Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anyone fix lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt yet?

Hi guys,
    I've seen many people and links mention exercises and stretches for the hip flexors, lower back, strengthening the core, glutes and hamstrings and how this all can help to neutralize the anterior pelvic tilt, but my question is has anyone been successful with this routine yet?

I want to hear from people that have had success to fix their lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt or whatever experience they had for that matter.
    Strive for Pain and Intensity in the Gym!!!

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

i've corrected several postural deviations/distortions on several clients. done it to myself too. stretch tight muscles, strengthen the loose ones. for me it was my rhomboids and hip flexors.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ballys Trainer View Post
    i've corrected several postural deviations/distortions on several clients. done it to myself too. stretch tight muscles, strengthen the loose ones. for me it was my rhomboids and hip flexors.
    Wow, that's really good news and motivational. How many times do you think I should work on the stretches and how long should I hold each movement? For example, right now I stretch my hip flexors a few times a day but how long should I hold the stretch for (eg. warrior lunge). Also the lower back stretch. I haven't concentrated on strengthening the glutes but how much should I do those and should they be done daily or once a week type of thing?

Thanks!

I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Wow, that's really good news and motivational. How many times do you think I should work on the stretches and how long should I hold each movement? For example, right now I stretch my hip flexors a few times a day but how long should I hold the stretch for (eg. warrior lunge). Also the lower back stretch. I haven't concentrated on strengthening the glutes but how much should I do those and should they be done daily or once a week type of thing?

Thanks!
    i stretched my hip flexors along with my lowback, lats, and shoulders every day. i still do it fairly often. when you stretch statically, find a point of tension that is uncomfortable but bearable, and hold it 20-30 seconds. hip flexors can be tough to stretch so make sure you position yourself in the stretch so you hit it good. if you want to strengthen certain muscles just make them a priority in your workout and train them just like you would anything else, giving them time to recover. alot of people should be doing this stuff but think its unecessary. in fact, having your muscles at an optimal length will help them produce the most force, thus, making you stronger. (ATTENTION ALL BODYBUILDERS)

i stretched my hip flexors along with my lowback, lats, and shoulders every day. i still do it fairly often. when you stretch statically, find a point of tension that is uncomfortable but bearable, and hold it 20-30 seconds. hip flexors can be tough to stretch so make sure you position yourself in the stretch so you hit it good. if you want to strengthen certain muscles just make them a priority in your workout and train them just like you would anything else, giving them time to recover. alot of people should be doing this stuff but think its unecessary. in fact, having your muscles at an optimal length will help them produce the most force, thus, making you stronger. (ATTENTION ALL BODYBUILDERS)
    This is good info! I will try to hold my stretches for my hip flexors for atleast 30 seconds and my lower back stretch as well. How long before you saw results in the anterior pelvic tilt doing these stretches and strength work?

This is good info! I will try to hold my stretches for my hip flexors for atleast 30 seconds and my lower back stretch as well. How long before you saw results in the anterior pelvic tilt doing these stretches and strength work?
    you'll start noticing a change after a few weeks but it takes time for it to come into full effect. think about how long it took your body to get that way in the first place...

you'll start noticing a change after a few weeks but it takes time for it to come into full effect. think about how long it took your body to get that way in the first place...
    Good point again, I'm hoping to start seeing good results by July - August.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i had very bad anterior tilt, permanent back pain for years, its only just getting better and i did. loads of quad and back stretches and loads of strengthening on the glutes, glutes medius, abs, obliques and the hamstrings. stretching needs to be done a few times a day really, and dont expect stuff to change soon it takes quite a bit of time to undo the bad habits.

Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
    i had very bad anterior tilt, permanent back pain for years, its only just getting better and i did. loads of quad and back stretches and loads of strengthening on the glutes, glutes medius, abs, obliques and the hamstrings. stretching needs to be done a few times a day really, and dont expect stuff to change soon it takes quite a bit of time to undo the bad habits.
    At least you started to see results so that's good enough for me. By the way for the glute strengthening did you just do squats and kick backs? Any specific kind of squat or other exercises?

Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At least you started to see results so that's good enough for me. By the way for the glute strengthening did you just do squats and kick backs? Any specific kind of squat or other exercises?
    Try front walking lunges, they will strengthen your glutes and abs/obliques, and if you step long enough they will also give a nice dynamic stretch to your hip flexors.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

no for glutes i did weighted bridges which is also a great hip flexsor stretch. also ghr.

do the one at the bottom

http://www.tacticalathlete.com/bridgearticle.htm

use a couple of 45 plates and try to get to 50-100 reps.

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    another victim of the anterior pelvic tilt here, its a topic alot of people have problems with.. good info in here.. As for me I've been working on for the past couple of months, my main things have been doing core work and strengthening 2x a week, followed me stretching of my lower back and hamstrings.. I think it's getting better now but I only had a mild case to begin with

Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
    no for glutes i did weighted bridges which is also a great hip flexsor stretch. also ghr.

do the one at the bottom

http://www.tacticalathlete.com/bridgearticle.htm

use a couple of 45 plates and try to get to 50-100 reps.
    These are great, I was doing these but without the weight and only for like 15 reps holding at each rep squeezing the glutes, I'll try them with the 45 plate weight.

Originally Posted by Carmen0857 View Post
    Try front walking lunges, they will strengthen your glutes and abs/obliques, and if you step long enough they will also give a nice dynamic stretch to your hip flexors.
    I started doing these and got bored...lol. But I'll start again.

Thanks!

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Listen to this guy! Ive been preaching this stuff about posture for awhile now, its much more important than most people think and is ULTRA important to any serious BBer!
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic

These are great, I was doing these but without the weight and only for like 15 reps holding at each rep squeezing the glutes, I'll try them with the 45 plate weight.

yea when you build up to 1-2-3 45's you have to use your hands to stop them from sliding off the top of your thighs. squeeze the glutes all the way through the movement and feel that stretch in your hip flexsors at the top.

Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000) Smokin Horn is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump for me with same problems