Cgy_Blindman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to get back into shape!

Hi everyone,
    It's been quite a while since I've been on here and I thought I'd ask every ones input on my plan to get back into shape. First off I've been off of working out for about 9 months now due to a car accident, and in that time I've put on a fair bit of weight up from 145 lbs to 190 lbs now with quite the belly and moobs to show for it. As such I obviously want to get fit again, if not fitter than before! My plan so far that I've started about a week ago is

AM Wake up and do a 30 Min Cardio workout

PM I am doing P90X again seeing as I lost 40lbs doing it years ago and I can do it at home easy enough

My supplement stack includes

Orange Triad - 2 pills 3 times a day
    Fish Oil - 2 pills 3 times a day
    Vitamin C - 5 daily
    Vitamin D - 5 daily
    Scivation Xtend - Intra workout AM and PM
    Glutamine - 10g-15g a day
    Creatine 10g-15g a day
    Dymatize ISO 100 Protein Shake after PM workout *switching to CostCo Kaizen due to $$ restrictions for next jug*
    Dymatize Elite Casein - Before bed to keep muscles fed at night
    GNC Lean shake - Morning mixed with ice coffee as gf had this and never used it so I figured I would it has 9g Protein per service and 8g Fiber..

All Protein shakes are mixed with water... Though sometimes I do the Casein with Almond Milk.

As for my diet I've been trying to keep a journal of that with times I eat as well as what I eat and workouts etc. I'm having a fair bit of meat and Salad without dressing most of the time, or with salsa, as well I do try to get some carbs in, either and whole wheat toast in the AM with peanut butter or a wrap of some kind, and some organic granola bars I got from CostCo.

I work really screwed up hours at work mind you, though they are consistent I wake up at 0130 for my AM workout and then go to work for 0400 at the airport with United Airlines. So I'm on my feet running around all day I'm at work. After which I am off at 1230 and do my workout when I get home around 1300, then bed around 1730 or 1830. Also I am a 28 y/o male!

So what do you all think? Does it look good?

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, I think you are on the right path. Quiet a few supplements, but to be honest, I was exactly that way when I started. But, from your previous conquests, you already know it comes down to diet monitoring, exercising and getting adequate rest. What is your exact goals? Also, highly recommend you take pics and post. As long as you aren't arrogant, most people will go out of their way to provide sound advice on this form. And you'll have a great diary to look back upon. Wish I would have taken more pics on my journey back.

Also, I'm a firm believer in muscle memory, so I think you will get some good results quickly.

Best of luck!

TC
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

Casting A Big Shadow Bring_The_Pain's Avatar
    Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cgy_Blindman View Post
    Hi everyone,
    It's been quite a while since I've been on here and I thought I'd ask every ones input on my plan to get back into shape. First off I've been off of working out for about 9 months now due to a car accident, and in that time I've put on a fair bit of weight up from 145 lbs to 190 lbs now with quite the belly and moobs to show for it. As such I obviously want to get fit again, if not fitter than before! My plan so far that I've started about a week ago is

AM Wake up and do a 30 Min Cardio workout

PM I am doing P90X again seeing as I lost 40lbs doing it years ago and I can do it at home easy enough

My supplement stack includes

Orange Triad - 2 pills 3 times a day
    Fish Oil - 2 pills 3 times a day
    Vitamin C - 5 daily
    Vitamin D - 5 daily
    Scivation Xtend - Intra workout AM and PM
    Glutamine - 10g-15g a day
    Creatine 10g-15g a day
    Dymatize ISO 100 Protein Shake after PM workout *switching to CostCo Kaizen due to $$ restrictions for next jug*
    Dymatize Elite Casein - Before bed to keep muscles fed at night
    GNC Lean shake - Morning mixed with ice coffee as gf had this and never used it so I figured I would it has 9g Protein per service and 8g Fiber..

All Protein shakes are mixed with water... Though sometimes I do the Casein with Almond Milk.

As for my diet I've been trying to keep a journal of that with times I eat as well as what I eat and workouts etc. I'm having a fair bit of meat and Salad without dressing most of the time, or with salsa, as well I do try to get some carbs in, either and whole wheat toast in the AM with peanut butter or a wrap of some kind, and some organic granola bars I got from CostCo.

I work really screwed up hours at work mind you, though they are consistent I wake up at 0130 for my AM workout and then go to work for 0400 at the airport with United Airlines. So I'm on my feet running around all day I'm at work. After which I am off at 1230 and do my workout when I get home around 1300, then bed around 1730 or 1830. Also I am a 28 y/o male!

So what do you all think? Does it look good?
    Your wasting creatine at that dosage, too high. Why so much vitamin C and D, or are the dosages low? Check your whole wheat bread a lot of them still have high fructose corn syrup and junk in them. I would recommend Ezekiel bread instead of store bought wheat.

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why are you taking a supp for vitamin c and d if you're already taking orange triad???
    Don't take anymore than 5g of creatine per day. It won't hurt, but it'll be a complete waste. Your body won't utilize it all.
    Get rid of the caesin. Its not necessary. Your body won't begin eating away at your muscles overnight. The risk of catabolism is over hyped. Just make sure you're getting in adequate amounts of protein each day.

I notice you didn't mention anything about your calories or macros. You're gonna definitely want to know how many calories to eat if you dont wanna be shooting in the dark.
    Been serious about these Macros since 06/2013

IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros)

FatLossProgress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154893833&page=1

Calories&Macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380403
    FatLoss2: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

CutEnd/BulkBegin: 139lb 9/6/13

Cgy_Blindman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the input everyone!

I'll definitely lower the creatine to 5g a day, and also I do take the extra C and D right now because I was getting over a flu so the extra really helped that along.

As for the Casein, how about just using it as a snack if I'm stuck at work longer than I'd like to keep me going as I don't really get much time to eat while I'm there?

I will take some time later to look at my calorie macros for sure though, thanks I never even thought of that, I've just been taking shots in the dark at eating properly again without any of the crap in my diet.

Also though even in this last week I'm noticing my body is starting to remember what it's like to workout again, which is a nice boost to my self confidence and drive to work harder!

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for all the input everyone!

I'll definitely lower the creatine to 5g a day, and also I do take the extra C and D right now because I was getting over a flu so the extra really helped that along.

As for the Casein, how about just using it as a snack if I'm stuck at work longer than I'd like to keep me going as I don't really get much time to eat while I'm there?

I will take some time later to look at my calorie macros for sure though, thanks I never even thought of that, I've just been taking shots in the dark at eating properly again without any of the crap in my diet.

Also though even in this last week I'm noticing my body is starting to remember what it's like to workout again, which is a nice boost to my self confidence and drive to work harder!
    Great!
    As for the caesin, take it if you want. Plenty do. Its just that it tends to be more expensive and doesn't really offer any extra benefits. But if it puts your mind at ease, it definitely won't hurt.
    Been serious about these Macros since 06/2013

IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros)

FatLossProgress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154893833&page=1

Calories&Macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380403
    FatLoss2: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

CutEnd/BulkBegin: 139lb 9/6/13

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All of the other things you're focused on are pretty much irrelevant compared to calories and macros.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did you read mens health magazine and just buy everything they told you to? Seriously, you are wasting so much money on supplements. Read the stickies, follow what they say, profit.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24