Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haplo21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no good reason for anyone to drink soda. Ever. Seriously.

Drink water, dude. Soda is awful for you.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Haplo21 View Post

This is true for just about everything in life.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Location: Crystal palace, London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    182lbs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink loads of energy drinks to and I got a 6pack. It can be done. but ofocurse keep the protein high still lol.

tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can't believe this thread got this far on a body building site. Soda is pitiful for you. Besides the obvious empty calories, large amounts of simple sugar causes spikes in blood sugar and insulin, this can lead to insulin resistance and excess inflammation, which can increase your risk of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cancer.

Plus don't think just because you work it into your macros that your build won't suffer. The spike in insulin can cause you to store fat at a greater rate.

In general, from a health perspective, it's garbage.

ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tkdnj View Post
    I can't believe this thread got this far on a body building site. Soda is pitiful for you. Besides the obvious empty calories, large amounts of simple sugar causes spikes in blood sugar and insulin, this can lead to insulin resistance and excess inflammation, which can increase your risk of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cancer.

Plus don't think just because you work it into your macros that your build won't suffer. The spike in insulin can cause you to store fat at a greater rate.

Basically he wont have as good of results without it and replacing calories with good foods, but he can still cut and drink soda..

PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrivateFreedom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is my biggest issue/problem...cutting out the junk and eating clean! More often than not, it's a matter of will power!

Best wishes, Private Freedom
    "They have given so much...for our freedom, our liberty, our very way of life in this great country. This is my way of giving some back."

---Private Freedom

Location: corfe mullen, dorest, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50) thewhaleshark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bradandblake View Post
    10% of your calories is soda. There is your answer.

^This.

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet coke crew checking in.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Soft drinks have ZERO redeeming qualities. Drink Water. I don't drink anything but water. No alcohol for the last 6 months (Beer lowers your Testosterone levels... anything made with Hops does.) and these days I am ALL about the Testosterone... I'm going to be 46 in a few weeks, so I decided it was time I started acting like a man instead of an overgrown adolescent. What purpose does drinking soft drinks serve? The carbonation is bad for your bones, the sugar is bad for everything, who knows what half the other stuff in it does to you?!?!

Just drink water. Your body will thank you for it.
    Last edited by Tiny Tim; 06-15-2014 at 01:18 AM.
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    and i do?
    Track it. Track your intake with the soda, and then track it without.

I created an eating schedule, and it made a major difference. I could NOT get under 300lbs for ever. I dropped over 120 lbs in the summer of 2006 (started at a whopping 420lbs!!), then it slowly started creeping back up. Ever since 2009 - I have not been able to get under 300lbs. I was stuck in the 310-340lbs range and constantly Yoyo'ed back and forth between the two numbers.

I cut out soft drinks and coffee (I used Equal and Half & half in it) and within 2 weeks I was 10 lbs. Under 300 lbs!!

Admittedly, I've never been a big sweets person. Forget cake, I'd rather have pie - a PIZZA PIE. LOL

So these days, if I don't NEED it, it isn't in the diet. I'm staying away from "Frankenfoods". If it isn't really FOOD, I'm not eating it.

Tim
    Last edited by Tiny Tim; 06-15-2014 at 01:21 AM.
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

What he said...just because it is worth reading again.

Like Mike Spitzer said on page one, once you stop drinking soda for a while you won't even have a desire for it anymore. All I drink is a cup of black coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. Whenever I get a thirst now, nothing makes my mouth water like the thought of a cool glass of H2O. Anything sweet (besides a chocolate protein shake) doesn't even sound refreshing or delicious anymore....and soda tastes like perfume!

I cut ALL sugar (and sugar substitutes) and white flour out of my diet (except for the unavoidable gram here and there) and it was the key to getting in great shape...then I got lazy for a while (on diet, not workouts) and I watched all my cuts disappear in a fraction of the time it took to get them. I'm back on track, but getting rid of a layer of fat (even a thin one) produced by sugar is a bitch to get rid of.

It's really a very small sacrifice compared to how much better you feel and look.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    What he said...just because it is worth reading again.

Like Mike Spitzer said on page one, once you stop drinking soda for a while you won't even have a desire for it anymore. All I drink is a cup of black coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. Whenever I get a thirst now, nothing makes my mouth water like the thought of a cool glass of H2O. Anything sweet (besides a chocolate protein shake) doesn't even sound refreshing or delicious anymore....and soda tastes like perfume!

I cut ALL sugar (and sugar substitutes) and white flour out of my diet (except for the unavoidable gram here and there) and it was the key to getting in great shape...then I got lazy for a while (on diet, not workouts) and I watched all my cuts disappear in a fraction of the time it took to get them. I'm back on track, but getting rid of a layer of fat (even a thin one) produced by sugar is a bitch to get rid of.

It's really a very small sacrifice compared to how much better you feel and look.
    Originally Posted by Tiny Tim View Post
    Track it. Track your intake with the soda, and then track it without.

I created an eating schedule, and it made a major difference. I could NOT get under 300lbs for ever. I dropped over 120 lbs in the summer of 2006 (started at a whopping 420lbs!!), then it slowly started creeping back up. Ever since 2009 - I have not been able to get under 300lbs. I was stuck in the 310-340lbs range and constantly Yoyo'ed back and forth between the two numbers.

I cut out soft drinks and coffee (I used Equal and Half & half in it) and within 2 weeks I was 10 lbs. Under 300 lbs!!

Admittedly, I've never been a big sweets person. Forget cake, I'd rather have pie - a PIZZA PIE. LOL

So these days, if I don't NEED it, it isn't in the diet. I'm staying away from "Frankenfoods". If it isn't really FOOD, I'm not eating it.

Tim
    Originally Posted by Tiny Tim View Post
    Soft drinks have ZERO redeeming qualities. Drink Water. I don't drink anything but water. No alcohol for the last 6 months (Beer lowers your Testosterone levels... anything made with Hops does.) and these days I am ALL about the Testosterone... I'm going to be 46 in a few weeks, so I decided it was time I started acting like a man instead of an overgrown adolescent. What purpose does drinking soft drinks serve? The carbonation is bad for your bones, the sugar is bad for everything, who knows what half the other stuff in it does to you?!?!

Just drink water. Your body will thank you for it.
    Originally Posted by PrivateFreedom View Post
    This is my biggest issue/problem...cutting out the junk and eating clean! More often than not, it's a matter of will power!

Best wishes, Private Freedom
    Originally Posted by ahawk01 View Post
    Basically he wont have as good of results without it and replacing calories with good foods, but he can still cut and drink soda..

Originally Posted by hmmmm16417 View Post
    if you can stand it, at least drink a diet soda.....although some will argue that it is worse for you.

unsweetened tea is where I usually turn but if I really want some carbonation, I drink flavored seltzer water.
    Originally Posted by Mike Spitzer View Post
    the quick and simple answer is .......... Scrap the Soda, it is nothing but a concentrated source of simple sugars that will get in the way and offer no benefits to your goals.

And trust me - once you kick the habit, you will never want a soda again.
    After 60 days or so with no soda, it will taste like nasty chemical crap if you try one again.
    Originally Posted by nexgensupps View Post
    Empty calories...but admitedly I do have one from time to time ... Yes they are bad for you... specially if you are not drinking enough water.
    Originally Posted by tomnationwide View Post
    There is nothing good about Sodas. I stopped drinking them 2 years ago and never turned back. Occasionally when I feel the need for caffeine I chug a Mountain Dew, but I've also stopped doing that.

Do away with them and make better choices. Have water or tea with everything for awhile, even at restaurants, and track it. It's crazy how may calories one drink has.
    Originally Posted by chokwow View Post
    I think you'd be surprised at the improvements that would come with substituting that can and a half of soda with something else without all the high fructose corn syrup/sugar. Un-sweetened iced tea is what I switched to and it's fantastic. No calories, tastes good, and has other antioxidant benefits depending on the type and quality of the tea. After you're off the soda for a while, it won't even be appealing to you anymore. Good luck!
    Quoted for humor.

OP, this is the sort of food paranoia that you need to avoid.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    IMO, if your cals are tight otherwise, and you enjoy it, it won't hurt you. I see guys on here all the time talking about how much alcohol they drink. A can of soda is not going to make or break you in the long run. Brush your teeth and drink a lot of water. JMO.
    Quoted for common sense.

For the life of me, I can't understand demonizing HFCS, and then these same people consume artificial foods (diet foods) and supplements. Neither of which would be remotely considered heathy if you followed the same logic for avoiding soda.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Adding or eliminating one food item from your daily intake isn't what your focus should be on, but rather your overall calorie and macro intake for the day based on your specific requirements to meet whatever goal you might have.

Don't get hung up with thinking that banishing various foods only because of their names is the path to good bodybuilding nutrition. Instead, do some reading here, and get yourself up to speed on nutrition basics:

*Emma-Leigh's Nutrition for noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

*Emma Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183
    Quoted for truth.

It is your diet overall that will determine your progress.

Are you meeting your minimum macro requirements?
    Are you meeting your micro requirements?
    Are you seeing progress on the bar and in the mirror?
    Are you doing this eating and drinking the foods you enjoy?

If the answer is yes, then keep doing what you are doing.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Quoted for humor.

OP, this is the sort of food paranoia that you need to avoid.

Quoted for common sense.

For the life of me, I can't understand demonizing HFCS, and then these same people consume artificial foods (diet foods) and supplements. Neither of which would be remotely considered heathy if you followed the same logic for avoiding soda.

Quoted for truth.

It is your diet overall that will determine your progress.

Are you meeting your minimum macro requirements?
    Are you meeting your micro requirements?
    Are you seeing progress on the bar and in the mirror?
    Are you doing this eating and drinking the foods you enjoy?

If the answer is yes, then keep doing what you are doing.
    Thanks for the quote, Jeff. Maybe the second time around, somebody will get a clue, quit worrying about inconsequential **** like drinking a can of soda, and start paying attention to what will actually make a significant difference in their progress.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Thanks for the quote, Jeff. Maybe the second time around, somebody will get a clue, quit worrying about inconsequential **** like drinking a can of soda, and start paying attention to what will actually make a significant difference in their progress.
    Not gonna happen, for 2 main reasons.

1) people like to think they are more advanced than they are and need to be OCD about the minutiae to make improvements instead of making progress from doing simple basic stuff.
    2) if success or failure is down to tiny little details, they have a built in excuse they can blame when they don't see results i.e. it's not their fault.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    Not gonna happen, for 2 main reasons.

1) people like to think they are more advanced than they are and need to be OCD about the minutiae to make improvements instead of making progress from doing simple basic stuff.
    2) if success or failure is down to tiny little details, they have a built in excuse they can blame when they don't see results i.e. it's not their fault.

I think I said that in my first post. Are sugary drinks good for you no.. but stressing out about one soda isn't going to make or brake a diet.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are sugary drinks good for you no...
    Prove it.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Soda is from the Devil

^^^^True story

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I dunno , they are an important part of rum and cokes.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, my serious advice to op is this . Switch from cans to plastic bottles. That way you csn re seal the half of the pop you do not drink. The cans usually go flat after opened. Hope this helps..

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Quoted for humor.

Quoted for truth.
    By all means! Discount all the sound advice from people backed by personal experience, research, and tons of medical and nutritional documentation. Then praise the guy who gives (at best) mediocre nutritional advice like he's preaching common sense at every chance and looks as if he's never been below 25% body fat in his life.

If you count your macros why not eliminate one of the worst (and most useless) things in your diet? Do you NEED to cut out soda, or sugar...well, no...you don't HAVE to do anything, but I think you already KNOW soda has no good qualities or I don't think you be asking and searching for some positive reinforcement?

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JediRN View Post
    Diet coke crew checking in.
    In on this crew. I don't get all the diet soda hate. I'd be more concerned about all the noxious chemicals in the air and pesticide / herbicide / hormone residue in my food and water than I would about tiny amounts of artificial sweeteners and some extra sodium.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I crush a lot of diet soda and ultra zero monsters
    And am the leanest I've ever been
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

By all means! Discount all the sound advice from people backed by personal experience, research, and tons of medical and nutritional documentation.
    Will do. I trust my sources just fine thank you.

Then praise the guy who gives (at best) mediocre nutritional advice like he's preaching common sense at every chance and looks as if he's never been below 25% body fat in his life.
    Let's try not to be a complete a**hole.... shall we?

If you count your macros why not eliminate one of the worst (and most useless) things in your diet? Do you NEED to cut out soda, or sugar...well, no...you don't HAVE to do anything
    LOL Why? I get my protien... more protein won't help. I get my fats... more fats wont help. I meet my micros, more vitamins won't help. If I am meeting all of my dietary requirements, why would I remove something that isn't detrimental and something that I enjoy?

but I think you already KNOW soda has no good qualities or I don't think you be asking and searching for some positive reinforcement?
    Dafuq? It's sugar, a simple carb, 4 calories per gram...

Good luck living in a bubble where only supplemental protein, vitamins and fiber exists, and the thought of vegetables and juice sends you screaming for the sh*tter.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162264561
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 06-15-2014 at 08:47 PM.

mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikenorwood961 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're gonna drink sugary soda, do it post workout and with creatine. Apparently creatine is better absorbed during an insulin spike, so people take it with grapefruit juice - soda will have a similar effect. Plus mixing in the creatine will make your sofa flat and taste like garbage, so it will be easier to quit.

And fyi, artificial sweetener in soda is... amino acids! Aspartame is a methyl ester of the dipeptide of the natural amino acids L-aspartic acid and L-phenylalanine. Asparic acid is a very common amino acid (originally discovered in asparagus) and phenylalanine is found in plants and breastmilk among other places.

Phenylketonuria is a condition where people can't process phenylalanine, people with that condition should avoid diet soda. People with certain disorders (sleep disorder, anxiety disorder, tardive dyskinesia) or who are taking certain medications should avoid phenylalanine and thus should avoid aspartame. Aspartame has got a bad rep but there is no evidence that aspartame is unsafe for most of the population. You might as well say milk, fish and nuts bad because some people have allergies to them.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mikenorwood961 View Post
    You might as well say milk, fish and nuts bad because some people have allergies to them.
    You heard it here first. Milk is a deadly killer!
    May 3 - 183 ; May 10 - 181; May 17 - 181; May 24 - 181; May 30 - 178.5 ; Jun 7 - 176.5; Jun 14 - 174.5; Jun 20 - 173;
    Jun 28 - 172.5; July 5th - 171; July 12th - 171; July 19 - 170;

Prove it.

The Health Consequences of Drinking Soda and Other Sugar-Sweetened Beverages
    www.KicktheCan.info
    PAGE 2
    Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption increases the risk for both diabetes and heart disease.
    Compared to non-drinkers, individuals who drink 1–2 sugar-sweetened beverages per day have a 26% higher
    risk for developing type 2 diabetes and a 20% higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
    Women who
    drink more than 2 servings daily have a 35% higher risk of heart disease.
    High levels of fat in the blood, liver,
    and abdominal region, which increase one’s risk for heart disease and diabetes, can develop after very short
    periods of high sugar-sweetened beverage consumption. After only 2 weeks, young men and women who drink
    cans of soda daily show a 20% increase in levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
    After 6
    months, men and women consuming 3 sodas daily display increased cholesterol, visceral fat, and fatty liver.
    Sugar-sweetened beverages damage teeth.
    Soda consumption nearly doubles the risk of dental
    caries in children,
    and increases the likelihood of cavities in adults.
    The acid in soda and other sugar-
    sweetened beverages causes erosion of tooth enamel, often after just one sip, and the sugar in these
    beverages provide fuel for bacteria that cause tooth decay.
    Diet Beverages.
    Although diet beverages can provide calorie savings if substituted for high-calorie
    sw
    eetened beverages,
    t
    hey are not recommended because they often have high acid content that can
    harm teeth
    and there is some evidence that their sweet taste can stimulate overeating.
    29, 30
    For children,
    they displace milk and other healthier options.

The Health Consequences of Drinking Soda and Other Sugar-Sweetened Beverages
    www.KicktheCan.info
    PAGE 2
    Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption increases the risk for both diabetes and heart disease.
    Compared to non-drinkers, individuals who drink 1–2 sugar-sweetened beverages per day have a 26% higher
    risk for developing type 2 diabetes and a 20% higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
    Women who
    drink more than 2 servings daily have a 35% higher risk of heart disease.
    High levels of fat in the blood, liver,
    and abdominal region, which increase one’s risk for heart disease and diabetes, can develop after very short
    periods of high sugar-sweetened beverage consumption. After only 2 weeks, young men and women who drink
    cans of soda daily show a 20% increase in levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
    After 6
    months, men and women consuming 3 sodas daily display increased cholesterol, visceral fat, and fatty liver.
    Sugar-sweetened beverages damage teeth.
    Soda consumption nearly doubles the risk of dental
    caries in children,
    and increases the likelihood of cavities in adults.
    The acid in soda and other sugar-
    sweetened beverages causes erosion of tooth enamel, often after just one sip, and the sugar in these
    beverages provide fuel for bacteria that cause tooth decay.
    Diet Beverages.
    Although diet beverages can provide calorie savings if substituted for high-calorie
    sw
    eetened beverages,
    t
    hey are not recommended because they often have high acid content that can
    harm teeth
    and there is some evidence that their sweet taste can stimulate overeating.
    29, 30
    For children,
    they displace milk and other healthier options.
    This means absolutely nothing. Your source is a website dedicated to demonizing soda. I tried looking for the info you posted on that website, but it was a mess. Could you actually post the studies instead of some random websites interpretation of them?

and that copy paste is atrocious to read.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh look. Here is a link proving that the moon is made out of cheese.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/I...e_of_cheese%3F

Ain't the Interwebz just great?
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    soda has no good qualities ?
    Some soda tastes good.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am 3 weeks plus into quitting diet pop/soda (diet pepsi) cold turkey.
    It was my last BAD habit, since I started eating better years ago.

I'd hazard a guess and say I'd have consumed 2 litres per day, at least.
    I'd probably be more horrified at the actual number.

Yeah it was empty calories, yet your body and kidneys still have to process all the chemicals.

I suppose one can +/- a day is not a big deal, but for me it was way more than that.

I have replaced the diet pop/soda with water. Most times I'll add 1/4 of a crystal light pouch, Gatorade crystals or flavouring.
    Not perfect, but I am only putting in enough to give the water a slight taste. Plain water makes my stomach acidy.

Yes I actually do feel better.
    The other thing, is when one goes to buy a soda/pop one often buys something else Saves money, reduces the impulse to buy something else.

Cheers
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain