TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

NPC vs IFBB standards

How do the judging criteria differ from NPC and IFBB shows? From my poverty understanding it seems like IFBB wants bigger guys whereas in the NPC you'll be penalized for being IFBB size.

Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dawlphinracer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    NPC = College level sports
    IFBB = Pro level sports

I think that would be the best analogy

Edit: Didn't even real the question properly.

I have heard as well you will get penalized for being too big at a NPC MP show. Conditioning means less, stage presence means more?
    Last edited by Dawlphinracer; 07-15-2014 at 01:20 PM.

B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not sure what the difference between these 2 would be for MPD. Obviously MPD/WPD have a "threshold" on how big they can get. Like an NPC bodybuilder turns pro, chances are he still needs to put on 20+lbs of muscle to be competitive. A MPD guy turns pro he can probably be competitive right away
    Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113026551

"If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view"

TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    I'm not sure what the difference between these 2 would be for MPD. Obviously MPD/WPD have a "threshold" on how big they can get. Like an NPC bodybuilder turns pro, chances are he still needs to put on 20+lbs of muscle to be competitive. A MPD guy turns pro he can probably be competitive right away
    Originally Posted by Dawlphinracer View Post
    NPC = College level sports
    IFBB = Pro level sports
    I think that would be the best analogy
    I see. So it makes sense that NPC guys can be a little smaller. I wanted to do an NPC physique show and a female BB competitor at my gym told me I was too big for physique and I should do BB. I was like wot?????

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TooAnabolic View Post
    How do the judging criteria differ from NPC and IFBB shows? From my poverty understanding it seems like IFBB wants bigger guys whereas in the NPC you'll be penalized for being IFBB size.
    Thats true. its really stupid. For example, if Nicole Wilkins (IFBB Figure Olympia Winner) were to compete in the NPC Nationals, she'd be marked down for being too lean and muscular.
    ...imnoting

jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwl685 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, how does one know if they are too big for MP? Are there any arm, chest, shoulder, waist measuremnts to use as guide?

Just for example, judging by my profile picture would i be considered too big for NPC MP? I don't know....

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jwl685 View Post
    So, how does one know if they are too big for MP? Are there any arm, chest, shoulder, waist measuremnts to use as guide?

Just for example, judging by my profile picture would i be considered too big for NPC MP? I don't know....
    LOL. depends on wat the judges had for breakfast that morning.
    ...imnoting

hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From what i noticed it does seem almost a size thing. But not in every case. For women you can be too big for say bikini and lose points cause you should be in a diff catagory like figure. I think when you can keep winning local shows then its time to go to the nationals and try for your pro card. That proves your on the next level.
    Ive spoken to some judges and what they say is they get an imagine in there head on what the top of the catagory should look like. What they want the best to look like and judge off who looks most like that. They know this is the imagine that most people will strive for because it becomes the benchmark. But that dont mean just cause there looking for something who's comming in real hard in the show and win. That thats what they will want next time.
    ps this doesn't apply to mens bodybuilding but the other catagorys it seems to.

acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think I can shed some light here using my personal experience. I started competing in June of this year. I did 4 shows in 3 1/2 months, slowly stepping up the level of competition. I ultimately earned my Pro Card in August at the IFBB North American Championships. I first did a "local" show (small, but it was a National Qualifier), and then proceeded to a "regional" level show, followed by a "state" level show (Florida State Championships), and finally the North Americans. At all 3 of my first shows, the feedback I received is that I was "too much". Too big, and to cut/vascular. They literally told me I would do better at a National Level show. I took two 2nd place trophies (both times lost to guys who were smaller than me and equal or less conditioned), and one 1st place at those first 3 shows. I then competed in the North Americans where all the guys were my size. I won my class there and now plan to add another 10-15 lbs. of lean muscle to be competitive professionally in the IFBB next year.
    IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Cellucor
    Supporting my fitness and competition goals
    Follow Me!
    Instagram: TonyCandales
    www.********.com/tony.candales
    www.twitter.com/GiftedGenetics (Tony Candales @GiftedGenetics)
    YouTube channel - www.youtube.com/channel/UCMh7llZGWhRtRxrWaW0f7Jw

IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No offense but this topic is soo old.