Thread: Big Neck

downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) downz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Big Neck

How do I get a big neck like these guys:
    Attached Images
    5'9"
    210lbs
    Bench:210lbs
    Deadlift:365lbs
    Squat:315lbs (parellel)

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by downz
    How do I get a big neck like these guys:

Neck bridges-front, back and side. They will make your neck big as all get out.

Bag the Nautilus neck machine. Bridges are the "squats" of neck work.

Recovering Cupcake Addict poorgirl's Avatar
    poorgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poorgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My husband has a big neck and a fat head but in the photo you truly can't see the magnitude of his block head! He uses a neck/head strap? Looks stupid and dangerous but works!

I'm going to try an attachment
    Attached Images
    "But I don't want to go among the mad people," Alice remarked, "Oh you can't help that, we're all a little mad here" Cheshire Cat

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Hahaha.... that was too funny... Dare I ask if that's a before and after pic?? ... Naw... I'll stay away from that one...

Peace..
    ~G
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

Recovering Cupcake Addict poorgirl's Avatar
    poorgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poorgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

GameDayDog

What can I say these are the two males in my life!

They say owners and pets resemble! The dogs got a fat neck and block head too! lol
    "But I don't want to go among the mad people," Alice remarked, "Oh you can't help that, we're all a little mad here" Cheshire Cat

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a guy with a neck to die for, Luke Mueller aka The Mule.

Don't forget the deadlifts and squats. Even squats work your neck to a degree, not to mention making your whole body grow. Shrugs (heavy!) will work too.

One day I was in the gym shrugging pretty heavy (I love shrugs). I was talking with the owner, and I was complaining about my shirt collars not fitting, even on new shirts. He did a double take and said "wait a minute... you're shrugging like that and bitching about your shirt collars? Oh man, I have NO pity for you!"
    Attached Images
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

EricF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

At the risk of sounding ignorant...

... what exactly is a "neck bridge?"

Thanks!

-Eric

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a 19 inch neck and never did anything other than shrugs or deads. It is tough enough to find shirts

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Deadlift.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DanMc
    I have a 19 inch neck and never did anything other than shrugs or deads. It is tough enough to find shirts
    Me too. With us old guys, the neck just keeps growin' whether we want it to or not.

bigdaddee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Downz - another thing to remember is the guys you showed have been playing football for a long time and the neck is strengthend on a regular basis. Focus on rearward movements, like the neck bridges mentioned before, and ear - to - shoulder movments. Head forward movements (chin to chest) will thicken up the sternocleidomastoid (the thick ropy muscled on the sides) but may cause tightness if you don't stretch.
    A simple exercise routine is a four way push with just using your hands for resistance. After you have done that for a while you can move to some of the other solutions mentioned.
    If you must fail, fail while striving greatly so your place will never be with those cold and timid souls knowing neither victory nor defeat

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's funny, I'm trying to stay away from neck thickness. Looks funny IMO.(monkeymen)
    Add me on instagram @davidgzz1981

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Me too. With us old guys, the neck just keeps growin' whether we want it to or not.
    Actually, that's true. But up to a certain point. Through most of a man's adult life his neck thickens, but I forgot what at age the neck starts to thin out. I think it's well after 50. It's probably a hormonal response. As testosterone and gh decline, so does muscle mass. So I guess that weight trainers could forestall that.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).