LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000)

What makes a body naturally lean?

Hi guys - I've been off the boards for a long time, and just getting back to working out regularly. I'm doing good, except I'm still trying to stop the love of cold beer that I have.

May be a dumb question - but it's something I've noticed in my family. My older son is a bodybuilder and my daughter works out (play lacrosse) regularly. They are looking pretty good.

Point - then there's my 18 year old doesn't work out at all, but he's RIPPED. He may not be 'big', but we're talking a friggin 6-pack and sculpted muscles all over.

So what is he taking when I'm not looking - ha ha, seriously is it testosterone or something else that gives one person an advantage?

I suspect my bulk is done trib2's Avatar
    trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trib2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your 18 year old doesn't do ANYthing for exercise? I mean, does he sit on the couch eating potato chips and playing video games, or is he a gymnast or swimmer who just doesn't work out in a gym with weights?
    "I can't be around carbs today. Do you know what one loaf of bread would do to my abs?!?" -- Michael Scott (The Office)

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If we could get a real answer to your question then we would all be ripped in no time
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Genetic's.
    A coward dies many deaths, a Soldier dies one.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Capt. America View Post
    Genetic's.
    X2....oh, and sex.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Genetic's.
    Originally Posted by garlichead View Post
    X2....oh, and sex.
    DIDO! ed
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

Registered User oldermuscledude's Avatar
    oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm thinking that if your metabolism is high then you'll be lean naturally, because nothing stays in your body long enough to be stored as fat. I think age also has something to do with it, because your resting heart rate at 18 is probably higher than your resting heart rate at 47. Most teenagers I know consume tons of junk food (soda, chips, etc.,) and have lousy eating habits yet they're thin.

What did you look like when you were his age? Were you lean as well?? Or maybe the grandparents were lean as teenagers--maybe it's also a matter of genetics..........

my 2 cents' worth.

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

My theory is...

that many younger, ripped people (one of my sons included) have not developed any insulin resistance yet. It is my opinion that as we get older, it is not so much a metabolic slowdown as it is an increase in IR, due to our modern, carbohydrate-based diet.
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000) LateStart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by oldermuscledude View Post
    I'm thinking that if your metabolism is high then you'll be lean naturally, because nothing stays in your body long enough to be stored as fat. I think age also has something to do with it, because your resting heart rate at 18 is probably higher than your resting heart rate at 47. Most teenagers I know consume tons of junk food (soda, chips, etc.,) and have lousy eating habits yet they're thin.

What did you look like when you were his age? Were you lean as well?? Or maybe the grandparents were lean as teenagers--maybe it's also a matter of genetics..........

my 2 cents' worth.
    I was a chubbo, as was my other son. I guess that's why I find it amazing he's lean - guess its a dumb question.

The 18 year old actually doesn't eat much junk food - our eating habits rubbed off on him.

redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation Yup

Genetic's.
    They do it evey time!! LOL

Keeponpumpin!_red

[img] http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...2&ppuser=56479 [/img]
    Last edited by redweston; 07-19-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    Enjoy The Pump Of Life !!

IT'S NOT WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU DRIVE THAT COUNTS, IT'S THE SIZE OF THE ARM YOU HANG OUT THE WINDOW!

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My son is skinny ripped too, and if it's genetic, I must not be his dad! and my wife must not be his mom! hahahaha

We are both endos
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is genetics I have 4 boys my oldest is a whopping 240+lbs He is an Endo, my 2nd oldest and youngest are Ectos they are ripped 8 packs and all, walking muscles and my 3rd oldest is a Meso, very muscular I know if he was to take up bbing he would do exceptionally well.

I am an Ecto my wife is an Endo
    On the list for Bannukah