skinnylizard29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Question just for experienced bodybuilders!! please read it!! write your opinion!!!

Hello guys,

I am a 29 years old male. My stats are 6’2 ft. and 160 lbs. with a 25% body fat. Here is a brief background:

Ever since I was a little boy, I have not done anything related with physical activity like running, basketball or baseball. Also, I have never lifted weights in my whole life, done cardio or even step my feet on a gym. I have tried but I could not perform a single push-up, sit-up, or just one pull-up. In other words, my fitness condition as well as endurance really sucks. I am utterly and completely out of shape. I am terrible at physical activities.
    I admit and know that I have had an utter and complete sedentary lifestyle since I was a little kid. I am a couch potato sitting in front of my laptop, just eating and wasting my time eating junk food. I usually eat at fast food restaurants such as McDonald’s, Kentucky fried chicken, pizza hut, burritos, tacos etc.

At home, I eat pancakes for breakfast almost every day. In addition I have a bloated stomach with a beer belly because I drink coke and Pepsi everyday twice a day. Finally, I am skinny, weak and with a big beer belly stomach.

How can I switch from an unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle into a fit, active and healthy one? I am willing to start over from scratch.

I have got three questions:

1. Is it way too late to start over and change my lifestyle? I mean because I am 29 years old almost 30.

2. How can I get used to exercise or perform physical activities since I am a sedentary man?

3. Is there a good YouTube channel that has basic exercises like the main big three lifts for complete newbies?

Any advice, suggestion or answer is welcome

God Bless You Guys,

skinnylizard29

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. yes, I started back up at 33 after 5 years of surgeries(war injury) and addicted to pain pills and booze

2. get in a gym and lift stuff. Starting Strength, Stronglifts or All Pro's simple beginner routine are get to start with

3. click this link for the 6 basic lifts http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118920551
    OG

matt233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. It's never to late to make a lifestyle change.

2. You need to set short and long term goals to keep your motivation up. Once you start seeing results that should help motivate you.

3. BB. Com has all the exercises for each muscle group. Also like said before strong lifts 5x5 is a good beginner program.

kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinm207 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    1. yes, I started back up at 33 after 5 years of surgeries(war injury) and addicted to pain pills and booze

2. get in a gym and lift stuff. Starting Strength, Stronglifts or All Pro's simple beginner routine are get to start with

3. click this link for the 6 basic lifts http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118920551
    All good advice, but you will need one more piece that is at least 80% of what will change your life and your body:
    Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

And to help with the math:
    TDEE Calculator
    iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

As you are clearly well aware, you reach your goals you need to make a lifestyle change. Start today and never look back.

Registered User ChristheNatural's Avatar
    ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChristheNatural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1) It's never too late. Start now and you'll see weekly and monthly changes.
    2) Go to stronglifts.com and watch the video on the main page. Then read the Stronglifts 5x5 Training Program guide and download the report(it's a free e-book that will tell you how to do the program, what weights to start at, and how to progress).
    3) You can find excellent instructional videos for all the main lifts on stronglifts.com.

Go to iifym.com and figure out your macronutrient needs for your goals. Click on "start here" at the top of the page.

WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Diet is your main weakness. You should stop drinking anything that has caffeine, and get on a healthy diet. Lean meats, vegetables, and fruits. Peanut butter, oatmeal, and yogurt to name a few healthy foods.

You'll definitely want to be on a bulk diet, despite your beer belly otherwise you'll be cutting down to just skin and bones. You can find out everything you need to know on how to get your diet in check through the Nutrition sub-forum found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Basics for a bulk are to eat 10% - 20% more than your body's maintenance calories while getting in enough protein, fats, etc.

After you have your diet squared away, you can start thinking about a workout routine.
    - All Pro's Beginner Routine (Hypertrophy + Strength)
    - ICF 5x5 (Strength)
    - Starting Strength (Strength)
    All are good for a beginner to improve. They all will promote strength as well as hypertrophy for a beginner.

1.) Is it way too late to start over and change my lifestyle?
    1A.) No, it is not too late. The only time that it is too late is when you are on your death bed.

2.) How can I get used to exercise or perform physical activities since I am a sedentary man?
    2A.) Just slowly work your way into the routine that you decide to choose. Most routines will have you starting out light anyways.

3.) Is there a good YouTube channel that has basic exercises like the main big three lifts for complete newbies?
    3A.) I'm not sure of a YouTube channel that will provide you the information that you are looking for. (FuriousPete / strengthcamp maybe?) But the three big exercises that most routines have are: Bench Press, Squat, and Deadlift.

Anyways, hopefully that information, accompanied with the information that was already provided by others will help you out.