munkhuu23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When should i take protein shakes?

I lift weights few days a week, and i take scoop of c4 preworkout 20-30min before workout, and right after work out i drink a scoop of 100% whey, then before i sleep i take scoop of tri-cell casein.
    Am i doing this right? Should i change the amount or timing?

Should i drink protein shakes on off days and cardio days?
    1. i dont really have cardio days, i usually ride bike or play basketball all the time, but i want to start running now. So, should i take protein shakes on cardio days? Does it have any benefits or it doesnt matter on cardio day?

2. And on the off days, should i take protein shakes? whey or casein? or both? Does it help with the muscle growth?
    I don't really care about the soreness, so if the protein shakes help soreness but not muscle growth on off days, i wouldn't drink it. BUt does it help muscle growth on off days?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    protein shakes are just powdered food. consume them as needed to meet your protein macros. you dont need them at all if you are consuming adequate protien through whole food
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The critical part about protein shake timing is to drink them whilst reading Nutrition forum stickies.

KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KwayZee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    The critical part about protein shake timing is to drink them whilst reading Nutrition forum stickies.
    This. Protein shakes aren't "magic". Simply drinking them won't make you lose fat or start packing on muscle. It's all about how you use them to reach your macros.
    ~Veni Vidi Vici~

Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Meal ( including shakes ) timing has no effect as long as you meet your macros and cals.

TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein Shakes are good post-workout, depending on what brand, they have a good amount of Protein and BCAA's to help you recover after your workout. They also help to return your body back to its anabolic state.

Also to meet your macros through the day. Really doesn't matter when you have them.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by munkhuu23 View Post
    I lift weights few days a week, and i take scoop of c4 preworkout 20-30min before workout, and right after work out i drink a scoop of 100% whey, then before i sleep i take scoop of tri-cell casein.
    Am i doing this right? Should i change the amount or timing?

Should i drink protein shakes on off days and cardio days?
    1. i dont really have cardio days, i usually ride bike or play basketball all the time, but i want to start running now. So, should i take protein shakes on cardio days? Does it have any benefits or it doesnt matter on cardio day?

2. And on the off days, should i take protein shakes? whey or casein? or both? Does it help with the muscle growth?
    I don't really care about the soreness, so if the protein shakes help soreness but not muscle growth on off days, i wouldn't drink it. BUt does it help muscle growth on off days?
    Op please start here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

When done with that get in the middle of this one!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

After learning the basics of nutrition post back for help.

By the way, you don't "take" protein shakes. You "take" medicine, a protein shake is just powdered milk partials. Good luck and come back if you need help with stickies.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheeFate View Post
    Protein Shakes are good post-workout, depending on what brand, they have a good amount of Protein and BCAA's to help you recover after your workout. They also help to return your body back to its anabolic state.
    So is steak and potatoes.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Also to meet your macros through the day. Really doesn't matter when you have them.
    There's always one . . . .

TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    There's always one . . . .
    Not sure why you felt the need for that.

None of what I said was incorrect. If you feel something was, feel free to share and leave the asinine comments somewhere else.

Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    8:22PM and not a minute sooner or later!
    "Too stupid to even figure out the subtitles of trolling." - Vickissick07

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

While the second part is true, the bolded part implies that they're especially good, or specifically good, at that time (PWO). It's just food. Getting your macros by days end is far more important than guzzling a protein shake right after your workout.

Not sure why you felt the need for that.

None of what I said was incorrect. If you feel something was, feel free to share and leave the asinine comments somewhere else.
    "Help you return to your body back to its anabolic state" ? Feel free to share your asinine broscience somewhere else. enjoy your reds. and thanks for mine

Perpetuating the myth just helps to make other newbs confused or misinformed.