Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

EASIEST method to lose fat/weight?

First post!

Hello all, I wanted your guys' opinions on what is the *easiest* way to lose fat for an average person. You can simply state the method.

I would appreciate any and as many responses as I can get! Thanks!!

PS I did a search and couldn't find something of this nature...

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    calorie deficit, it's the only way...

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ssoldier1 View Post
    First post!

Hello all, I wanted your guys' opinions on what is the *easiest* way to lose fat for an average person. You can simply state the method.

I would appreciate any and as many responses as I can get! Thanks!!

PS I did a search and couldn't find something of this nature...
    You must not have searched very hard then...it's stated in almost every thread on this forum.

calorie deficit, it's the only way...

Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ssoldier1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by juggernaut74ia View Post
    You must not have searched very hard then...it's stated in almost every thread on this forum.
    Could you link me to the thread please? This is sort of a tally of different weight loss techniques (IF, Paleo, CC, IIFYM etc) and to see which one recurs as the most popular as far as 'easy' goes. With this I could substantiate which diet technique I can suggest for newbies...

Soon to be former fatty rjmwx81's Avatar
    rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What one person finds easy, another will hate. I have a friend who loves paleo. I can't do it, love my carbs too much. It all comes down to calories. Full stop.
    Fat, but working on it.

Again.

"Do you think the men who built all this had it easy?!" "Hard men! Doing hard sh*t!" "And that gives me a hard on! But, uh, not in a gay way or anything."

Originally Posted by rjmwx81 View Post
    What one person finds easy, another will hate. I have a friend who loves paleo. I can't do it, love my carbs too much. It all comes down to calories. Full stop.
    But by what you're saying, it is impossible to lose fat or cut without counting calories.

Lets not forget, I'm referring to an average person, not someone looking to go into comp or reach 7% BF.

Have you heard of the portion method? There are dieting methods that do not require the counting of calories and I'm thinking those will be easier for newbies or moderates.

I'm very open to hearing more suggestions and opinions, as you said some will find "x" diet easier whilst it may be difficult for another. I wish to learn what the general consensus is and what weight loss techniques/methods are, by popularity, considered the easiest.

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The "easiest" way is to be in a caloric deficit
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*

anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Burn more calories than you take in. Increase exercise, reduce calories taken in, or a combination of the two. A calorie deficit as summarized by others.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you heard of the portion method? There are dieting methods that do not require the counting of calories
    You don't have to count calories to eat at a calorie deficit. You also don't have to watch your fuel gauge while you drive your car, but it sure makes it easier. Like most people, I think you're dramatically overestimating the difficulty of counting calories.

Give this stuff a read if you like. It outlines the concensus approach most follow on these boards.

Basic Fat Loss Process

1. Calculate your calories and macros
    2. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    3. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    4. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count accurately.
    5. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a structured program developed by an expert. You are probably not an expert.
    6. Cardio is optional; do it if you like to increase your calorie deficit. Do it on off days from lifting and don't let it interfere with recovery.
    7. Still not losing weight? Stuck on a plateau? Read this. And remember, you are not special.

Beginner Workout Programs:
    All Pro's Beginner Routine
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Push/Pull/Legs

How to lift properly

Counting calories accurately requires precision. Read these:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148418313
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154981223
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/op...tive.html?_r=0
    http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...d-calories.htm

And watch this informative video with terrible music: http://youtu.be/JVjWPclrWVY

Important Stuff To Know
    - Weight loss is not linear and predictable. Weigh yourself every day and track the average. Ignore short term fluctuations.
    - No specific food has a fat loss advantage over any other food. Eat foods you enjoy that deliver adequate macros and micros.
    - Food choices do matter for satiety. Choose foods that fill you up and are low in calories.
    - Cardio is not necessary to lose fat. It's just a tool to increase your net calorie deficit.
    - Muscle loss is not an issue if you get adequate protein and train properly, even on a big deficit (unless perhaps you are already quite lean).
    - Don't train on a bro-split from a magazine. Unless you've been training for a year or two, you will probably do better on a full body strength program designed by an expert. You are probably not an expert.
    - Keto offers no fat loss advantage over any other caloric deficit, except perhaps for very obese, sedentary folks.
    - Eating fat does not make you fat. Low fat diets screw up your body. Adequate dietary fat is crucially important.
    - The only bad fat is trans fat. Saturated fat is fine unless you eat stupid amounts of it.
    - Protein powder is a processed convenience food and offers no advantage over protein from whole foods. Use it if you like, it's fine. Remember to count the calories in it.
    - Sugar & simple carbs are irrelevant for fat loss as long as you hit your macros within a calorie deficit.
    - You cannot, in any way, change where your body chooses to burn fat from. There is no spot reduction.
    - Eat 1 meal/day or 10, there is no measurable effect on fat loss.
    - Eating carbs before bed is irrelevant within a calorie deficit and adequate macros.
    - You do not have metabolic damage unless you've been eating starvation level calories for a very long time AND have lost a lot of weight.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pay attention to everything you eat. Have decent snacks in your pockets when you get the cravings.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lets not forget, I'm referring to an average person
    Also, think about the success rate the average person has following an unquantified approach, like paleo, portion control, eating "healthy", or worse yet, low carb, low fat, keto, etc, etc. What's the average success rate there do you think?

The average person is fat precisely because they have no quantitative control over what they eat. Their satiety mechanisms are broken from years of abuse, their perceptions of reasonable portions are hopelessly skewed by the "new normal", and they are completely confused by the endless stream of uninformed garbage from pop-culture bull**** sources regarding which foods are "healthy" or not.

I am firmly convinced that the "easiest" method of dealing with all of those obstacles is a little bit of disciple and accountability. Counting calories and macros can provide that. If a person chooses not to count calories because of their circumstances (university student, military, etc) then they need to find some other way to systematically reduce their food intake.

People can succeed with other methods, but in most cases, they'll be doing it in hard mode when they could have done it in easy mode (a $20 food scale + myfitnesspal).

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Also, think about the success rate the average person has following an unquantified approach, like paleo, portion control, eating "healthy", or worse yet, low carb, low fat, keto, etc, etc. What's the average success rate there do you think?

The average person is fat precisely because they have no quantitative control over what they eat. Their satiety mechanisms are broken from years of abuse, their perceptions of reasonable portions are hopelessly skewed by the "new normal", and they are completely confused by the endless stream of uninformed garbage from pop-culture bull**** sources regarding which foods are "healthy" or not.

I am firmly convinced that the "easiest" method of dealing with all of those obstacles is a little bit of disciple and accountability. Counting calories and macros can provide that. If a person chooses not to count calories because of their circumstances (university student, military, etc) then they need to find some other way to systematically reduce their food intake.

People can succeed with other methods, but in most cases, they'll be doing it in hard mode when they could have done it in easy mode (a $20 food scale + myfitnesspal).
    I completely agree with what you said. I guess I didn't express my question right, I suppose I was asking which method of being in a calorie deficit is easiest. I myself use MyFitnessPal and track every calorie and don't find it difficult but for some reason, the general consensus is that calorie tracking is time consuming and requires too much effort otherwise I would definitely recommend this. I'm asking because I'm looking into a fitness career targeted towards people that want to get in shape but lack the motivation to do so. I'm trying to brainstorm how I can make it easier for them so they actually take the baby steps (obviously once people see results they get more and more disciplined)... I appreciate your expertise though and it definitely helps. If you have anything else to offer in light of this new information, I am gratefully all-ears

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    For the average overweight person, there is no "easy" way to lose fat. If there were, obesity wouldn't be the epidemic it's become. It's a difficult grind for people to fundamentally change the way they've been living for however many years it took them to get to their current poor condition of body composition. Few even bother; even less succeed.

Don't know what else you expect to hear.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

the general consensus is that calorie tracking is time consuming and requires too much effort
    I think the tough news for folks is that, if quantifying their food intake is a bridge too far, then it's a lost cause already. Not because counting calories is required, but because sufficient discipline to count those calories is required.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well you know OP this is a bodybuilding forum. Easy isn't really relevant here. We all pretty much accept hard work, some even enjoy it. If you want to learn the basics of fat loss invest a few days reading the sticky topics in this forum and then read a few dozen threads a day. Then you will know more about fat loss and body re-composition than most people you know.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    I think the tough news for folks is that, if quantifying their food intake is a bridge too far, then it's a lost cause already. Not because counting calories is required, but because sufficient discipline to count those calories is required.
    Yep and it's exactly why so many of the best selling diet books out there deal with the mystical power of a food list. People are too lazy to improve themselves. So they buy books that tell them what they want to here about magical metabolic transformations or some concoction of veggies and yogurt that will blast their fat off. Pretty soon they throw up their hands and say something like "I just can't lose weight, there must be something wrong with me"

We get a lot of those people here. It's sad really as they have done some work, but often got so little in return for it. Now if they had sucked it up just a bit and put in a little more effort keeping track of what they ate?
    Last edited by EjnarKolinkar; 10-05-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm sure the basic principle of calorie deficit has been hammered into you by now. But the easiest method I found to losing weight without putting too much time and effort into it has been to eat basically the same thing every day. I count the calories of a daily meal plan and calculate it to be a certain number of calories and use that as a template for my daily meals for the duration of the cut. Many people probably find it difficult to eat the same thing day in and day out, but I don't mind it at all. Anyway, I find it to be consistent in terms of calorie counting and weight loss, 2 lb weight loss every week like clockwork and I never hit plateaus or needed to adjust calories.

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gneejack View Post
    I'm sure the basic principle of calorie deficit has been hammered into you by now. But the easiest method I found to losing weight without putting too much time and effort into it has been to eat basically the same thing every day. I count the calories of a daily meal plan and calculate it to be a certain number of calories and use that as a template for my daily meals for the duration of the cut. Many people probably find it difficult to eat the same thing day in and day out, but I don't mind it at all. Anyway, I find it to be consistent in terms of calorie counting and weight loss, 2 lb weight loss every week like clockwork and I never hit plateaus or needed to adjust calories.
    That's great while you're fresh, motivated and fired up by the results. Problem is it is not sustainable, and the relapse will be bad.

Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 3maj View Post
    That's great while you're fresh, motivated and fired up by the results. Problem is it is not sustainable, and the relapse will be bad.
    Again, it depends on the person. My cuts never last more than 3 to 4 months and I never had a difficult time with it at all. Even when I'm not cutting, I eat pretty much the same things, just a higher quantity than when I'm cutting. I also have a friend that is a raw vegan that has been basically eating the same daily diet for years. I myself can't do that, I need to eat meat. Some find doing a paleo or low carb diet easy, some don't. Some can go vegetarian as lifestyle diet, some can't. Some find intermittent fasting easy, some don't. Whether a diet plan is sustainable is relative to each individual person. You just have to find the one that works for you and that you find easy to stick with.

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do the same thing, cutting is difficult enough without having to constantly juggle around macros with different foods every day, but my cuts never last more than 8 weeks or so so it's not that difficult to eat the same thing every day.

Registered User BecomingSmaller's Avatar
    BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you don't have the discipline to count calories there are a few things you can do to improve your chances.

Eat off a small 9" plate that is at least 50% veg or salad, and at least 25% protein.

Don't eat after dinner (no grazing in front of the tv)

Cut as much sugar as possible. No sugary or energy drinks, no candy, cookies, cake, pie. Check labels for low sugar not low fat.

Cut as much alcohol as possible.

Make sensible choices with take out or eat out food.

But if someone *really* wants to lose weight they will find the discipline to monitor calories.

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Again, it depends on the person. My cuts never last more than 3 to 4 months and I never had a difficult time with it at all. Even when I'm not cutting, I eat pretty much the same things, just a higher quantity than when I'm cutting. I also have a friend that is a raw vegan that has been basically eating the same daily diet for years. I myself can't do that, I need to eat meat. Some find doing a paleo or low carb diet easy, some don't. Some can go vegetarian as lifestyle diet, some can't. Some find intermittent fasting easy, some don't. Whether a diet plan is sustainable is relative to each individual person. You just have to find the one that works for you and that you find easy to stick with.
    You are right. I got distracted and didn't think my post through properly. Of course eating the same things every day is possible and sustainable, IF that every day regimen is not overly restrictive in food choices/types.

MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MichealDaniels has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Keto has worked for me I've retained most muscle mass and lost about 60lbs in 7 months, always track your macros and you'll do fine. Oh yeah resistance training is better then cardiovascular as well .....at least for me

Thank you for the responses! Getting much more of what I was after now. A lot of you feel that without counting calories, a person is a lost cause. BecomingSmaller gave some great feedback - thanks!

Some bodybuilders complete their cut by simply removing all sugar from diet and shed their fat easily like that. I do believe there are other ways to cut fat without counting your calories.

Am I right in saying that most average people find it very difficult to eat the same meals every day?

anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000) anzuelo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Removing all sugar from your diet is not an easy thing to do. Fresh fruit and berries have fructose and dairy products have lactose.

mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mccloudlw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Am I right in saying that most average people find it very difficult to eat the same meals every day?
    I find it way easier. Pre breakfast, breakfast, lunch, and dinner # 1 are the same every day. Dinner #2 is one of five choices. Grocery shopping takes ten minutes and I prep 90% of my food Sunday afternoon. I readjust the portions some at the end of every six week cycle based on what I'm doing in training and current body composition, but it's all eggs, rice, chicken, fish, steak, milk, and vegetables.

It took some getting used to, but once you start treating food as fuel and a means to an end, it's not bad.

Eating consistently helps me train consistently, and I still have a long way to go, so I'd rather put the work in now.
    455/305/505
    @logans_lifts

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    It's a difficult grind for people to fundamentally change the way they've been living for however many years it took them to get to their current poor condition of body composition.
    ^This.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    A lot of you feel that without counting calories, a person is a lost cause.
    An obese beginner can shed some initial weight simply by eliminating a few obvious snack foods from his daily intake and getting off his butt for a 20-minute walk every day. But such simple and short-reaching measures are only effective for a very limited time. This early weight loss will rapidly plateau. The way out is to weigh/measure/track all of one's foods every day, rather than guessing at the calories/macros.

I do believe there are other ways to cut fat without counting your calories.
    "Beliefs" aren't borne out in the anecdotal evidence posted on this site almost by the minute; it's a disservice to mislead overweight posters into thinking they don't have to take much closer control of their nutrition. These people haven't been tracking their calories up to this point; that's specifically why they're in the straits they find themselves in.

How long do you think you could stick to an unchanging daily menu that lists only 3-4 different meals (like many mistaken posters in this forum propose with their chicken/brown rice/broccoli 5x a day)? The rest of your life?

Even if you were in the extreme minority of those who could do so, you'd very likely eventually suffer from some form or another of nutritional insufficiency; we're omnivores, and are designed to eat a wide variety of foods to supply the wide vitamin and mineral requirements that keep us healthy and active.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jason265 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Use to be obese. Went through a calorie counting phase. Phuck that. It's stressful (not super stressful, but eating should have zero stress, not even an amount you hardly notice). Would yoyo all the time. People on this forum don't see how bad this is because that is what they do all the time with their constant cut/bulk. It's not normal and it's not healthy. You need to find a lifestyle that allows you to be flexible with your diet without constantly yoyoing in weight. For me and for many others on this forum that finally saw the light, it is IF. It's not going to work for everyone, but's a good start. Also, try not to eat super high carb meals much. IF is flexible and allows you to do it, but it should still be in moderation.
    "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength"- Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius

�Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.� � Mark Twain

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's easy for me might be hard for you. The most important fundamental thing to do is develop consistently good eating habits that you can tolerate for the long haul. By "good eating habits" I mean keeping a reasonably accurate count of how many calories you're eating, as well as hitting macronutrient targets. I do intermittent fasting because it lets me eat until I'm full and it fits better into my work schedule anyway.

Keep in mind that it's the long-term averages that determine your success. There are no quick fixes, and it's going to take longer than you think to get as lean as you want to be.

MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Agree with pretty much everyone above.

There isn't a requirement to count calories but, honestly, it takes very little extra time to do so. I only started, 8 months ago (I think), and it seriously might add maybe 5 minutes tops to my daily eating.

Having said that, most recently, I lost something like 60lbs in 5 months just falling back on previous knowledge and using the very bro approach of "clean" eating. I didn't count a thing and I fell ass backwards into eating at a steep deficit. It was stupidly restrictive though and my wild cheat days reflected that.

If we're talking in regards to getting someone started, get a solid dose of protein in every meal, at least one serving of veg and one serving of fruit per 1000kcal, and eliminate liquid calories. You add in some weight training, walking the dog (whatever to up NEAT more than previously) and you'll be heading in the right direction.
    Heaviest: 350lbs, 45% BF

««Diehard»»
    Cincinnati Bengals | Cincinnati Reds | Ohio State Buckeyes
    ««Family Ties & Fan»»
    UTenn | WVU | Univ. Cincinnati | Cleveland Cavaliers

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." - Patton