drak91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much longer should i cut?

so ive been working out for 6 months and I'm 5'6. I started at 228 pounds and now i weigh 148. My question is how much longer should i cut before i bulk, i still feel fat and I'm sure i need to lose more weight.

Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by drak91 View Post
    so ive been working out for 6 months and I'm 5'6. I started at 228 pounds and now i weigh 148. My question is how much longer should i cut before i bulk, i still feel fat and I'm sure i need to lose more weight.
    You need to post a picture (put it on progress page of your profile) so we can give proper advice. If not, then give some measurements, but pictures are best.
    Was 280+ at the beginning of 2019 (highest recorded weight is 290 on Dec 13, 2018).

Jan 01, 2020...202.0
    Jan 08, 2020...goal is 200.5

one second I'm taking the pics now

i posted my progress pics.

Location: Land of the free, Home of the uglys, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aaron501 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

hard to tell with all the hair but maybe cut another 10lb's or so and see how you feel from there

lol yeah sorry about all the hair. but theres also a side pic too and it looks to me like i have loose skin on my belly any way to fix that? also does anyone have a guess of my bf?

JasonLNoel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol yeah sorry about all the hair. but there's also a side pic too and it looks to me like i have loose skin on my belly any way to fix that? also does anyone have a guess of my bf?
    17%
    OK friend, 1) you should not bulk ... as in gain body fat and muscle at the same time. 2) you can gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time. 3) you just have to have the right nutrition with a new training stimuli.

No reason to not keep losing bodyfat while gaining muscle.
    My GYM WORKOUTS BecomeAGreekGod.com

well i'd like to think ive gained some muscle since all my lifts have gone up. My nutrition is usually oatmeal two protein shakes tuna sandwiches no mayo, whole grain rice, black beans, and grilled chicken, stuff like that.
    Last edited by drak91; 08-28-2015 at 05:03 AM.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JasonLNoel View Post
    17%
    ) you can gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time. 3) you just have to have the right nutrition with a new training stimuli.

Oh really. Please explain how this is done besides someone just starting out with high bodyfat or someone with average composition expecting more than an EXTREMELY slow and tedious process
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Oh really. Please explain how this is done besides someone just starting out with high bodyfat or someone with average composition expecting more than an EXTREMELY slow and tedious process
    yeah i agree with you i think i only made gains because i was a noob to be honest. If anything im trying to hold on to what i have until its time to bulk.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's so hard to tell with all that hair. I'll bet you 5 bucks that if you shaved you'd probably weigh 5 lbs less.

Anyway, how have you been training this whole time? What has your lifting been like? You lost a lot of weight and in that time with proper training, body composition could have changed dramatically but I'm not sure I see it.

Originally Posted by JasonLNoel View Post
    17%
    OK friend, 1) you should not bulk ... as in gain body fat and muscle at the same time. 2) you can gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time. 3) you just have to have the right nutrition with a new training stimuli.

OP, the advice for above is not the thought process you should follow.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    It's so hard to tell with all that hair. I'll bet you 5 bucks that if you shaved you'd probably weigh 5 lbs less.

Anyway, how have you been training this whole time? What has your lifting been like? You lost a lot of weight and in that time with proper training, body composition could have changed dramatically but I'm not sure I see it.

Monday - chest flat bench, incline, and ill do flys. all of my workouts are 3x10 my bench started at 135 and is 210 now
    Tuesday - bicep and tris curls with that rope, preacher curls, concentration, hammer curls, some i don't remember the name of.
    Wednesday - shoulders but pretty much its usually 5 workouts and 3x10
    Thursday - chest and back
    Friday - legs
    Saturday - bicep and tricep

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    well i'd like to think ive gained some muscle since all my lifts have gone up. My nutrition is usually oatmeal two protein shakes tuna sandwiches no mayo, whole grain rice, black beans, and grilled chicken, stuff like that.
    Gaining strength does not necessarily mean gaining muscle. Generally it's your central nervous system adapting to the workload. You've made great progress with your fatloss now just stick it out a little longer. Get down to 12% and never let yourself get over 15 again. So get to 12, eat slightly over your maintenance and when you get to 15 diet back down to 12 and keep repeating. The most important thing is to be lifting properly when in a calorie surplus otherwise the extra cals will add too much fat and you'll be back to 15% with little or no muscle gain.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Monday - chest flat bench, incline, and ill do flys. all of my workouts are 3x10 my bench started at 135 and is 210 now
    Tuesday - bicep and tris curls with that rope, preacher curls, concentration, hammer curls, some i don't remember the name of.
    Wednesday - shoulders but pretty much its usually 5 workouts and 3x10
    Thursday - chest and back
    Friday - legs
    Saturday - bicep and tricep
    Yeah, that's not very good programming. The best thing you can do now is dump that routine and pick up a real routine. Check out it work outs section.

i wasn't flexing in the pics either i was trying to be as loose as possible in the normal pic. But here you can see my tricep coming in, later ill get some back pics and biceps pics
    Attached Images

Yeah, that's not very good programming. The best thing you can do now is dump that routine and pick up a real routine. Check out it work outs section.
    lol thats funny my routine is from this site and my friend does the same stuff just higher volume and it worked out great for him. Plus im taking it easy for now because im Pretty worn out for half a year of working out. Once its time to bulk im gonna start a high volume workout probably something like chris jone's routines.

Gaining strength does not necessarily mean gaining muscle. Generally it's your central nervous system adapting to the workload. You've made great progress with your fatloss now just stick it out a little longer. Get down to 12% and never let yourself get over 15 again. So get to 12, eat slightly over your maintenance and when you get to 15 diet back down to 12 and keep repeating. The most important thing is to be lifting properly when in a calorie surplus otherwise the extra cals will add too much fat and you'll be back to 15% with little or no muscle gain.
    That was actually my plan but im not sure if i have the patience for 12 but im thinking maybe 14 or 13. And then next cut get lower since i won't have to cut for 7 months.

Lmao! yeah i kinda felt like that was bad advice plus it would be nice to just have a break from a strict diet and go back to maintenance.

That was actually my plan but im not sure if i have the patience for 12 but im thinking maybe 14 or 13. And then next cut get lower since i won't have to cut for 7 months.
    I don't blame you. Dieting for as long as you have you're chomping at the bit to add some muscle. Do whatever you feel will benefit you. Just remember you'll add more fat when adding muscle, there just isn't any way around it. The trick is to add as little fat as possible.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

I don't blame you. Dieting for as long as you have you're chomping at the bit to add some muscle. Do whatever you feel will benefit you. Just remember you'll add more fat when adding muscle, there just isn't any way around it. The trick is to add as little fat as possible.
    Thanks for the advice im gonna try to clean bulk once im done cutting maybe do 300 calories over maintenance. When i did workout at maintenance i had a lot more energy and i felt progress but now i find myself having problems with energy or i guess motivation since my lifts are pretty much not moving up. Do you think 300 over maintenance would be a good amount?

lol thats funny my routine is from this site and my friend does the same stuff just higher volume and it worked out great for him. Plus im taking it easy for now because im Pretty worn out for half a year of working out. Once its time to bulk im gonna start a high volume workout probably something like chris jone's routines.
    That's one of the big negatives about the site, the workouts they put at the top of the page or that they promote. They're really not that good.

This place here is pretty good though: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

That's one of the big negatives about the site, the workouts they put at the top of the page or that they promote. They're really not that good.

This place here is pretty good though:
    Thanks for that ill look into some new workouts, i am getting kinda tired of the one im doing now anyways. Oh i didn't mean to come off rude im very open to suggestions i am a beginner and i do appreciate all the advice you guys provide.

bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboigrant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aaron501 View Post

hard to tell with all the hair but maybe cut another 10lb's or so and see how you feel from there
    You look good bro. Now I would continue cutting for just a month or so then do super slow bulk. Now I know its frowned upon but shave your body hair just to see what you look like. I know its ****ty but try it.

Great job tho
    squats == 315
    bench == 235
    dead lift == 345

Sober Crew