notgaining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mass Gainer or Whey Protein?

Well its more of me not really knowing what to do, I've been going to the gym for a while now also been on mass gainer. I'm a skinny guy for my age and find it hard to put on mass/weight. I want more muscle rather than fat. I was just wondering what one I should take? . Its worked quiet a bit but not fully, that being cause i am really poor on my eating, I don't eat regularly as I should. I'm 19 years old around 53kg and 150 - 160cm (haven't really measured recently). I was thinking about going onto just protein rather then mass gainer again, but I also don't keep up with my eating which isn't really good. I was wondering what advice I could get on what to do?

Thanks.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    read the nutrition forum stickies

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

sort your diet out before you start throwing supplements down your neck. they're not a fix-all.
    Strong & Unstable

Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhettribution is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by notgaining View Post
    Well its more of me not really knowing what to do, I've been going to the gym for a while now also been on mass gainer. I'm a skinny guy for my age and find it hard to put on mass/weight. I want more muscle rather than fat. I was just wondering what one I should take? . Its worked quiet a bit but not fully, that being cause i am really poor on my eating, I don't eat regularly as I should. I'm 19 years old around 53kg and 150 - 160cm (haven't really measured recently). I was thinking about going onto just protein rather then mass gainer again, but I also don't keep up with my eating which isn't really good. I was wondering what advice I could get on what to do?

Thanks.
    I buy whey protein and blend it with stuff like milk, peanut butter, egg whites, oats, olive oil, avocado, bananas etc. It tastes better, it's cheaper and it's also better for your health
    R.I.P Guru

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I definitely suggest you start calculating your TDEE (total calories you should consume each day to maintain weight) and ensure that you are in a caloric surplus to gain weight. In terms of gainer vs whey, if you can I definitely suggest you op for a normal protein powder and mix in higher calorie items like nut butters, oils, oats, banana, whole milk etc. It will allow you to customize it to your macros and tastes on a daily basis.
    Official MuscleTech Representative

Anarchy Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    #Shatter SX-7 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
    Creactor Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Platinum Multivitamin Buy 1 Get 1 Free
    Hydroxycut SX-7 Non- Stim Buy 2 Get 1 Free

RIP Dewey99

My protein recipe website - www.bakewithprotein.com

okay, i might go with just whey protein and add things to it to bump up the cals.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post

sort your diet out before you start throwing supplements down your neck. they're not a fix-all.
    Originally Posted by Rhettribution View Post
    I buy whey protein and blend it with stuff like milk, peanut butter, egg whites, oats, olive oil, avocado, bananas etc. It tastes better, it's cheaper and it's also better for your health
    agree 100% buy your own generic whey
    BioX, Scivation, Pronom, Cellucor, PES, XF and add your own things.

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000) LittlleJay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just get a general protein powder for post workout and to help you up your daily protein intake (try to get to 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight) and just get the rest of your calories from food.It's cheaper and better for you.

Hope this helps
    BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE...
    BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL!!!

Is Sly in Training little rambo's Avatar
    little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ To the links provided a few post up. Use those resources in combination with the nutrition section on these forums and you'll be able to find out the information you need.

You stated in your original post a few times that you are not sure about your eating...use these links to educate yourself and to help build upon some solid training sessions!!

Best of luck!
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    agree 100% buy your own generic whey
    BioX, Scivation, Pronom, Cellucor, PES, XF and add your own things.

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.
    All you need man. Just remember, gotta eat to grow. All powders are is a convenient way to get calories in. I prefer whole foods, but I know people are in situations where they have to rely on powders more than other.. gotta do what you gotta do to feed them muscles.

Im considering getting a bag of ON Serious Mass, but possibly not until i sort out my eating.But while I do that ill keep constant with the gym until im at a point were my eating is good, what you guys think?

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    did you read anything that was posted above?

don't consider any weight gainers until your nutrition is sorted. even then, i'd still reconsider.
    Strong & Unstable

yeah thats what i ment, ive gone over the stickys and everything a few times, looking at it currently trying to calculate my calories/day etc.

Going a step further! starseller's Avatar
    starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go for whey and put banana/oatmeals/fruits/oils into the mix for a « cheap costing » weight gainer, and way more healthy alternative!
    Current journal: http://bbcom.me/1lXLKDv
    SPONSORED LOG BEAST PRODUCTS: http://bbcom.me/XLSn2H
    SPONSORED LOG BLUESTAR BLADE: http://bbcom.me/1ylSuDf
    SPONSORED LOG MAGNUM OPUS: http://bbcom.me/XLTxew

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thanks.
    Think of both as powdered food. To gain weight you need to be in a caloric surplus daily. To minimize fat, a daily surplus of 300-500 calories is smart. As already mentioned, figure out how to track your TDEE. I would always opt for a whey over a gainer and add things like peanut butter, oats, and fruit. You can adjust the macros to your liking better.

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The key to gaining weight is eating enough calories. Liquid nutrition(like a gainer) makes it easier to get those calories in. If I were you, I would make a home made gainer : oats, PB, milk, whey protein, banana, heck even add ice
    Cream if you want. Drink that twice a day and you'll start to gain weight. That's what I have all my clients do who want to gain weight
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah thats what i ment, ive gone over the stickys and everything a few times, looking at it currently trying to calculate my calories/day etc.
    add 2 bagels with peanut butter, banana's. and honey and wash down with a tall glass of milk
    Will get you rolling.

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thanks.

I would try to eat as many calories as you can and if you have to resort to shakes I would just buy Whey protein powder and make your own mass gainer with that by adding whole food ingredients

supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not huge on gainers really. Usually have to take a ton and they get pricey.

If you want to add calories I usually throw in oats and peanut butter. Maybe a banana

I think 2 scoops of whey, banana, glob of peanut butter and whole milk. It's like 1200 cals
    275 Raw
    677/507/728
    1912 total
    Ranked 16nd nationally

Youtube: Mazzaiii
    Insta: nutellastrong
    ********: John Mazza III