Thread: Triathlon!

jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Triathlon!

I set a goal for jul of 09 to enter in a triathlon. i was just wondering if anyone have good ideas for supp's for endurance and something to get more oxygen to my blood! please help

thanks
    Re-Born

Shunned, Unshunned UberBerzerker's Avatar
    UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jmann97 View Post
    I set a goal for jul of 09 to enter in a triathlon. i was just wondering if anyone have good ideas for supp's for endurance and something to get more oxygen to my blood! please help

thanks
    Floyd Landis may have some tips for you!

proper diet of protein and high carbs before/after workouts (long bike&runs)
    MAN Body Octane
    Accelerade
    If its not good for pregnant women then why would it be good for me. - MegaPump

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Body Octane + Cordygen5 + Carbs
    Cannabis and synthetic supplements

INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    for me its Body Octane and Poseidon as must haves...

also, i am loving SteelEdge...cordygen5...

and of course, lots of good carbs

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another vote for Body Octane. I have found it is quite a bit better than just beta alanine.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have been taking Biotest's Beta7.

I wish that BB.com would carry it...

jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmann97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds good, im going to start my research now! reps
    Re-Born

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Blood Doping
    EPO
    Body Octane
    Cordygen5
    get your hands on Alpha-L-Polylactate bulk, and IF you do, let me know where. Cytomax has it in their product.
    Cytomax
    BCAA product like Purple Wraath, Xtend, ICE
    Find a place where you can get an IV of sodium bicarbonate, and get appropriate dosing. That would probably do more than any supplement, even Body Octane+ Cordygen5

I wasn't serious about the first two.

bumlinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What type of triathlon you entering?

I'm entering a sprint distance on August 2nd.

Just got some Cordygen ultra V02 and Cre 02 yesterday so I'm going to be keeping track of my progress.

Anyone know a good way to combine these two supplements on training and rest days?

WOW, just noticed that this post was started in 2007. Guess you've finished your triathlon by now...... hopefully!

Either way, I'd still love some advice about my new supplements.

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Strong bump.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Strong bump.
    Oh ****, now I see that he set the goal for this year. oops!

Originally Posted by bumlinger View Post
    Oh ****, now I see that he set the goal for this year. oops!
    i actually am deployed now! so my scheduled date has been pushed back for now, i guess its good now i have a little (alot) of time to train some more! haha
    Re-Born

blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpowder_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hatebreed13 View Post
    Blood Doping

Find a place where you can get an IV of sodium bicarbonate, and get appropriate dosing. That would probably do more than any supplement, even Body Octane+ Cordygen5

"Soda loading is a dangerous practice in which an athlete drinks sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) dissolved in water in the belief that it will enhance athletic performance and endurance. In reality, the opposite occurs, and the resulting alkalosis can leave an athlete unable to compete.[11]

This practice is also extremely dangerous due to the risk of an overdose of sodium bicarbonate and potentially life-threatening alkalosis. Symptoms include constipation, convulsions, diarrhea, feeling of being full, frequent urination, irritability, muscle spasms, muscle weakness and vomiting. If an overdose of baking soda is suspected emergency medical treatment should be sought immediately. The individual should not be forced to vomit the contents of the stomach unless directed to by a medical professional or a poison control center.[12]" wikipedia.org
    "If you look up high, you'll see that I'm gonna be in it, cause the sky is the limit"
    Lil' Wayne

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by blackpowder_1 View Post
    "Soda loading is a dangerous practice in which an athlete drinks sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) dissolved in water in the belief that it will enhance athletic performance and endurance. In reality, the opposite occurs, and the resulting alkalosis can leave an athlete unable to compete.[11]

This practice is also extremely dangerous due to the risk of an overdose of sodium bicarbonate and potentially life-threatening alkalosis. Symptoms include constipation, convulsions, diarrhea, feeling of being full, frequent urination, irritability, muscle spasms, muscle weakness and vomiting. If an overdose of baking soda is suspected emergency medical treatment should be sought immediately. The individual should not be forced to vomit the contents of the stomach unless directed to by a medical professional or a poison control center.[12]" wikipedia.org
    Why was this thread brought back from the dead.
    Nice wikipedia quote.

That's why I said find the appropriate dosing. If not, like you stated earlier, some bad side effects.

"INTRODUCTION: Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) ingestion has been shown to increase both muscle glycogenolysis and glycolysis during brief submaximal exercise. These changes may be detrimental to performance during more prolonged, exhaustive exercise. This study examined the effect of NaHCO3 ingestion on muscle metabolism and performance during intense endurance exercise of approximately 60 min in seven endurance-trained men. METHODS: Subjects ingested 0.3 g.kg-1 body mass of either NaHCO3 or CaCO3 (CON) 2 h before performing 30 min of cycling exercise at 77 +/- 1% .VO(2peak) followed by completion of 469 +/- 21 kJ as quickly as possible (approximately 30 min, approximately 80% .VO(2peak)). RESULTS: Immediately before, and throughout exercise, arterialized-venous plasma HCO3- concentrations were higher (P < 0.05) whereas plasma and muscle H+ concentrations were lower (P < 0.05) in NaHCO3 compared with CON. Blood lactate concentrations were higher (P < 0.05) during exercise in NaHCO3, but there was no difference between trials in muscle glycogen utilization or muscle lactate content during exercise. Reductions in PCr and ATP and increases in muscle Cr during exercise were also unaffected by NaHCO3 ingestion. Accordingly, exercise performance time was not different between treatments. CONCLUSION: NaHCO3 ingestion resulted in a small muscle alkalosis but had no effect on muscle metabolism or intense endurance exercise performance in well-trained men."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11932569

wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jmann97 View Post

thanks
    As much as I'd hate to discourage you from using supplements while training for a triathlon, I'd avoid them until you get closer to race time. I spent a while training for an Ironman Triathlon (got very sick with respiratory illnesses and never competed unfortunately) and found that just getting your body used to it at first then adding in supplements worked really well.
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128207401

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

"You went full Crossfit man. Never go full Crossfit." - Burningnun

Originally Posted by wolfbaden6 View Post
    As much as I'd hate to discourage you from using supplements while training for a triathlon, I'd avoid them until you get closer to race time. I spent a while training for an Ironman Triathlon (got very sick with respiratory illnesses and never competed unfortunately) and found that just getting your body used to it at first then adding in supplements worked really well.
    How much closer though? You want to ensure it is part of your training regimen before the race still, AND that you're actually seeing peak performance from the product. Otherwise it's a waste of money, and introducing a new supplement too short before the race could prove horrible if you just don't react well to them.