Mikey170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikey170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikey170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does a gadget like this exist?

I want something along the lines of a PDA that has a program in it that will let you keep track of your workouts.
    You can't always get what you want.

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try this link:

http://applications.palmsource.com/S...ID=23&PSCID=94

There are lots of Palm-based sports and fitness programs.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a big believer in using a PDA to track fitness and diet (plus I can listen to MP3s on it, and a million other things).

I use Palm OS, which I like much better than Microsoft's Pocket PC, and I've used several programs to track my exercises, but I kept coming back to a basic spreadsheet on the PDA. Then I sat down one day and tried to figure out how I use the PDA when working out, and designed what I think is a killer spreadsheet template.

I can pick any exercise, measurement, or weigh-in from a drop-down menu, enter the date, weight and reps, and even have it calculate total lifts each time so I can see exactly how much I'm improving. For the weigh-in section, I have it calculate my fat% based on a scale and caliper reading, and what my fat and lean masses are. At a glance I can see tons of information that keeps me motivated. I'll see if I can post some screen shots for you.

For my money, no program has even come close to this template. It's very flexible, syncs to a spreadsheet on your desktop, and even graphs out your progress for you.
    Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=4647009#post4647009

Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adrenochrome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here are three quick pics. Weigh-In, which calculates stuff like my fat%, lean mass, and fat mass. I used to have it calculate a lot of other things, like changes from day-to-day, increments toward goals, etc., but I found that info didn't really help me much.

The Bench screenshot is my benching. It just tracks the weight and reps, and multiplies them so I get a "total" that gives me a rough way to estimate gains even when the weight changes.

The Menu screen is just the drop-down menu, which I'm including because I think that's the godsend feature here. It lets you choose whatever exercise you're doing, or weigh-in, or produce a chart, or lays out your workout program in case you forget what you wanted to do next. And with all of these, I have a comment area off-screen to the right, which is a great place to just jot notes.

Hope this helps. If you need any more info, let me know.

Oh, and what makes this so much better (in my opinion) than any other fitness software out there? It comes free with most new PDAs!
    Attached Images

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd like to get something like that but don't want to spend $200+ to do it.

You could do it on the $99 Zire, but you could find one cheaper if you look around. A higher model can go for $100 on eBay these days.

I use a Palm Tungsten T2 for everything from tracking workouts, diets, and regular calculator, calendar, addresses, and todo functions, to an alarm clock, an MP3 player, astronomy software, shopping lists, writing, house repairs, and on and on. It's paid for itself ten times over by now.

Mikey170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikey170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mikey170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    You could do it on the $99 Zire, but you could find one cheaper if you look around. A higher model can go for $100 on eBay these days.

I use a Palm Tungsten T2 for everything from tracking workouts, diets, and regular calculator, calendar, addresses, and todo functions, to an alarm clock, an MP3 player, astronomy software, shopping lists, writing, house repairs, and on and on. It's paid for itself ten times over by now.
    My wife has a T2, just yesterday she said she could not understand how she got by before it was invented. The type of programs that I need could go on a T2 so I might get her the newer version for Xmas. She has been wanting one with a camera in it....I think I just killed two birds with one stone I get what I want and she gets what she wants..Woooohooo
    You can't always get what you want.

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

woohoo

I think my wife is getting me a PDA for Xmas. Not sure which one but probably just a basic one which is what I want.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still log all my workouts and cardio on paper the old fashion way.
    I have the sheets from as far back as 5 years ago....fun to look back from time to time.

Thanks for the idea of a good gift for me this Xmas....I'll be telling my wife tonight. LOL

Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Chi_town
    I still log all my workouts and cardio on paper the old fashion way.
    I have the sheets from as far back as 5 years ago....fun to look back from time to time.

Thanks for the idea of a good gift for me this Xmas....I'll be telling my wife tonight. LOL
    I still use a regular notebook myself, just seems more practical because I like to make alot of notes sometimes. I'm almost certain I have my first workout logbook that came with my first gym when I was 15. I'll be going over my Mom's Monday, I'll try to dig that thing up. That would be a blast to take a look at I bet.
    "Our scars have the power to remind us that the past is real." Hannibal Lecter

"If live your life with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you piss all over today"