Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4598
    IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You haven't posted today....I hope everything is OK w/the leg.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill

Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174190821&referrerid=1173311

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Originally Posted by dukefanregard View Post
    Once again your workout still looks good.
    You should really just get to the doctor, don't take any chances on seeing how it feels later.

Diet looks yummy still as usual
    Thanks! I will go and see someone if it continues.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Great back workout girl nice!! Well I'm no Dr, but you could have strained your hip flexor. I'm only guessing this based on the pain your getting from those certain exercises. Take some ibprofen to help with possible inflamation and rest it ok...see what happens

Have a great night.
    I took some ibprofen that night - it seemed to help a bit. It's feeling 1000x better today, even though it's not completely gone. I haven't done cardio for the past 2 days though.

Originally Posted by Lifting N Tx View Post
    Is it muscular, as it sounds?

If it might be hip flexors, check out what Kat posted on dealing with problems from them. Also, posts 2079, 2082 and 2083 on the same page.

If that doesn't seem like the thing, then maybe some more details to help us know exactly where you feel pain, as best you can.

Sorry about the pain, hope it gets better quickly, Karina.
    Thanks! Those posts helped a lot. I'm actually not sure at all what it is/was. Feeling a lot better today, but still hurts a bit coming up from a lunge position. Stretching it seems to help, though.

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Oh no Karina! Sorry to hear about your legs! I would say stretch and rest!!

You are soo strong w/ your diet!!! You are my Cut Diet inspiration!! lol

I'm glad you liked the cookies! I think I might make ones w/ my new choc. mint whey tonight!
    Hey Tara! Thanks. I stretched & looooots of resting... LOL.

Originally Posted by buttercup852 View Post
    yay for the PB on pullups, Boo for the pain in your legs, mmmm think you def need to rest them, if no better in a day or 2 perhaps a visit to the doctors just incase? Hope you feel better soon hun
    Hi Tam! Thanks! I appreciate you stopping by

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    Uh - Oh!!! I do not like the sound of that...but I hope so proud of you for listening to your body and did not try to push your legs...

Let it rest for a day or 2 with some ice and if that doesn't help you might want to check out the doc!! I have massive issues with my hips all the time, but I have to make sure to stretch them all day everyday!!!

Will Stephan help you try to massage it? or maybe get a tennis ball and see if it is a knot?

Huge virtual hug...I know how frustrated you must be right now!!!
    Hey Mandy.
    I don't think it's a muscle thing... it doen't really feel like a knot, almost like a joint thing... but it feels a lot better today. Stephen did give me a massage, but mostly the stretching has helped. I'm going to do a yoga class tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes!

Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    Bummer! Something like that happened to me once, pain just appeared and I could not remember pulling anything. I just took it easy for a couple weeks and it gradually went away. When I did work out I made sure I was really REALLY warmed up.

BTW what's the protein cookie recipe?
    Hi! Weird... sounds like I just need to take it easy for a bit (easier said than done... haha). I need to focus more on warming up and stretching before/after workouts. Tara posted the protein cookie recipe - thanks!!

They're my creation!!!

4 egg whites, 1 scoop any flavor whey, 20 g. ground almonds, any flavoring you want (lemon, vanilla extract,etc), stevia, a little baking powder and I used a little xantham gum (optional)..bake at 350 for 12-15 min
    Originally Posted by genevieved View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your legs - I imagine that thtat would be very frustrating for you right now

Glad to hear about the pull up success tho! That must 'soften' the blow of your leg somewhat? or not?
    Hi Gen!
    It made me feel a BIT better... LOL... but I don't think I realized until Wednesday how frustrating it was to have my leg hurt when I was trying to do a workout!! Hopefully I'm back to 100% soon. Thanks for the nice words!!

Originally Posted by wala View Post
    Wow, nice back workout Karina, I like!

Sorry to hear a bout your injury. Sounds weird?! Is it muscular or something else? I've had a few injuries in my time, they've all become better so hopefully you'll be the same. Just rest and don't do any work that involves working the area that hurts!

Here's some wala love tho to help heal it *sends wala love*
    Aw, thanks for the Wala love!! lol. I don't think it's muscular, although I'm finding it really hard to tell. It's not like anything I've felt before - more like in the joints, and a SHARP pain. I'm resting it, and doing my other workouts instead right now.

Originally Posted by moon girl View Post
    Ouch! Hope that leg starts to feel better soon. I hate 'injuries' like that where you don't really know what the problem is. They're so hard to treat!
    Hi, thanks! I know... it's so annoying. Hopefully it'll work itself out soon!

Originally Posted by mmmc View Post
    Oh, no! I really hope your leg recovers quickly! I good rest will help it most likely. I wouldn't even do extra walking; just rest for a few days and then ease back into it. Also, I wouldn't go back into those heavy weights you use right away; ease back into that, too.

I know how incredibly frusterating it is to have an injury. Non-planned time off is sooo annoying, but you need to listen to your body. Good job not trying to push through it. I hope it heals very quickly!
    I agree! Thanks. I'll take it easy on the weights on my first leg day back, as well. Thanks mmmc!

Originally Posted by shortee2525 View Post
    hey I found your journal! I will be following along have a great day
    Yay! Glad you're following along!

Originally Posted by IronCamp View Post
    Oh Karina, I am so sorry to hear about your leg. I could sense the sadness in your post. If it continues to bother you, you should see a dr. From the sound of it, it could be a pinched nerve. I really hope that everything is OK.
    Thanks so much... I was really sad... I'm feeling a lot better now. I haven't had an injury before so I don't think I really understood how frustrating it is to not be able to do something you want to... ugh... if it's not gone this weekend, I'm going to go see someone about it.

Originally Posted by push_it View Post
    Sorry to hear about your leg. Did you maybe pull something during a cardio session? I've done that before. I would agree with you and say try some more stretching and maybe use some ice or warm compress on the area that hurts.
    Great back work out though and way to go on pull ups. You're amazing.
    I've ordered some protein powder and new supplements too that I've been waiting on. I hope the protein comes soon because I am really running low.
    Hope your leg is feeling better today
    Hey! It's possible... I have no idea, really - but interesting, maybe that's what I did. LOL... the tracking # says my order is in Edmonton so hopefully I get it today!!!! I'm so impatient!

Originally Posted by pga617 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your leg. Injuries suck big time! Def get it checked out if it continues to bother you. Rest up!
    Thanks Amaris! I definitely will!

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    Oh, so sorry to hear about your leg pain! With the great progress you've been making, I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Give it rest and hopefully you will be back soon!
    Thanks a lot! I will .

Originally Posted by Miss-Sophie View Post
    So sorry to hear about your leg issue! I hope it's nothing serious! Is it possible that you have pulled something? GREAT GREAT back workout though! Your cable rows are SOLID! Get some rest and do some stretching so you can get better asap!
    I don't think it's serious... hopefully not! No idea what I did though - lol. Stretching has helped so far! Thanks so much, about the back workout - I'm really enjoying them now!!

Originally Posted by lululemon View Post
    Sorry to hear about your leg. That must be so frustrating. Try icing it for a day and then alternating between heat and ice.

Nice job on the pullups though. HOLY COW YOU ROCK GIRL! and wide grip too...simply amazing.
    Ugh, I'm scared of ice... hehe... I HATE doing that...but heat is good... I will probably end up doing both! Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by Lckymii View Post
    What everyone else said about your leg

I can't believe what a tough upper body you have, amazing. You are my inspiration to get up there and do at least one pull up lol
    LOL... thanks!! Now if only my abs would cooperate!! haha.

Originally Posted by kledbetter View Post
    Hey There!

hope everything is going alright
    Hi Katie! Thanks for the wishes!

Hope that leg is feeling better!!
    It's feeling a bit better... hopefully a sign that it's going to be back to normal soon??? Ugh.

Originally Posted by DeannaOnlyne View Post
    Hey there girl~ That sucks about your leg. You should definalty rest it and try some gentle stretching... You also might think about other areas of your body, like your back... when my back isn't stretched, then my legs hurt like how you described. Hopefully you just slept on it wrong or something... I did that just on Monday and have been living with a neck muscle that is out of whack... It's going to take a couple days, but just use those days to focus on your breathing! ( ha ha, can you tell I've been on Yoga overload! lol) I want to suggest that you try some very gentle Yoga... it helps to open up your hips, but if you do, you have to make sure that you tell your teacher about your hip... You can get injured doing Yoga, but it might help to loosen things up if it's just that you are tight...
    That's really good advice, thanks! Actually my sister and I were going to do a hot yoga class on Saturday. I will talk to the instructor and let her know about my situation, but hopefully that will HELP. I hope so!!!

Originally Posted by leilani_uga View Post
    What are these "protein" cookies you speak of?!? There's probably a recipe somewhere but I'm still new and too lazy to search for it! Do share!
    Tara posted them!! (Thanks Tara)
    They're worked out to exactly the "ratios" I'm supposed to be eating on the Cut Diet, so they're SO convenient for taking in my purse.

Originally Posted by mikeschick View Post
    Karina, Karina....WHAT are you doing to yourself?!?! We can't BOTH be hobbling around lame. Heal up girl, I hope it feels better soon!
    Hey Roni! I know... this sucks!!!! Thanks!

They're my creation!!!

4 egg whites, 1 scoop any flavor whey, 20 g. ground almonds, any flavoring you want (lemon, vanilla extract,etc), stevia, a little baking powder and I used a little xantham gum (optional)..bake at 350 for 12-15 min
    Yay Tara! Thanks!

*Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Happy
    Friday!

Hey everyone.

Sorry I didn't post last night - I used up my 'second rest day' for this week () and basically slept ALL evening!! I've been feeling kind of sick this week (separate from the leg!) but so far nothing major except for feeling SUPER tired. Work has been really busy and I've had a lot of stuff going on, so that's probably some of the reason. Today is much better ... I think I just needed to catch up on some sleep!

The leg is feeling a LOT better, although the pain isn't completely gone. I did quite a bit of stretching, resting (obviously!), and took some ibuprofen. I am fairly sure it's not a 'muscle' thing, but if it's not gone by later this weekend I will get it checked out. I'm going to go ahead and do my arm workout tonight, and if I do cardio it will just be incline walking, nothing strenuous.

Hope everyone had a good week! I am SO ready for the weekend! I will post later tonight with my arm workout!

YESTERDAY'S NUTRITION
    1 Egg whites/HB egg/green beans/grapefruit/almonds
    2 'Protein cookies'/green beans/almonds
    3 Top sirloin/green beans/almonds
    4 Whey/green beans/avocado
    5 Egg whites/green beans/almond butter

* I slept for a few hours between meal 4 & 5, so didn't fit my 6th meal in! Oops!

Water Intake: 6L

Supplements: Dialene 4, Sesamin, Xtend

Sleep: Including my 'nap', 10.5 hours!!

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Yay for DOMS!
    I agree that plain is Delicious! Nice and HOT, I must add.
    I have seasoned my grn beans, many ways.
    Italian seasoning.
    Chili Powder.
    Mrs. Dash.
    Lemmon Pepper.
    or
    Sweet, with Splenda and Cinnamon.
    All Yum-O!

I am sorry about your leg/hip pain.....How's it feeling now?
    Hi Joan. All of those sound really good! I have tried Italian Seasoning before. Never with splenda and cinnamon...interesting. They're also good with a little almond butter spread on top! Yum.
    The leg/hip is better today, but still hurting a bit. Hopefully it will go away soon.... bleh... I hate pain, unless it's DOMS!!!

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Hope that leggie is feeling better soon! Sorry that you are feeling it. Rest up so we can see those terrific leg workouts again

I am a naked green bean girl myself....although lemon is yummy on them

Have a great weekend!!
    Hi! Thanks! I'm sad that I missed my leg workout this week, but I think I will end up skipping it (rather than moving it ahead). I will attempt it again on Tuesday, with somewhat lighter weights to ease back into it.

Originally Posted by jordan1007 View Post
    Oh, be careful on the leg.

I am making those cookies!
    They're great! I use cookies 'n' cream protein powder!

Just checkin in to see how you're feeling

Enjoy your weekend.
    Thanks for checking on me!! I'm feeling ok

Originally Posted by WannaGetLean View Post
    I was doing the same ..let us know how your leg is feeling today, you may have tweaked it like you said and it might just be irritated for a few days and then fix itself. But I would monitor that and not to hurt yourself anymore! cant have you out of commission when your doing so well!!
    Hey! Yeah I will definitely monitor it. I hate things like this slowing me down, I was just getting into a groove!!! LOL.

Originally Posted by nockowt1 View Post
    Hope your leg feels better soon.

At the rate you're going with the pullups you will need to do them weighted soon. I'm very impressed.
    Thanks Kevin. I'm thrilled with how quickly I'm progressing using the program. Doing them multiple times in a week has made a MAJOR improvement to my speed of progression.

Originally Posted by SportChic View Post
    Hey girly hope all is well. I know I have major catching up to do on your journal but I wanted to at least drop by and say good morning and hello. Happy Friday!!!
    Hey, thanks! Glad you visited! Hope you had a great week!! I will catch up on your journal soon as well!

Originally Posted by mmmc View Post
    x2

And I really hope you are feeling better!
    A bit, thanks!!

Originally Posted by IronCamp View Post
    You haven't posted today....I hope everything is OK w/the leg.
    Thanks The leg's ok (getting better I think)... just didn't post last night b/c I haven't been feeling well! Appreciate you guys checking in on me!

Last edited by vanillabn; 06-06-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey busy gal Glad to hear that you and the leg are feeling better. Your meals look great as always. Do you have a whole grapefruit at breakfast or just a half?
    Have a great arm workout and happy Friday!
    Control it or it will control you

shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shortee2525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow you eat alot of green beans!!
    - I do not want to wear my food
    - A few moments of pleasure = a fat ass
    - Cottage cheese is made to eat not wear
    - I deprive myself from junk, junk eaters deprive themselves from hotness

pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got some good sleepin' going on here! Sounds like you definitely needed it!
    ***Taste is temporary....your body is forever***

MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiaFey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello

Glad to know your leg feels better now!

Sleeping a lot feels good too, doesn't it? Hope you can relax and take it easy this week-end too!
    Keto'ing my life.

Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad to see you are resting. Your little body must have needed it in a bad way. And just think of all the muskles you are building while your snoozing away

lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) lululemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good job on getting some sleep girl Im sure your leg will be better in no time!
    "Perception is everything. Reality is what you make it. Don't focus on the way you are. Focus on the way you want to be."

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread .php?t=106293081

JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling crappy... but it was a good choice to rest!!

I understand the frustration of having an injury that you have NO IDEA how it happened and it won't seem to go away.... I've been nursing a pain in my lower back for a few weeks now.
    I have an appointment next week with an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in backs - yeah, it's a pain in the butt to have to find a doc, schedule an appointment, go to the appointment, etc... but promise us that you'll get your leg checked out SOON if it doesn't go away!!!

Have a great weekend
    Team Scivation Athlete

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106528341

kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000) kledbetter is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm sleeping about 10 hours too. being sick sucks

hope you feel better soon
    Goals: Fat Loss, Strength, Definition

1/20/06: 187 lbs, size 14
    6/6/07: 148lbs, size 6

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Feel better!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Hey busy gal Glad to hear that you and the leg are feeling better. Your meals look great as always. Do you have a whole grapefruit at breakfast or just a half?
    Have a great arm workout and happy Friday!
    Thanks! For the grapefruit, I have 6.5 oz, so if they're really big, I have to save part for the next day (which is annoying!) the bag of grapefruits I have now are ~6.5 each so a whole one!

Originally Posted by shortee2525 View Post
    wow you eat alot of green beans!!
    Oh, tell me about it!!! LOL... I know... I am the green bean queen... haha. I eat asparagus and broccoli sometimes too, but I DO favour the beans.

Originally Posted by pga617 View Post
    Got some good sleepin' going on here! Sounds like you definitely needed it!
    Thanks!! I did... feel much better now though!

Originally Posted by MiaFey View Post
    Hello

Glad to know your leg feels better now!

Sleeping a lot feels good too, doesn't it? Hope you can relax and take it easy this week-end too!
    Sleeping helped SO much... I agree, some nice relaxing this weekend would be nice!

Originally Posted by Lckymii View Post
    Glad to see you are resting. Your little body must have needed it in a bad way. And just think of all the muskles you are building while your snoozing away
    Hey you! Thanks... LOL. You're right, I should think of it that way!!

Originally Posted by lululemon View Post
    Good job on getting some sleep girl Im sure your leg will be better in no time!
    Thanks! I hope so!

Originally Posted by JessFM View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling crappy... but it was a good choice to rest!!

I understand the frustration of having an injury that you have NO IDEA how it happened and it won't seem to go away.... I've been nursing a pain in my lower back for a few weeks now.
    I have an appointment next week with an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in backs - yeah, it's a pain in the butt to have to find a doc, schedule an appointment, go to the appointment, etc... but promise us that you'll get your leg checked out SOON if it doesn't go away!!!

Have a great weekend
    Hey Jess! Thanks... sorry to hear about your back... hopefully you get that sorted out next week. It's definitely frustrating!

Originally Posted by kledbetter View Post
    i'm sleeping about 10 hours too. being sick sucks

hope you feel better soon
    I know! Sorry to hear YOU are sick! Hope you feel better soon too???

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Feel better!
    Thanks a lot!

*Blah, Blah, Blah.... *

Weeks 5-8: Growth/Strength - Week 6, Day 5

Fri, June 6

Hi guys!!

Today was SOOO busy! I literally just got home... I had so many errands to run, fixed a flat tire (well, took it in to get it fixed ... ) and went to the gym. Stephen just took off to rent some movies for us tonight so I thought I'd quickly get in an update! It's raining and cool out, so I think we're just going to stay in and relax tonight.

My workout was good, but felt a little 'off' ... I don't know why, I was just distracted and not really into what I was doing tonight. The gym was SO empty! My leg is feeling a LOT better now. There's only a *tiny* twinge on my right hip when I do bodyweight lunges. I may do some yoga tomorrow so hopefully that helps....

I got my bb.com order as well, finally! PERFECT timing, because I just used my last scoop of Xtend today!!! As for everything else, I've only tested out the Syntrax Nectar cappuccino flavour so far, which I REALLY like!

Unless it's my imagination, I actually felt like I looked leaner in the mirror this morning. I'm going to take measurements/weight tomorrow and see what's happening, if anything!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

ARMS & ABS ~ No PBs today... how sad hehe.

Chinups
    10, 9, 7, 6 -- Felt really strong on the first set, but struggled for the others.

EZ Bar Curls
    10x30lbs, 10x30lbs, 10x30lbs, 10x30lbs, 9x30lbs -- Still not used to the 5 sets, apparently!!! Got harder and harder to finish 10 reps.

DB Hammer Curls
    10x15lbs/hand, 10x15lbs/hand, 10x12.5lbs/hand, 10x12.5lbs/hand, 10x12.5lbs/hand -- Whew

Rope Tricep Pulldowns
    10x60lbs, 10x60lbs, 10x60lbs, 10x50lbs, 10x40lbs -- These felt hard today!!!

Rope Overhead Extensions
    10x50lbs, 10x50lbs, 9x50lbs, 10x40lbs, 11x40lbs, 10x40lb

Dips
    10, 10, 9, 7, 5 -- Until failure on each set

Roman Chair Knee Ups
    3 sets to failure

supersetted with

Weighted Incline Crunches
    3 sets to failure

CARDIO

30 minutes incline walking

-----------------------

TODAY'S NUTRITION

1 Whey/green beans/grapefruit/almonds
    2 Top sirloin/green beans/almonds
    3 Top sirloin/green beans/almonds
    4 Whey/green beans/almond butter
    5 Shrimp/spinach/EVOO
    6 Carb Meal
    • 12 oz asparagus
    • 1/2 cup oatmeal, 6.5 oz grapefruit, 12 almonds
    • 8 oz yam, 4 tsp. almond butter

Water intake: 6L+ (tons... I brought a 2L bottle to work and drank three of them during my day!)

Supplements: Dialene 4, Sesamin, Xtend
    Last edited by vanillabn; 06-06-2008 at 08:44 PM.

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm glad to hear the leg is feeling better. Great numbers per usual, hun.

What flavour of Xtend did you order? Hope you have a wonderful weekend also

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well girl, the important thing is we got out workouts done!! I'm glad your leg/hip feeling a little better.

Enjoy your movies and have a great weekend!

buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Karina, i am pleased your feeling better, its amazing what some sleep can do! Dont worry about not concentrating to much on your workout, you have been tired and just moved so your body probably needed the extra rest.
    Enjoy your night in! Have a great weekend

DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeannaOnlyne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh I am so looking forward to how you like your Yoga class! And the Hot will be great. You'll get to sweat and stretch and strengthen. I hope you go! It'll be so good for you.
    Long way to go.

My journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107002931

My puppy website! Check it out!
    www.riversidegermanshepherds.com

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad to hear that your leg is feeling a little bit better Nothing worse than an injury when you want to work out ... but it is better to listen to your body and follow your instincts. I am sure that all of the extra sleep and rest helped too.

And woohoo for feeling leaner in the mirror yesterday ... what a great way to start or finish the day!! I felt that way today too because TOM finally left!!!!!! lol

Have a great weekend! I guess based on your post that you did not get the hot weather that we did yesterday ... 40C with the humidex!!!!!
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing well!

girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) girl22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Karina, glad to see you are feeling better!!! Good job w/workout!!! Get some rest

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad the leg is feeling better!! Have a good weekend!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    Amazing job. You are kicking butt. I can't wait to see and hear about your progress (measurements and such). You've been doing so great!!
    Hope you had a good night and have a great weekend!
    Control it or it will control you

moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That's an awesome workout for a "not really into it" one. I'm glad to hear the pain in your leg is getting less.

Yay for getting your bbb.com order - I love getting/trying new supps .

Have a great weekend!
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3521621

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi sweetie!!!

YAY for your order and YAY for the leg feeling better

You might of had an "off" day because you were worried about the leg...just a though!

Tell Stephen he gets brownie points for the massage!!!

Hope your having a great weekend!!!
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Karina..
    I'm happy to hear your leg is better
    Girl you are kicking butt
    Keep it up
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StAmandes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Aren't those carb up meals amazing?!? We used to slice sweet potatoes up into dollars and fry them in olive oil. SOO GOOD!! I'm definitely partial to the green beans as well.

That is awesome that you think you look leaner in the mirror. That is always rewarding. Hope it put a smile on your face!!

Originally Posted by 5Six View Post
    I'm glad to hear the leg is feeling better. Great numbers per usual, hun.

What flavour of Xtend did you order? Hope you have a wonderful weekend also
    Thanks Kurt! I ordered lemonade flavour Xtend. I like it, but in my opinion the watermelon flavour is WAY better... so that's what I'll probably stick with after this!!

Well girl, the important thing is we got out workouts done!! I'm glad your leg/hip feeling a little better.

Enjoy your movies and have a great weekend!
    Hey! No doubt! Thanks. I'm having a good weekend so far - hope you are too!!

Originally Posted by buttercup852 View Post
    Hi Karina, i am pleased your feeling better, its amazing what some sleep can do! Dont worry about not concentrating to much on your workout, you have been tired and just moved so your body probably needed the extra rest.
    Enjoy your night in! Have a great weekend
    Hey Tam! Thanks... I've definitely been getting lots of rest the past couple days!!

Originally Posted by DeannaOnlyne View Post
    Oh I am so looking forward to how you like your Yoga class! And the Hot will be great. You'll get to sweat and stretch and strengthen. I hope you go! It'll be so good for you.
    I'll let you know how it goes for sure!! We're doing it tomorrow now, NO FAIL!!!

Originally Posted by moisy View Post
    Glad to hear that your leg is feeling a little bit better Nothing worse than an injury when you want to work out ... but it is better to listen to your body and follow your instincts. I am sure that all of the extra sleep and rest helped too.

And woohoo for feeling leaner in the mirror yesterday ... what a great way to start or finish the day!! I felt that way today too because TOM finally left!!!!!! lol

Have a great weekend! I guess based on your post that you did not get the hot weather that we did yesterday ... 40C with the humidex!!!!!
    Wow, I wish it was that hot here!!! I love the heat. Thanks a lot for the encouragement!!

Originally Posted by girl22 View Post
    Hi Karina, glad to see you are feeling better!!! Good job w/workout!!! Get some rest
    Hey! Thanks! I will ...

Glad the leg is feeling better!! Have a good weekend!
    Thanks Tara! You too!

Amazing job. You are kicking butt. I can't wait to see and hear about your progress (measurements and such). You've been doing so great!!
    Hope you had a good night and have a great weekend!
    I'll be posting them tomorrow!! I was too rushed this morning getting everything done... hopefully they're not disappointing!! LOL.

Originally Posted by moon girl View Post
    That's an awesome workout for a "not really into it" one. I'm glad to hear the pain in your leg is getting less.

Yay for getting your bbb.com order - I love getting/trying new supps .

Have a great weekend!
    Thanks! I agree, getting my bb.com is definitely a highlight!! hehe. I want to try them all at once!!

Hi sweetie!!!

YAY for your order and YAY for the leg feeling better

You might of had an "off" day because you were worried about the leg...just a though!

Tell Stephen he gets brownie points for the massage!!!

Hope your having a great weekend!!!
    Thanks Mandy! You're probably right! LOL... I'll tell him! He's a sweetie, I'm lucky to have him!!

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Hi Karina..
    I'm happy to hear your leg is better
    Girl you are kicking butt
    Keep it up
    Hi Vanessa!! Thanks. Hope you're having a good weekend?

Originally Posted by StAmandes View Post
    Aren't those carb up meals amazing?!? We used to slice sweet potatoes up into dollars and fry them in olive oil. SOO GOOD!! I'm definitely partial to the green beans as well.

That is awesome that you think you look leaner in the mirror. That is always rewarding. Hope it put a smile on your face!!
    Oh yes, they are heavenly!!! I get so excited because I forget, and usually remember sometime during the day.... thanks!

Weeks 5-8: Growth/Strength - Week 6, Day 6

Sat, June 7

Well I have to make this quick!

I was planning on doing hot yoga at noon with my younger sister, but we were both running really late so we postponed it until tomorrow! I was kind of disappointed, but it turned out ok. I brought her to the gym with me to do shoulders instead! She was hesitant at first, but afterwards she said it was so much fun... lol

The workout was REALLY good!! I totally felt it... my shoulders were absolutely burning afterwards, even though no PBs! I REALLY feel like I need to stretch more though - I'm hoping yoga tomorrow (90 minutes of it, too!!!) will be exactly what I need... and maybe a massage!

A couple we're friends with are coming to visit from Saskatchewan, so we're going out to dinner at Ric's Grill tonight... I'm going to stay 'on' plan, so I'm planning on steak and seasonal vegetables. I'm actually getting surprisingly good and recognizing what 3.7 oz looks like!!! We're leaving for that pretty soon....

Hope everyone's having a good weekend so far!

SHOULDERS
    *all weight per hand

DB Military Press
    10x20lbs, 10x20lbs, 10x15lbs, 10x15lbs, 9x15lbs -- Yay muscles! lol.

DB Front Raises
    10x10lbs, 10x10lbs, 10x10lbs, 10x10lbs, 10x10lbs -- Ouch!

DB Lateral Raises
    10x10lbs, 10x10lbs, 10x10lbs, 10x7.5lbs, 10x7.5lbs

Bent Over Rear Delt Fly
    10x12.5lbs, 10x12.5lbs, 10x12.5lbs, 10x10lbs, 10x10lbs -- Love these!

Today's PULLUP tally:
    8, 6, 5, 5

CARDIO

Stairclimber, Level 9 - 10 minutes -- Took it easy b/c of the leg... everything went fine, no pain or anything!

Treadmill, Incline @ 9.0, Speed 3.6mph, 20 minutes

-----------------------

TODAY'S NUTRITION

1 Egg whites/green beans/grapefruit/almonds
    2 Whey/green beans/almonds
    3 Shrimp/spinach/EVOO
    4 Top sirloin/seasonal vegetables/EVOO <-- restaurant!
    5 Egg whites/green beans/almond butter
    6 Chicken/green beans/avocado

Water intake: 5L

Supplements: Dialene 4, Sesamin, Xtend, Vasocharge (pre W/O)

Last edited by vanillabn; 06-07-2008 at 03:24 PM.

melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Great Job

impressive workout and eating!!
    I love doing yoga also!! I always feel such a good stretch and am usually pretty sore the next day! I most of the poses pretty challenging and it helps me notice how tight I am around my hips....
    Enjoy your steak this evening!!
    Last edited by melinda11; 06-07-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Karina...I hope your dinner out tonight is scumptious and you have fun with your friends.
    I like that you know what 3.7 oz look like...lol...that's awesome!

Do you think this is a start to your sister's bbing future?

That was a great workout..it made my shoulders hurt just reading..hehe.
    Keep working at them pull-up's , Girl...You're doing Super!! Wooo!
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪