Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tips for looking hot while pregnant!

I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant! I'm trying to stay on the right track so I don't gain any xtra weight other than the baby weight, ya know!

Anyway, I'm concerned because I havn't even reached my goal before getting pregnant so it's hard for me to deal w/ gaining this weight!

I'm still going to the gym:
    monday- legs(squats, lunges, leg curls, calf raises, inner and outter thigh machine)
    tues-cardio (30-50min)
    wed- upper body(db chest press, upright rows, db curls, tric cable extension, lat pull downs, cable flyes)
    thurs- cardio (30-50 min)
    friday-legs (same as monday)
    sat-pilates (45 min) and cardio (20-30 min)
    sun-rest

I do legs 2x/day because my problem areas are my upper inner/outter thighs and butt area...cellulate!
    I also always had a little 'pooch' accross my belly button but that's not going to change until after the baby is born (hopefully!)

everywhere else on my body is not an issue...could tone up more but not flabby or has cellulate....only those lovely female zones!

info about me:
    5'4" 148lbs (140 pre preggers), 26yrs old, been working out consistently for 4 years!

diet(sample)
    m1: .75c oats, 1c egg whites, cheddar cheese, coffee
    m2: veggies on ezekiel bread w/ hummus or large salad
    m3: yogurt or cc w/ fruit or pita chips w/ almonds or protein shake or apple w/ nat pb
    m4: whole grain pasta w/ chicken, or rice w/ black beans, or whole grain pizza, etc
    m5: frozen yogurt or puffins cereal, or ff milk w/ cocoa

Is there a way to keep from worsening my problem areas, etc...should there be a change in my diet?

also, I would like to reach my goal of being 125lbs by july (2.5-3months after baby is born)...any tips to achieve this?

Any advice would be great! Thanks

RoadPrincess Biker Mamma rayteresa4's Avatar
    rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok - first you have the fact that you are sill fairly young which is great - the body bounces back a lot faster.

My first suggestion is to make sure your Dr. is aware of your workout program, and make sure he condones your workout...I worked out until I waas 8.5 months pregnant with my daughter, I did cardio mostly, and some weights...I ate mostly fruits and veggies, meat sounded absolutely disgusting (weird PG cravings - or lack there of), and I was drinking 4 gallons of milk a week...yes, 4...I craved milk like crazy. Daughter was 9lb 11 oz strong...working out is major good for you while PG...helps with the delivery and such...keeps your pelvic floor a little stronger than without, and your abs a bit tighter than without.

With all that said, everyone gains and loses weight in different ways and areas. Yes, women have "general female zones", but the amount of cellulite etc is genetic...do NOT diet, but eat clean, continue to workout as long as the Dr. allows for you to.

Post PG - if you do not plan on BF then you could start a more strict diet, but if you are BF, then you still need to maintain calories for you and the baby and to produce milk...but again you can control that with very clean eating...

Being PG is a gift, and as women we are so fortunate to be able to experience it...don't worry about the weight you gain, keep it within 20 lb if you can...if not, oh well. You will do fine, and you know what to do to get motivated back to where you want to go...just eat clean and healthy for you and that baby...by the way CONGRATULATIONS!
    rayteresa4
    INBF Promotor/Director/Competitor
    www.unitedfitness.org - Wa. State Contest Information

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

With A Shield About Me - ALL Things Are Possible
    Blinders on, Eyes Forward, Running ALL the WAY to the END!

TriGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

The hardest thing was for me to let go of my body. I ended up gaining 54lb. At 5 feet 2, I was gigantic. I was back to my pre preg weight within 11 months and this was being a full time breastfeeder. I walked everyday and lifted weights twice a week while pregnancy.

I don't agree with trying to keep your weight gain within a certain number. That can be unhealthy to both of you. Enjoy food and eat. Pregnancy is tiring (well it was for me, hello! 54 pounds :P) and you need your energy. As long as your doctor is fine with your weight gain then it's fine. At one point I gained 8 pounds in a month and the only one concerned about it was me.

The weight does come off. Don't worry about it. What is the importance of achieving your goal weight so soon after delivery?
    Tough times don't last, tough people do

Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How wonderful that you are preggers!!! Congrats!

As far as keeping up the workouts, that is terrific! The rule seems to be that as long as you have done it before, you can do it during- don't start anything new, though. Your center of balance will begin to change (if it has not already) and that can throw you off your feet.

Of course there are exceptions to the things you can do as your belly gets bigger-
    Watch your heartrate and bp. Don't want it to get too high, nor do you want to get too hot.
    Laying on your back for exercise after the second tri is also not recommeded- the baby can (for lack of a better term) smush your innerds and you can get lightheaded.
    Also, no ab exercises after a certain time- not surewhen.
    And lastly, doing cardio is terrific if you can handle it up till the end- but you will more than likely not be able to go as fast, sprint, or have the stamina as you do prepregancy. That's OKAY!! You are growing a little human in your body- take care of yourself and that baby!

I agree with the above posters- eat clean but don't eat to lose weight. The best thing you can do for your baby is give it a healthy home right now- fruit, veggies, lean meats, good fats. But endulge yourself if you want something!!

Lastly, ENJOY IT! Many women, myself included, dwell on the weight they will gain or the size they will be and how fast they can get back to their prepregnancy size- it is about the journey and then the end results are this perfect little person.

*Smiles* Oh, really enjoy it... Good luck
    "Live. Laugh. Love. Repeat."

irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow! Thanks so much to all of you who gave such great advice!!

rayteresa4- I have the same feeling you did toward meat..gross! I really don't want to eat meat ever now that I'm pregnant! haha! I do plan to Breastfeed after the baby is born for at least 6months. Could you give me a sample of 'clean' eating for the day?

TriGirl- It's important for me to achieve my goal so soon after delivery because I never reached my goal prior to getting pregnant and it's something I've been trying to do for 3 years!!!! I don't have much to lose so it's that last bit that just STICKS to me, ya know! I need to reach this goal for ME! I thought about doing comps to help me be more strict but now that's out for awhile since I have a little one coming.

Skyden- yes, I'm still working out 5-6x/week. lifting 2-3x/week and cardio 3-4x/week and pilates 1x/week. I guess nervous because I 'indulge' like every night! whether it be some frozen yogurt or a muffin or cookies, ect! I HATE that I do that! once in awhile is fine but I shouldn't have a treat every night! right?

Well again ladies thank you soooo much and I look forward to hearing more from you all!

Tuesday's workout- 40min cardio (walk 10min, jog 20min, walk 10min)
    Diet:
    m1: oats, egg whites, spinach w/ cheddar cheese, ff latte
    m2: large salad w/ small peice of chicken, croutons, ginger dressing
    m3: plain yogurt w/ strawberries and almonds
    m4:?
    m5:?

*tired
    *very bloated!

pre pregnancy weight- 140#
    current weight (15wks)-148#
    Pregnancy gains so far= 8lbs

ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50) ATCGal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't really have any advice for you... but Congratulations on the pregnancy!!
    "A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs."
    ~ Joan Welsh

mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congratulations! How exciting for you!

I can understand your concerns. While I haven't had any kiddos (yet) I've read alot on the subject (the future wt gain worries me already haha).

Like everyone else said, I would make sure you are eating healthy, don't restrict yourself ... but , that being said, most women think its a free for all to eat McDonalds everyday. I personally don't think thats healthy either. Clear everything with your Doctor. They will know what is best for you and your baby! I would keep an eye on your heart rate for sure and be careful not to overheat when working out. I also wouldn't try to make any huge gains in terms of lifting during this time either. Keep yourself healthy, eat lots of fruit and veggies and enjoy !

Good luck, congrats, and keep us posted!
    "Life is a marathon, not a sprint"

rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by irish0418 View Post
    Wow! Thanks so much to all of you who gave such great advice!!

rayteresa4- I have the same feeling you did toward meat..gross! I really don't want to eat meat ever now that I'm pregnant! haha! I do plan to Breastfeed after the baby is born for at least 6months. Could you give me a sample of 'clean' eating for the day?

TriGirl- It's important for me to achieve my goal so soon after delivery because I never reached my goal prior to getting pregnant and it's something I've been trying to do for 3 years!!!! I don't have much to lose so it's that last bit that just STICKS to me, ya know! I need to reach this goal for ME! I thought about doing comps to help me be more strict but now that's out for awhile since I have a little one coming.

Skyden- yes, I'm still working out 5-6x/week. lifting 2-3x/week and cardio 3-4x/week and pilates 1x/week. I guess nervous because I 'indulge' like every night! whether it be some frozen yogurt or a muffin or cookies, ect! I HATE that I do that! once in awhile is fine but I shouldn't have a treat every night! right?

Well again ladies thank you soooo much and I look forward to hearing more from you all!

Tuesday's workout- 40min cardio (walk 10min, jog 20min, walk 10min)
    Diet:
    m1: oats, egg whites, spinach w/ cheddar cheese, ff latte
    m2: large salad w/ small peice of chicken, croutons, ginger dressing
    m3: plain yogurt w/ strawberries and almonds

*tired
    *very bloated!

pre pregnancy weight- 140#
    current weight (15wks)-148#
    Pregnancy gains so far= 8lbs
    A clean day - you are off to a great start, I would recommend maybe going to 2% milk though if not whole...baby will eat up all of the vitamins and nutrients from the added fat...very good for both of you. If you can get some Bocca Burgers or something to give you some more protien, add in some protien drinks if you have to, but whole food right now is best... May need to stick with Turkey and chicken etc if you are not into the red meat...keep your protiens high, clean dark green leafy veggies etc, and fruit for carbs...and good fats...just eat balanced, and choose healthy foods. You and the baby are going to feel great...
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

What she said! Also drink lots of water.

The baby is going to steal vitamins and minerals from you, so take that multi! What's wrong with eating a treat? Or eating? You're eating well but are you eating enough? You need food to not feel tired.

Breastfeeding and dramatic weight loss don't necessarily go together. Be prepared to put your own weight loss goals on hold after delivery. You never know what you are going to feel like.

Bottom line stay healthy...and keep up updated.

Originally Posted by rayteresa4 View Post
    A clean day - you are off to a great start, I would recommend maybe going to 2% milk though if not whole...baby will eat up all of the vitamins and nutrients from the added fat...very good for both of you. If you can get some Bocca Burgers or something to give you some more protien, add in some protien drinks if you have to, but whole food right now is best... May need to stick with Turkey and chicken etc if you are not into the red meat...keep your protiens high, clean dark green leafy veggies etc, and fruit for carbs...and good fats...just eat balanced, and choose healthy foods. You and the baby are going to feel great...
    Originally Posted by TriGirl View Post
    What she said! Also drink lots of water.

The baby is going to steal vitamins and minerals from you, so take that multi! What's wrong with eating a treat? Or eating? You're eating well but are you eating enough? You need food to not feel tired.

Breastfeeding and dramatic weight loss don't necessarily go together. Be prepared to put your own weight loss goals on hold after delivery. You never know what you are going to feel like.

Bottom line stay healthy...and keep up updated.
    thanks again! will try to add more protein somehow to my diet! turkey or boca sound good! will buy my next shopping purchase also I was sticking to ff milk because I get my fat from nuts, olive oil during the day...I get 30% from fat...should I still get whole milk?

I know I can't focus on losing fat after baby due to bf but can I at least kinda improve somehow?

Just eat as healthily as you can and allow those treats if you want them. Your body will do what it needs to do. I exercised as much as I could and stil gained every week.

Something that I found funny: at our prenatal class one day we were put into groups to introduce ourselves and work on an exercise. We were discussing cravings. As we were going around women were saying things like "oh I haven't been craving anything", liars, I thought. I went through a bacon and hot dog phase and could NOT eat turkey or chicken. Basically the opposite of what I eat normally. I found it hard to believe that I was the only one.

Originally Posted by TriGirl View Post
    Just eat as healthily as you can and allow those treats if you want them. Your body will do what it needs to do. I exercised as much as I could and stil gained every week.

Something that I found funny: at our prenatal class one day we were put into groups to introduce ourselves and work on an exercise. We were discussing cravings. As we were going around women were saying things like "oh I haven't been craving anything", liars, I thought. I went through a bacon and hot dog phase and could NOT eat turkey or chicken. Basically the opposite of what I eat normally. I found it hard to believe that I was the only one.

haha! That's funny! I've been craving anything Italian: zitti/pasta, pizza, etc!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

workout- upper body (20min): bic curls, push ups on incline, cable crossovers, upright rows, lat pull downs, tricep cable extensions- rep scheme was: 12x, 10x, 8x

diet-
    m1: oats, egg whites w/ spinach and cheddar cheese, small pumkin spice latte (treat)
    m2: tuna on ezekiel bread w/ lettuce, onion, tomoto, 1/2 tbsp mayo
    m3: nat pb and apple
    m4: ? maybe brown rice and veggie stir fry!
    m5: ? snack

feel better today...got great sleep last night!
    sorry if this is too much info but....went to the 'bathroom' this morning! feeling a little better w/ the bloat issue too!

going to visit my little cousins/nieces/nephews after work today to see all their costumes! so cute! have a great halloween!

JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I craved raw beef & shellfish!

Happy Halloween!!

haha! That's funny! I've been craving anything Italian: zitti/pasta, pizza, etc!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

workout- upper body (20min): bic curls, push ups on incline, cable crossovers, upright rows, lat pull downs, tricep cable extensions- rep scheme was: 12x, 10x, 8x

diet-
    m1: oats, egg whites w/ spinach and cheddar cheese, small pumkin spice latte (treat)
    m2: tuna on ezekiel bread w/ lettuce, onion, tomoto, 1/2 tbsp mayo
    m3: nat pb and apple
    m4: ? maybe brown rice and veggie stir fry!
    m5: ? snack

feel better today...got great sleep last night!
    sorry if this is too much info but....went to the 'bathroom' this morning! feeling a little better w/ the bloat issue too!

going to visit my little cousins/nieces/nephews after work today to see all their costumes! so cute! have a great halloween!

Nope - not too much info - that is the way it is...a lot of us here have that problem too. I get it if I have certain protiens. I cannot use certain protiens - or I am so gasy and bloated it's not even funny...I hate that feeling. I had it yesterday after using the Nectar Protien - no more of that.

Have a great day - keep up the good work.
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

RANT:

-Just started my 4th month and already have a belly bulge! Isn't that too soon?
    -I do think, however, that a lot of it is BLOAT due to the increase in carbs that I have been eating since being pregnant...and the treats that I now allow myself to have more frequently
    -anyway....I feel GROSS!!!

craving sweet potatoes lorabeann's Avatar
    lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000)
    RANT:

-I do think, however, that a lot of it is BLOAT due to the increase in carbs that I have been eating since being pregnant...and the treats that I now allow myself to have more frequently
    Ok, I can't help you with that question, but definitely read up on mercury content and pregnancy. I remember reading about this and one article, from a medical professional recommended 6 oz a tuna a week. Too much mercury is not good for the baby.

If someone knows more about this, feel free to correct me.
    -Laura-

fresh beginnings going on here. watch out!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110185281

Originally Posted by lorabeann View Post
    Ok, I can't help you with that question, but definitely read up on mercury content and pregnancy. I remember reading about this and one article, from a medical professional recommended 6 oz a tuna a week. Too much mercury is not good for the baby.

If someone knows more about this, feel free to correct me.
    yes i heard the same...i only eat tuna 1x/week

RANT:

It's ok kiddo - for some women it is normal, for others it will take until 5-6 months before they show. With my daughter I started showing at 3 months - keep in mind she was 9lb 11oz, and all the weight I gained with her was her, and the rest was the fluid and placenta. With my son, I gained 28lb, and started showing around 3 mo as well...he was only 7lb 13 oz, but usually after the 1st one you start to show sooner. You are going to feel a lot of different things - enjoy them if you can. If you have worries or questions, be sure to call the Dr. 1st and foremost...hang in there kiddo.
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

It's ok kiddo - for some women it is normal, for others it will take until 5-6 months before they show. With my daughter I started showing at 3 months - keep in mind she was 9lb 11oz, and all the weight I gained with her was her, and the rest was the fluid and placenta. With my son, I gained 28lb, and started showing around 3 mo as well...he was only 7lb 13 oz, but usually after the 1st one you start to show sooner. You are going to feel a lot of different things - enjoy them if you can. If you have worries or questions, be sure to call the Dr. 1st and foremost...hang in there kiddo.
    Thanks! I think I really need to be honest w/ myself: I think the fast belly bulge is due to the increase in carbs that I now consume! Now that I"m pregnant, I eat more carbs....healthy choices (whole grains, etc) but still a lot more then what I was use to! Also, I treat myself everyday to one treat! I think that has something to do w/ it also!

I'm very upset though!!!! I had way too many treats yesterday! I had 5 mini reeces butter cups, ice cream w/ peanut butter, 1/2 a cookie from panera bread, small pumkin spice latte!!!! What was I thinking?!

All day yesterday, I wanted MORE! after every meal I didn't feel satisfied...I wanted sweets! WTF!? so not very happy w/ myself right now! But today's another day, right?

I really need to start limiting the snacks at night. every night after dinner, i have some kind of treat! that has got to change...I should have hot chocolate or yogurt w/ berries instead! I need to make changes NOW!

Anyway,

Thursday's workout- cardio (40 min: treadmill incline walk, arc trainer)
    diet-
    m1: oats, eggs, strawberries, coffee
    m2: salad, croutons, ginger dressing, pita chips w/ red fat cheddar cheese
    m3: apple, nat pb
    m4: ? maybe veggie stir fry or boca burger w/ veggies
    m5: ? NEEDS to be either hot cocoa or yogurt w/ whey and fruit!

I'm going to be alone this weekend Rob's close childhood friend died yesterday and he's going to S. Carolina to go to the funeral....I would have gone too but it's better for us financially if only he goes...another friend of their's is going to w/ him so he'll have company! So sad!

Have a great Day!

JusFit6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey There!
    I am 36 weeks pregnant! I know exactly how you feel. I competed last year for the first time and I absolutely loved it. I was on my competition diet this year when I found out I was pregnant, so I was extremely surprised! I have only gained 13 lbs. I went to the doc yesterday and no weight gain this week. I am measuring perfect so there is no worry about her weight or anything. I CANNOT wait to get back into the swing of things. I have already talked to my trainer/nutritionist and we are starting up things in January. I plan on competing in fall of 08 in fitness. I was currently in bodybuilding. I am soo excited. Pregnancy is a crazy, but wonderful thing. I have yet, KNOCK ON WOOD REALLY HARD, to get stretch marks. I use the cocoa butter for stretch marks day and night! Drink only water. I may have an occasional tea or juice. My cravings have been kinda vague. I have not wanted things more than I have wanted them. I do not eat hamburger meat or pork. My family always kids me that my baby will hate chicken because that is all i eat. I have not wanted fish of any kind, asparagus ( i loved this prior), I couldnt even eat PB for a while. Let me tell you if anyone loved PB it was me!

I am sitting here ready for a class and am anticipating on going to the gym later. I was very sick at first and have been these past 2 months as well. The no energy will really get to you, but you will be OK! I feel like I have lost so much muscle and feel so soft. I hate it, but I know I will be back to myself before too long, and I will be competing again soon! If you need anything PM me! Good Luck! BTW, I am having a girl!!
    You are your worst critic, always have a second opinion!

Originally Posted by JusFit6 View Post
    Hey There!
    I am 36 weeks pregnant! I know exactly how you feel. I competed last year for the first time and I absolutely loved it. I was on my competition diet this year when I found out I was pregnant, so I was extremely surprised! I have only gained 13 lbs. I went to the doc yesterday and no weight gain this week. I am measuring perfect so there is no worry about her weight or anything. I CANNOT wait to get back into the swing of things. I have already talked to my trainer/nutritionist and we are starting up things in January. I plan on competing in fall of 08 in fitness. I was currently in bodybuilding. I am soo excited. Pregnancy is a crazy, but wonderful thing. I have yet, KNOCK ON WOOD REALLY HARD, to get stretch marks. I use the cocoa butter for stretch marks day and night! Drink only water. I may have an occasional tea or juice. My cravings have been kinda vague. I have not wanted things more than I have wanted them. I do not eat hamburger meat or pork. My family always kids me that my baby will hate chicken because that is all i eat. I have not wanted fish of any kind, asparagus ( i loved this prior), I couldnt even eat PB for a while. Let me tell you if anyone loved PB it was me!

I am sitting here ready for a class and am anticipating on going to the gym later. I was very sick at first and have been these past 2 months as well. The no energy will really get to you, but you will be OK! I feel like I have lost so much muscle and feel so soft. I hate it, but I know I will be back to myself before too long, and I will be competing again soon! If you need anything PM me! Good Luck! BTW, I am having a girl!!

Hey there fellow pregger lady Congrats to you as well!!

You only gained 13lbs so far?! I gained 8lbs and only 15weeks!!!
    Can you share a sample meal plan that you typically eat in a day? I need help staying on track! Do you eat more carbs now? I do! sucks but I really don't want much protein!

I know what you mean about feeling 'softer.'
    so you are due in a couple of weeks!!! oh my! yay!

what are you doing once you have the baby to get back to shape?

I plan on going to the mall to return pants and I need to get a bra since I'm busting out of the ones I have....not complaining though

Maybe get together w/ a girlfriend and definetly going to take a relaxing bubble bath tihis weekend!

Friday's workout- legs
    squats: 50#x12, 60#x10, 70#x8
    rev lunges: 10#x12, 15#x10, 20#x8
    seated leg curls: 60#x12, 65#x10, 70#x8
    stand calf raises: 35#x12, 45#x10, 50#x8
    inner thighs machine: 50#x12, 60#x10, 65#x8
    outer thigh maching: 40#x12, 45#x10, 50#x8

diet:
    prewo: oj w/ whey
    m1: oats, egg whites w/ cheddar cheese
    m2: salad w/ croutons, chicken, sesame ginger dressing
    m3: kashi protein bar? or yogurt w/ berries

Sooo happy it's friday but so sad rob is leaving tonight for s. carolina He's really sad too....feel so bad for him and because I can't go w/ him!

Have fun shopping - there are some really cute cloths available...wish they were 12 years ago when I was PG. Get a good comfortable bra...you will needs it, and it is important.

Stay in good spirits, and have a great weekend.
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skyden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have fun shopping - there are some really cute cloths available...

Such cute things out there!!! Japanese Weekend, Mimi Maternity, Motherhood, and a TON of cute preggers stuff online-- HAVE FUN WITH THIS!!

Oh, and don't worry about when you show- you are a Mommy! You are beautiful no matter what!!!

And Italian food was THE BEST when I was preggers! Pasta and pizza and garlic bread- YUMMY!!!
    "Live. Laugh. Love. Repeat."

Originally Posted by Skyden View Post
    Such cute things out there!!! Japanese Weekend, Mimi Maternity, Motherhood, and a TON of cute preggers stuff online-- HAVE FUN WITH THIS!!

Oh, and don't worry about when you show- you are a Mommy! You are beautiful no matter what!!!

And Italian food was THE BEST when I was preggers! Pasta and pizza and garlic bread- YUMMY!!!

Yes! Can't get enough of the pasta/pizza/breads,etc!!!

Did lots of shopping this weekendI was able to get a new bra!!! finally something that fits comfortably! I also got a pair of brown sketchers..nice and flat and they look ok w/ dress pants.

Well I was lonely w/out Rob this weekend. He comes home this afternoon. I'm taking a 1/2 day so I can go see him

I took a nice hot bath yesterday...very relaxing.
    My mom took me out to dinner last night too! Had stuffed mushrooms, small salad, and half of my veal parm.

On to today's workout:
    LEGS!
    1/2 hour
    rep scheme: 12, 10, 10

diet:
    m1: 1c oats, egg whites w/ cheddar cheese, coffee
    m2: salad, penne w/ riccatta cheese and sauce
    m3: yogurt w/ fruit, almonds
    m4: brown rice and black beans, egg whites, broccoli, spinach stir fry????

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend...glad you had fun shopping...such a blast. Take care.
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend...glad you had fun shopping...such a blast. Take care.
    Thanks! Always fun to going shopping!

Today's workout- cardio 40 min

Diet:
    m1: 1c oats, whey, flax seeds, coffee
    m2: tuna on ezekiel bread, 1/2 tbsp mayo, let, tom, onion
    m3: apple w/ nat pb
    m4: brown rice, black beans, broccoli stir fry
    m5: yogurt w/ berries, tea

Total water consumption: min=10cups, max=16cups

bulging a little more these days! 16 weeks pregnant! That means I start my 5th month next week!!! wow I'm 1/2 way there!
    I really feel my uterus now and it's very 'tender.' Is that normal? Like, when I touch it, it's tender to the touch????

Total pounds gained so far: 10lbs....don't like that one bit! I hate weighing 150lbs! aaahhh!
    Last edited by irish0418; 11-06-2007 at 05:22 AM.

You are doing great! Yes, it is normal for you to be a bit tender...affects some more than others...don't worry you are doing fine. The weight will come off - keep in mind that little one is growing, and taking a lot of your nutrients - you need to eat for him/her... and to keep yourself healthy. Make sure you are taking your multi-vitamine (Prenatal)...helps a lot with energy and retention of some nutrients for you. If you are worried about anything, be sure to call your Dr.'s office - they are there to help.

Take care of you - you are doing a great job....
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

Wednesday:

workout- upper body (1/2 hour)
    diet-
    prewo: oats, whey, berries shake
    m1: 1 slice ezekiel bread, egg whites
    snacked on almonds*got hungry
    m2: pizza w/ spinach
    m3: organic plain yogurt w/ berries
    m4: ?

I have no work Thursday or Friday because of teacher's convention!! so happy!

Hey everyone!

Havn't posted in awhile!

I skipped the morning workout this morning so planning to go this afternnon for a lower body workout and maybe some cardio afterwards (20min or so).

I don't know what's better morning or afternoon workouts????? any suggestions?

Diet:
    m1: 1C oats, 1c 1% milk, tea
    m2: handful of almonds (got hungry)
    m3: large salad, croutons, chicken patty (boca), ginger dressing
    m5: pre-workout- 1%milk w/ strawberries, banana, whey shake
    m6: tacos
    m7: yogurt w/ strawberries

Had a good weekend! Went to my cousin's surprise 30th, lunch w/ rob, watched football game at a friends house, friends over for a yummy dinner!!!

everyone is all over my belly now that it 'popped' out a bit! so funny!