Closed Thread
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    <joed at 23:59 hours trying to top all of jag's posts for today.>

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jag,

I have tried Nitro T3 and it worked well for me.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL! I admire you for trying, joed!

Thanks for the feedback on the Nitro T3, jt! Any reason you stopped taking it, or are you still using it?

Slept damn good last night. Very deep. My wife said I was talking in my sleep and holding a conversation with her. Apparently I was eating something in my dream and had to tell her it was "Gooooood!". LOL! Even when I'm sleeping, I'm bulking.

I woke up this morning feeling a little sore in the shoulder, neck and my wrists (I think I'm putting my hands in an awkward position when I'm sleeping which is causing some wrist and possibly elbow and shoulder pain). Mostly these are signs that I'm way overdue for a trip to the chiropractor. I am scheduled for an adjustment on Monday next week and am looking forward to it. My lower back had been out of alignment, but I was able to get it to pop back into place on it's own yesterday morning, so mostly it's my neck and shoulder now that are ready for the adjustment. Amazing how big a difference being all straightened out can make. As I put more muscle on, I'm holding my adjustments longer and longer. It's been two and a half months since I went to the back cracker last. I usually go about a month to a month and a half before I get to the point I'm just now getting to, so that's very cool.

Happy Hump Day, folks!
    jag
    My Music: http://jaguarr.spymac.com

Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HI Jag
    Maybe you are working out in your sleep too, and the wife is just not telling you!

Hope the soreness goes away soon!

Have a Great Day!
    Brenda

jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even though Nitro T3 is made in Canada its expensive here ($69 per bottle). Its cheaper here to buy ZMA and Tribolan (http://www.interactivenutrition.com/...s/tribolan.php)
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fitbyfifty
    HI Jag
    Maybe you are working out in your sleep too, and the wife is just not telling you!

LMAO! My wife was just saying this morning that she could take advantage of me when I am asleep (especially since I incorporated ZMA into my supplement regimine) and I'd never know about it. Makes me wonder if she just might be doing that. LOL!

Thanks, Brenda!

Originally Posted by jtroster
    Even though Nitro T3 is made in Canada its expensive here ($69 per bottle). Its cheaper here to buy ZMA and Tribolan (http://www.interactivenutrition.com...ts/tribolan.php)
    Good to know about the Tribolan. That stuff didn't pop up when I was looking for a supplement with those ingredients without the extra stuff, though I have to admit I like the theory behind the extra things in the T3. I'll give the T3 a try and see how it goes and keep the Tribolan on queue as an option as well. It was relatively reasonably priced through BB.com, actually. Certainly not $70 a bottle. Seems like a pretty complete test boost supplement without all the stimulants and caffeine that so many of them seem to incorporate into their formulas.

jag

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Blabbermouth!!!

ZMA makes you talk in your sleep!!! ...

I definitely can't take thys product ...
    Must be nyce to be a one woman man...

Peace..~G
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50) RaSP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm. Maybe my wife is taking some of my ZMA 'cause she's always talking.

Oh... She talks in my sleep. Must be something else. Nevermind.

Just got my Trib yesterday, but since I'm having my bloodwork done on Monday I'll wait until after that to start it. Sounds like it's working well for you. I can hardly wait to have a go.

*R*
    Last edited by RaSP; 07-27-2005 at 10:32 AM.
    Dumb Animal

Imrpoving my Power to Weight Ratio

My Current Routine (Updated)

Hi Folks,
    I've made so many tweaks to my routine over the last couple months, and have a few more I'd like to make, that I thought I'd just try to recapture all that I've tweaked and incorporate some of the changes I have in mind as well. I'd love to get input from some of our resident Iron Elders like ExCompetitor, Most Muscular, fitty and Chi, but everyone's thoughts would be most appreciate as well. Always open to evolving my workouts to make them more effective.

To preface, my workouts usually take between 50-70 minutes, depending on my energy levels and how much I'm doing in any given workout. I do 30 second stretches between sets on the muscle group being worked, and then rest another 30-60 seconds before I hit the next set (so I'm getting roughly 60-90 seconds of total time between lifts). I was doing 3x8's for awihle, but I do think I was seeing better results in both strength and muscle growth from a 3x6 configuration at heavier weight so I'm going back to that full time. I'll throw a week of 4x10's into the mix if I feel like I'm starting to plateau. The biggest tweak I've added to my routine is adding in an alternative exercise for certain lifts that I plan to rotate in and out every other week to keep things interesting. My working sets listed below don't count any warmup sets I'll most likely do, particularly on the core compound lifts which are the at the root of all my workouts. So, with that setup, here it is:

Monday Legs/Shoulders
    Barbell Squats – 3x6
    Weighted Calf Raises - 3x6
    Leg Extensions – 3x6
    Leg Curl – 3x6
    DB Military Press – 3x6
    Upright BB Rows – 3x6
    Standing Side Lateral Raises OR Standing Front Lateral Raises– 3x6
    Palm Down DB Forearm Curls OR Behind The Back BB Forearm Curl– 3x6
    Weighted Crunches – 3x10
    Hanging Knee Raises OR Weighted V-Ups– 3x15

Wednesday Chest/Triceps
    Incline Dumbell Press – 3x6
    Flat DB Bench Press – 3x6
    Dumbell Flies – 3x6
    Close Grip BB Bench Press – 3x6
    Weighted Dips – 3x6
    EZ Bar Skullcrushers – 3x6
    Kickbacks – 3x6
    Weighted Crunches – 3x10
    Hanging Knee Raises OR Weighted V-Ups – 3x15

Friday Back/Biceps
    Deadlift – 3x6
    Weighted Pullups – 3x8 (alternating wide and close grips)
    Bent Over DB Row – 3x6
    Shrugs – 3x6
    Straight BB Curl – 3x6
    Incline DB Hammer Curl OR Spider Curl– 3x6
    Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curl – 3x6
    Weighted Crunches – 3x10
    Hanging Knee Raises OR Weighted V-Ups – 3x15

So, hack away folks. I'm looking to get the best bang for my efforts, here!

Thanks!
    jag

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jag, I like your routine.
    It has a lot of variation and hits all the groups form different angles.

I could not however, ever do legs with any other body part.
    For me another thing I found was doing shoulders on their own really made a difference for me. My back and legs have always been strong, but jsut recently (the last year or so) I have been making great strides on my shoulders by working them on their own day.

The only other rec I would give at this time is to increase sets on compound movements to 4 on many things and cut down the number of exercises on some of your days. I for instance never flat and 30 deg bench the same WO. Or flat and 30 or 45 deg flys on the same WO. It's just the way I have done it. It's saved my rotator IMO.

I would also increase ab volume a bit.

Overall your routine ROCKS !

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a pretty thorough workout you've got there!

Rather than pick at your routine, which is obviously working well for you, I'll just suggest that you consider a superset or two

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Enormous Green Rage Mnstr GSCampbell's Avatar
    GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000)
    It looks very solid Jag. It is a little more volume than I can handle in terms of the number of exercises but you're making it work so more power to you.

I am toying with the idea of going back to sets of 6 but I may do it on some lifts an not others - just tinkering a little.

A comment or two:

It seems like a lot of direct tricep work - I have no issue with that because I do a lot there too but on paper it looks like a lot. In fact, looking at it, our chest/tri day is almost identical (when I do a chest/tri day that is) so what the heck am I talking about?

Ever tried upright rows with an EZ bar? I find it is easier on my wrists - just a thought.

Like I said, it looks very solid - looking forward to watching your progress.

GSC
    There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.

Jag,

Your split looks great. I would only put DB pullovers in somewhere on chest or back day in place of something else. Also go light on the upright rows as that can be hard on the rotators. My trainer has me do them only up to my nipples.
    Joel

Thanks, guys. I REALLY appreciate the feedback. Here's my thoughts on your thoughts.

Originally Posted by Chi_town
    Jag, I like your routine.
    It has a lot of variation and hits all the groups form different angles.

I could not however, ever do legs with any other body part.
    For me another thing I found was doing shoulders on their own really made a difference for me. My back and legs have always been strong, but jsut recently (the last year or so) I have been making great strides on my shoulders by working them on their own day.

The only other rec I would give at this time is to increase sets on compound movements to 4 on many things and cut down the number of exercises on some of your days. I for instance never flat and 30 deg bench the same WO. Or flat and 30 or 45 deg flys on the same WO. It's just the way I have done it. It's saved my rotator IMO.

I would also increase ab volume a bit.

Overall your routine ROCKS !
    Thanks, Chi. I'm sort of playing the reverse of you. I'm catching my back and legs up with my shoulders, so doing shoulders on the same day as legs has worked pretty well in my case. The other problem for me at the moment is time limitations. I really only have time for those three days a week I'm hitting the iron at the moment. I suppose I could rotate some of the chest exercises every other week like flat db press and incline db press one week and flat db press and flies the next. I'm seeing great progress from having it all in there every week, but it also begs the question of whether I'd see better progress if I backed it off a bit.

Good suggestions on the increase in ab volume (I was doing more but backed it off a tad because I think I was overtraining) and increased sets of 4 for compound moves. Thanks!

Originally Posted by kimsquit
    That's a pretty thorough workout you've got there!

Rather than pick at your routine, which is obviously working well for you, I'll just suggest that you consider a superset or two.
    Not a bad idea. I'm already supersetting the DB lat raises and the db forearm curls on legs/shoulder day. I guess I could look at where else I might be able to superset. Thanks!

Originally Posted by GSCampbell
    It seems like a lot of direct tricep work - I have no issue with that because I do a lot there too but on paper it looks like a lot. In fact, looking at it, our chest/tri day is almost identical (when I do a chest/tri day that is) so what the heck am I talking about?

Ever tried upright rows with an EZ bar? I find it is easier on my wrists - just a thought.
    Yeah, I've kind of wondered if I might be overdoing it on the tri's. I'm thinking of maybe alternating a couple of those like maybe do skullcrushers one week and kickbacks the next instead of both on the same day every week.

I'll have to try the upright rows with the EZ bar and see how that feels. Might be easier on the wrists, like you said. Thanks!

Originally Posted by jtroster
    Your split looks great. I would only put DB pullovers in somewhere on chest or back day in place of something else. Also go light on the upright rows as that can be hard on the rotators. My trainer has me do them only up to my nipples.
    Thanks, jt. I'll look at how the DB pullovers could rotate into the lineup and swap every other week with another exercise. I like the idea of doing them on back day with an emphasis on the back rather than the tri's.

I do the upright rows up to the nipples. They don't seem to bother my rotator, but they do cause some wrist soreness once in awhile, which GSC's suggestion of using the EZ bar for them might alleviate.

Great coments, guys! Keep 'em coming! Some of you have already hinted at my volume possibly being a little high on certain things, which I've half wondered about for awhile, now. I'm still learning the less is more philosophy, here!

jag

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Overall,i like the routine Jag...as long as you feel your delts can recover so they don`t negatively effect your chest workout on day 3 go with it...if you feel you need a change up maybe do a flip and try 6 sets of 3 every now and again instead of 4x10`s.....

Originally Posted by ExCompetitor
    Overall,i like the routine Jag...as long as you feel your delts can recover so they don`t negatively effect your chest workout on day 3 go with it...if you feel you need a change up maybe do a flip and try 6 sets of 3 every now and again instead of 4x10`s.....
    Thanks, Leon. I'd never considered 6 sets of 3 before. I like that idea better than 4x10's, actually. I'm going to give that a try the next time I start heading into a plateau. So far the delts seem to hold up pretty well on chest day, but I'll definitely keep an eye on them. Appreciate the input, Leon! Always damn informative.

Cheers,
    jag

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Originally Posted by jaguarr
    Thanks, Leon. I'd never considered 6 sets of 3 before. I like that idea better than 4x10's, actually. I'm going to give that a try the next time I start heading into a plateau. So far the delts seem to hold up pretty well on chest day, but I'll definitely keep an eye on them. Appreciate the input, Leon! Always damn informative.

Cheers,
    jag
    Thanks Jag...i`m a huge fan of low reps,3 - 5,since the most force producing capabilities of a muscle occur within the first 10 seconds of a set, it just makes sense....the trick is to do enough of them for hypertrophy(6-10 sets)...Leon.

Cool Jag's New NEW 3-Day Split

Okay, first off, big reps all around to everyone who offered up such great recommendations and suggestions for my routine revision earlier today. If the system would let me, I shot you some rep for your effort. I've taken all your feedback and incorporated it into the split, which now looks like this:

Monday Legs/Shoulders
    Barbell Squats – 4x6
    Weighted Calf Raises - 3x6
    Leg Extensions – 3x6
    Leg Curl – 3x6
    DB Military Press – 4x6
    Upright EZ Bar Rows – 3x6
    Standing Side Lateral Raises OR Standing Front Lateral Raises– 3x6
    Palm Down DB Forearm Curls OR Behind The Back BB Forearm Curl– 3x6
    Weighted Crunches – 4x10
    Hanging Knee Raises OR Weighted V-Ups– 4x15

Wednesday Chest/Triceps
    Incline Dumbell Press – 3x6
    Flat DB Bench Press OR Dumbell Flies – 4x6
    Close Grip BB Bench Press – 3x6
    Weighted Dips – 3x6
    EZ Bar Skullcrushers OR Kickbacks – 4x6
    Weighted Crunches – 4x10
    Hanging Knee Raises OR Weighted V-Ups – 4x15

Friday Back/Biceps
    Deadlift – 4x6
    Weighted Pullups – 3x8 (alternating wide and close grips)
    Bent Over DB Row OR Overhand DB Pullovers w/back focus – 3x6
    Shrugs – 3x6
    Straight BB Curl – 3x6
    Incline DB Hammer Curl OR Spider Curl– 3x6
    Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curl – 3x6
    Weighted Crunches – 4x10
    Hanging Knee Raises OR Weighted V-Ups – 4x15

On the one's with an "either/or" exercise, I'll alternate the two listed there every other week. I think this will help me avoid overtraining, which I believe I may have a slight issue with. I did the chest workout tonight and it felt really great! I'll tell you about it in my next post!

Thanks again, folks!
    jag

7-28-05: Chest & Tri's - 3x6 Config

Trippin' On 'Da Tribulus
    Out of curiosity and based on a suggestion that FreeRad made earlier today in his thread, I did my second tribulus dosage for the day just before my workout. We'll see if it stimulates even more testosterone growth than taking it at night with my ZMA on days that I lift.

Powercage MIA
    Well, my new bench is slated to arrive tomorrow. I STILL don't have a ship date on the powercage, though. I called the place I ordered it from and was promised a tracking number for it in the next couple of days. If I don't have one by Monday I plan on turning into the customer from hell.

Kre-Alkalyn or Kryptonite? So, I mentioned awhile back that I thought the Kre-Alkalyn was actually holding me back, making me feel a little ill and keeping me on a plateau. I went off it for my bloodwork and haven't gone back onto it. I noticed an immediate difference in my energy levels going back up and normalizing, I wasn't feeling sick and my plateau's have since been shattered. I say Kryptonite. Thumbs down. Always was a creatine non-responder, always will be.

3x6's Rule!
    I'm definitely glad I went back to the 3x6 combination. I'm really getting into the groove with them and making some great progress.

Testosterone Update
    I'm definitely getting a boost in my test levels. The tribulus and ZMA combo, along with the increased EFA intake is definitely making a difference. My strength is increasing, my mass muscle is leaning out a little bit and the slight bit of weight around my midsection I've always carried is melting away. My attitude and energy levels have also been really good and I'm not seeing little signs of depression like I was starting to. All good things!!!!

The Workout

So, today I tried my new and improved chest and tri's day based on suggestions from some of you great folks. I have to say it went really damn well and I'm starting to think I may have been overtraining just a little bit on chest and tri's. I came away from today's workout feeling great. I had an awesome pump and the muscles felt worked hard but not totally abused like they have been. We'll give it a good month and see what sort of progress I make with this approach. Here's how today went:

Preface note: 30 second stretches of muscle group being worked between every single set.

Jump rope - High speed for 30 seconds, rest for 15 seconds. I repeat this over and over for five full minutes. It's a good light warmup and gets the blood pumping. I do this before every workout.

Incline DB Press - Set 1 - 70 (each DB)x6/ Set 2 - 70x6/ Set 3 - 70x6 - Upped the weight by five pounds since I was moving to 3x6's this week. I felt really good on these today! A new PB!

Flat DB Bench - Set 1 - 85 (each DB)x6 /Set 2 - 90x6/ Set 3 - 90x6/Set 4 - 90x4 -- Started out 10 lbs. heavier on each DB than I have been doing, which was already a new PB, and then added another five to that! Holy crap! Strong like bull!!!!! The last set was a bitch, though, and I only got four reps on that one. Something to shoot for.

Fly's - Dropped these from the list today. I'll do them next week, in place of Flat DB Bench and then alternate THAT exercise back in the week after.

Close Grip Bench - Set 1 - 170x6/ Set 2 - 170x6/ Set 3 - 170x6 - Left the weight where I've been working it, since I've hit total failure the last two times I've used this weight for this lift and got trapped under my BB. LOFL! Same damn thing nearly happened today, but I was smart and racked the weight on the last set and got a small, ten second breather before I cranked the last two reps. I'll increase the weight once I'm getting all reps consistently on this one.

Weighted Dips - 50 lbs. on Grizzly Belt + Bodyweight - 3 sets of 8 - I'm looking forward to doing these with my new power rack (if it ever freakin' ships!!!!! ). The bars might be a bit wider than what I'm used to, though, so I may wind up backing the weight off a bit when I start using the cage for these. We'll see. At any rate, these felt really good today.

EZ Bar Skullcrushers - Set 1 - 75x6/ Set 2 - 80x6/ Set 3 - 80x6 -- I'm liking these more and more. Upped the weight by ten pounds overall today on these.

Kickbacks - Pulled these out of the routine tonight. I'll swap these back in next week and pull out the skullcrushers and then swap THOSE back in the week after.

Weighted Crunch - 25 lbs. behind my head - 4x10 -- Added another set of these to the mix.

Hanging Leg Raises - 4x15 - Another set added here as well.

Had a good postworkout stretch and my PW super shake, but held out the powdered oatmeal as an experiment. I want to see if I see a better result from NOT using it than I do FROM using it, based on a few things I've read that offer pro's and con's of both approaches. Just a little testing going on.

Post Workout Thoughts
    Great pump. I hit it hard and fast and wrapped it up in 50 minutes, including the ab-work. I felt like I worked the muscles really hard and to near failure, but not to a point that left me feeling completely wiped out. I do believe I've been doing some overtraining in a few key areas, so hopefully this new approach will fill in those gaps.

Alright. Lady Jag has steak, broccoli and rice on the menu tonight. Desert will be...hehehehehe....I'm a lucky man...

Have a good one, folks!
    jag

Enormous Green Rage Mnstr GSCampbell's Avatar
    GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000) GSCampbell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great work Jag - you're making my mind up for me on switching back to a 6-rep configuration!

Tomorrow is "Arm Blast" Friday - I imagine some folks are gonna rip on this one. We'll see . . .

Again, great work!

GSC
    There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.

im in love with lifting!! pammiejoe6's Avatar
    pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hehe gawd i so love dessert...

kick ass workout jag!

so i guess the only way to determine if i am a creatine responder or not is to try it huh? i think i might try it...
    [url]http://community.webshots.com/user/pammiejoe6[/url]

So don't think of this as a project with an end point. I think you'll find it's a way of life.....DBFLgirl

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice chest workout, jag. Congrats on the PBs. That workout is very similar to mine. Except, I do 2-3 sets on all exercises and also do shoulders with chest and tris. I do those same exercises plus bent arm DB pullovers for chest. I love that exercise. It really stretches the chest and the lockout at the top really hits the triceps.

Lately, I have been doing a second chest day on the third day following the last chest day. My chest and shoulders are showing it.

Today is another rest day for me. I am just sitting here growing.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000)
    morning Jag..just stopping by to say have a great weekend.

Hey Jag,

Great workout. We both hit new personal bests in DB press.

Have a great weekend.
    Joel

Cool

Ahm So Bizzy! Ahgoodgawd!!!!
    Man...the last part of this week turned into fire drill central at work! Yeesh! Better than NOT being busy, I suppose, though. Crammed my workout in this morning and now have to go get ready for a wedding and then a birthday party tomorrow. So much for the weekend.

THANKS!
    Thanks to ya'll for the words of encouragement.

GSC: I'll take a look at your armblaster workout when I get a chance. Might be a few days, though. I'm really liking the groove of the 3x6's. At Chi's suggestion I'm doing 4x6's on most of my compound movements and wow is that kicking my ass!

pammiejoe: Always great to see you here in my little slice o' the forum. Honestly, hon, with where you're at with things I'd focus my attention on the diet and getting that down pat if I were you. If ya gotta spend money on something to support your lifting habit, make it good, clean, healthy food first and foremost. The rest is just extra. Just my opinion, though. I'm a creatine non-responder through and through, myself.

FreeRad: I like the DB pullovers, too. I'm going to rotate those in and out of my back/bi's day and put a back/lat's emphasis on them out of curiosity. Should be interesting.

mom24boys: Thanks, Lisa! Hope you're having fun on vacation right now!

jt: Awesome work on the new PB's, my brotha! You've been pushing yourself real hard so I'm glad to see you making progress.

Bench Is Here! Cage On The Way!
    Well, the new bench arrived yesterday. It's hellacool and all assembled and ready to go, now. The cage is slated to arrive on Tuesday. I'm going to take an extra day of rest this week and resume my workouts on Wednesday. Hopefully, Tuesday night I'll be putting the cage together so I can use it on legs/shoulders day on Wednesday. Yahoo!

The Workout

Today felt really good. My strength is definitely going up. I'm seeing good increases and my shoulder is feeling better and better all the time, which means I'm really able to hit proper form and work it properly, which hopefully means an evening up of the left and right sides.

Note: 30 second stretch after ALL sets. Highly recommend this approach if you've not tried it.

Jump-rope routine.

Deadlift - Warm-Up Set 1- 185x8/ Set 1- 250x6/ Set 2- 250x6/ Set 3 - 250x6/ Set 4 - 250x6 -- Started at the 250 mark for my working sets, which is my current PB for working sets. I did four sets of six at this weight (I'm doing 4x6's on most of my compound lifts). Used the hooks from the get-go on these today. Going to move the weight up a bit on these next week. My form is holding really nicely on these.

Pullups - BW + 40 lbs. on the Grizzly Belt. Set 1 - 8 Wide Grip/ Set 2 - 8 Close Grip/ Set 3 - 12 Wide Grip (no weight on Grizzly Belt for last set as I wanted to really get a good full ROM on the last set). I think I'm going to back the weight off on the Grizzly Belt a bit on these. My ROM is not as full on these as I would prefer and I think it's because I'm using too much weight to get that full ROM.

DB Rows -Set 1 - 60x6/ Set 2 - 60x6/ Set 3 - 60x6 -- I do these DB Rows with a 1/4 rotation so that they come up perpendicular to my body at the top of the turn. I really feel this exercise in particular has been responsible for helping me get my left side back on parallel with the right. Added 5 lbs. to these today and really felt it. I think 3x6's will be good for continuing the leveling of my left and right side with this particular lift. I'm going to do DB pullovers with a back/lats emphasis next week instead of these and then bring these back into the rotation the week after that.

BB Shrugs - 3x6 with 165lb. - Switched from DB to BB shrugs and really liked the difference I felt.

Straight BB Curl - Set 1 - 100x6/ Set 2 - 100x6/ Set 3 - 100x6/ Set 4 - 100x6 - Man do these deliver a great pump! Put these first in the curl rotation and did four sets of six with 5 lbs. more than I have been doing since I consider it a compound movement. Oh was I feeling these, today!

Incline DB Hammer Curls - 3x6 with 40 lb. DB's in each hand. Doing these second in the rotation made them quite a bit more difficult. LOL! Kept the weight the same.

Reverse Grip EZ Bar CUrl - Set 1- 60x6/ Set 2 - 60x6/ Set 3 - 60x6 -- Added ten pounds over last week and got a great pump out of these.

Weighted Crunch - 25 lbs. behind my head - 4x10

Hanging Leg Raises - 4x15 -- Ooof!

Stretch. Cool down. PW shake. Ahhhhh!

I'd love to hang around a little longer check out some of the other posts, but I've gotta go get cleaned up for the wedding that we're going to this afternoon. Have a great Saturday, folks!

jag

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Enjoy the wedding!

Sounds like your workouts are going great!! Nice job!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Jag,

With your DB rows are you rotating to end up with your palms forward or to the rear?
    Joel

fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitbyfifty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jaguarr
    Bump to that. Sony makes a nice little pair of earbuds that has some pretty good sound that I picked up for like $10 at Best Buy. They aren't top of the line, but they sound much better than the headphones that come with the iPod.

jag
    Thanks for the info Jag! I will check the earbuds out. These are great, but making my ears hurt trying to keep them in is not worth it!

Thanks Guy, and Have A Great Week!
    Brenda

Answering Reader Mail
    Thanks, everyone! The wedding was a lot of fun, though putting on a shirt and tie in 102 degree weather was not. They did have some good food and free beer at the reception. I behaved and kept my adult beverages at a cap of three, though people did look at me really strange when I took a big stack of turkey slices and didn't bother making a sandwich like everyone else. LOL!

JT, I left you some info on my bent over DB rows form and the 1/4 turn in your journal. Let me know if you have questions.

Good luck finding some earphones that work well for you, Brenda. I've found that's a pretty personal endeavor, as everyone finds different things comfortable.

Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hi", Cobra Commander!

State Of The Non-Union
    Things are going well, here. Just damn busy. Have another round of birthdays to prepare for next weekend and a crazy week ahead of us. The cage is due tomorrow, which means I'll be hopefully putting the thing together tomorrow night and then christening it on Wednesday for leg/shoulders day. I'm looking forward to it! I seem to be doing pretty well on the testosterone front. Still seeing my muscle mass lean out a little as the fat around the belly continues to melt off. I'm having to try and get a few more calories in me to make sure I don't see any muscle loss and seem to be managing to do so, despite it being so hot here (100+ degrees every day) which tends to make me a little lethargic and not want to eat in addition to burning up the damn lawn. I've got a bit of ZMA left and when it runs out I'm going to start the Nitro T3 and see how it works. I might spike my mornings or workouts with a little extra tribulus just for fun, too, as I've got quite a bit of it left. I've also got a way overdue chiropractic visit scheduled for this afternoon, which I'm looking forward to immensely as my neck is really out of whack. Probably a good thing I'm not lifting tomorrow so the muscles have a chance to get set nicely after being adjusted before I start digging into the iron again.

Hope everyone's great. Have an awesome week, folks!
    jag

im in love with lifting!! pammiejoe6's Avatar
    pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pammiejoe6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    have a great day jaggy!
    [url]http://community.webshots.com/user/pammiejoe6[/url]

So don't think of this as a project with an end point. I think you'll find it's a way of life.....DBFLgirl

Closed Thread