameless promotion

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer SLDL's better.

But they're a excellent movement if you're in the market.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do em oly style as well

(good idea bally's)

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I think it's a neat exercise. At the same time, I don't plan on doing them until I'm very good with squats and deadlifts, and might use back extensions.

ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always thought you wanted to do good mornings by keeping your legs straight and attempting to get your upper torso parallel with the ground....

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...odMorning.html
    My home gym: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qn26aReKDY

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    yes!

youtube]B5Nx2DFfer8[/youtube]

/shameless promotion

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    I do em oly style as well

[outube]m64A5uGsu50[/youtube]

(good idea bally's)
    nice explosive half goodmornings gents. that kind of weight would kick my azz about now though.

indeed there are many things you can work on with the good morning. i like parallel GM's myself as i'm trying to build up my lower back strength more so than anything else currently.

Marcus Garvey

Originally Posted by ilurk View Post
    I always thought you wanted to do good mornings by keeping your legs straight and attempting to get your upper torso parallel with the ground....

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...odMorning.html
    thats just it, there are several different ways to use the good morning and that one is the same as i use, but it depends on what you want to improve as to how you do them.

Marcus Garvey

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've done Good Mornings and thought they were a good exercise

now added SLDL's and first I thought I wasn't doing it correctly as I wasn't feeling it in my hammies

but the next day holy moly
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

indeed there are many things you can work on with the good morning. i like parallel GM's myself as i'm trying to build up my lower back strength more so than anything else currently.
    yep, the two variations have pretty different results/benefits.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice explosive half goodmornings gents. that kind of weight would kick my azz about now though.

They aren't 'half' good mornings, they are oly good morning. The explosive concentric portion is used to mimic the 2nd pull of the lifts, so the goal is to maintain an arch in the back and lower the torso to where it would be at the beginning of the 2nd pull (or slightly below).

I don't have the flexibility to get to parallel and maintain an arched back with a narrow stance. PL style goodmornings are a different lift - same name, different animal (just like PL vs Oly back squats).
    Last edited by J.L.C.; 02-20-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    They aren't 'half' good mornings, they are oly good morning. The explosive concentric portion is used to mimic the 2nd pull of the lifts, so the goal is to maintain an arch in the back and lower the torso to where it would be at the beginning of the 2nd pull (or slightly below).

I don't have the flexibility to get to parallel and maintain an arched back with a narrow stance. PL style goodmornings are a different lift - same name, different animal (just like PL vs Oly back squats).
    yeah i didn't realize they had a name. i'm not flexible enough either, i do them pl style with my knees slightly bent and slow.

Marcus Garvey

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I can't believe I missed the chance to do this.