Fit2885 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Trouble with muscle gain

Hi,

I'm going to keep myself n/a. I'm a female and I weigh 96.8 pounds.I'm 5'1. I want to gain muscle, but still keep the low body fat. I'm frustrated. What do I do? I already eat really healthy. I don't skip meals. I am lifting weights.I also do cardio too. But not everyday. Just twice a week. Please help.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like you're falling into typical dietary misconceptions regarding how to be successful in your development.

"Clean eating" & meal frequency will not develop muscle.
    Eating at a caloric surplus & meeting macronutrient sufficiency, while partnering it with an established training program, for a sustained period of time, will be the key to the results you seek.

Start by reading this thread to assist you in voiding yourself of common dietary misconceptions ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

then...

Read this thread & do the calculations to determine your baseline TDEE & MACRO requirements ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Add 10-20% of your TDEE to your intake to put you at a surplus.
    Maintain for 2-3 weeks and then begin monitoring weekly/bi-weekly weight changes.

As a female, you'll likely want to target NO MORE THAN .5lb/week average rate of gain.

Adjust calorie intake until you're consistently falling in this range ^^^
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Fit2885 View Post
    Hi,

I'm going to keep myself n/a. I'm a female and I weigh 96.8 pounds.I'm 5'1. I want to gain muscle, but still keep the low body fat. I'm frustrated. What do I do? I already eat really healthy. I don't skip meals. I am lifting weights.I also do cardio too. But not everyday. Just twice a week. Please help.
    You need to eat more.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ktraybae is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi,

You need more calories and protein. One of the hardest things for me to do was to allow my trainer (my husband) to get me to eat more. What i found was that we didn't add a bunch of adipose tissue, but in fact added lean tissue. I started taking in about 300 more calories a day, as well as keeping cardio 3-4x a week. It's not about eating "healthy" it's about giving your body the proper nutrients (both macro and micro) to grow. I know a lot of girls that think they're eating healthy but in reality are starving themselves of vital nutrients, again both macro and/or micro.
    Past: D1 Track Star
    Currently: Grad Student/Head Coach/Teacher/Sloot

Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165200161

Trouble building muscle

So I shouldn't eat clean. I thought eating junk most of the time isn't the way to go. I'm confused.

BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So I shouldn't eat clean. I thought eating junk most of the time isn't the way to go. I'm confused.
    Perhaps the confusion is that none of the excellent responses you've received in posts 2-4 said anything about eating junk most of the time.

This doesn't either, but may be helpful: "The Dirt on Clean Eating" http://wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutri...-clean-eating/
    Last edited by BeauFlexington; 12-18-2014 at 02:03 PM.

goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10) goldengraemes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You really need to take the time to read the responses.
    For any newbie gains come from knowledge!

Trouble gaining muscle

Ok thank you

Re: trouble gaining muscle

Thank you