Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ballys Trainer View Post
    exactly.
    x2, Ballys Trainer
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    Do you do the same before doing rowing exercises?
    yessir
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

chasn w8t's like its pu$y Jamps's Avatar
    Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well apparently Mike Robertson & Eric Cressey/Bill Hartman (writers for t-nation) think that they (dynamic warm ups) are very necessary for long term functional health as well as good prep for the forthcoming workout (some drills can actually *wake up* the cns as well as increase ones mobility, flexibility, and stability) . They are the creators of the following dvd's:

Magnificent Mobility
    Inside-Out

And yeah i do arm circles before push/pull days along with other dynamic warm up drills as outlined in those dvds (well not exact but somewhat similar)
    Last edited by jampsifit; 07-17-2007 at 01:19 AM.
    PimPin Iron ain't easy, but i do it though...1 plate at a time. So watch how i Get'er done in my workout journal: http://tinyurl.com/

[][][]=\\=(>_<)=//=[][][]
    ................|
    .............../ \

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Would you put a rubber band in a freezer and try dynamically stretching it?
    If its a friday night and i'm board...hell yea!

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    To warm up the RC.
    I believe a gentele aerobic warmup should always be performed before every weights session - then some arm circles :-)

AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why do you see guys doing arm circles, as a warm-up, before bench pressing? Who is teaching this? Football coaches? Dynamically stretching a cold muscle is not very logical, IMO. Why do you need to dynamically stretch the pecs in the first place? A light aerobic warmup (if it cold in the facility) and progressive weight increase seems like a more logical solution to me.

For those guys who do arm circles with a plate before bench pressing...why?
    I do it, but without the plates. The reason being is that I start at a weight 50% of my 1 RM. So I am putting more strain on the shoulders and chest in the beginning. Warming up doing the movement is far more logical, but you really dont want your rotators seizing up while in the movement (assuming your doing it in an environment below the recommended temperature).
    Owe more reps to:
    Mourning Tide

MontanaPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this thread is funny. anyway i like to warmup by jogging for 5-7 minutes then i do some arm circles. i like how they loosen up and if i am sore a bit and retract some i feel a stretch. i do external and internal rotations with a either a thera band or pulley also. arm circles aren't going to hurt you in my opinion unless you throw too heavy of weights in your hand and don't do them within your own range of motion and flexibility. i also do the same thing on shoulder day which is never the day after benching because of soreness. lastly, i start light and progress when actually doing the sets. it isn't rocket science and everyone will find what works for them. i just hate when i try and do a few arm circles and d-bags don't notice and walk into one of my arms lol.