Motivation has returned Mikey Palmice's Avatar
    Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How much peanut butter is too much?

I have been having two tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter before bed with my half cup of cottage cheese and I love it. I am not necessarily bulking or cutting, just trying to build muscle while keeping my mid section in check.

I am looking to add some calories to my diet and found that an easy way to do this is with a few servings of 2 tablespoon NPB. I know that it's healthy fat in the PB, but would using this as extra calories be bad for my goal of keeping my mid section in check.

One of the reasons I am asking is because I read in another thread that it isn't fat that makes you fat, it's calories that make you fat.

thanks, reps for help of course

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, fat will not make you fat. If you go too far over in cals it can be stored as fat. But Natty pb is great, so id say up it a little and see what happens.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    PB is also slow digesting and ideal before bed. My pre-bed looks similar to yours, so expirement a little. Hope this helps.

Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sounds good, thanks

Anytime bro

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do about 6 tablespoons a day on a cut!

Just watch the portions, what many think is a tablespoon is actually 2 or 3.(myself included )
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) philipZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    u cant have too much in one hit, its too hard for the body to digest, and also remeber it DOES contain some saturated fat so too much is definetly not good.

id say any more than 30 grams of fat in a meal is really pushing it.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by philipZ View Post
    u cant have too much in one hit, its too hard for the body to digest, and also remeber it DOES contain some saturated fat so too much is definetly not good.

id say any more than 30 grams of fat in a meal is really pushing it.
    Is saturated fat evil?

ISSA Certified CFT

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by philipZ View Post
    and also remeber it DOES contain some saturated fat so too much is definetly not good.
    Why does the myth that saturated fats are bad continue to persist among people who should know better?

rforgione has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, it sounds like you are bulking, youre just on a lean bulk. any time youre looking to add some mass, you have to expect a little fat to come along with it. natty pb is great for a number of a reasons (omega 3's, low GI carbs, fiber, supports sleep, tastes really good ) i have 3-4 tablespoons in a meal all the time. im on a 40/20/40 split right now propping me up at 110g of fat a day.. the amount per meal all depends on what youre shooting for. i use www.fitday.com to log everything so during the day i always kind of know how much more i need to take in, which makes it much easier to gauge how much i need in each pro/fat meal.
    www.raylongomartialarts.com
    www.serrajitsu.com

http://www.********.com/p/Rob_Forgione/1364580050
    http://www.myspace.com/robforge

Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    I do about 6 tablespoons a day on a cut!

Just watch the portions, what many think is a tablespoon is actually 2 or 3.(myself included )
    good to hear. Adding 2 tablespoons to three meals is a really easy way to add like 600 calories to your diet.

about this saturated fat myth, what makes saturated fat good for you?

and a tablespoon would be taking an actual tablespoon and filling it up to the top with a knife, right? nice and level, right?

Richie, how much PB would you have on a bulk if you have that much on a cut?

Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienware will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mikey Palmice View Post
    Saturated fats

Sources: Beef tallow (fat), dairy, palm oil, coconut oil.

Saturated fats? roles in the body include: [1]

They constitute at least 50% of our cell membranes and give our cells integrity.
    They play a vital role in the health of our bones.
    They lower Lp(a), a substance in the blood that is said to indicate proneness to heart disease.
    They protect the liver from alcohol and other toxins like Tylenol (Acetaminophen).
    They enhance the immune system.
    They are needed for proper utilization of essential fatty acids.
    Stearic acid and palmitic acid, both saturated fats, are the preferred energy source of the heart. This is why the fat around the heart muscle is mainly saturated. The best sources for palmitic acid are beef, butter and palm oil.
    Short and medium chain saturated fatty acids have strong antimicrobial properties. They help protect us from harmful microorganisms. The best sources are tropical oils such as coconut oil and palm oil.
    Because the carbon atoms are saturated with hydrogen atoms, saturated fats are very stable and generally do not go rancid. These fats are the best sources for cooking because of their stability and the positive functions they play in our bodies.

source:http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2006/...hypothesis.htm

Originally Posted by Mikey Palmice View Post
    good to hear. Adding 2 tablespoons to three meals is a really easy way to add like 600 calories to your diet.

and a tablespoon would be taking an actual tablespoon and filling it up to the top with a knife, right? nice and level, right?

Richie, how much PB would you have on a bulk if you have that much on a cut?
    Well, I have an actual tablespoon measuring spoon. I fill to the very top and level it off completely. Well, that's what I say to do, in actuality, I don't pay much attention.

Really, if you want an accurate reading, get a scale and measure out the weight in grams.

On a bulk...not sure, I probably wouldn't add much more, maybe another 2 tablespoons. I'd probably go more carbs on the bulk.

ISSA Certified CFT

Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duke309 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    better to use the scale for such dense stuff as peanut butter and oats. My half cup measuring cup leveled off with oats is actually over 50g, while a half cup of oats is only supposed to be 40g. That is a quarter bigger than its supposed to be. Same with the tablespoon, a level tablespoon isnt really close to what it supposed to be.

Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    Well, I have an actual tablespoon measuring spoon. I fill to the very top and level it off completely. Well, that's what I say to do, in actuality, I don't pay much attention.

Really, if you want an accurate reading, get a scale and measure out the weight in grams.

On a bulk...not sure, I probably wouldn't add much more, maybe another 2 tablespoons. I'd probably go more carbs on the bulk.
    interesting, thanks